Cmon ark devs. Wyvern chaos now.

CptChandler

54 minutes ago, TrojanV said:

I forgot why I stopped playing this game for so long until stupid things like this happens. 

Corrupted Wyverns 300+ spawning all over the world... 

Multiple Turrets with 600+ Bullets, 3 people shooting rifles, and 2 people on Managarmr.

We built our base in the Sunken forest thinking we would be safe from these, but apparently NOT.... Take a look at everything we lost... I think I'm officially done with ARK. 

Moved from PVP to get away from the Chinese griefers (not that it's any better on PVE) but figured we at least couldn't get wiped when we were offline, but then Wildcard decides to bend us over and give it to us full tilt.

https://puu.sh/C3tgt/3f9df62be1.jpg

test.png

Holy poop, am I reading that right?  4 digit wyvern levels?

I don't think that rampaging wyverns is an intended mechanic.  I fully expect to see this in the next set of patch notes.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Only when people do the veins/higher pods.  I've been running my server since the update, and without anyone doing the events, all you have are wimpy low level ones around the map.

incorrect, i have corrupted paracer's spawning in my building between level 300-500 in the sanctuary built ontop of a ruin..

1 minute ago, dirtyson said:

incorrect, i have corrupted paracer's spawning in my building between level 300-500 in the sanctuary built ontop of a ruin..

Interesting.  Where exactly is your building and what is your set up?  I'm running an unofficial server at difficulty 6, and it's been on for hours and hours since the latest patch.  Highest level corrupted dino outside of an event: 198 (which is 100% okay for the difficulty the server is configured for).  There are only three of us on the server, and everyone has been strictly warned about the element veins, and we already only touch drop pods as a group, so I'm wondering what is causing your paracers.

Some people in this thread seem to be a bit confused on what PVE is about.

PVE isn't meant to be some safe zone paradise where you can build giant aesthetic structures forever since nothing can hurt you. Instead of aggressive humans you fight the environment which includes wild dinos be it level 5 or level 400. That's part of the core content of PVE.

In this particular case the devs have obviously seen all the complaints about people saying PVE is boring and the others aren't a challenge and given them what they asked for. Enjoy it.

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PVE isn't meant to be some safe zone paradise where you can build giant aesthetic structures forever since nothing can hurt you. Instead of aggressive humans you fight the environment which includes wild dinos be it level 5 or level 400. That's part of the core content of PVE.

In this particular case the devs have obviously seen all the complaints about people saying PVE is boring and the others aren't a challenge and given them what they asked for. Enjoy it.

I really think your missing the main point. Players are using these op wild dino's to do pvp on pve servers and on pvp its just a stupid and broken way to raid/grief. If they didn't damage metal or tek this would hardly be an issue it would just be a few people complaining that the dino's are too high level.

Its like they never learn anything from past mistakes like The Rock Golem issues of people kiting them or just moving out of the way of a projectile that damages stone so it damages something behind them. Like what were they even thinking with that.

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

its ok for me we can kill these wyverns but only know if its bug or no. if so no then we build defense on the base as priority 

Honestly, I WANTED challenge from Extinction and didn't expect it to be a piece of cake. But today, a purple drop spawned in 10-15 extremely high level wyverns that are usually lured (by Chinese tribes) to people's bases. This is constantly happening, not to mention them DDOSing our server so we're at 200+ ping CONSTANTLY. But seriously, the fact that THAT many wyverns spawn in and don't despawn when the drop / element vein vanishes, is just continuing to fuel these tribes that play with PvP tactics on a PvE server. They do this every single day, and with the increased spawns of wyverns, the kiting is only getting worse.

This is literally the easiest solution- Don't allow corrupted dinos to enter the city, or  have the corrupted dinos despawn after the drop/vein. Otherwise people will continue losing their tames and bases all because of these Chinese tribes that do what ever they can to control the server. It is a HUGE problem on our server, I'm constantly seeing things about bases and tames being destroyed because of these grievers. What's the point in even calling it PvE if you're constantly defending your things to PvPers?

On 11/17/2018 at 6:51 AM, Globy said:

It will be the same in ten months for new player.
Actually I'm happy with it, it adds challenge, (especially to PVE)
Base defence has now an utility.

