- Reduced Bronto base HP by 10%
- Reduced Paracaratherium base HP by 10%
- Reduced Paracer HP gain per level by 25%
- Reduced Tuso Base HP by 20%
- Reduced Tuso HP gain per level by 25%
- Reduced Dunky resistance to bullets to 40%
- Reduced Dunky other resistances to 60%
- Stego Plate Resistant reduced to 30%

These changes seem to have come out of the blue but I'm happy to see the game moving away from the boring meta of tanking turrets. That said the dev's haven't said what options they are going to give us in replace of this.

The current siege options are rubbish vs metal or higher. Take the current "best" siege weapon available the primitive cannon for instance. To destroy a single metal wall you need to shoot  28 cannon balls which costs 2253 ingots all up. That's 250 ingots shy of an entire industrial forge for a single metal wall that costs just 25 ingots. Clearly the current siege weapons are underperforming and near useless. I've been on some pretty big alpha vs alpha raids/fights and I can't recall anyone on either side using a cannon or other siege weapon. The closest thing I saw was a tribe trying to use the chain bola to bag some of our flies but as we all know they are also near useless and likewise that tribe failed to hit anything. Speaking of useless the homing rocket is extremely subpar but that's another topic.

I am hoping in the very near future a TEK siege weapon is added since its notably missing from the game at present. At the very least we need more alternatives to taking down fortifications now that current meta has been nerfed so hard.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I

These changes seem to have come out of the blue but I'm happy to see the game moving away from the boring meta of tanking turrets. That said the dev's haven't said what options they are going to give us in replace of this.

The current siege options are rubbish vs metal or higher. Take the current "best" siege weapon available the primitive cannon for instance. To destroy a single metal wall you need to shoot  28 cannon balls which costs 2253 ingots all up. That's 250 ingots shy of an entire industrial forge for a single metal wall that costs just 25 ingots. Clearly the current siege weapons are underperforming and near useless. I've been on some pretty big alpha vs alpha raids/fights and I can't recall anyone on either side using a cannon or other siege weapon. The closest thing I saw was a tribe trying to use the chain bola to bag some of our flies but as we all know they are also near useless and likewise that tribe failed to hit anything. Speaking of useless the homing rocket is extremely subpar but that's another topic.

I am hoping in the very near future a TEK siege weapon is added since its notably missing from the game at present. At the very least we need more alternatives to taking down fortifications now that current meta has been nerfed so hard.

Defenders should always have a serious advantage.  You might complain about the 28 cannon balls to destroy a single wall, but you don't need to do that with every wall in the base.  Once you have a hole you are in.

10 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Defenders should always have a serious advantage.  You might complain about the 28 cannon balls to destroy a single wall, but you don't need to do that with every wall in the base.  Once you have a hole you are in.

Plus, a true raider's dream is always the challenge before the spoils. Easy spoils are nice, but so unepic.

9 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I

From a PVE perspective, a lot of these nerfs are horrible. some people use brontos and paracers as their mobile homes.

The dunky is sooo slow, it's resistances were what (almost) balanced it.

And i'm personally disappointed in the tuso nerf.... i've had more than a few close calls of almost loosing them to alpha mosa fights, or in the hard water cave on the island...and i'm talking 140+ wild tames, max leveled, with ascendant saddles...

4 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

A typical PvP only nerf.

Ironically, these nerfs will likely affect PvP the least in the long run.. the mega tribes certainly have the man power to mutation stack HP on these dinos back to their pre-nerf HP levels within a few months... or they could just take twice as many bronto's to a raid.... lol

3 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

Ironically, these nerfs will likely affect PvP the least in the long run.. the mega tribes certainly have the man power to mutation stack HP on these dinos back to their pre-nerf HP levels within a few months... or they could just take twice as many bronto's to a raid.... lol

Yep, they always find a way - or time.
It will most likely only affect smaller tribes or solo players :(

The balancing needs some balancing...

47 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

That said the dev's haven't said what options they are going to give us in replace of this.

Devs they dont have to say anything. In a sandbox game it is players who should try to find a new way to do the same or nearly the same thing after a change. Coming up with new and unconventional tactics is part of the fun.

Y'know I'd really appreciate some sort of Public Test Realm/Patch Test Server similar to many other games.

It'd allow us players to catch bugs + give feedback on how the changes affect the game before the patch drops to see if anything has been over-buffed or over-nerfed.

