Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Utlagi said:

I would think that a new dls with no repsawn would likely fail to sell. I doubt there are that many people playing hardcore. wonder if they are trying some sort of battle royal hybrid?

 

I mean, there's always the possibility the respawn mechanic could get reintroduced to the story, just with a different explanation this time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno about your thoughts on how well it swims, that's gonna be a 'let's see' for me, but as for water, there's plenty of water we can see at the bottom of the trench, which by my guess, is pretty big

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I mean, there's always the possibility the respawn mechanic could get reintroduced to the story, just with a different explanation this time.

I got a simple one. The island Ark that landed is the original ark we started on assuming we played it in order right?

How many of us have cloning chambers and teleporters at our home base? Problem solved :P (those are still standing as the ark's come to rest on the surface) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

what if its not a new map (since they just released one) but a new dungeon mechanic (like the one in ark mobile) where we have to kill and finally shutdown Rockwell and the Ab systems before the earth can be fully healed. I always felt a newly restored earth would come as a new game Ark 2.0 since everything would be changed as in no Homo Dei, no element. no implants ect

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Leebum said:

My Theory:  This could be a communication to other Home Deus or physical humans who survived off world maybe. I know it is similar to the idea of living on a station but I wonder. The end of Ark could be a complete return of Humans who survived.

Since the only surviving humans are the Homo deus it would be more... FAR more likely to be thme as opposed to Physical Humans since the overseer chamber clearly states humans are extinct.

 

Technically humans aren't extinct. They're living on the Arks. The survivors on the stations aren't homo deus, but cloned versions of regular humans. The Arks returning to Earth at the end was basically humanity returning to Earth

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

At 2:53 that recharging station is basically 100% proof now that Aberration impacted the planet.

Honestly I would love it if - in whatever new content this timer is meant to reference - they added a cutscene where you actually got to SEE Aberration impact the planet. If they did that I would honestly call it the best cutscene in the game's history.

If the Arks descended down directly from where they were orbiting, then the Aberration ark would be close to where the Island Ark was at. If you remember, when you entered the Island's Overseer arena and looked out through the glass, you could clearly see Aberration floating close to the Island Ark. And in the Extinction cut-scene the Island Ark touched down close to where the survivor was after beating the King Titan.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Don't know if anyone here's seen this yet, but just watch this and you'll find this whole thing goes FAR beyond the timer itself.

 

Link to this mysterious forum user's profile: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/1204632-ê€2š¥ëìy/

Link to this mysterious user's "COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD" forum that's stirring everyone up:

New mysterious default forum profile pic : Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

Notice how the new profile pic, if you look closely, is of some sort of notch that's shaped like the Homo Deus crystal. If someone could brighten it to make it more clear, that'd be nice. Actually, if you think you could decipher all those weird codes, that'd be nice, too :)

Also, JasonTheCTM , you did misspell that one part of the new timer codes, the "yscheck" is actually "syscheck", short for "System check".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also since we're here and this is a Theory megathread... I think I know why there's no water. I had an epiphany while watching that video from Anthomnia. Where he saw that scar/canyon and there was visible water in it? What if...
that's the Mariana Trench, the deepest point in the ocean in the modern day, now the last source of free water? 

Anyways, slightly off topic, bringing it back. What if the reason there's no water is because of the Element? I think, element needs water. Bear with me here, in Aberration we see water go over a waterfall and turn into pools of element. It's healthy and pure at the top, it's not at the bottom. We know from Rockwell's obsession that this is pure element in it's purest form, if Element possesses some form of sentience like what Extinction hints at, and it's pure form is the result of water mixing with element solids (say, the exposed root-like structures that show in Aberration and Extinction) it might be consuming the water for replication or growth. It would also explain why the most element infested region of Extinction, is a glacier.  That stuff is trying to replicate/grow and it needs the water to do it.

As a planet the same amount of water has always existed and always will, Earth is a closed system. If all the ARK's and all their water come back, the system is again closed, and element eradication has begun. We know if we chemically divide a compound into it's base elements we'll get back what it's made out of. If the Element eradication process occurs and this theory is true, the more element that gets removed, the more water will return to the planet.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Utlagi said:

I would think that a new dls with no repsawn would likely fail to sell. I doubt there are that many people playing hardcore. wonder if they are trying some sort of battle royal hybrid?

 

Unless, of course, this doesn't take place AFTER events of Extinction. It could take place counter to it. So at the end if the game, we could see the Arks returning to Earth, signifying that elsewhere, someone had just beaten the King Titan.

