v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

15 hours ago, Ulta said:

Ignoring the fact you mentioned Xbox (which I swore this thread wasn't about, since it was patch 271.0 which isn't on Xbox), I can't find anywhere in the wiki where it states this?

Where should I look for the exact quote? Even then I never trust the Wiki...and so far I am seeing that as long as your Difficulty is set to 5, singleplayer settings are off, and you don't mess with any stat multipliers and making sure the Difficulty Offset is set to 1.0 (which my server is), then it's a spitting image of an official server.

@Jatheish @Jen @lilpanda @TheRightHand Could use some more clarity still please devs!

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas#XBOX_Private_vs_Official_Servers 

There is the EXACT link. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Okay, but that says Xbox private servers...we are talking about PC.

Either way I find it funny that document stated the health of a boss on private server, and yet didn't state the health of the one on official. Not very factual by any means in my book.

Does make me curious though, especially knowing that bosses will not spawn with the same health all the time. Might go on and check the health of the alpha dragon on my server before it poofs in a few days.

• Volunteer Moderator

Wiki can be edited by anyone and is rarely accurate; a lot of misinformation or outdated things there. I could add that if you bring 20 phiomias painted in pink the dragon will fall in love with them and gets tamed to that page and link it here just to prove a point but I'm too lazy to do so.

This whole thread just goes to prove how difficult the bosses are... and since element is a required resource for end game items I have no problem with pinning either boss once you have the dinos to do it.

Said another way... When I ride around on my wyvern I do not run away from alpha death worms. I have gotten to the point in the game where killing an alpha death worm offers very little risk to me. We should be able to get to the point where the bosses offer very little risk since we need to farm them for element. If you could get element from alphas, for example, then making the bosses harder would make sense since it is a 1 time thing to unlock engrams... but they have it set up so that you must continuously fight bosses. You should be able to do it with very little risk once you have reached that point in the game. According to many in this thread it should take the average player 15 months to be able to defeat the dragon boss. That just goes to show you how insanely difficult the bosses are. I repeat

The

Bosses

Were

Not

Too

Easy

On

Official

Servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The players were just good enough to defeat them on a regular basis. They should not have made the change. Period.

7 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

This whole thread just goes to prove how difficult the bosses are... and since element is a required resource for end game items I have no problem with pinning either boss once you have the dinos to do it.

Said another way... When I ride around on my wyvern I do not run away from alpha death worms. I have gotten to the point in the game where killing an alpha death worm offers very little risk to me. We should be able to get to the point where the bosses offer very little risk since we need to farm them for element. If you could get element from alphas, for example, then making the bosses harder would make sense since it is a 1 time thing to unlock engrams... but they have it set up so that you must continuously fight bosses. You should be able to do it with very little risk once you have reached that point in the game. According to many in this thread it should take the average player 15 months to be able to defeat the dragon boss. That just goes to show you how insanely difficult the bosses are. I repeat

The

Bosses

Were

Not

Too

Easy

On

Official

The players were just good enough to defeat them on a regular basis. They should not have made the change. Period.

Look man, I don't play officials, but no one in their right mind would go against the ALPHA dragon to farm for element. Alpha Monkey or better yet, Alpha Broodmother is EXTREMELY easy, and I'd bank it's the same on official. Broodmother alpha get's creamed with no lose to your army in about less than 10 minutes with a barely bred army of 15 Megatheriums, 4 Rexs and a Yuty with 100 armor saddles.

This whole thread was mostly about the Alpha dragon and seeing if it's do-able now that you can't pin bosses. And guess what, it is.

54 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

And now I will show you just how much health the ALPHA dragon on my private unoffficial rented server has.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158100101

Wiki article debunked. At least for PC rentals anyway. That doesn't look like 720,000 health.

45 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Okay, but that says Xbox private servers...we are talking about PC.

Either way I find it funny that document stated the health of a boss on private server, and yet didn't state the health of the one on official. Not very factual by any means in my book.

Does make me curious though, especially knowing that bosses will not spawn with the same health all the time. Might go on and check the health of the alpha dragon on my server before it poofs in a few days.

I think they changed that. 

Just now, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

I think they changed that. 

Again I will put this here for you, just to show that at least on PC, that article is wrong.

Funny thing too, this is the same health pool that the wiki for the Alpha dragon shows. But if it's on the wiki, it must mirror officials, don't you think? Why would the wiki show the results from a PRIVATE server?

