BIG problems, that I don't see the devs addressing

chadwelltarly

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Calling me blind because I seem not to take random rants as proof? Yes.

So you changed your personal game settings and complain about stuff not working properly in your personal game? I just checked my default settings servers. Everything respawns peoperly. On island, SE and Ragnarok.

I'd say pretty solid proof for someone who witch hunts WC all the time. Keep it up!

Also, never said you have to prove something to me. I asked you to post some proof to your claims. But as usual people who say "I have proof" or use superlatives do not have any proof.

You just trolling for the sake of it ?

I doubt anyone here who reports a bug has to provide proof before its taken seriously, also yes, i have changed the settings, it part of the game to be able to change such settings, either way i should be able to and it work as intended, i play SP, and as such i have to find ALL MY OWN RESOURCES  and not rely on 10 people going out to harvest them, as a result i shorten the time for harvesting to respawn, and make them closer to my base so i dont have to run out as far, is that ok with you ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GP said:

I'm curious to know which of the two settings below you are using that you have turned right down...

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures

or

StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier

I have changed in my SP game setting on xboxone..

Structure Prevent Resource Radius Multiplier 0.5
Resources Respawn Period to 0.5
No Resource Radius - Players 0.1
No Resource Radius - Structures 0.1

I have the same problem on all maps, i harvest trees rocks and a couple of iron nodes around the area, ive waited over 2 RL days of playing around 6 hours a time, and nothing is spawning back, im having to venture further to get my res

I 'think' its when i exit my game when the resources have NOT spawned back, when i resume the game its like the server had forgotten what was where ?

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I have changed in my SP game setting on xboxone..

Structure Prevent Resource Radius Multiplier 0.5
Resources Respawn Period to 0.5
No Resource Radius - Players 0.1
No Resource Radius - Structures 0.1

I have the same problem on all maps, i harvest trees rocks and a couple of iron nodes around the area, ive waited over 2 RL days of playing around 6 hours a time, and nothing is spawning back, im having to venture further to get my res

I 'think' its when i exit my game when the resources have NOT spawned back, when i resume the game its like the server had forgotten what was where ?

Oh well I don't know about Xbox then, but for PC as we have INI access I have StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=1.0 and when I reduced that to 0.7 there was a clear difference ingame. This is a server i'm talking about though, not SP. So not sure if the issue is with it being SP instead of a Server, or if it is an Xbox issue that does not affect PC.

Ameno!!! I hope this Kibble rework will be amazing, is there any information out already about what changes are going to be made to kibble?

Hopefully one of those changes will be that Trikes stops liking Carno egg kibble :D (Taming carnos to tame a trike...Usually Trike is one of first 3 dinos tamed by a new guy, well at least when I start fresh)

Too bad they choose to not do kibble rework and dino tlc pass during EA. That was perfect time to test it. Well, fallowing big overhauls of main game would proof or not if WC is able to make gameplay mechanics that are enjoyable, not just timesink chore that a lot of exsisting mechanics are. 

I wonder why WC don't want to share how they are going to overhaul Kibble Tree. What's the concept of the overhaul? 

I still cannot understand why the most underwhelming and tedious feature of the game was not improved for over 2,5 years. Taming. 

Why can we not have taming mechanics similar to horse taming? It would be way more entertaining than staring at taming bar for 2 hours. 

9 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Wonder if its worth me contacting them about how taxing this game is on the xbox system and how poorly it plays...

could be worth it, funnily enough a response from the Tech team said that everything up to the game server search tool works fine. I wonder of WC and Nitrado are actually addressing this now, I've asked how XBOX and Microsoft investigate these issues with third party products using their platforms and what are the expected requirements to abide by in using their platforms, am awaiting a response

1 hour ago, Spankijs said:

Ameno!!! I hope this Kibble rework will be amazing, is there any information out already about what changes are going to be made to kibble?

Hopefully one of those changes will be that Trikes stops liking Carno egg kibble :D (Taming carnos to tame a trike...Usually Trike is one of first 3 dinos tamed by a new guy, well at least when I start fresh)

A common mistake is to try to follow kibble chain from the start because you dont NEED kibble to tame other egg layers for kibble farm - its a waste of time.
Nor does "a new guy" need a 150 perfect tame trike to start playing.

3 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

I doubt anyone here who reports a bug has to provide proof before its taken seriously,

Errrm, well, if you don't provide any sort of detail or example or way to reproduce the bug... I'm not going to say you aren't going to be taken seriously by most gaming companies but lets just say your report isn't going to be a priority.  So yes, proof of an actual problem is actually pretty important.