It could be one of those things where we find out that while one thing was happening in one place (The survivor fighting the king Titan) another related series of events (this new map) was happening elsewhere.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

 

Don't know if anyone here's seen this yet, but just watch this and you'll find this whole thing goes FAR beyond the timer itself.

 

Link to this mysterious forum user's profile: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/1204632-ê€2š¥ëìy/

Link to this mysterious user's "COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD" forum that's stirring everyone up:

New mysterious default forum profile pic : Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

Notice how the new profile pic, if you look closely, is of some sort of notch that's shaped like the Homo Deus crystal. If someone could brighten it to make it more clear, that'd be nice. Actually, if you think you could decipher all those weird codes, that'd be nice, too :)

Also, JasonTheCTM , you did misspell that one part of the new timer codes, the "yscheck" is actually "syscheck", short for "System check".

I knew something was wrong but it kept giving me YScheck, I wasn't getting an S to start

Link to post
Share on other sites

somebody dug around in the code and found it was named "genesis countdown," I think. speaking of, I was messing around with the banner, and it gave me a bunch of compiled code. I think I might run it through a decompiler to see if its anything of interest.

edit: it looks exactly like the jibberish the mystery user has been posting on the communications test record.

 

Edited by Silverflower1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TravisMichael said:

If the Arks descended down directly from where they were orbiting, then the Aberration ark would be close to where the Island Ark was at. If you remember, when you entered the Island's Overseer arena and looked out through the glass, you could clearly see Aberration floating close to the Island Ark. And in the Extinction cut-scene the Island Ark touched down close to where the survivor was after beating the King Titan.

The one issue with this is there are multiple “the island” arks. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

Technically humans aren't extinct. They're living on the Arks. The survivors on the stations aren't homo deus, but cloned versions of regular humans. The Arks returning to Earth at the end was basically humanity returning to Earth

I was quoting what the console in the Overseer chamber stated. Homo Deus are endangered 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I just checked that, and there is a second update.

 

For those of you who didn't read the update of that post yet, this is the update:

"-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256 [LOG_TRANSMIT] OK. [LOG_TRANSMIT] Your cognitive profile seems limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor. [LOG_TRANSMIT] Maybe that's good... better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not. [LOG_TRANSMIT] We'll need to do some tests, so I'm working on a few changes to your programming. [LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll contact you when it's ready. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v2 iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdQSOPAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/sHEP+wfK/4tnKd0y57WuuJlOEcD2 u/xjjxgXu6/yi6RB/rZgUTJeS2dfA1zdy740lLGIMD8kW+tovbae/mz9OicDUPu1 4axUDl0rBzV8fpvOdBMQiMqVGdVPQiVr/RkslSPq15PR9ujXJBLj4C1ybLsCJWKl c8+JmHlNrB4SDWwrfJkLAlznMhgGrYq+/WFd5a1K41Wd6ETz9VjUdAu5mJjPcHrf kCfkm/KRAE2iOlR4qfL4s6NU2ADZmG8Qu/qWcNZX0eu7iObgBfeQ564hf3fQAmkT pcONB5Rz+AbH0Rg81hVtd0A1tDyf12vVCoXC/WWneh3mz/+5OIZn9Kx+aygJn3vD 7c7P5A0/ADWfe1uRV0Fe/YOIQV/1j019hcRAiSVuUmVBtwbxzSh1KZevUR/So4hK 0CHJF70zU/XFw7XjWn+ARWJ3IlsXbsfnGtYKUc9/80BUcpEYLgQnz81BPqi1aZc3 bb8F9C8HcHCKbkSFaMDJ370vHnin0b66SotihVpv24xqn/nIRnMV1LOthwUPfpSx VP+QnIRlUZMZVMkS0zp/EjZr61mMpl1yAI1qSYDJY3kFkeHYODYWmKXUtdwSgiXZ y7kibNUp1SJ8djerzg9Fov5DmGuCJzQj1VEWufzDd9iqKiDFph5LNyX+F7GHNnkG 3o+xvpwXQZDAsiJ1upFy =k1Ih -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

Another theory I've seen being tossed around on the net is that this doesn't take place after Extinction, but BEFORE the Arks themselves were launched.

The term decoded is "Genesis" which means "Beginnings" so what if the map we get is like the 'first ark' or a prototype ark. Or perhaps the facility where the Arks were constructed. We could get answers on how it all started!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...