Upload Cooldown

Zed38

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

really wc? during migration?

.... unbelievable

and you drop items from player inventory now on transfer. nice. feels for those who havent transferred their BP yet

Wildcard has two options:

1) Fix it and listen to nonstop bitching because there was a patch and rollback

OR

2) Don't fix it and listen to nonstop bitching because it's not being fixed. 

10 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

OR

or implement it later today during the new server rollout... you know... when migration is over... :P

1 minute ago, Zed38 said:

or implement it later today during the new server rollout... you know... when migration is over... :P

Sorry, forgot. Wildcard has three options:

OR

OR

3) Wait until the migration is over and listen to nonstop bitching because it's not being fixed right now

8 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Wildcard has plenty of empathy...it's just that some of their customers are cognitively prohibited from experiencing the emotion.

From the experience you should know they often do things then regret or dont ever talk about it again. lack of empathy, mayby not, but missing some links in customer relations. No need to get personal on player base, i have some experience , you have some other

Just now, Rubberduck said:

From the experience you should know they often do things then regret or dont ever talk about it again. lack of empathy, mayby not, but missing some links in customer relations. No need to get personal on player base, i have some experience , you have some other

There's a SIGNIFICANT difference between saying, "There's a missing link in customer relations," and saying, "empathy isnt a keyword in wildcard." I agree that Wildcard needs more customer support staff. So do they. I think everyone agrees on that.

Items in inventory have ALWAYS dropped for me even on my own server cluster. Equipped armor stays but anything in my inventory always drops. Gotta put it in the Ark Data tab of the beacon or obelisk to transfer items. Not sure what's with the 2 minute window every 20 minutes part but... at least the other part is the way I have always experienced it

33 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

OR

I thought we cleared this up, Lou. They just need to do what they announce they are going to do and stop the lying and sneakiness. Do you just cut and paste this into all forum posts? It's called debate and it takes having an actual idea to participate in one. O.o

so we are going to give people less notice than promised to move.

Then we are gona cull more servers than we orignally claimed to further impact the at cap servers that are left.

Then just for fun, the final nail in the coffin- we are going to roll out our new Dupe package early, to further hinder any server moves still going on.

Wow you couldnt have written this- its an Epic novel

5 minutes ago, Rhah said:

Huh. I've never had to do that. I've only ever had to remove dino inventory and saddles and carry them with me. My stuff always stayed with me just fine, that's why this whole thing is a little confusing.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of... I've always just put stuff in the Ark Data tab cause that is what you used to have to do way back when... I never really changed my pattern of doing things and usually don't have anything but armor on me when changing servers anyway lol

• Volunteer Moderator

10 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

so the dupe fix, is to make sure you have a 30min timer on your inventory before uploading? wow, thats gona royally screw up any trading later on then

I assume this is to make sure the items are in the saves or in the ark data in case of rollback due to crashes but not both.

1 minute ago, Hype365 said:

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of... I've always just put stuff in the Ark Data tab cause that is what you used to have to do way back when... I never really changed my pattern of doing things and usually don't have anything but armor on me when changing servers anyway lol

I understand; Old habits die hard, after all.

I'll have to see if I drop all my gear when I jump on to my SE cluster server in a bit. Be able to put this case to rest then!

3 minutes ago, Rhah said:

I understand; Old habits die hard, after all.

I'll have to see if I drop all my gear when I jump on to my SE cluster server in a bit. Be able to put this case to rest then!

Indeed they do lol and please let us know what you find out :) I'm currently neck deep in management tasks for my server cluster otherwise I'd test it out myself lol

11 minutes ago, Hype365 said:

Indeed they do lol and please let us know what you find out :) I'm currently neck deep in management tasks for my server cluster otherwise I'd test it out myself lol

Just transferred over to my SE server in the cluster from a supply beacon on Island, kept all the gear. Everything is as it should be. Can't imagine official would be much different. Case closed I guess?

54 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Sorry, forgot. Wildcard has three options:

OR

OR

3) Wait until the migration is over and listen to nonstop bitching because it's not being fixed right now

4) I play on UNOFFICIAL servers and don't experience any of the issues your sausageheads have so I am just spending my whole day posting how you all are dumb and I am the WC best player.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Upload Cooldown

Archived