Community Crunch 178: Classic PvP, Patch Wednesday, Social Roundup, and Game Suggestions!

StudioWildcard

9 hours ago, Jae12 said:

When are console players getting new servers? Pc has gotten conquest and classic before we’ve gotten anything! I mean it’s been almost 11 months since we’ve gotten anything and you can see the numbers on official going down. People can’t get big on small tribes because they just get wiped right after starting. Just please give us some love... I’m pretty sure we spent 60 bucks on the game just like pc did. 

I agree. It’s been a while. We have the same game. Paid the same money for it and dlc. Fresh servers would great. 

The last thing this game needs is another feature creep. The initial Early Access feature creep ruined the technical quality of the game to the point ARK will never be fixed without rewritting entire game's code. 

If you plan to add new features, for sake of the game don't add such redundant things like a toilet or a camera or another useless creature. 

Granted, it's good to see WC has bagun regular communication after so long. We will see how long it will last. 

Edited by Lewiatan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gimmeaname said:

Can you guys maybe look into a way of making taming wild creatures on official pve a little easier?  I know flyer carry is disabled and for good reason.  But with the ever increasing amount of pillars being built around my map it's making it harder and harder to build a small, temporary, trap to safely tame a creature.  I've been entertaining the idea of being able to cryo a creature once it's unconscious, however, people would still abuse that method.  Maybe adjust the wild creatures in a way that if they were to wake up(after being knocked out, cryo'd, then un-cryo'd) they'd be set to passive wild animal to prevent people from knocking out a wild giga and letting it loose inside someones base.  It wouldn't make it a tame per say but more like a "Claimed Tame".  

idk just an idea.  people in this game are irresponsible and will somehow find a way to grief and ruin it for everyone.  One of my favorite tames is the Tusoteuthis but it's entirely useless on official pve due to not being able to carry wild dinos.  Unofficial would be a good route to go if I really wanted to play with flyer carry enabled but it kinda kills the game for me when all the rates are jacked up.

Building a taming raft is often a good alternative. They are also portable. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YetAnotherBob said:

Some suggestions for classic:

Enable some Tek like Teleporters / Feeding Troughs /  Tek Armor / Tek Generator. Only the QoL stuff, it would make the game a lot more enjoyable.
Enable Quetz to be tamed but disabble the Quetz platform saddle. ( Argies are a pain to duo farm with )
Cap blueprints by rarity, As a big tribe we have all blueprints capped so no need to loot anymore. Would be nice if for example ascendant bps could have a cap of 100 instead of 75.

No Tek on classic PvP please. Teleporters would make cave bases broken OP again like on officials. Classics is a breath of fresh air compared to cave base meta on officials.

Reduce damage from corrupted Dino’s to players structures.  They are OP and destroy metal in seconds.  It’s dumb

second. Allow more building spots. I have found few spots that would be prime spot to build. But you don’t allow building in those spots.  For small and solo players these locations would be great. It’s a survival game make it so

third. Start adding world bosses that randomly spawn in and just walk about waiting to be beaten. Like they do in WoW.  These weekend events are boring.  It’s just always 2x.  Make events more interactive               And make mana range damage the same as the freeze distance. This tame is pointless now

Edited by Picklestatus

16 hours ago, Jae12 said:

When are console players getting new servers? Pc has gotten conquest and classic before we’ve gotten anything! I mean it’s been almost 11 months since we’ve gotten anything and you can see the numbers on official going down. People can’t get big on small tribes because they just get wiped right after starting. Just please give us some love... I’m pretty sure we spent 60 bucks on the game just like pc did. 

I have put 5 of the same post but they ignore us. The y only do it for pc so content makers can have something to do new.