Suggestion

TLC pass 3 would be an amazing thing for the game right now. Many of water creatures have been neglected and they don’t have special abilities. Also many land dinosaurs like the carno have almost no purpose to tame. It would be better if TLC 3 could help some of these creatures get their usefulness back!

Edited by blazybolt
  • Like 1

66 replies to this server topic

I think a simple TLC for moschops and dodec would be consistency. With a Dodec the only Obsidian nodes in the entire game where you actually get obsidian from using a dodec is the ones on the Island Volcano, which is ridiculous. As far as the moschops is concerned although it is supposed to harvest sap from Joshua Trees it only does so on the Scorched Earth Map even though there are plenty of joshua trees on Ragnorak and Extinction (it would also be extremely useful if moschops could be efficient gatherers of red and blue sap on Extinction).

On 4/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, BlueberryJackal said:

The Carno is good for killing alpha raptors. 

The female megaloceros is good for traveling

Same for the Diplodocus. And it can also knock back creatures, which can be helpful in some situations.

Baryonyx, Thylacoleo, and Argentavis all make for better early-game alpha killers

Gallimimus, Equus, Iguanodon, and Pteranodon bring more to the table than a female Megaloceros

The Diplo is a good travel mount, but easily falls prey to predators like Allosaurs and Managarmr, who have no issue keeping up with it. 

Yeah, they can be useful, but these creatures don't have enough behind them to justify their use outside of personal preference. 

17 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Baryonyx, Thylacoleo, and Argentavis all make for better early-game alpha killers

Gallimimus, Equus, Iguanodon, and Pteranodon bring more to the table than a female Megaloceros

The Diplo is a good travel mount, but easily falls prey to predators like Allosaurs and Managarmr, who have no issue keeping up with it. 

Yeah, they can be useful, but these creatures don't have enough behind them to justify their use outside of personal preference. 

Yes, Barys, Thylas and Argys are also good at killing alphas, but you get the saddles later than the carno saddle. And I would rather stick to the carno than to a thyla, whose saddle is only 5 levels higher and is a little bit demanding to tame. And i think its not really worth the time and resources, unless I really need a Thyla.

Equus, Iguanodons and Ptera may be better, because they can attack, but Equus and Iguanodons are slower unless you pump up their speed. Galli is faster, but you can also tame it very late, because you would kill it with arrows. And the Ptera also might be faster, but it has to stop every 20 seconds and regenerate stam.

The Diplo can be easy prey, because of its size and the lack of attacking, and i have to agree with you at that point, because i havent thought of that, but bringing up the Mana, which is one of the most unbalanced creatures in the game, is not a very good argument. It can be the answer to everything. Why should you tame a Rex, if you can tame a Mana? Why should you tame Wyverns, when you can have a Mana? And thats the thing. The Mana is the weakest argument you can bring up in a conversation, because it is definition of unbalanced.

20 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Equus and Iguanodons are slower unless you pump up their speed

They also have much better stamina, especially the Iguanodon. Get some imprint and their utility will far exceed that of a male or female Megaloceros. Not to mention the female is in desperate need of model changing. Yeah the Ptera has to stop, but flight has always been undeniably faster than grounded travel. 

And I would rather stick to the carno than to a thyla, whose saddle is only 5 levels higher and is a little bit demanding to tame.

It's a normal KO tame? Carno has nothing going for it right now. It's attacked by small and large predators, is slower than the T-rex and Raptor, and is outclassed by almost any other tame at the same level. They're good pack/fodder dinos, but that's about it. 

but bringing up the Mana, which is one of the most unbalanced creatures in the game, is not a very good argument.

Ok, so what about the Allo? Or Gigas? Really any creature with some kind of slowing effect spells doom for a Diplo. Forbid that they ever give it a stun or escape mechanic of any kind. 

I get it, you like your creatures, but objectively they are just bad. I could use that Mana arguement on any of these. Why tame a Carno when an Argy is going to do everything three times as well as it? Why tame a Diplo when a Basilisk, Quetz, or Rex can do it's job and more? 