Anyway, my server dies today cause I didn't realize it expired this soon. Gonna start having fun on my second one now, but it'll be on Rag so this ends my testing.

Just now, Ulta said:

Again I will put this here for you, just to show that at least on PC, that article is wrong.

Funny thing too, this is the same health pool that the wiki for the Alpha dragon shows. But if it's on the wiki, it must mirror officials, don't you think? Why would the wiki show the results from a PRIVATE server?

Anyway, my server dies today cause I didn't realize it expired this soon. Gonna start having fun on my second one now, but it'll be on Rag so this ends my testing.

I am not doubting you dude. I said this like 3 times. I am just empathizing with people who don't want to take a chance with their 5/2 day breeds. 

Its says last tested march 4 2017 for that. Lets be honest so much has changed in that period of time that its probably out of date. This despite the wiki saying last updated october 4. 

"Last tested 4 March 2017, tests shown bosses on Private (easy boss) have as little as 720,000 health on the hardest possible settings, whilst on Official they have much more. "

1 minute ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

I am not doubting you dude. I said this like 3 times. I am just empathizing with people who don't want to take a chance with their 5/2 day breeds. 

That's on them then. They chose to play on officials. Let them deal with how WC wanted it to be on Wc's servers, aka the grindfest just to get a faint glimpse of all the content and Tek.

Alpha dragon should only need to be fought once and that's it, just for it's engrams. Not to farm it. Even I'll admit it's risky to do so since my test actually resulted in 2 theriz's surviving, so the army took a HEAVY lose. But we won, and that's what matters.

18 minutes ago, Ulta said:

That's on them then. They chose to play on officials. Let them deal with how WC wanted it to be on Wc's servers, aka the grindfest just to get a faint glimpse of all the content and Tek.

Alpha dragon should only need to be fought once and that's it, just for it's engrams. Not to farm it. Even I'll admit it's risky to do so since my test actually resulted in 2 theriz's surviving, so the army took a HEAVY lose. But we won, and that's what matters.

Ulta, can you share your stats?
We just lost a major part of our army on Alpha Broodmother :/

Stay as far away from dragon Corpse als dont Let your tribemates spread out. Stay Close together = Win. We also had fights where he stayed in the Air for more than 5 min. That was always when we did it with more than 2 People and they tried to hit it from different positions. We do it now with only 2 People and have no Problems on any difficulty 

16 hours ago, Ulta said:

Look man, I don't play officials, but no one in their right mind would go against the ALPHA dragon to farm for element. Alpha Monkey or better yet, Alpha Broodmother is EXTREMELY easy, and I'd bank it's the same on official. Broodmother alpha get's creamed with no lose to your army in about less than 10 minutes with a barely bred army of 15 Megatheriums, 4 Rexs and a Yuty with 100 armor saddles.

This whole thread was mostly about the Alpha dragon and seeing if it's do-able now that you can't pin bosses. And guess what, it is.

And now I will show you just how much health the ALPHA dragon on my private unoffficial rented server has.

Wiki article debunked. At least for PC rentals anyway. That doesn't look like 720,000 health.

I play mostly on scorched and we do farm the manticore for element. It is our only option. On Ragnarok the only way to farm element it to kill them both. Your point in flat out wrong for the majority of players.

13 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Anyway, our tribe is having (some) issues on Ragnarok arena. Stupid manticore never landing. At least for gamma, getting 10 people fire fab pistol (of good quality) at manticore works. 

Official btw 

we had the same issue but first time wasnt prepared with firearms lost whole fleet. how good of a fab pistol did you use? and how close on time was it by that method?

17 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

The

Bosses

Were

Not

Too

Easy

On

Official

What are you talking about. All bosses are tank and Spank.

The only thing that makes Bosses with totaly no script hard are:

People that dont put enough time in hunting, tranquing decent tames

People to stupid to breed

Whats the difficulty in tranquing every 130+ Rex or whatever tame you wanna use and if it does not have the right stats, kill it and move on? Thats skill?
After that you only have to use your brain a bit, what you breed and what not. For that, there are some awesome videoguides out there. 

As mentioned many Times before. Dragon is the only "hard" Boss in Ark. And not cause the fight itself is a masterbiece in Bossdesign, no, never seen such stupid stuff. Its only hard, cause of the 25% MaxHPDrain. So You have to outDps that bullpoop. But thats not hard, its stupid and also has nothing to do with skil.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

we had the same issue but first time wasnt prepared with firearms lost whole fleet. how good of a fab pistol did you use? and how close on time was it by that method?

