ASA Maps Size

Juddt23

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, CatInFire said:

They also said it would be free and since its not i`d say that is lying.

Have you ever said something and then later down the line things change for whatever reason and that changes the outcome of what you had previously said? If so (which pretty much everyone will have experienced that) do people point fingers at you and call you a liar?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GP said:

Have you ever said something and then later down the line things change for whatever reason and that changes the outcome of what you had previously said? If so (which pretty much everyone will have experienced that) do people point fingers at you and call you a liar?

If i said, i have apologized for it. So far none of us seen any kind of apology from them. Not like we asking much. You cant deny their behavior were and still disrespectful to people that support them, especially once who been here since EA. 

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, CatInFire said:

If i said, i have apologized for it. So far none of us seen any kind of apology from them. Not like we asking much. You cant deny their behavior were and still disrespectful to people that support them, especially once who been here since EA. 

I'm not denying the whole thing was bad and could/should have been handled much better, but still doesn't mean they lied about anything.

At the end of the day an apology would just fix hurt feelings. At least they explained why it is no longer free, not like it was complete radio silence.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brexit2023 said:

So are the bugs being imported too because thats what made me quit three years ago, I only came back the other day to see if it had improved and found out about ASA

Truthfully - nobody knows, and its a game of wait and see ........ My money is on yes, it seems very likely that the core game along with all its warts will carry over. Worse - there will likely be a whole lot of new bugs because the game will be using a new engine and that engine has not been "thrashed" with whatever version of Ark code goes out there. (There is no beta test release mentioned at this moment).

But sure - its a guess - and nobody (probably including Wildcard ;) ) can know right now.

12 hours ago, OverRannus said:

Remaster: To change sound quality, lighting or pixels. No Synonyms.

So it wasn't your "last comment on this topic post", good to know you were just stomping your little foot and having a mini-tantrum.

12 hours ago, OverRannus said:

ASA isn't a lie nor a scam. [snip] That is that.

If you want to pay them $60.00 for $10-$15 worth of work that's your business, but your willingness to participate in a scam doesn't make it less of a scam.

"There's a sucker born every minute" - attribution undercertain

"A fool and his money are soon parted" - proverb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brexit2023 said:

So are the bugs being imported too because thats what made me quit three years ago, I only came back the other day to see if it had improved and found out about ASA

Let's be clear here, can I 100% guarantee that all of the old bugs will be imported into UE5? Well no, obviously not, it's always possible that something or few things might get fixed simply by running the game under UE5. But, there will also be new bugs that are caused by importing a UE4 game into UE5, that's just normal.

So if there was one or two specific bugs that caused you to quit the game well... maybe those 1 or 2 specific bug will be fixed (highly unlikely, but possible). But if the thing that made you quit was "too many bugs" or at least "too many important bugs", that's not going to be fixed. The game will be just as buggy under UE5 as it was under UE4.

4 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

So it wasn't your "last comment on this topic post", good to know you were just stomping your little foot and having a mini-tantrum.

If you want to pay them $60.00 for $10-$15 worth of work that's your business, but your willingness to participate in a scam doesn't make it less of a scam.

"There's a sucker born every minute" - attribution undercertain

"A fool and his money are soon parted" - proverb

It was supposed to be, but something wasn't right about how everyone using the words remake and remaster, and I felt I had to check into it and make any correction.

Also you are taking the Proverb bottom half, "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up." Proverbs 21:20 KJV. Also this means not to waste money on meaning less thing especially thing taking your eyes off God like video games, ungodly (most movies) movies, anything unnecessary or keeps our eyes off God. This mean you, me and everyone on this forum has been at one point or another "the foolish man". Your use of this phrase reminds me of another verse from the Bible "There are None Righteous, No Not One:" Romans 3:10 KJV. Both of these Verses hit hard in my heart as I'm a Christian and shows there is still more for me to work on as a follower of Christ.

Edited by OverRannus

35 minutes ago, OverRannus said:

It was supposed to be, but something wasn't right about how everyone using the words remake and remaster, and I felt I had to check into it and make any correction. This is my final one now.

If you say you're not going to post again it doesn't matter what your reason is, you're still going back on your word and making it obvious that you weren't being honest the first time, the truth was you were just having a tantrum. If you want to post, then post. If you want to disagree, then disagree. If you want to argue, then argue. That's what forums are for. But announcing that you're taking your toys and going home is both meaningless and foolish.

The takeaways here is that it's never a smart move to say you're done posting, it just makes you look foolish when you post again.

This is my final one now.

Mmmhmm.

Also you are taking the Proverb bottom half, "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up." Proverbs 21:20 KJV

Congratulations on knowing how google works.  /slow clap

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Congratulations on knowing how google works.  /slow clap

Please reread it my previous topic, I know that I just said that was my last topic, but I don't know if you see when I edit a comment. And I just edited it so please reread it. This hopefully be my last topic on here, but it might not. I hope it is and I say unto you if it is read John 3:16 and find a find something that can fully explain it.

1 hour ago, OverRannus said:

Also you are taking the Proverb bottom half, "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up." Proverbs 21:20 KJV. Also this means not to waste money on meaning less thing especially thing taking your eyes off God like video games, ungodly (most movies) movies, anything unnecessary or keeps our eyes off God. This mean you, me and everyone on this forum has been at one point or another "the foolish man". Your use of this phrase reminds me of another verse from the Bible "There are None Righteous, No Not One:" Romans 3:10 KJV. Both of these Verses hit hard in my heart as I'm a Christian and shows there is still more for me to work on as a follower of Christ.