Anyway, Velonasaur are very good against thouse wyvern

We had 5 170+  velonz and 2 manaz, all of my velonz died from a 309 and a 293.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:51 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Lol so it's pve when I bring 5-6 300lvl wyvern to your base while your offline an take all your stuff hmm?

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Lol so it's pve when I bring 5-6 300lvl wyvern to your base while your offline an take all your stuff hmm?

I am pretty sure you can't steal in PVE (locked chests that is) so the latter part of your theory argument is false.

In any case if your base gets stomped by wild dinos then you lost at PVE and probably should quit gaming altogether since you can't get any worse a player then that. The one challenge that exists in PVE is the wild dinos. They are your enemy and its only logical that players will take steps to defend their base against them.

3 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I am pretty sure you can't steal in PVE (locked chests that is) so the latter part of your theory argument is false.

In any case if your base gets stomped by wild dinos then you lost at PVE and probably should quit gaming altogether since you can't get any worse a player then that. The one challenge that exists in PVE is the wild dinos. They are your enemy and its only logical that players will take steps to defend their base against them.

Ya ur obviously not a online player xD an yes I can steal ur bags after drop cmon  8k hrs on ark bro get gd lol an it's not only dino it's player boi!!!! U have no idea rofl

7 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Plus man have you actually read forums lately ROFL it's a thing now in pve to wipe offline bases an steal the stuff inside 

Just now, Lycan187u said:

Plus man have you actually read forums lately ROFL it's a thing now in pve to wipe offline bases an steal the stuff inside 

Haha u think I play only pve bro haha I'm on all modes son !!!! Pro gamer xD an platforms I play pvp on Xbox an pve on PC because most console players are noooooob

The current state of the corrupted wyvern is extremely broken. People don't even need to kite them into the city,  they find their way in there by chasing the scouts or pteranodons. 1062 PVE has three over 300 near 50/50, on top of the countless other ones surrounding the sanctuary.  In my opinion they should despawn if the battle for the OS ddrops isn't complete. And they should also only exist in a certain area so if they are taken too far away from the area they should still despawn as well. So far I haven't seen anyone able to defeat any of these wyverns not with gigas owls rex's nothing. It's a broken mechanic that seems like it should be fixed quickly.

11 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Ya ur obviously not a online player xD an yes I can steal ur bags after drop cmon  8k hrs on ark bro get gd lol an it's not only dino it's player boi!!!! U have no idea rofl

I'm a PVP player. I've never had any interest in playing PVE so forgive me if I get some of the aspects of it wrong.

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

How about 20 level 450 wyverns curbstomping at your base that even your 2 fully imprinted giga and heavy turretscan't do poop about it?

The whole point is that they should have despawned when the drop failed as stated in the patch note. It was clear as day that this was not properly implemented, hence there are too many wyverns flying around.

People can easily fend off against waves of wyverns in SE since you won't expect much of a challenge. But corrupted wyverns with 300 and en mass are a whole nother story all together, especially since turrets deals even lesser damage against them than ordinary wyverns

...plus the fact they can destroy even Tek means your words are illogical. If you think I am talking poppyc, try staying around a server filled with corrupted wyverns with little or no time to react. Then you will know why this thread existed.

Yes, it get it. Environment Vs player. But this is just too stupid and ridiculous. It really needs to be fixed.

55 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If you were a "pro gamer" you wouldn't be playing PVE in the first place. Nice try.

54 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I'm a PVP player. I've never had any interest in playing PVE so forgive me if I get some of the aspects of it wrong.

DILO is wrong with people nowadays? If you play PvP and have fun in it, that's fine but telling people that don't play your way are bad or wrong is just ignorant and raptored up. Like who the raptor do you think you are? Eitherway you should get a warning to talk like that and insult 60% of ARK's player base.

Go back to your PvP server and kite some more poop to other peoples base.

And btw, no one is complaining about corrupted dinos coming to your base from time to time, thats a good mechanic and should stay - but wyverns that people spawn from drops, to troll others or kite others should despawn if they are out of range from the drop, or shouldnt be allowed to fly off the drop in the first place. Because those corrupted wyverns are sometimes lvl 400+ and yes, turrets can#t do poop because they take only 10% of the dmg from it, why do you think people want to play pve? right because they don't wanna farm GP for Bullets non stop you ignoratn idiot. If you can't see that this is a bad game mechanic than I#m sorry, but your brain is clearly not working!

Archived