Community Crunch 262: Classic PvP Cluster Merge and more!
The entire development team is excited and anxious to share Genesis II with you. Over the weekend, Jeremy Stieglitz (co-founder) shared some things he's been passionately working on for Genesis II, along with a teaser of ARK: The Animated Series.
Eggcellent Adventure is still live on all platforms. Time is running out to reap some eggcellent rewards. The event ends on April 14th! Check out this post for more details on the event.
Classic PvP Cluster Merge
On March 9th, Snail Games added a separate cluster from the existing Classic PvP servers which allowed newer players an opportunity to catch up to the progression that's been made in the current season before merging with the existing cluster. Now that the new Classic PvP recruits are up and running, the merge of Cluster A and Cluster B is not far behind.
Classic PvP is meant to offer an alternative PvP playstyle, and because so, it will undergo changes and seasonal wipes as the mode matures and more feedback is considered. The idea of what Classic PvP looks like and how it plays will continue to evolve as the game mode matures. This season Aberration, Extinction, Genesis I, and Crystal Isles will be added to the list of maps when the merged cluster launches in the first week of May. As we get closer to the merge, we’ll keep you updated with information on the exact launch date and time.
When the servers merge, the Classic PvP network will operate under the following rules
- Experience gain, taming, gathering will be increased to 250% compared to our standard Official Servers (2.5x)
- Breeding, hatching, and raising will be doubled to 200% compared to our standard Official Servers (2x)
- Tribes are set to 25 players max
- Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
- Servers have a maximum player count of 100
- These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis I, and Crystal Isles
- Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
- Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
- No TEK Engrams
- No cave building
- Cryopods enabled
- Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
- Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
- Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
- Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone
Titans will not be transferrable
There will be no EVO event while Eggcellent Adventure is live.
XBOX Spring Sale
Spring into massive saving with ARK up to 80% off as part of the XBOX Spring Sale!
Playstation Spring Sale
Spring into massive saving with ARK up to 80% off as part of the Playstation Spring Sale!
NeddyTheNoodle covers Helena Walker's Creature Notes across the various maps in this recent video.
Cantex is well-known for putting on epic ARK battles on Youtube. If you haven't seen this fantasy showdown, it's definitely worth checking out!
Having trouble trapping Managarmr? Check out this simple trap by Mgen
@kawarayane - Yuki Owl
HallOfFlameSs#3779 / @HallOfFlameSs1
soup - Raptor Drawing
@sis_6193 - ARK x Apex
lordkomodo - ARK Survival Evolved Concept
Sandburr - Ice Wyvern WIP
See you next week survivors!