DauntedVenus

Separate PvE and PvP balances

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

137 replies to this server topic

PVE should have different setups and abilities than PVP example PVE should have classic Flyers enabled so that you can put points into speed weapons and items that were designed more for PVE perhaps should be rebalanced on the PVE servers to fit fighting  PVE..so many.of the new.dino.or tek we get seem.and feel pvp.focus and us pve player kinda feel like we.geting.jept 

Oieru is right!!! At first , extinction creatures were the best in the game (managarmr ,velonosaur , gacha , etc) . After several updates the abilities of those creatures were reduced at half or eaven lower. When managarmr appeared on ark for the very beginning i killed a giga from high range with no problem. Now , i have to move close to a dino just to freeze it a little. Same thing with gacha : when extinction map was released , a gacha fed with proper food dropped crystals with mastercraft or ascendant items very easy. Now , i have to open a lot of crystals to get maximum a mastercraft item at it's lowest quality. I think no-one cares on PvE if you kill a wild dino with a primitive pick or an ascendant rifle. 20190304174504_1.thumb.jpg.f39609ebca95b2e207436790cc6d7a72.jpg 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, divisd1 said:

It would not be easy at all. Have you ever looked at the dev kit to see how stuff actually works? Easy to give suggestions and say they are easy to implement if you haven't the slightest idea of how any of it actually works.

There is already a. Giant server file setting as far as in aware with every Dino and every stat base value and gain per wild and gain per tamed level and affinity and imprint bonus.

5 hours ago, Chubchub2020 said:

There is already a single player setting that adjusts the game for sp. Why couldn't there be a setting for pve that just unnerfs everything? honestly all the nerfs are for pvp they take all of this time to fix pvp and destroy pve. Save the setting you have before the nerf, create a boolean that when =true enacts the nerfs. It would only be a lot of work because they didn't start doing it this way.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, I'm just saying that it would be A LOT of work that I doubt Wildcard would take the time to do. If you truly want to play with pre-nerf stats, I recommend just playing on unofficial servers instead of official, since I am positive they have no intentions of separating PVE and PVP stats on official

16 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I mean... PvP is not exactly the be all end all of Ark. There are other games for that...

Or maybe they should balance PvE and PvP with different rule sets so we wouldn't have to contend with your insufferable elitism? 

Always someone complaining about PvP on every forum... 

OP, I find that making suggestions works better than complaining. Do you have any reasonable suggestions as to how this can be resolved? Because it sure as hell takes more than just fiddling with a couple of numbers, especially if the game is to be semi-consistent.

Unfortunately citing things like the flier nerf are only going to hurt your case. You know as much as everyone that was a generally needed balance pass, not that nasty PvP harming your PvE gameplay. Much like the original nerf to tame stats, sometimes people forget that the devs simply have the desire (and right) for the game to hold challenge or be engaging. If you want Quetzals that cross the island in 0.5 seconds and one-shots gigas, go develop a mod for it, but it's not the game the devs want...PvE or PvP

I suspect that motivation for challenge is a large part of what you are clashing heads with, not that nasty PvP

27 minutes ago, AleXtreme1 said:

Oieru is right!!! At first , extinction creatures were the best in the game (managarmr ,velonosaur , gacha , etc) . After several updates the abilities of those creatures were reduced at half or eaven lower. When managarmr appeared on ark for the very beginning i killed a giga from high range with no problem. Now , i have to move close to a dino just to freeze it a little. Same thing with gacha : when extinction map was released , a gacha fed with proper food dropped crystals with mastercraft or ascendant items very easy. Now , i have to open a lot of crystals to get maximum a mastercraft item at it's lowest quality. I think no-one cares on PvE if you kill a wild dino with a primitive pick or an ascendant rifle. 20190304174504_1.thumb.jpg.f39609ebca95b2e207436790cc6d7a72.jpg 

In pve they should just enable creative mode and God mode. People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases. And instant kill anything by right clicking on it. It's pve balance don't matter.

Edited by covenantgrunt
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 7