Upload Cooldown

Zed38

I noticed yesterday that there were cd on stuff u had in inventory..I waited 25 min before i was supposed to be able to upload my golem saddle but guess what? when timer were on 0,00 i still couldnt upload it:O
So now i wonder what is this new cd thing? is it supposed to be like this all the time?
I heard something about they did this cause people were not suppose to get duplicate stuff during rollbacks is it so?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jezzie said:

I feel this is a bad way to fix it.. As usual innocent players gets punished because of other idiotic people!
So from now on u need to plan your trips between the servers carefully else u need to stand and wait on the cooldown for 25 min:O
I dont know what to say more than this is such a bad fix for us that isnt f*cking with the servers!

It does seem like the cheaters will be able to easily find a way around it but I'm just guessing here. But we also have all those times the people at Wildcard tried to fix something and failed miserably as precedent. I suppose only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Jezzie said:

I noticed yesterday that there were cd on stuff u had in inventory..I waited 25 min before i was supposed to be able to upload my golem saddle but guess what? when timer were on 0,00 i still couldnt upload it:O
So now i wonder what is this new cd thing? is it supposed to be like this all the time?
I heard something about they did this cause people were not suppose to get duplicate stuff during rollbacks is it so?

you had to wait till the timer disappeared, but then you could only upload usually 1 item or 1 stack. it was patched 2 hours before server down time for some servers to allow unrestricted transferring. If you didnt manage to get everything out by then, it's too late now.

2 hours ago, bkrafty said:

Why did they drop support for legacy and then not update with resource blocked areas after they said all updates and content for legacy?

They dropped support for legacy because there was a backlog of so many requests that WC could not conceivably service their new servers on release if they were focused on fixing problems on servers that most people are abandoning. There's no reason to make your maintenance crew run back into a burning building to change a burnt-out light bulb just because you said you would...especially if you have another building that just opened and will probably need some light bulbs. Is it fair to the person who made the request? No. It's not. But sometimes life isn't fair. Hanlon's Razor. You can believe they did this out of malice, or you can believe they had the best intentions but planned poorly and realized that they promised more than they were capable of. (aka: stupid promises they couldn't keep, not a covert plan to piss off bkrafty)

Regarding the blocked areas, I can't tell you exactly why, I can only assume...and I would assume WC didn't "fix" (aka: wipe) resource blocked areas because it wasn't feasible to do at the time. Considering it would start a flame-war either way, they made a judgement call. They could either do a lot of work to get yelled at about wiping part of a server when they said they wouldn't, or the could leave it and get yelled at about not wiping part of a server when they said they wouldn't.

These are things I've said in less words multiple times over now. I'm not saying you have to agree with me. You can do whatever the hell you like...but no matter how angry you are, the actions WC took are reasonable considering the circumstances. WC could either bend over backwards to please someone like you...someone who is demonstrating that WC can do nothing to please you, OOOOOORRRRR they could focus on pleasing players on new servers and addressing their problems and potentially have the opportunity not repeat their previous mistakes of having zig-zag priorities.

Again, I'm aware you don't agree with me because you're not in a mindset conducive to agreeing with anyone. You're really angry with WC and I can understand that. They've pissed me off plenty too, but we just have different maturity levels in responding to situations wherein we don't get exactly what we want, whether "we" feel like we're entitled to it or not.

14 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

They dropped support for legacy because there was a backlog of so many requests that WC could not conceivably service their new servers on release if they were focused on fixing problems on servers that most people are abandoning. There's no reason to make your maintenance crew run back into a burning building to change a burnt-out light bulb just because you said you would...especially if you have another building that just opened and will probably need some light bulbs. Is it fair to the person who made the request? No. It's not. But sometimes life isn't fair. Hanlon's Razor. You can believe they did this out of malice, or you can believe they had the best intentions but planned poorly and realized that they promised more than they were capable of. (aka: stupid promises they couldn't keep, not a covert plan to piss off bkrafty)

Regarding the blocked areas, I can't tell you exactly why, I can only assume...and I would assume WC didn't "fix" (aka: wipe) resource blocked areas because it wasn't feasible to do at the time. Considering it would start a flame-war either way, they made a judgement call. They could either do a lot of work to get yelled at about wiping part of a server when they said they wouldn't, or the could leave it and get yelled at about not wiping part of a server when they said they wouldn't.