You're arguing about something that has nothing to do with my post.

if you want to have a theological debate with yourself about the meaning of a passage in Proverbs then more power to you, but I didn't quote "Proverbs", with a capital "P" which is a book in the bible. I quoted a "proverb" with a small "p" which has been in common usage for a long, long time. If you take a moment to reflect it should dawn on you that "Proverbs" and "a proverb" are two very different things.

Feel free to argue about Proverbs all you want with your friend Mr. Straw Man, but it has nothing to do with me or anything I've posted.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:29 AM, OverRannus said:

My opinion about the topic is that they probably did but only slightly for story maps. And possibly could be double the size for official community created maps. But there is no evidence to this, so we just don't know.

What motivations or information lead you to think so?

And how do you infer that the story maps could be "slightly bigger" and the DLC maps "twice as big"?

((You are so specific, did you read anything we all miss?))

On 5/14/2023 at 11:23 AM, Brexit2023 said:

The 'bugs' are in the program code so, if they are in ASE they will be in ASA, because it did not change between 4 and 5.

"both Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) use the same programming language, which is C++. C++ is a high-performance, object-oriented programming language that allows developers to create complex and efficient applications, including video games. It's the primary programming language used in the development of both UE4 and UE5, and developers can use it to write game logic, create game mechanics, and build game systems within the engine. Additionally, both UE4 and UE5 also support visual scripting through Blueprint, which allows developers to create gameplay and functionality without writing any code."

one thing that is be seen is how mesh is handled in 5, some of the biggest PITA 's in 4 was mesh 

Edited by Frack
pita

On 5/14/2023 at 8:19 PM, Pipinghot said:

Let's be clear here, can I 100% guarantee that all of the old bugs will be imported into UE5? Well no, obviously not, it's always possible that something or few things might get fixed simply by running the game under UE5. But, there will also be new bugs that are caused by importing a UE4 game into UE5, that's just normal.

So if there was one or two specific bugs that caused you to quit the game well... maybe those 1 or 2 specific bug will be fixed (highly unlikely, but possible). But if the thing that made you quit was "too many bugs" or at least "too many important bugs", that's not going to be fixed. The game will be just as buggy under UE5 as it was under UE4.

Thx for the info.

On 5/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, DirkInSA said:

Truthfully - nobody knows, and its a game of wait and see ........ My money is on yes, it seems very likely that the core game along with all its warts will carry over. Worse - there will likely be a whole lot of new bugs because the game will be using a new engine and that engine has not been "thrashed" with whatever version of Ark code goes out there. (There is no beta test release mentioned at this moment).

But sure - its a guess - and nobody (probably including Wildcard ;) ) can know right now.

Thx

Well, I definitely lost some brain cells reading through all of these posts. Jesus.

Here's the full-list of supposed features to come with or in-time with ASA:

- Unreal Engine 5, Lumen, RTXDI and Nvidia DLSS
- Cleaned-up code base, making use of new technology for an evergreen ARK experience
- Dynamic water and interactive foilage
- UE5 performance gains: instance-rendering (large bases), threaded networking and native physics
- Cross-platform multiplayer and modding
- Character creation and customization improvements
- Directional sprinting and walking
- New third-person camera (with the option to opt out)
- Dynamic navigation mesh and creature pathfinding overhaul (AI pathfinding)
- Snap point improvements (new snaps, logic improvements)
- Increased foundation support, foundation height adjustments and more
- Updated mini-map (pan, zoom, pings, etc – similar to the SOTF mini-map)
- Dino and baby management quality of life improvements
- Adding wild babies to the environments
- New structures such as display cases and smaller tek teleporters
- Queueing system, ping system, photo mode, gamepad cursor, chibi slot and skins tab
- Balance passes (e.g. cave entrances, MEKs, Aberration creatures, more breedable creatures

Do I think half of these features will make it into the game in the next year? Probably not. But even the other half on its own is significant. Whoever said ASA will bring less than 5% of content a new DLC would or something ridiculous to that extent, I suggest you read the above. Whether they will follow through on any of this stuff is another story but at face value for argument sake, there ya go. There's also supposedly a canon ASA DLC in Q4 of this year lol.

At this point I just want to see gameplay and know these things are real and that this isn't going to be delayed into 2024 as it would be super poopty to delay Ark 2 (after countless past delays) to another short-sighted release date 🤔

Honestly though, I want to see ASA succeed. I want it to be a large graphical upgrade and I want it to have enough new features and changes to keep the game alive for another 5 years. I can vaguely see in my mind the way ASA could look if it had most of the features above and I do think it's what the game needs currently to return to life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thalana said:

Well, I definitely lost some brain cells reading through all of these posts. Jesus.

Here's the full-list of supposed features to come with or in-time with ASA:

Do I think half of these features will make it into the game in the next year? Probably not. But even the other half on its own is significant. Whoever said ASA will bring less than 5% of content a new DLC would or something ridiculous to that extent, I suggest you read the above. Whether they will follow through on any of this stuff is another story but at face value for argument sake, there ya go. There's also supposedly a canon ASA DLC in Q4 of this year lol.

At this point I just want to see gameplay and know these things are real and that this isn't going to be delayed into 2024 as it would be super poopty to delay Ark 2 (after countless past delays) to another short-sighted release date 🤔

Honestly though, I want to see ASA succeed. I want it to be a large graphical upgrade and I want it to have enough new features and changes to keep the game alive for another 5 years. I can vaguely see in my mind the way ASA could look if it had most of the features above and I do think it's what the game needs currently to return to life.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 are in UE5 itself

13,14,15,16,17 are WC responsibility

• Like 1