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Errrm, well, if you don't provide any sort of detail or example or way to reproduce the bug... I'm not going to say you aren't going to be taken seriously by most gaming companies but lets just say your report isn't going to be a priority.  So yes, proof of an actual problem is actually pretty important.

i dont believe that you guys do not check the Bug Sections of this Forum.

There are many Threads that list all the Bugs that are ingame from the Start and not yet solved. 
Really cant remember that one of these Threads has Responses from a Dev or even only a Mod.... hmmmmm.... Why could that be? hmmmmmmm.....

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Thats not what i said, big different between offering ways to reproduce and showing proof, i gave a descriptive way to reproduce the bug, what more do you need, me to send you my xboxone so you can see it first hand ?

On 10/31/2017 at 12:41 PM, chadwelltarly said:

I've seen these questions or similar all over the forums, and in the Digest Q&A posts, and I'm not seeing anywhere that they're being responded to, or answered by anyone in authority. If I'm wrong, and you know of a post, or thread where something here has been addressed please let me know, as I'm truly interested. 

@Jatheish  

@Jen

@Jeremy Stieglitz

I'm sure you all get tagged in 2 out of every 3 posts on the forums where people are complaining etc. But I feel like these questions are being overlooked, or in the case of the kibble system revamp, just not detailed enough information in my opinion. 

So here are my questions, and concerns that I'm unable to find an official, and informative response to.

What are you planning to do about Timers? (which are ruining the game for regular players, and based on the accounts I've read, not stopping most people that are duping) 

What are you planning to do about the large amount of capped servers? I play on 4 servers right now, 2 are capped, and the other 2 feel remarkable close....

Why put out a steam sale, and not add new servers to coincide with that influx of players? Seems logical to assume that these new players are just going to flood, and overfill the already strained, or capped servers....

How long until you finally phase out legacy for good so we can have a more reasonable number of official servers again?

Are you considering options to reduce the need for egg farms? and if so what are they?

Will we ever see this "reworked kibble system"?

Is the current Halloween event (Halloween 2017) your idea of an enjoyable event? it appears underwhelming to me, and the wild dinos added seem to only really inconvenience newer players, and don't seem to do much for the rest of us. 

The highlighted point, i've tried asking in Q&A and even suggested some alternate methods in the suggestion section but still nothing........

It is indeed ruining gameplay for regular players.

1 hour ago, Ugodzilla said:

i dont believe that you guys do not check the Bug Sections of this Forum.

There are many Threads that list all the Bugs that are ingame from the Start and not yet solved. 
Really cant remember that one of these Threads has Responses from a Dev or even only a Mod.... hmmmmm.... Why could that be? hmmmmmmm.....

I'm sure WC support personnel keep an eye  on the Bugs section, although a detailed support ticket is of course the best way to get the information to them.  Support tickets are also the way to get responses to specific issues from support staff.

The point I was making is that making general statements isn't very helpful to the situation without detail (or proof if you will).  Describing a way to reliably reproduce the bug, a screenshot of the issue or of your relative settings, in this case mentioning the fact that resource spawn behavior was adjusted and how it is set now.  Little details that verify and actually help get the issue solved.

3 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Too bad they choose to not do kibble rework and dino tlc pass during EA. That was perfect time to test it. Well, fallowing big overhauls of main game would proof or not if WC is able to make gameplay mechanics that are enjoyable, not just timesink chore that a lot of exsisting mechanics are. 

I wonder why WC don't want to share how they are going to overhaul Kibble Tree. What's the concept of the overhaul? 

I still cannot understand why the most underwhelming and tedious feature of the game was not improved for over 2,5 years. Taming. 

Why can we not have taming mechanics similar to horse taming? It would be way more entertaining than staring at taming bar for 2 hours. 

Whenever people are tight-lipped about something they have absolutely no reason to be tight-lipped about I just assume they have no actual plan. It usually turns out to be true. How long have they apparently been working on the kibble redesign? By now, if a plan existed, the new system would be so refined as to blow us all away with how much better it is compared to the current system. :D

46 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Whenever people are tight-lipped about something they have absolutely no reason to be tight-lipped about I just assume they have no actual plan. It usually turns out to be true. How long have they apparently been working on the kibble redesign? By now, if a plan existed, the new system would be so refined as to blow us all away with how much better it is compared to the current system. :D

On the flip-side of that, imagine all the salty posts when the kibble re-work does come out. How many will be crying that they half of their egg layers are now not needed or are now needed for kibble that that isnt useful for the dino they want. So I am not surprised they arent saying anything at this point. They have gotten themselves into trouble in the past for promising too much and under delivering. 

They did say however that when they are ready to launch the kibble rework they would be doing it on a couple test servers first before launching it on all servers. I really hope they stick with that plan so that they can work out all the kinks before launching it in the "real" world.

