Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

I'd like to see them continue with some fixes for meshing and other issues. Maybe put out a plan for new TLC and/or new map DLC and then a fresh wipe in a massive update, similar to what we saw at the end of legacy. People don't like to think about losing their stuff, but officials are boring currently. Fresh new Officials would bring a lot of people back, including myself.

• Like 4

The current official servers are coming up to 2 years old now, about as long as legacy servers had been transferable. From a "MegaTribe" perspective a lot of tribes have lost momentum and are losing players. Basically official is losing its player base. The main problem with an official is that it's very hard to balance dinos in PvP when "MegaTribes" are hatching level 450 dinos with 120+ points sometimes in a single stat and smaller tribes are hatching dinos with maybe 60 if they're lucky. The difference in dinosaur stats is insane and therefore very hard to balance. I would suggest changing the mutation system to, first of all, make it so both parents should be under the mutation cap. Meaning that there is a hard cap on the number of mutations a dinosaur can have therefore taming higher stats will end up with higher stats even after mutations, this will take out the constant grind a tribe has to do to keep their dino stats competitive for one and take out the problem of insanely overpowered dinos. Alternatively, keep the system as it allows constant work for breeders to work on, keeping the breeding side of PvP competitive but if this is the case then official servers and dinosaur inbalance would need to be looked at. Possibly a yearly/bi-yearly wipe? 

Furthermore on the problems with official, Duped items, although not as bad as legacy duping still exists and certain tribes and certain items have been duping/ been duped a lot by everyone. I can't think of any way to fix this problem of being able to dupe, most tribes don't fortunately but as the servers go on and rollbacks happen more and more duped items accumulate in the official community and its already affecting the meta of raiding etc and if let to continue will get out of hand eventually. 

Cave building is yet another problem in ark, with the introduction of cryopods it means that tribes aren't forced into caves anymore but yet they still stay in them. Why ? because caves are completely unraidable, in a PvP game if you can make yourself immune to attacks it makes the PvP stale, boring and unbalanced. I would suggest disabling cave building for some caves and allowing some form of cave raiding mechanic, possibly with a future DLC(Not like climbing picks with abberation) Making the caves unbuildable also allows all tribes on a server to farm blueprints and makes farming blueprints more of a challenge and a bit funner than just spawning on a bed and opening up a box every 45 mins. With this, the drops would need to drop better loot though to compensate. If you, however, wanted to keep cave building, as many people do in the community as it allows tribes to store dinosaurs away in a cave, decreasing server lag at the least. To allow cave building would mean that certain mechanics would need changed, parasaurs for one, they shouldn't be able to detect enemies if not ridden, this allows for lazy base sitters to wait for a magic dino to tell them when they are being raided, Ok for small tribes but for bigger tribes it gives too much of an advantage to an already extremely advantaged defence. Other possble ways that could work would be disabling some areas of a cave to be built in, for example the crouch point of abberation shadow cave. meaning that tribes would need to come up with more creative ways to defend their cave other than placing tek turrets at a crouch point and never looking at it again. Disabling the ability to place tek turrets in caves as well might be a good suggestion or having a cave turret limit. Basically there is many ways to allow caves to be viable in the meta; something just needs changed. 

Turret Limit. Although I sense that the turret limit is something that wildcard is happy with, it restricts a lot of base locations, it would be nice to see it raised just a little bit or maybe have it so you can have 100 of each type of turret in the area instead. 

to conclude wiping official servers I think should be a yearly or bi-yearly thing that wildcard does, it keeps the game fresh and allows new tribes to have their go. fixing the current meta is very hard without a wipe and I think the meta does need to be changed if ark is to keep on running for years to come. 

Edited by 123PogChamp

41 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

wipe isn't fixing anything. dinos will be over-mutated again in no time. get a solution for that and then maybe ask for a clear slate...or new servers

i think its fine that they can get that good but by the time they get to that point a server reset is normal needed cuz servers are dead. if they cap mutes ppl wont breed that much so i think no cap

• Like 1

I play small tribes and can confirm that even on small tribes its gotten to a point that new tribes stand no chance against tribes already built up as all the bigger tribes share lines and have really good breedline. I would welcome a fresh cluster but I tthink they need to look at titans transfers being disabled before they do, as any new cluster with titans enabled would be just cave building or titan chomping 

To touch on your mention of "stale gameplay". I think the introduction of different game modes and a deep story mode would help greatly. I posted a suggestion for different game mode ideas for people to post to if you want to stem off of that idea, click my profile, I haven't posted much yet and it'll be easy to find or just follow this URL 

Edited by InfernalDecay

18 minutes ago, FaZeLightingPrO said:

Wipe official servers

Every single server?

