Community Crunch 367: ARK 2 Fishing Concept, Creature Vote Winner, and More!

StudioWildcard

8 hours ago, Lucifer15 said:

you all have bad tast dreadnoutuse for life it was a good idea and im saying its riged as it would be a pain to right the code for and the new raptor is just a reskined s+ nanny and whats that asa console will have mod support so that creachers useless now wow you dont say

Not everyone “counts” mods, I know I don’t. I view it as a cheat code, so I’m very happy to have another Maewing like creature.

21 minutes ago, XEN0F0X said:

So instead of a murder otter, camo-carno or cheetah we got... a chicken, that helps breeders. How creative, not like thats been done for so many other creatures, maewing, procoptodon, dimetrodon, etc.

Gigantoraptor is a stronger animal than a Dire Otter which is utterly useless based on its suggested abilities.

If anyone is disapointed with the winner. Please keep in mind this creature gives us the opportunity to have mod features built into the game. I get it "just go download the mod" but honestly, why? Why do that if some of those things are already available. Anyway, yay extra fish does this mean more ocean variety overall? 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Larkfields said:

It seems that ASA is diverging from ASE with every announcement.
Why not simply merge ASA and Ark 2 into a single game - I'll bet you're sharing assets between the two already.

They didn't announce anything here about ASA... the fishing change is for Ark 2.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lucifer15 said:

you all have bad tast dreadnoutuse for life it was a good idea and im saying its riged as it would be a pain to right the code for and the new raptor is just a reskined s+ nanny and whats that asa console will have mod support so that creachers useless now wow you dont say

English much? A little punctuation would make what you are trying to say MUCH more clear. As of right now it looks like you just threw a bunch of words on the screen

“We have an update to the ASA roadmap coming next week”= ASA IS DELEAYED UNTIL DECEMBER.  That’s my prediction.  After the last couple of months that is equivalent to a head on train crash on a busy airport runway with the space shuttle blowing up over top and WC/SG pulling a 90s Saturday night live Stewart special “ look what I can do”, it’s a wonder that there are enough of us still here to leave 3 pages worth of comments.  This is just crazy.  Wildcard, you guys really don’t care about your own product, players or even yourselves as a company.  It’s absolutely astounding and so blatantly obvious to everyone, and those who can’t see it either truly are blind or don’t want to see it.  What gives guys?  Seriously!

Congrats to the mega raptor for winning, I didn’t vote so I can’t complain or celebrate.  Anything that helps with the breeding rates on official is a winner in my book.  I hope that maewings and incubators are introduced to the island map upon ASA launch, that’s probably just a pipe dream.  Man I am really hoping that you guys don’t do something stupid that destroys ASA.  Unfortunately I don’t have very high hopes of that.  I could be wrong and I hope that I am, but by the sounds of that CC and your track record I suspect nothing short of at least a delay of 3 months.  Which is not at all surprising really.

Being that we have seen little to nothing of ACTUAL game assets, and even some of those have been questionable in regards to accuracy.  No gameplay, no screenshots, no real information on supposed changes and upgrades of QOL.  If they have changed as much as they said they have, then why isn’t there the typical hype being this close to the alleged release of ASA and the shutdown of the official servers.  Because of all this a lot of YouTubers have been calling out that it’s gonna be delayed, and I agree with them whole heartedly, and we should NOT even act the slightest of surprised on next weeks crunch.  I really hope that WC comes to their senses and does the right thing and actually listens to what the community is saying to them, but I seriously have my doubts.

• Like 3

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Haumea said:

They did. Gigantoraptor is for Ark Survival Ascended if I'm not mistaken.

Of course all the new dinos will be there. They didn't comment on any new/changes made in ASA. Just mentioned the roadmap (delay).

Edited by Joebl0w13

I see a lot of people assuming it'll be added as a baby imprinter, and I gotta say; y'all know we're voting for the /dinosaur/ right? Not its abilities? See the monkey and faso for examples. Wildcard chooses what abilities they have, not us. We can suggest ideas but at the end of the day they pick what it does.

Just because its a proposed imprinter doesnt mean it will be. I would very much like it be one, but Im not going to assume it out of the gate.

I hope that when people vote they do keep this attitude in mind. Tbh I wasnt rooting for the raptor but figured it would win based on its dossier alone, which worries me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lucifer15 said:

No, the vote wasn't rigged lmao. This seems to be quite a popular notion amongst those that don't get their way, but what actual proof do you have?

20 hours ago, Lucifer15 said:

What? Spell check lad... Use it.