These are things I've said in less words multiple times over now. I'm not saying you have to agree with me. You can do whatever the hell you like...but no matter how angry you are, the actions WC took are reasonable considering the circumstances. WC could either bend over backwards to please someone like you...someone who is demonstrating that WC can do nothing to please you, OOOOOORRRRR they could focus on pleasing players on new servers and addressing their problems and potentially have the opportunity not repeat their previous mistakes of having zig-zag priorities.

Again, I'm aware you don't agree with me because you're not in a mindset conducive to agreeing with anyone. You're really angry with WC and I can understand that. They've pissed me off plenty too, but we just have different maturity levels in responding to situations wherein we don't get exactly what we want, whether "we" feel like we're entitled to it or not.

That was a good answer. Yes, I do not agree it was a coincidence that they cut support AND decided not to apply resource blocking to legacy. I don't attribute everything to malice, but I also do not ignore obvious connections. I certainly don't think they did it to piss me off, and if they did they failed as I have already found a great dedicated server. As far as the rest of your statement goes, you are reading into what I say way too much. I don't feel entitled to anything and I'll be fine. I simply would assume WC didn't "fix" (aka: wipe) resource blocked areas because it fits a plan to do away with legacy servers. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I investigate fraud for a living and draw conclusions based on evidence. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint. 

So someone walks into a shop not knowing anything about Ark but decides to buy it.

Goes home and fires it up and then see's that no sessions are available. Sees that the servers are down till 11am but sees that was almost three hours ago.

Now this person is sitting down thinking why they bought a game that isn't working. 

8 minutes ago, Grandta said:

So someone walks into a shop not knowing anything about Ark but decides to buy it.

Goes home and fires it up and then see's that no sessions are available. Sees that the servers are down till 11am but sees that was almost three hours ago.

Now this person is sitting down thinking why they bought a game that isn't working. 

Let's be real here. Someone walks in to their favorite game store today, buys Ark, goes home and by the time they're done downloading/installing all the updates, the servers are up.

So, on a Facebook group page, there is talk that the new patch is going to make it so that you have to hold something in your inventory for 30mins before you can upload it and transfer it to another server? Is there any truth in this? The patch notes don't tell much so I am not sure what to believe at this point. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Upload Cooldown
1 hour ago, Grandta said:

exactly

1 hour ago, Eferhilda said:

So, on a Facebook group page, there is talk that the new patch is going to make it so that you have to hold something in your inventory for 30mins before you can upload it and transfer it to another server? Is there any truth in this? The patch notes don't tell much so I am not sure what to believe at this point. 

this destroys cross server trading of expensive dinos. imagin trying to move 10 ings....previously you would whip it near an obi and server hop to a vault at home......what the hell would you do now....G G stand there on an obi or drop for 40 mins til the cd is over? Half brained excuse for a fix is what it is.

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

No tickets going forward is what many of us don't like... I am not as concerned about previous tickets. It sucks I got a message today saying my tickets were wiped, but I understand the rationale behind that. To support going forward is a total slap in the face.

35 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

No tickets going forward is what many of us don't like... I am not as concerned about previous tickets. It sucks I got a message today saying my tickets were wiped, but I understand the rationale behind that. To support going forward is a total slap in the face.

It's not a slap in the face if you're picking up their arms and swinging their hands at your head. You've complained that Ark makes bad business decisions, yet you're demanding they make a worse business decision so you can get what you want. No matter how you slice it, continuing to service legacy servers is a waste of valuable resources. It's a bummer that they said they would do it, and it's a bummer that they aren't going to do it...but in all aspects it's a bad decision for Wildcard to waste their time and resources on a lost cause. 

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

It's not a slap in the face if you're picking up their arms and swinging their hands at your head. You've complained that Ark makes bad business decisions, yet you're demanding they make a worse business decision so you can get what you want. Servicing legacy servers is a waste of everyone's time and money. It's a bummer that they said they would do it, and it's a bummer that they aren't going to do it...but in all aspects it's a bad decision for Wildcard to waste their time and resources on a lost cause. 

Translation. WC dont care bc they already have your money so you getting support dont really matter.

Archived