Yeah, they might require a higher level, but leveling in this game is a joke. A Trike probably kills Alpha Raptors better than Carnos thanks to their knock back. 

All these creatures need some kind of upgrade. Visually or gameplay-wise. 

On 5/11/2019 at 12:00 AM, Spinosail said:

still makes shocking darts required for tames like Gigas

This made me giggle a great deal, Mr. Spinosail...

But jokes aside, that is a pretty solid list.  I worry about the scorpion TLC idea for a torpor increase.  I feel like an increase to 4x, maybe 5x at max, would be a bit closer.  If I recall it is all on torpor-over-time and increases rather slowly, so maybe capping it at 4x but giving it an initial burst?  The Equus buck kick is 3.5x damage as torpor, and breeding makes it extremely good at knocking things out.  Especially when you throw a high armor saddle on an imprinted one, you can KO stuff like crazy because you can kick so fast without having to worry about the damage you are taking.  At 850% and full imprint (very attainable), you deal over 400 torpor per kick.  I dunno, it has a great function, the Equus, but the higher base damage of the Scorpion (15 VS 11) would really outclass the Equus at 6x.  But maybe it should?  That's its thing, after all...  Poisons. 

I really like some of the ideas though.  Like the Quetz flightspeed based on altitude, Megalodon frenzy, and Carnotaurus suffocating debuff.  Really good stuff.

My List:

Carno: when running he will run faster each second like the direbear and a little damage boost (like a weakend rhino charge)

His headbutt now deals topor damage to players and dinos!

And a roar ability to scare off dinos that are smaller then a allosarus

Megalodon: a ability to grab wild creatures and shake them while Biting to do alot of damage but will drain stamina... (base damage 13 damage per second)

And a ability to jump out of the water to grab land creatures That are slightly smaller then a rex

And can smell creatures that have lost 50% of there health!

And now has 1300 Health At Level 1

And a model change with smoother skin larger teeth and become larger

Bronto: A new attack ability will be it standing up and stepping on you (base damage 429)

Can roar to scare of large carnivores that attack the bronto for 60 Seconds

A model change and new animations!

Mammoth: Longer legs like real mammoths and a new model change

New ability: Water spray and roar: Water spray will activate if you are riding a mammoth to the water its trunk will fill up by the water logo and when using it will do lots of knock back but 2 damage per second...

The roar will be the mammoth standing up and roaring causing a boost (like a yutyrannus but the roar won't scare creatures)

That is my list!

On 9/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

Yes, Barys, Thylas and Argys are also good at killing alphas, but you get the saddles later than the carno saddle. And I would rather stick to the carno than to a thyla, whose saddle is only 5 levels higher and is a little bit demanding to tame. And i think its not really worth the time and resources, unless I really need a Thyla.

Equus, Iguanodons and Ptera may be better, because they can attack, but Equus and Iguanodons are slower unless you pump up their speed. Galli is faster, but you can also tame it very late, because you would kill it with arrows. And the Ptera also might be faster, but it has to stop every 20 seconds and regenerate stam.

The Diplo can be easy prey, because of its size and the lack of attacking, and i have to agree with you at that point, because i havent thought of that, but bringing up the Mana, which is one of the most unbalanced creatures in the game, is not a very good argument. It can be the answer to everything. Why should you tame a Rex, if you can tame a Mana? Why should you tame Wyverns, when you can have a Mana? And thats the thing. The Mana is the weakest argument you can bring up in a conversation, because it is definition of unbalanced.

When was the last time you used a mana? They are almost painful to use these days with their stamina drain, horrible stam recovery, hugely reduced damage and range on the ice breath. They were certainly unbalanced on release but they have been nerfed hugely

TLC ideas!

some of these are from my old post but i updated them!