How many people do you use for that fight? 

As i said. It seems to be a targeting issue of the manticore. maximum have one kiting the golems away. rest stay close together

Wow, a couple days go buy and poop gets nasty...

You can't directly compare boss fights and expect every factor to be identical. They now scale not only with server difficulty and multipliers, but also with the # of players in the arena. Add the stat roll, and it's not likely to ever have 2 fights be identical, even if every other factor is. Therefore, saying things like, my minions had different levels, doesn't apply.

For the record, there is zero difference in difficulty scaling between official and unofficial servers until the admin starts making changes.

Also for the record, official isn't vanilla, the admins (Wildcard) change some settings themselves. Examples like not needing to acend for Rag or Center, Cross Ark, PVE mode etc are not part of the vanilla game.

Look up vanilla software... It means unchanged.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software

Therefore one could argue, correctly, that the only place you can play vanilla is on unofficial servers. ?

Also, LMAO at those official Peeps that think difficulty 5 with vanilla multipliers & dinos is hardcore. It's just grindy easy mode. 

Try out a good core mod at difficulty 15 or 20 and you'll see how weak and pathetic vanilla Dino's & bosses are. ?

7 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Wow, a couple days go buy and poop gets nasty...

You can't directly compare boss fights and expect every factor to be identical. They now scale not only with server difficulty and multipliers, but also with the # of players in the arena. Add the stat roll, and it's not likely to ever have 2 fights be identical, even if every other factor is. Therefore, saying things like, my minions had different levels, doesn't apply.

For the record, there is zero difference in difficulty scaling between official and unofficial servers until the admin starts making changes.

Also for the record, official isn't vanilla, the admins (Wildcard) change some settings themselves. Examples like not needing to acend for Rag or Center, Cross Ark, PVE mode etc are not part of the vanilla game.

Look up vanilla software... It means unchanged.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software

Therefore one could argue, correctly, that the only place you can play vanilla is on unofficial servers. ?

Also, LMAO at those official Peeps that think difficulty 5 with vanilla multipliers & dinos is hardcore. It's just grindy easy mode. 

Try out a good core mod at difficulty 15 or 20 and you'll see how weak and pathetic vanilla Dino's & bosses are. ?

Do you have any patch notes / quotes / references for the statement you made that a boss scales based on the difficulty; number of players and the stat roll?
Running some tests myself I cannot find any direct evidence that this statement holds true.
The only difference in boss encounters I am aware off is the difficulty modifier and/or SinglePlayer setting.

1 hour ago, Ugodzilla said:

What are you talking about. All bosses are tank and Spank.

The only thing that makes Bosses with totaly no script hard are:

People that dont put enough time in hunting, tranquing decent tames

People to stupid to breed

Whats the difficulty in tranquing every 130+ Rex or whatever tame you wanna use and if it does not have the right stats, kill it and move on? Thats skill?
After that you only have to use your brain a bit, what you breed and what not. For that, there are some awesome videoguides out there. 

As mentioned many Times before. Dragon is the only "hard" Boss in Ark. And not cause the fight itself is a masterbiece in Bossdesign, no, never seen such stupid stuff. Its only hard, cause of the 25% MaxHPDrain. So You have to outDps that bullpoop. But thats not hard, its stupid and also has nothing to do with skil.

The Manticore is the only way to farm element on scorched... Dragon and Manticore on Ragnarok. This is not a trivial thing that there is another way to do. The fact that no one on official has successfully defeated the dragon on the new servers after 5 weeks just shows how hard it really is. What other game do you know where it takes over a month to defeat one of the lesser bosses?

Just now, NathanAndDaddy said:

no one on official has successfully defeated the dragon on the new servers after 5 weeks just shows how hard it really is

Again. its not hard. Using poorly programmed mechanics ( MaxHPDrain Attack ) does not meen its hard. It only takes time.
After you got enough good Rexes its Cake. You only have to deal with the Amount of tames that survive the Fight due to retarded mechanic.

And again. That does not require any Skill.

And dont get me wrong. I  also think restricting some Bosses to a certain map is bullpoop.
Arguing it has something to do with the Story of Ark. Trollolol... Who the hell cares for such a stupid Story. Its the same like in Destiny, where you were forced to read on official  Forums to learn about the Lore.

If not implemented ingame, there is no such thing called Story. ExplorerNotes, what a nonsense... 

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived