Why do pillars last 12 days

BigSlick

Ive spent the last week looking for a PVE Ragnarok server only to find servers covered in pillars for miles and miles in any decent spot to prevent anyone from joining their server. I just dont get why Wildcard approves of this crap half the servers are less than half full on weekends. 12 days to destroy a pillar it should be 2. Anyone on Ragmarok willing to help me find a spot???

pillars actually decay in 12 hours. The problem is that people ALSO use pillars for building their bases, and as fences. as such it was neccesary for WC to implement work around so that people didn't low their bases/fences to decay timers. In fact, if you go back in the forums to the point where the decay timers were implemented you'll find a TON of posts from people that lost their bases/dinos because of the change to decay timers. 

49 minutes ago, BigSlick said:

Ive spent the last week looking for a PVE Ragnarok server only to find servers covered in pillars for miles and miles in any decent spot to prevent anyone from joining their server. I just dont get why Wildcard approves of this crap half the servers are less than half full on weekends. 12 days to destroy a pillar it should be 2. Anyone on Ragmarok willing to help me find a spot???

the server is pillared to prevent more beach bobs from joining the server and impacting the already high or maxed out tame cap.

Rag is one of the most popular maps most players want to be on, which is why they are usually the first to be capped and have the most amount of players online at once.

Ask yourself this question: "Do I really want to get established on a server that is constantly tame capped and overcrowded?"

Answer is probably no, because you wont be able to tame, build or breed anything.

Pilar’s by them selves used to last like the rest of your base.  They instituted a 12 hour timer to try and get rid of the pillar spamming.  Players learned to just put ladders on the pillars,  rendering the fix wc implemented useless.

my idea would have been to do the same thing they did with turrets.  Limit the number of free standing structures of a tribe.  A building would count as one and a pillar with a ladder would count as one,  reach a limit and no matter what you do, 12 hour timer kicks in on anything else laid down after.  People could still pillar , but they couldn’t pillar the whole map anymore. 

Pillars don't last 12 days. Only Stone pillars last 12, Wood pillars are 8, Metal are 16, and Tek are 20 days. What do you mean by less than half full? You do realize that the Dino cap on a server is 5500 right? That means 11 tribes with 500 dinos with Dino cap the server. Just because a server will allow 70 or 100 players does not mean there should be that many on there. Who wants to play with all that lag anyways. Only a dozen people should be actively playing on a server the rest of the space is for visiting, trading, and resourcing.  

I'm sure if you search with a flyer you will find plenty of decent spots to build. Probably not the best since others were faster than you, but enough decent spots. Rag is a huge map.

I agree though that the pillar situation on Rag servers is bad, worse than on Island or Ab. From my experience at least. 

My Rag server has around 20 players online on workdays and it can go up to 40 on Sunday for a short time. Every single ruin is pillared but 9/10 aren't in use. The ruin pillarers don't ever build buildings there. And their bases aren't even close to the ruins most of the time. I would understand if they were close to their base because no one wants a neighbor close, but it's not the case.

The "Hmm I might build there at some point in the future. I'm gonna pillar it!" mentality isn't good. When I have this thought I ask myself "Do I really want to build there? What are the cons of this place? Do I really need it?" And then most of the time I decide to not occupy the spot by pillaring it or whatever.

Also I hate those jerks that block off ressources. Pillar it but don't take it away from the rest of us. There's a big crystal spawn in some cave and someone placed a behe so that only he can access the spawn. Selfish prick.

6 hours ago, BigSlick said:

Ive never had that issue when building with pillars. I get why its this way but its also the reason the majority of servers have less than half capacity. 

6 hours ago, BigSlick said:

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Pilar’s by them selves used to last like the rest of your base.  They instituted a 12 hour timer to try and get rid of the pillar spamming.  Players learned to just put ladders on the pillars,  rendering the fix wc implemented useless.

my idea would have been to do the same thing they did with turrets.  Limit the number of free standing structures of a tribe.  A building would count as one and a pillar with a ladder would count as one,  reach a limit and no matter what you do, 12 hour timer kicks in on anything else laid down after.  People could still pillar , but they couldn’t pillar the whole map anymore. 

The servers are only ment for 11 active tribes.

The amount of pillers wont effect the current issue we are having. Our biggest 2 issues is 

*The two dinos people use for griefing. Titan/giga.... They need to be easier to kill. When moving from my old server to my new one a guy moved 2 titans and a giga to my base and I was building it. Costed me over 20k worth of dinos. They killed my dinos before I was even able to load.

* server cap... they have such a low server cap and lack of servers for the players. They lose so many people do to this... all my friends. When I make them quit cause they are tired with fighting server cap.  This game loves to suffocate you. :(

these pillers... they are everywhere. But there is places in every server to build. You just have to look harder.

Most pillar whiners are people confined to beaches, without the ability to fly around and see that there are spots just off the beach or in other sections of the map where you cannot default spawn at. Over half of the Ragnarok map you cant default spawn in and is free to build on on almost every server, but people will whine that the beach they loaded in on is all pillared up instead of looking beyond their line of sight. Its a constant in these forums.

When you start breeding you will understand. Over 200 of them dinos are for ark dinos for kibble. Around 20 are stats. Around 30 for colors. And that's just for 1 type of dino.. if they got rid of the need of kibble. Then 300s probably would be sufficient cap... but the need for kibble is a real thing. 500 for dino cap sucks... once you hit that cap your active enough to confuse your self of what dino you need to kill to make room. It sucks.. 

Also. Platform saddles. Boats. All add to tribe cap. Not server cap. But this is also why you need 500 cap. I myself use 4 quetz platforms. And will be adding 2 brontos... so 6 x20 = 120 towards tribe dino cap. Add the 200 dinos is 320 towards the dino cap before talking about the basic farming dinos and the breeding dinos and the want dinos..OMG... I should start looking Into another server and spread out. I dont have room for 1 tribe with the dinos I'm building up...

and this can now be reported as a misconduct on official pve servers pillar/ladder spamming beaches resource areas the lot tribes do NOT need to do this if they want so many dinos etc etc start their own unofficial server because all they are doing is stopping other normal people from actually playing the game they bought on official game servers, which is really unfair, no not whining but it is a pain in the butt logging in and having no where to set up a crappy little thatch building to survive a little longer before we can venture inland to make a bigger, better base .. its a survivial game in the end it would be nice just fighting the the elements and dinos not the other players too - unless a PvP server ofc.

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 4:39 PM, Cetaphil said:

When you start breeding you will understand. Over 200 of them dinos are for ark dinos for kibble. Around 20 are stats. Around 30 for colors. And that's just for 1 type of dino.. if they got rid of the need of kibble. Then 300s probably would be sufficient cap... but the need for kibble is a real thing. 500 for dino cap sucks... once you hit that cap your active enough to confuse your self of what dino you need to kill to make room. It sucks.. 

Also. Platform saddles. Boats. All add to tribe cap. Not server cap. But this is also why you need 500 cap. I myself use 4 quetz platforms. And will be adding 2 brontos... so 6 x20 = 120 towards tribe dino cap. Add the 200 dinos is 320 towards the dino cap before talking about the basic farming dinos and the breeding dinos and the want dinos..OMG... I should start looking Into another server and spread out. I dont have room for 1 tribe with the dinos I'm building up...

Wait.. a platform saddled dino adds 20 to tribe tame cap?! Thats new (within last year) right?

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Wait.. a platform saddled dino adds 20 to tribe tame cap?! Thats new (within last year) right?

a platform saddle by itself adds nothing: dino with platform saddle is still counted as 1 to tribe and global (sigh) limits. But if you were to put any structure on that platform it would add another 19 to the limits for a total of 20.

Never been in a big enough tribe to realize there was a server cap or even a tribe cap. Not sure how to feel about this. I guess without a camp people would have way too many dinos and it would be an issue. Not having kibble would allow for a smaller gap but that is a core part of the game that would be taken away so then what? And whatever replaces it might be too easy or too hard to do too.

1 hour ago, iyekane said:

Never been in a big enough tribe to realize there was a server cap or even a tribe cap. Not sure how to feel about this. I guess without a camp people would have way too many dinos and it would be an issue. Not having kibble would allow for a smaller gap but that is a core part of the game that would be taken away so then what? And whatever replaces it might be too easy or too hard to do too.

Not only is there caps.. but almost every PvE server on all platforms are server capped. Noone can even tame new dinos or birth babies. Without killing off tames of course. People will.keep dodos for this

Archived