1 minute ago, Dustrider said:

On the flip-side of that, imagine all the salty posts when the kibble re-work does come out. How many will be crying that they half of their egg layers are now not needed or are now needed for kibble that that isnt useful for the dino they want.

They did say however that when they are ready to launch the kibble rework they would be doing it on a couple test servers first before launching it on all servers. I really hope they stick with that plan so that they can work out all the kinks before launching it in the "real" world.

Ah yeah. It is fun to complain. There are plenty of people attached to their dinos as well. Even the eggers.

I can't really relate to it though. I've murdered my own dinos with glee once we had a tame cap problem. For the first round I made a nice big pile of C4 and blew them all sky high. Still occasionally look through the barn for anything I can fry.

Using actual test servers rather then treating the general player population as test subjects is welcome news. Kind of hard to believe they're actually going to do something that...un-Wildcardian. Hehe.

Just now, Vrallox said:

Ah yeah. It is fun to complain. There are plenty of people attached to their dinos as well. Even the eggers.

I can't really relate to it though. I've murdered my own dinos with glee once we had a tame cap problem. For the first round I made a nice big pile of C4 and blew them all sky high. Still occasionally look through the barn for anything I can fry.

Using actual test servers rather then treating the general player population as test subjects is welcome news. Kind of hard to believe they're actually going to do something that...un-Wildcardian. Hehe.

That sounds like fun! I play official PVP so tame cap luckily isnt something we have to deal with right now (tame cap used to be an issue on legacy but now it only counts rafts and platform saddles with structures). But when our base accumulates too many dodos, lystros, dilos etc we usually give them to noobs. Though some executions have been arranged from time to time lol.

2 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

I'm sure WC support personnel keep an eye  on the Bugs section, although a detailed support ticket is of course the best way to get the information to them.  Support tickets are also the way to get responses to specific issues from support staff.

The point I was making is that making general statements isn't very helpful to the situation without detail (or proof if you will).  Describing a way to reliably reproduce the bug, a screenshot of the issue or of your relative settings, in this case mentioning the fact that resource spawn behavior was adjusted and how it is set now.  Little details that verify and actually help get the issue solved.

That stuff was given 2 years ago, and a few have posted about the same problem cause i followed it for a while, ive read so many time support tickets get ignored, yes i will throw another support ticket, but should i have to keep on at them over and over before somethings gets done, i mean 2 years, theres no excuse 

8 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

You just trolling for the sake of it ?

I doubt anyone here who reports a bug has to provide proof before its taken seriously, also yes, i have changed the settings, it part of the game to be able to change such settings, either way i should be able to and it work as intended, i play SP, and as such i have to find ALL MY OWN RESOURCES  and not rely on 10 people going out to harvest them, as a result i shorten the time for harvesting to respawn, and make them closer to my base so i dont have to run out as far, is that ok with you ?

So I am trolling because you claim you have proof to major issues WC seems to ignore for two years to screw with its players, yet when I ask you for a bit of said proof, you dodge, get defensive and insult me as blind?

K den. I'm trolling.

1 hour ago, Dustrider said:

I would love to see someone sit on the back of a carno and try to tame it like a horse. Player climbs on carno, carno bucks player off and then promptly eats him. :D

I gave you an example how to make taming process in more interesting way. I expect Wildcard to overhaul taming process so it'd represent similar level of gameplay quality as horse taming at least. However, it would be funny to see players being insta killed if we applied horse taming to carno ;)

13 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Wasn't here for a month. Rather than insulting me you could post some proof, if there is so much of it. Unless it's not actually proof...

Which serious problems did you report 2 years ago that are still present in the game? Quite curious about that.

Falling through ceilings and getting stuck in foundations. Do you even play this game mate? And this is just top off my head in 2 seconds....

There are so many bugs with physics in the game that were here form the start one has just to point at anything of it in game, and it is likely there would be a bug in there since game release.

3 hours ago, Dustrider said:

How many will be crying that they half of their egg layers are now not needed or are now needed for kibble that that isnt useful for the dino they want.

I'm building a pen and going to town with my lightning Wyvern to free up space when this rework comes. I'll stock my fridge with the corpses of these useless lag creator's. Goodbye dimorph's, goodbye dimetrodon's, farewell morellatop's and iguanadon's. I'll miss you most of all scorpions. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I'm building a pen and going to town with my lightning Wyvern to free up space when this rework comes. I'll stock my fridge with the corpses of these useless lag creator's. Goodbye dimorph's, goodbye dimetrodon's, farewell morellatop's and iguanadon's. I'll miss you most of all scorpions. 

No! Not the dimetrodons! They are so useful!

Archived