Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

I think that it is important to consider all the options.

• Pure stat buff on wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Level cap increase on wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Nerfing the other flyer, as in they can't breed (snow owls, and Managarmr)
  • Adding Saddles and breeding of wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • Breeding of wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes
  • letting wyverns, griffins, and rock drakes die in the meta and become useless.

My personal opinion on this is that griffin should be able to breed and rock drakes and wyverns should have higher level caps

On 5/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

griffins never should have existed, they came out because wildcard wanted to a lazy grab for hype and released the easiest map the impliment at the time.  The griffins unique mechanics are arbitrary and have nothing to do with it's species and trample all over tapejara restrictions like the driver not being able to shoot.

The tapejara has 3 saddle seats- I think having the restriction for the driver not being able to shoot is negated by having 2 gunners. Griffins were fun mounts that could be used mainly for combat and speed, but now kinda... suck. It shouldn't be that way since they're an official creature only available on 1 map, plus being considered mythical. All of the other mythical creatures are useful in some way; the griffin's been replaced by something that shouldn't have replaced it in the first place. Owls were meant to be more utility-based even with the divebomb, while griffins should have been more damage.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:24 AM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

No this would ruin everything balance wise for them if you want them to be breedable just play on some unofficial servers that had a mod that does this

I understand this :)  But i dont like mode :D Come an update, and mode is shut off :D  Dont work more :) And i want to play official, not unofficial :) BTW wyvern breeadable, or not, also fine :D But one of my favorite think in this game, is breading :)  And im sorry, for i cant with wyvern :D Cant play with color mutations or color combinations with wyverns, or griffins :) Or if the wyvern breadable, but cant get stat mutations, only colors :) it would be enought for me :)

Actually listen to what your fans want.

Ever since the game suggestions page got an update I've seen so many good suggestions coming in, there are quite a few bad suggestions as well, but they are typically much further down the list due to their lack of votes. 

It's really nice to see wildcard responding to our suggestions via their community crunch, it's great to finally have some acknowledgement. 

That said, the reason nobody actually posted here before the page rework was because they knew you weren't going to actually take their advice. As each community crunch is released, I'm seeing more and more of the top ranking game suggestions get shut down by wildcard. If the suggestions are in the very top rank, there's a good chance that a lot of people feel strongly about them.

Even if you can't add the requested content exactly as it's suggested, at least consider a compromise to give your loyal fans what they are asking for, otherwise this page is just going to be a ghost town once again. 

i think adding breeding to griffins and wyverns might make them too powerful. yes there might be an argument that they should be to match Manas but imo let manas be a powerful problem. dont give us 2 other things to worry about XD. on the other hand your saddle suggestion is perfect this would help make griffins and wyverns much more viable (more for griffins given they cant even get the imprint buff) especially in the mana meta.

currently they get frozen and focused faaar to quickly given that the time to freeze on a manas beam is dependent on armor.

griffins are so useless outside of traveling with manas around. give them some love.

Good lord I do not want bred Griffins. Remember how strong they were pre-nerf? Some psycho could dive out of the sky on one and instantly wipe out half your tames and be gone again before you had any chance to even see them coming. Breeding would bring this garbage back as people just boost the crap out of their damage, and I certainly don't like the idea of a Griffin getting a random stat mutation into Movement Speed and become even harder to hit than they already are.

Wyverns not having a saddle or not being able to breed doesn't bother me. I do think that, however, that Raptors, Thylos, ect SHOULD NOT be able to rip you off of one, since wyverns are considered to be Apex predators. 

It would also be nice, if Wyverns actually landed correctly, instead of the goofy way they do now.

Griffins: definitely yes to both. They are a hard tame, but still a standard KO tame. No reason it shouldn't be allowed, especially when they have heavy competition from other creatures. It would be really cool if their saddle added an extra seat, bringing it up to three seats, but I'll take what I can get. However, since they're genderless, what would happen to already tamed/existing wild ones?

Wyverns: I'm kind of torn on this one. Making them breedable would make their special tame unnecessary once you get two, but it could also make them more powerful. Saddles would be a yes, but a tek saddle would really help them compete with superbred manas. I'd be okay if they didn't get regular, if they got a tek.

27 minutes ago, FRM17 said:

Example: People asked for wyverns and Griffin's to be breedable. It's in the top 5 game suggestions. You responded with a complete dismissal of the idea, no attempt to make it work, even though it's one of the top 5 things your players asked for.

Wyverns don't need to be breedable. That makes sense. But stating that Griffin's are an end game tame and would require a nerf to be breedable? Let's look at the numbers 

Mana only has 125 less base hp, but gains ~20 more hp per wild level and ~1% more hp per domesticated level, plus its breedable and has a saddle. 

On top of this, as soon as the Mana is bred, it's melee is corrected as if it had 100% taming effectiveness, whereas a Griffin just stays where it's at forever. And don't even get me started with the freezing laser breath.

Yeah the griffin might have been OP in the past before you added a ton more OP Dino's, but the balance shifts when you begin looking at things relatively.

So how is a Mana breedable and a Griffin not? It seems like you're just dismissing the idea so you don't have to do the work, which I don't blame you for, you have a lot of work to do, but just be honest with your fans. 

Archived