PvP

Pve

Primative+

Notek

Crossplay

Crossark

Beginners servers

Smalltribes

Notames

Arkpocalypse

Come on, be more specific. 

Most PvE and primative players don't want a wipe, most crossark and cross play do not, arkpocalypse has just been wiped, beginners servers probably don't need wipes 

PvP may be the only place to benefit from a wipe but why wipe it when you can set up a ... Wait for it

Year 2 pvp server cluster. The introduction of a yearly PvP server cluster that gets wiped every 12 months. Who will rule the arknet for this years rotation

Yea don't ask for one thing when something else will do just as well

On official and smal tribes even, this is a better solution to the problem. 

36 minutes ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I already hear so much about "wiping the servers completely" that I already know it benefits no one. Wipe the servers and within months,  people are back to endgame. The thing is there is no way of rebuilding because once you are out its even harder to the point its brutal. People quit as a result of being wiped and the game holds out until dlc or a new game mode. This is why I believe we should take a different route and create these "rebuild servers" for all existing servers. They are pve clusters that only characters can transfer in but materials and loot can be transferred out(similar to the release of scorhed earth, abberation and extinction).  These servers are made for players to regain dinos and a base and move back into pvp with a higher survival chance. However if implementing these types of servers it must do the following:

1. Seasonal wipes every two weeks if not every month 

2. No drops aside from white beacons should exist to prevent players from getting op gear and then just raiding

3. Rebuild servers are limited to just the center map, prevents people from using dlc creatures 

4. Rebuild servers are exclusive and follow the cluster but change to be pve. E.g. official pvp - official rebuild pvp, official small tribes- official small tribes rebuild pvp (both have the same ruleset as there servers but are a pve version that wipe after 30 days)

5. Obekisks become unbuildable zones preventing people from being unable to leave the servers once they join

You can have defences ready against these dinos,  and then all you have to do is tame a golem which is very easy now and steal cryo lines and bam you have usable dinos. 

12 hours ago, tom61263 said:

I play small tribes and can confirm that even on small tribes its gotten to a point that new tribes stand no chance against tribes already built up as all the bigger tribes share lines and have really good breedline. I would welcome a fresh cluster but I tthink they need to look at titans transfers being disabled before they do, as any new cluster with titans enabled would be just cave building or titan chomping 

But sharing across tribes is a wipeable offence so yep wipe small tribes for breaching small tribes rules

15 hours ago, LaughAssassin said:

On official and smal tribes even, this is a better solution to the problem. 

You can have defences ready against these dinos,  and then all you have to do is tame a golem which is very easy now and steal cryo lines and bam you have usable dinos. 

16 hours ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I already hear so much about "wiping the servers completely" that I already know it benefits no one. Wipe the servers and within months,  people are back to endgame. The thing is there is no way of rebuilding because once you are out its even harder to the point its brutal. People quit as a result of being wiped and the game holds out until dlc or a new game mode. This is why I believe we should take a different route and create these "rebuild servers" for all existing servers. They are pve clusters that only characters can transfer in but materials and loot can be transferred out(similar to the release of scorhed earth, abberation and extinction).  These servers are made for players to regain dinos and a base and move back into pvp with a higher survival chance. However if implementing these types of servers it must do the following:

1. Seasonal wipes every two weeks if not every month 

2. No drops aside from white beacons should exist to prevent players from getting op gear and then just raiding

3. Rebuild servers are limited to just the center map, prevents people from using dlc creatures 

4. Rebuild servers are exclusive and follow the cluster but change to be pve. E.g. official pvp - official rebuild pvp, official small tribes- official small tribes rebuild pvp (both have the same ruleset as there servers but are a pve version that wipe after 30 days)

5. Obekisks become unbuildable zones preventing people from being unable to leave the servers once they join

This solution is better but the only reason that all official pvp servers (well I guess aside from classic) is because of the mesh, there are many bases in the mesh and I'm sure you all agree everyone should lose everything including characters to return to the state prior to meshing. Saying that they should implement mesh fixes for common methods before doing this. 

10 hours ago, DavidLodge said:

Bad take. No need to wipe officials. If you got left behind, that’s on you. Wiping Official now would kill the game even more. 

Are you serious mate the game is stale atm and the official servers have been out nearly 2 years it 100% needs a fresh start I’m sure the majority of people would love it and would bring back players.

• Like 4