Community Crunch 372: Community Creature Winner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Jakethatsme said:

I am starting to believe  that it's all a damn lie . I'm about to just say screw it and buy conan . At least their developers communicate with their community. The Chinese really has them by their balls, don't they? Welcome back to 2015 allover again 

I don't think anymore what will happen in ASA, maybe it's a big misunderstanding, but honestly if I were to buy ASA WC/SG, they don't give me any positive reasons to do so.  Currently, they only make a mockery of themselves, but that's the truth, so far there has never been anything at the announced time, always something.

As for Conan, I only played maybe 2 hours so good.  It was supposed to be some alternative world to ARK but it's a complete misunderstanding what they did with it, serwers are as empty as ARK.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

leave it to the ark community to continue to add flyers, even on a map about cave creatures. a perfect opportunity for a cute spider but nope another bird creature. last win was another winged creature and now another. the center will be the same. i hate the ark community. all they vote for is flyers and bird like creatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, BlakeEIves said:

because no other aberrant creatures having one was probably overlooked.

Aberrant equus are a thing. If memory serves they have a smithy saddle

Edit: disregard, just looked it up and their saddle works like a mortar and pestle 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

2 hours ago, schnuggelmaus39 said:

through fake elections and fraud.  nobody wanted the rock drake-velona-sinomacrops.

Nobody has cared about your spider that is essentially gonna be eaten by the Megalosaurus easily. I convinced my 200 friends to vote for Yi Qi first, spider for the last and they changed their vote before posting for me.

Edited by Akarulez
  • Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, Sparky16 said:

Wait, did a flyer win the abb vote?

No, they specifically said

“A mysterious new creature will soon be discovered in the depths of Aberration on ARK: Survival Ascended. It is rumored to be spooky and flightless, much like many of the denizens of the area.”

It’ll probably be like the rock drake where it can climb and glide but not fly. I’m hoping for an earlier game alternative that’s smaller and more agile than a drake but not as tough, maybe a good option for grabbing drake eggs

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlakeEIves said:

I have noticed that some creature submissions have great proposed ability ideas, but few read far enough to see them. I am thinking a very brief summery of the abilities before anything else would be beneficial. Such as for this Chimerarachne Yingi having a smithy saddle because no other aberrant creatures having one was probably overlooked. Since few bother to read the whole submission. So being able to craft high level blueprints on aberration is impossible without a smithy saddle. I am suspecting that people seeing the summary first, before the flavor text would help these more creative, and nuanced creatures to be noticed for their strengths along with their appearance.

Short rant... This creature gave the possibility for adding in a "primative" incubator, since we are going to have to wait forever for gen 2 to be released to get the regular incubator. There was an opening for the spider milk mechanic to work on wyverns, and rockdrake, thus making this chimera appealing to all the players that wanted the bison. That is, if the devs took the hint. Plus the net gun feature, or we have to wait for gen 2 for the engram again. Then the fact that you can haul stuff with on demand, inexpensive zip-lines, or wall crawling. I am thinking nobody put all that together in their heads to see how useful that is. Hell, nobody realizes that the Sauropod this vote would have been the only stone gatherer that can HARVEST ITS OWN FOOD TO FEED ITSELF. The only one! That sauropod is basically a primitive stryder with a built in saddle forge. READ PEOPLE!... Rant over.

I never read the abilities anymore cuz many times wildcard has just ignored things which are put in (fair enough to them) and I don’t want to get hyped based on abilities that might not make it into the game.

I always vote based on whether the creature looks cool or fun to play with

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, RebelKevin94 said:

Why does yi qi look like the rock drake in you all’s release of it, that’s great we really needed a twin to the already rock drake on aberration, if you devs are smart and have any type of brain, you would add Maevia eureka to the game like you did with the carcharadontasaurus, that jumping spider had been so many top 10’s and this was closest one yet but if y’all aren’t adding it in keep me updated because I just won’t buy the game until it is, because these creature votes seem very off, how does the one of the most wanted creatures, most peoples number 1 Maevia eureka not make in? At this point I’m questioning who you all have checking these votes and counting them, everyone else that feels the same way boycott Ark until we get Maevia Eureka, don’t buy ark ascended, that’s the way you get them to listen, you have to stop the cash flow for companies to listen, best regards to you wild card, drop the ball for me.

Winning is good, but is important to know how to lose too, please be a good sport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, miu1103 said:

Of course there will be official implementation of new engrams and organisms on ASE paid maps such as Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis, etc. in ASA, right? If not, then it would be meaningful to add all or at least 5 organisms that were selected until the final election.
I mean, it seems that Net Projectile is required for the taming method of the selected creatures, but Net Projectile is an engram from Genesis 2, isn't it? You are not joking that aberration alone is not enough for taming, are you?

Net guns are an easy substitude for building traps in a strategic place. Netguns are only required for people that do not understand the game or are just plain lazy.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dragons54321 said:

This is some bull crap!! The spider was in the lead the entire time until the end. Anyone smell more corruption here? Cuz I certainly do 

If one of the commenters here is to be believed, they intentionally rigged the vote by having 200 people change theirs before submitting

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MMaas said:

ネットガンは、戦略的な場所に罠を設置するための簡単な代替品です。Netgun は、ゲームを理解していない人、または単に怠けている人にのみ必要です。

Yes, Net Projectile is a new item, and it was originally a trap and terrain item... If Net Projectile is really necessary for taming, I would like to see a change in the taming method or an adjustment in the official engrams, etc... ...