Sabertooth: "new Look , able to Sneak to do bonus damage and able to move and jump side to side"

Mammoth: Able to shoot water out, new look , platform saddle , and a herd boost" (water dose damage) and give bost against the cold 

Carno: able to turn around like the Sarco, a Charge, Rage increases his damage but drains a ton of stamina and HP has to be Half and new look"

Carbonemys: new look , able to hide in shell , able to flip on his back and spin like a saw blade but its nearly uncontrollable, and a snapping turtle jaw"

Megaloceros, increases size (2xs to be exact ) and new look , male able to kick in the back, gets a outnumbered effect where if there's more creatures that can hurt it i gets stronger, and antlers cause Bleed, Female Increase Carry weight , Able to kick back and causes males to be more aggressive

. Quetzal: "new look, increase stamina the higher you are, adrenaline effect allows it to move much Faster for a lot and all resources from metal ingots to buildings wight is cut by 75%  

".Pteranodon: "new look ,Able to dive like a owl, able to dive in the water to kill fish, and able to Grapple on walls". can give down. if attacked in a group they will attack you and try to pick you up!

Pelagornis: "able to dive underwater for a short period of time, get a boost when fishing , when eating fish you can get Organic polly , oil , chitten , prime fish meat , leech blood and ammonite bile , able to get organic polly by killing dodos but if you kill anything that has natural polly on them you get 3x more. also megalodons ,  ichthys and leeds swim way from them due to them being one of their predators 

Bronto: "new look, Fixed feet, neck stands up tall , able to destroy stone (With Heavy Stomp!)  stomp heavy attack , tail wack , Front Bash and able to Stand on its Feet"

. Stego:"new look ,  Able to hold its atack , new look , Bite , a roar to recruit wild Stegos to your side like the yuty, herd boost, alpha gets a stun effect".

Terror bird: armor piercing 10%, new look, Claw scratch , incerces prime meat gathering, pack boost with call". 

Titanoboa:" Both Venomous and a constrictor, rideable , Breedable , Able to Grapple on Big dinos and sufficat them and bite for torpor, able to get eggs without Agro".

Spider: "Able to climb walls , Uses webs to reinforce Buildings , Faster speed, Jump, A stamina drain bite, able to shoot webs and weakens effected target and new look".

Frog: "auto lock on Bugs and increase damage to all bugs and new look".

Theryzenio: new look, and when attacking it does two hits 

Giga: "Rage can be controlled by trying to claim it down but if it keeps taking damage it will get mad, when it roars is weaken enemies for 1 min with cool down' when done raging it will get a tired effect where Stamina Gets low and torpor rises AND new look"

Diplodocus: "not able to directly but can crack its tail like a wipe, can make even the biggest carnivore run! Decrease Weight on Natural resources and new look".

Patchy: " slight size increases, Causes More torpor, new look, increases Damage resistance, Pack boost , and Can break Doors not gates (note: only low end doors)

Wyvern: "able to aim attack like managarmer"

Megalodon:" new look , able to sense weak enemies Like the wolf and a Heath boost when eating a corps1

Plesio: able to stick its head out of the water, new look , able to turn in a 360 to attack., 

Basilo;  "Fix Taming".

Mosa: "New look, Tail attack for the Back". and able to do a roar that acts like a yuty roar (only the fear part)

Angler: "New look and Able in increases and decreases Light and able to scare off eels and jellyfish way",

Jellyfish: "A timer to stun you and your able to swim away".

Scorpion: new look, buttons for claws and Stinger. and able to produce narcoice's per hour

Moth: Able to Produce Silk and is Able to Change Its Gas From Pharmons , to make everything Go berserk , to A Blinding Gas and Even and A fertilized one where it Helps Crops Grow like a Crop Duster

Monkey: New look , and Has A crafting Skin that can help You when you craft stuff.

Dimetrodon: Acts like A living trough For Babies and Keeps the Area Cool or warm.

Paracer: Able to Back Kick Like A GIANT horse , new look , and Has 25% Armor. And it Can Do a Charge!.

