ARK SE being free?

MeisaQT

1 hour ago, MeisaQT said:

Any chance that in the future if the game ever gets released or they have a promotion where SE would be free? Id love to try it out but as a solo it is extremely intimidating and would hate to buy it and never play on the map :(

look for a sale...but buy it. support the game if you like it.

Also it s really worth the money in my opinion [even at it s 15 euro non sale cost]. I really liked the SE map, it has a certain feeling and theme which the island lacks. Yes it is a bit harder than the island solo but doable with some advice form someone who played itfor a while [I played single player only so far]. I can give you alot of tips on hwo to survive the SE map and how to make things easier in single player. Buy the game and pm me, I ll give you a full briefing!

You can also transfer your character, tames and items between maps. You can play on the Island/Center, build up, get good gear and strong tames, then venture out into the desert well prepared. Endgame it can even be more interesting in its own way. Starting fresh it provides a challenge, but well prepared endgame it gives easier access to certain resources than other maps (the deepsea loot crates are far easier, even safer, to find in the desert. Oil can passively gather to pick up on demand, and getting lots of pearls fast is also a lot more convenient, for example.) I personally also only visit SE for the goodies it offers, while continuing to live on the Island. Best of both worlds.

1 hour ago, GP said:

I doubt that SE would ever be free, imagine the up roar from all those that have bought it.

The best you can expect is a sale, so I would recommend keeping an eye on future sales.

Dont know about that.... dont expansion packs in other games become free from time to time, like in battlefield 4?
Anyway, I paid for this one and I wouldn't be upset if it was released free, we got to play it when it initially come out.

This "product" was never actually completed, they got our money then abandoned it. you still cant fly through the center of the map without DC'ing for example.
Only thing I had on my Scorched server/tribe was a big building I was storing about 40-50 Wyverns in. which are now all practically useless after the flyer nerf.
I personally dont think this product deserves "Support" and wouldn’t recommend anyone buy it.

9 minutes ago, MostSpy said:

Dont know about that.... dont expansion packs in other games become free from time to time, like in battlefield 4?
Anyway, I paid for this one and I wouldn't be upset if it was released free, we got to play it when it initially come out.

This "product" was never actually completed, they got our money then abandoned it. you still cant fly through the center of the map without DC'ing for example.
Only thing I had on my Scorched server/tribe was a big building I was storing about 40-50 Wyverns in. which are now all practically useless after the flyer nerf.
I personally dont think this product deserves "Support" and wouldn’t recommend anyone buy it.

Some maps and weapons compared to a thing that could be a standalone game. Battlefield DLCs are a ripoff and get free when EA sees noone buys them anymore. Or if the game gets abandoned 2 years after release because 2 new ones are there.

Firstly I would be a little annoyed for free release within the first year its out but after that to keep the map alive I'd expect it to go free,

Secondly I would recommend playing it, even as a solo, I'm mostly single player as well, but hopefully they'll be a bit more done to it as last I played it it felt a bit limited on Dinosaurs but lovely to collect blueprints for transfer over to the island

And for the money I've paid for either map or all together is well worth it (£30ish) Ive clocked up 134d 11h 22m, and I've paid over £50 for games I've played less than 11h on, and no one bat's an eyelid

SE is a great map. It brings something new to the table, and you actually have to worry about the weather (unlike the Island). The Wyvern alone makes it worth the buy, they dominate in PVP still and are the fastest flyer after the nerf. They also have breath attacks but those drain a lot of precious stamina, so I'd go with their bite attack because it barely uses any stamina per attack.

It also says on the Wiki that Phoenix are an upcoming feature for Scorched Earth. Plus, Chainsaws and Flamethrowers. You can harvest a ton of wood and thatch with a chainsaw, and the flamethrower is pretty much the go-to for cave runs.

If you can afford it, just buy it. Because I doubt it will ever be free DLC

SE is not good for main base, electrical storms knock out all your turrets. But setting up a small FOB of sorts to farm or tame stuff there is useful, or being able to transfer in for raids. Farming oil there is extremely easy because people have oil dereks on the oil nodes that always have like 100 stacks of oil in them. You can transfer in fill up on oil and transfer out!

Edit: Plus the map is HUGE and flyers suck so traversing it could be something of a nightmare

As a fellow lone player I know what you mean. To be honest once you get the feel of it it isn't too bad. I personally chose to just crate a new character on my SE server because I didn't want to risk losing everything I have worked almost 2 years for over a glitch (Yes I know it's rare but I got hit by the tribe glitch TWICE so I take no chances with tribal stuff) just level your character up a bit, then bring over an animal or two. You can also create things like foundations and such and send it to SE for yourself HOWEVER keep in mind that stone houses if small enough turn into an oven (like 121 degrees inside!) So you would have to make it fairly large. Dont do any taming till you're over that "die every 5 mins" hump so that you dont run the risk of losing stuff. you have to stick around water and I crafted foundations to level up, it was a tedious few days of play but after I got set up it wasn't bad. Also tip, mushrooms are better for food on SE since they don't spoil, but they also don't heal you.

58 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

As a fellow lone player I know what you mean. To be honest once you get the feel of it it isn't too bad. I personally chose to just crate a new character on my SE server because I didn't want to risk losing everything I have worked almost 2 years for over a glitch (Yes I know it's rare but I got hit by the tribe glitch TWICE so I take no chances with tribal stuff) just level your character up a bit, then bring over an animal or two. You can also create things like foundations and such and send it to SE for yourself HOWEVER keep in mind that stone houses if small enough turn into an oven (like 121 degrees inside!) So you would have to make it fairly large. Dont do any taming till you're over that "die every 5 mins" hump so that you dont run the risk of losing stuff. you have to stick around water and I crafted foundations to level up, it was a tedious few days of play but after I got set up it wasn't bad. Also tip, mushrooms are better for food on SE since they don't spoil, but they also don't heal you.

These seems like PvE tips

Archived