v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

Thats a topic discussed for Ages now. Not the first Thread about it. With my 8k Hours played, way over 6k on official, sry to say that, i cant see a difference in boss difficulty on an official settings dedicated.
Killed all of em multiple Times.

If some of you Guys think you get bigger balls by playing official, talking nonsense does not prove that.

All the Bosses never were more than Tank and Spank poop. It has nothing to do with skill, to breed and raise some bosstames.

And thats the Point that brought me to leave official behind. The only Thing you do in Lategame is farming meat etc for your hatchlings, send some noobs to collect artifacts etc for Tribute and let the rest of your Tribes go on rampage, so no other Tribes/ Alliances mean a Threat.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Olivar said:

The dino's are weaker than official has already been posted. The maximum level a dino can be is 150 on official, ours were 120 summons from TheIsland.
Our difficulty setting however is kept the same, meaning we took down the boss, three times, with weaker dino's.

So less whining, more dragon killing.

I have those stats already and MC BP for theri saddles with 88.5 armor, easy can get 90+ with full crafting skills, they are doable on regular smithy because only need 59 ish slots.

Will start getting ready soon.

30 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

lol wut???? so your theri stats are pretty much higher than most from official after years of stat breeding. And i will say i have basically never ever seen a yut hitting close to 60k. Also there are many parts of difficulty 5 vs difficulty 4 that have to do with a lot of things not just dino levels

so a theris 150 perfect imprint would have to only have 12 pts in stam, oxy, food, weight and zero wasted points. then the taming rolls would have to both go completely into hp and melee. then you would have to completely level the theri to a max level of around 294. at that point you could have 30k hp and 600 melee. This is based on stat calc in dododex, taking level 150 and factoring a 223 tame level then adding 71 leveling levels. If you did an avg between hp and melee you would have to have post tamed stats of 90ish points in hp and 90ish point in melee

As for a yuty with 60k hp that is 267 point in hp......lol

Based on this i guess the best chance is to find a gm and get some god critters spawned

And i have not called you liars even once. What i HAVE said and stand by is that dedis and sp are NOT mirrors of official.

Her stats are sound, and reasonably doable.

A bred, 100% imprinted yuty with 43 wild levels and 70 tamed levels in hp is 60,572.5 HP with 1 tamed level to spare.

Similarly, a 100% imprinted theriz with 43 wild levels in HP and 51 tamed levels is 37,624.4 HP and with 43 wild and 20 tamed levels in melee is 606.7%

and getting up to 50 wild levels in a single stat is possible, not even counting mutations that can go farther.

I'd love to see a source other than rumors and speculation that unofficial at difficulty 5 is any different than official. Why would it be? like have you ever known the devs to go out of their way to do extra coding they don't have to? xD

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

lol wut???? so your theri stats are pretty much higher than most from official after years of stat breeding. And i will say i have basically never ever seen a yut hitting close to 60k. Also there are many parts of difficulty 5 vs difficulty 4 that have to do with a lot of things not just dino levels

so a theris 150 perfect imprint would have to only have 12 pts in stam, oxy, food, weight and zero wasted points. then the taming rolls would have to both go completely into hp and melee. then you would have to completely level the theri to a max level of around 294. at that point you could have 30k hp and 600 melee. This is based on stat calc in dododex, taking level 150 and factoring a 223 tame level then adding 71 leveling levels. If you did an avg between hp and melee you would have to have post tamed stats of 90ish points in hp and 90ish point in melee

As for a yuty with 60k hp that is 267 point in hp......lol

Based on this i guess the best chance is to find a gm and get some god critters spawned

And i have not called you liars even once. What i HAVE said and stand by is that dedis and sp are NOT mirrors of official.

I'm laughing right now. Those are the stats AFTER they've been max-leveled up 71 times and also been bred and imprinted... Those stats are NOT freshly tamed Theriz.

But do educate me O wise one...AFTER they've been fully leveled, what kind of stats would you say are a decent if not above average Therizino hmmm? Do tell because then I'll have a goal myself to aim for so that you can stop your snarky know-it-all attitude.

Let's do some more educating. I went back out and started BREEDING Theriz's instead of just outright spawning them in. Theriz's were hatching at level 244. Given that when you tame a lvl 150 Theri (those exist on official no? Gasp! They do!) with kibble, it'll tame out at lvl 224. Good gosh that's quite close to lvl 244 isn't it? And my gosh look at that. They were actually bred a little to get to level 244 hatching! Their stats were not the greatest hatching either, maybe like 5k health? (need to recheck this, it might be wrong) And you know what else? A carefully bred Theriz could have MANY more points into it's health and melee if the breeder knew to breed in SUPER low Oxy and Food onto it from a much lower level Theri, freeing up precious point space for those lovely melee and health mutations that, dare I say, with much time can be bred into the Theriz's lineage. I didn't think I had to sit here and tell you how to breed right but apparently I had to, to show you that those nice points in health and melee came from somewhere and not JUST from their nice tame rolls.