Then again, it'd be a LOT more difficult to handle something like this with a game like Ark.

In another forum a couple guys and myself where talking about adding a tek artillery piece. This might help compensate for soakers. Imagine spawning in a server and placing an artillery just in range of the defenders base. It would also add the tactic of how to counter such a device that would reamp raiding as well as defending. What do you guys think?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

they could just take twice as many bronto's to a raid.... lol

Same meta just more costly on time. Not only will you need more dinos to throw at the turrets but some of those soakers will take longer to breed.

Nothing will change dramatically, defenders will just have longer to wait until the inevitable.

It definitely makes less people use that crap method with tank Dinos. That’s all I care about.

Are you telling me prehistoric turtles and practically ANY Dino can survive extremely fast bullet spewing? Shell or no shell, those bullets would tear dinosaurs to shreds. Evolution never thought we’d have guns or bullets. 

I hate tank Dinos along with the cancerous 150 lvls of speed players. I mean, come on. I know you want an edge but this isn’t Flash simulator. That along with 300% melee for a really cheesy cheap OHKO is the death of PVP

38 minutes ago, FrankTheCaesar said:

It definitely makes less people use that crap method with tank Dinos. That’s all I care about.

Are you telling me prehistoric turtles and practically ANY Dino can survive extremely fast bullet spewing? Shell or no shell, those bullets would tear dinosaurs to shreds. Evolution never thought we’d have guns or bullets. 

I hate tank Dinos along with the cancerous 150 lvls of speed players. I mean, come on. I know you want an edge but this isn’t Flash simulator. That along with 300% melee for a really cheesy cheap OHKO is the death of PVP

Then again, as far as the game is concerned... You are on a giant orbital biodome in space, so maybe whoever engineered the arks and dinos gave them skin as thick as yours eh??? EH??? lol Oh wait, they'd definitely get shredded if that were the case

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

They said when they were announcing and implementing the turret changes that tanking dino mechanics might also need to be balanced, but they'd wait and see what needed to happen. Since the turret change, players have made a number of requests to have the tanking dinos rebalanced to better reflect the current damage output of turrets. There aren't going to be "options they are going to give us in replace of this." 

Or, more simply put: Turrets now do less damage, so they're making tanking dinos tank less damage.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Same meta just more costly on time. Not only will you need more dinos to throw at the turrets but some of those soakers will take longer to breed.

Nothing will change dramatically, defenders will just have longer to wait until the inevitable.

This nerf is the result of the turret nerf, so you may in fact need less soakers than before.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Or, more simply put: Turrets now do less damage, so they're making tanking dinos tank less damage.

What they should have done is make "tank" dinos take increased bullet damage and left PvE out of the equation..

Also, is a tuso really used often enough as a "raid dino" to warrant a nerf?

36 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Then again, as far as the game is concerned... You are on a giant orbital biodome in space, so maybe whoever engineered the arks and dinos gave them skin as thick as yours eh??? EH??? lol Oh wait, they'd definitely get shredded if that were the case

I know the whole premise is now some whacky sci-fi stuff, I used to be able to write the game off as a virtual reality type of thing (three units making a triangle to utilize electromagnetism AKA navigation across an unknown land) until Abberation came. Then the REAL weird things came lol. 

Griffins were okay, but then came DRAGONS. Okay, I can live with this, we could use an OP animal for endgame, but the Tek was ridiculously futuristic. Totally  ruined the prehistoric aspect and is now definitely sci-fi.

Maybe I was wrong in thinking this was a dinosaur survival/action game, and in PvP the speedmeleeclubbers break the “real” feel of PvP overall. Why shoot someone and properly gear up when you can move at 600mph and club them in the skull?

13 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

What they should have done is make "tank" dinos take increased bullet damage and left PvE out of the equation..

Correction: What you would have done. 

Wildcard has made it excruciatingly clear through statements and actions over the past two and a half years that PvP and PvE will not have different balances and mechanics. I would recommend folks get comfortable with that reality because if they're expecting something different, their frustration will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

4 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Correction: What you would have done. 

Wildcard has made it excruciatingly clear through statements and actions over the past two and a half years that PvP and PvE will not have different balances and mechanics. I would recommend folks get comfortable with that reality because if they're expecting something different, their frustration will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Wild dino grab is disabled on pve, does that count as a different mechanic?

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Wild dino grab is disabled on pve, does that count as a different mechanic?

So grabbing wild dinos is the same as reducing health points?

Archived