Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

Definitely think griffins should be breedable, as well has having their movement when wild and flying around fixed because that gives me eye cancer to look at from the lag. Also, they should have their pick-up/carry ability increased to as good as the argys or almost as good as it, because right now its pretty horrible, given its size to the other flyers.

Wyverns I think do deserve some kind of buff, not sure if breeding is the answer, but it would be nice. Regarding the Ice Wyvern though, I 100% believe that making Ice Wyverns immune to mana, snow owl, and maybe Ice Titan freeze abilities would be a long needed buff to make them more useful in PVP, because right now they are practically worthless.

Just my 2 cents on the issues

On 4/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

No this would ruin everything balance wise for them if you want them to be breedable just play on some unofficial servers that had a mod that does this

Consoles dont have any mod options besides offical supported ones so not an option for everyone that plays got to remember limitations for every system game is on.. And shouldnt ruin balance if implemented right could be a pve only rule where they can be saddled or bred.

Good lord I do not want bred Griffins. Remember how strong they were pre-nerf? Some psycho could dive out of the sky on one and instantly wipe out half your tames and be gone again before you had any chance to even see them coming. Breeding would bring this garbage back as people just boost the crap out of their damage, and I certainly don't like the idea of a Griffin getting a random stat mutation into Movement Speed and become even harder to hit than they already are.

I think that it is important to consider all the options.

• Pure stat buff on wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Level cap increase on wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Nerfing the other flyer, as in they can't breed (snow owls, and Managarmr)
  • Adding Saddles and breeding of wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Breeding of wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • letting wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes die in the meta and become useless.

My personal opinion on this is that griffin should be able to breed and rock drakes and wyverns should have higher level caps

Griffins for sure could use breeding. Their health nerf was pretty overkill. I would've much preferred that they receive the same projectile vulnerability that every other flyer has, or just that their per-level Health bonus post-tame was reduced.

Wyverns... as a server option, sure. I think on Officials, that would be excessive and could get seriously out-of-hand. Now, I do think that Wyverns (along with other egg-tameables like Rock Drakes and Deinonychus) should spawn up to the perfect-tame cap (i.e. 225 on officials) rather than up to 190 (or 150 for Deinos), but that's more of a OCPD pet peeve rather than a balance view.

Also, I would be supportive of both receiving a TEK Saddle with a low armor rating (no higher than 25.0) to help beef them up a little or with no serious armor rating but some additional functionality (i.e. Wyvern TEK saddle could change how their breath behaves). But, if going the armor route, that armor rating defintely would need to stay fairly low to be balanced.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:24 AM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

No this would ruin everything balance wise for them if you want them to be breedable just play on some unofficial servers that had a mod that does this

I understand this :)  But i dont like mode :D Come an update, and mode is shut off :D  Dont work more :) And i want to play official, not unofficial :) BTW wyvern breeadable, or not, also fine :D But one of my favorite think in this game, is breading :)  And im sorry, for i cant with wyvern :D Cant play with color mutations or color combinations with wyverns, or griffins :) Or if the wyvern breadable, but cant get stat mutations, only colors :) it would be enought for me :)

I would make them breed-able but only in PVE, and if possible have so that the wyverns can only be breed in the trenches, maybe having to craft a nest for them that breaks after the egg has been collected. 

with griffins i would again do it but only on rag. again with a nest, this would make it worth while in doing it, but make it so that you need alot to make the nest,   

Archived