Kapro: New look and Able to Jump High, insead of a lunge.

Anky : New look and Smother animations a GATHER option Like moschops. to gather different resources and it could be a bit more viable for combat!

Dode: New look and smoother animations  a GATHER option like moscops. to gather stuff! and when it rolls you can turn it and it could be like a base game rolerat "but not good for structures

And saddle could be built/look like the rolerat saddle

Piranha: Acts like hyena attacks if your weak  and new look.

Baryonyx: able to uses its claws and has A water boost like Spino 

Perlova: Able to ride and Berrow Underground Like A basilisk But Not as Good and new look

Morellatops: Able to upgrade Water storage. new look and able to carry 3 people.

Thorny Dragon: Able to Bite witch is venomous and better at getting wood.

Chailco: New look, and option to throw poop

Dillo: Able to pet it like a Hyena( the Dog of Ark).

Dung beetle able to pick up poop

, Bigfoot able to hold tools 

, Bats size decrease To ride your shoulder, and can spawn in jungles and swamps 

Diens running way/ Random passive Flee 

Thylo claw swipe,

Enforcer armor. 

Phiomias: drops Prime meat at least 2 , Phiomias would Drop a unique kind of Poop called Phiomia Droppings," when feed to a dung Beetle you get more fertilizer and Netro which is a substitute for Gunpowder" 

Megalania: able to spawn on the surface , can spit a venom like dillo , rabies can infect dinos 

Kentro: able to ride with a specially made saddle, like the thorny dragon , but with the saddle it does less damage when attacked 

Gailli: able to double jump! wight is reduced, new look , and saddle acts like a mix of a smith and a moder and pestle. 

daeodon: able to spawn in mountains and rarely redwoods   ,allow it  can eat veggies as well, better Heal then Owl , Grants a regen buff when tame in healing circle that grants 5xs Natural  HP and Stamina regen 

Ichyornus/seagull: they don't attack if unless you attack it. get able to retrieve items and even resources like wood. and gives fishing boost so you can get loot!

Sacro: Big boost in HP and damage resistance

Duncle: able to get metal , crystal and obsidian from oil rocks!

Iguanodon:" harvest crops for you!, gathers more seeds , rare flowers and mushrooms! able to gather rare flower seeds  , rare mushroom spores, and on AB you can get the spores to grow your shrooms!

Beaver: new look:  "able to build dams and can turn wood into "pulp" witch can be a substitute for Cemting paste" 

Compy: new look , when it bites you/anything it gains a bit of HP. has a bite that lowers stam

Diplocaulus: Size decrease enough for it to ride your shoulder  , same ability with the water

you can get a gain from it that grows back over time "1 hour" that when used emits a smell that make animals ignore you Unless you get way to close! 

or it normal size and it when you ride it in water it can insta Kill  trilobites  and eurypterids and can get a ton of chitin , pearls , black pearls and more!

Allo: new look , Less stomping sounds, able to uses it claws! and able to gather a nice bit of prime meat!. Able to climb harder/sloped surfaces. and a small jump! like raptor! and reduce fall damage due to them living in the mountains. 

Archy: able to ride your shoulder but it you jump from a height like 4 walls high it acts like if you wear holding him!

kiruku: Able to gather fish for you! and allows eggs to stay at a certain time like 75% 50% 25% or even 1% so it can hold it for you (no matter the size) and new look! also lays eggs like DODO's!

Troodon: it makes a loud Clicking sound when hunting you! and it stalks you! Slightly easier to tame. you can drop fertile eggs and they will kill them and give it! and when it bites Dinos they take more damage!

Jerboa: able to alert you to any near by predators (depends on size) 

Hestorois/duck: lays Golden eggs more time depends on size of fish! or number: (it can lay even two) and a hunt ability that allows it to hunt fish! and pirana's fear them!

Manta: able to do a 360 attack and gets a pack boost new look!

Megatherium: same abittly but if he eats Bugs you can get Oil and rarely organic polly (only from bigger bugs) slam Attack thats does a AOE effect

Microraptor: when they see you they screech and they have a stun lock where if you get knock off once it takes 30 secs before they can do it again!

Moschops: Able to gather Fish! new look , and new resources and can get prime meat or fish meat from any animal!

Dimmoth: new look and able to gain a bit of HP when it eats fresh meat!

Pachyrhino: new look!, Attack dose small KO damage! and two ways to emit gas! blast: shoots it forward! and AOE ,  also makes you emin to any gas/chemical effect's!  also able to use new gas and change the types. Pacify: makes dino's that attack you avoid you! Rage: makes dinos have a effect like the ammonite bile and but the dinos won't attack you. just each other or whatever you effected. Allie: much like the yuty roar wear it can alli Wild carnos. this gas can turn a wild dino on your side for around 3 mins. (some dinos are not affected) and Adrenalin: acts like a Weaken Yuty Boost! its gives a small HP heal and Damage resistance boost!

Megalo: New look, able to Move around during the day if they slept enough. able to spawn on the surface. "hunting vision" when its night give a hint of night vision, and dinos are Highlighted with a Red Glow much like a tek helmet (just not as advance can't go through walls) More quiet when moving! and can attack nearly anything if it gets close!

Snail: Able to feed Berries , able to make more Paste and polly. also its able to grow a organic form of "absorbent Subtract and silica"

Tappy: can move on walls like a thylo, and Wight from players is reduced!

Rex: a bloodthirsty effect: happens when you kill a dino it increases damage just a bit but causes it to heal a bit faster and more damage resistance.( goes by % and bigger/stronger the dino the more % you get so if you kill like 10 dodos you can get 0.50%

trike: Takes 85% less damage (arrows do nothing but bullets still can)  when attacked head first!, Rivalry is boosted, and bigger dinos like rexs , Brontos , spinos etc when they are rammed by the trike get slown and the gash effect! 

Raptor: Jump Height increase, able to jump when attacking in the wild (like a ravager), natural pack boost! and able to "jump attack" when they have their claws out and causes more damage!

Pego: able to get boost when looking in drops!

Wooly rhino: Able to have charge attack (like the trike) and has a small damage resistance do to there hide , Able to harvest ATON of thatch!

Reaper: A small boost in damage. Different Tails can have different Abilities! (Barb tail: Shoots small barbs like the reaper queen , Acid Bomb: Almost like the base tail attack but the falls fall and they blow up into a ball of acid kinda like when the reaper dies but smaller. Able to Roar!

Griffin: Roar/screech that Weakens enemies Damage resistance!  able to attack wild dinos!

Titanosaur: ok this one is debatable but i have a Few ideas! but here's the base idea

new LOOK , Able to weck Spikes and anything under his feet!, NEW attack Tail whip! has natural armor like Reaper.  Last Much longer then TITAN!`

Eurypterid: Able to be tamed and ride!, size increase , New look and animations, Able to "snap its Claws" to make the nearby water "boiled" to kill prey! also has a boost roar like the yuty!

can't go on land!

Rock Drake: due to them eating Nameless venom they gain a venom ability that drains HP (5PS) 

Leeds: Size increase. can be tamed! But it's Hard!. Able to ride!  slight new look , Has teeth like sperm whale! Able to Jump out of water like a whale! can Ride! can harvest meat from it!

and also loot can be found in him much like a supply drop!

Otter: Able to gather more Pearls , and deals 40X damage against Fish!  Hunt option for fish! wild otters hunt fish!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

-------- 

DONE!

Edited by Udam
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

All of the yes

1 hour ago, Rico86 said:

sounds really good, as i was reading it i was thinking how they could, honestly nice ideas. 

Thank you! i was just kinda bored when i came up with most of these but some like the deer , pela , and bat i had on my mind (most of them i drew in my old notebook) so i just did all of them! 

again thxs for the likes!

but my fav is the turtle 

Edited by Udam

36 minutes ago, Rico86 said:

Mine would be the spider, ate taming that thing, but the idea that to use its web to reinforce walls, (could even climb the web) its just brilliant, would really work in PVP 

thx i drew a fan dossier about that and it explained that the webs were similar to "steel wool" so its pretty strong 

other ideas i had for it was that it would grow silk! (but the moth could do that!) plus that would be boring!   lol

and another was a spider man like web sling but i thought that would be hard! but since the bloodstalker can do that. i was wrong! 

Edited by Udam

TLC 3

Dinos that should get a TLC:

Quetz

Plesi

Rex

Carno

Stego

Mammoth

Dilo

Turtle

Snake

Dinos that shouldn't:

Bronto

Giga

Mosa

Paracer

Quetz:

*Speed Buff: it is dreadfully slow right now

*Carry Buff: The quetz in real life was as big as a giga Make it able to pick up ertain larger creatures: 

Plesi: 

*Mobility: give it a mobility like a Tapejara or Griffin

* When around other plesi's give it a slight pack buff ( Like half resistance and damage bonus) the reason for this is because if they got the full buff they would be to OP

Rex:

Ok hear me out

The rexs name translates to Tyrant lizard King as in King of the dinos maybe give it better melee then something half its size *cough* Megalosaurus *cough*

*All the rex got in its TLC was a a melee nerf, a model, and something that is useless. the roar only effects smaller creatures that are lower level then the rex. What sucks about this is that the rex already did amazing against its prey and even packs of brontos i've seen it demolish 5 stegos at lvl 3 before the TLC,  now they get killed by those stegos. The roar only effects creatures smaller than the rex which haha it ALREADY CAN KILL WITH EASE.

* HP 1100-1500 Melee 62-75

* In the dossier Helena give writes from is Bite from its stomp to its Tail So why not use these

*The Stomp should be like the Acros 

* A tail lash like the bronto could be amazing the tail could do a little bit of torpor or even dismout the rider. There should be a heavy cooldown to prevent Spam

Carno:

*Give a 75% meat reduction as well as hide and pelt with a 25% reduction

* Charge attack that does torpor as well as Bleed

* A pack bonus

Stego:

* A bleeding effect with tail

*  A pack bonus but with health instead of damage

* A Buff with its plates 

When in hot Climates: Plates turn Orange and gets a Weight buff

When in Cold climates: Plates turn Blue and gets a Stamina Buff

When above 50% hp: Plates are red and gets a Damage Buff

When in water; Plates turn Green and give a Oxygen buff

When near other Stegos (Pack bonus thing I mentioned above) :Gives a Health and Resistance Buff and Plates turn Purple

When fed Sweet Veggie Cake : Plates turn Yellow and can harvest more efficiently

Mammoth:

*Gives insulated buff to rider

* Can spray water with trunk and can be fired with such force it deals torpor

* Tusks deal bleed

Dilo:

they were much bigger in real life:

*make them as big as raptors and give them a saddle

*Pack buff

*Venom spit damage increased

Turtle:

*Can retreat into shell

*Spino hydrated buff

*Swim speed up

Titanoboa:

*make it ridable

* can climb ceilings and surfaces

* Coil attack that causes suffocation

Why the following should not get buffs:

Bronto

Giga

Paracer

Mosa

The Giga and Mosa because their role is to be very Powerful but doesn't  do anything else

The bronto and paracer because their role is to be mobile bases

I wouldnt give some creatures a TLC because they are useless. I enjoy taming Carnos and always try to tame them as early as possible. You also have to keep in mind, that no creature is useless. It is always important what you see in them. Considering this, there is ot a single creature that is completely useless. 

The Carno is good for killing alpha raptors. 

The female megaloceros is good for traveling

Same for the Diplodocus. And it can also knock back creatures, which can be helpful in some situations.