And that Yuty had pretty much ALL of it's level up points into Health, with one into weight. It's funny too because the Yuty was not spawned in either. Wasn't even bred right, I just tamed two wild parents and made them have a baby. It was born, raised AND imprinted to adulthood, hatched at level 219 I believe, something around that. When it was imprinted, it had almost 9k health. Do you really think pumping ALL the level up into health wouldn't let it break 60k at the sacrifice of everything else? Do the math...it totally could.

But yeah I'll ask again. What kind of good Theri stats are YOU gonna claim is above average for officials? And they must be fully leveled up! =) Gotta lower the bar apparently so I can prove it can STILL be done afterall. (also don't expect a video because I dont' have the software for it. I'm going to half expect even when I post my findings that my more than half of my post-count rep wont' prove to you that I'm trustworthy anyway, so I could just be wasting time).

So chop chop. Gimme YOUR list of good official stat'ed stuff! Yuty included!

2 hours ago, Ulta said:

Honestly at this point if it'll put this terrible rumor to rest, then I gotta try. I'm tired of being called a liar when I'm pretty darn sure that a fresh unofficial server with the same difficulty and no singleplayer setting is the exact same as an official server...so long as you don't mess with the settings.

@Jatheish

@Jen

30 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

I'm pointing out this comment specifically because it sounds like you've got a fundamental misunderstanding of mechanics. Perhaps I'm just nitpicking here, but there's an extremely important distinction to make for those who will eventually read this thread. 

As far as mechanics go, there's no difference between a spawned in animal and an animal of the same level that spawns in the wild. They will both have different stats due to the RNG mechanic applied to dino stat levels, but the same mechanics using the same RNG stat-allocation still apply to both. The server doesn't care whether the dino naturally occurred, or if the admin asked the server to spawn one in...it applies the same coding to each. Granted, an unofficial server admin could spawn in thirty lvl150 dinos and pick the best...that's more cheesey, but even if you do that the tame is still something that would naturally occur in the wild...not some "god critter."

That said, the data in this thread is good. People can weave whatever conspiracies they like, but it's now abundantly clear that the bosses can be beaten with official settings. It's obviously up to the individual to accept or dismiss the data provided within this thread, but dismissing it only demonstrates that the individual will dismiss anything in their pursuit of validation. Those are the folks who assume conspiracy all the time...a collection of cynical people with wild assertions unburdened by evidence or fact.

Just now, LouSpowells said:

That said, the data in this thread is good. People can weave whatever conspiracies they like, but it's now abundantly clear that the bosses can be beaten with official settings. It's obviously up to the individual to accept or dismiss the data provided within this thread, but dismissing it only demonstrates that the individual will dismiss anything in their pursuit of validation. Those are the folks who assume conspiracy all the time...a collection of cynical people with wild assertions unburdened by evidence or fact.

XBOX Private vs Official Servers[edit | edit source]

It is currently impossible to replicate official settings on private, the bosses difficulty is hard-coded and the game prevents you from setting the boss to the same hardness as official. Even though the settings allow you to set the server difficultly to 5, this setting does not fully carry over to the arenas...

From wiki. No idea if this is accurate or not, but would you take the chance if you could lose a week's worth of breeding

3 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

From wiki. No idea if this is accurate or not, but would you take the chance if you could lose a week's worth of breeding

You mean the Curse Wiki? Yeah its known for its accuracy and Relevance. Sarcasm off.

And who the hell is using Tames for  Bossfights, that cant be replaced by Simply hatching a new Egg?

Strat for Alpha Broodmother ( doable with less Tames ):

1 Yuti ( Stats do not really matter. 3k+ Stam will help with spaming) 

1 Daeodon - 10k+ Life 100k Food is enough

18 Rexes 30k Life 700 melee

Have One tribemate clear the little Spiders. Rest Tank and Spank

Megapithecus: Same Setup as above. 

Ride with your Pig to the Top of the Steps. Shoot hin. Run back.

Yeah. Tank and spank again.

For Dragon. Get way better Rexes and hope enough of em survive that broken Breathattack. But again.  TANK AND SPANK

16 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

It is currently impossible to replicate official settings on private, the bosses difficulty is hard-coded and the game prevents you from setting the boss to the same hardness as official. Even though the settings allow you to set the server difficultly to 5, this setting does not fully carry over to the arenas...

Sorry, I'm speaking directly about the PC version in the post you quoted....considering this thread is about the v271.0 patch I didn't feel it was necessary to make the distinction.

3 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

And here's another shower thought for you guys, can any flying Dino's at all go to dragon? If so, could you take the Phoenix? It's supposed to heal from fire damage right? I mean even if just for a distraction?

Nah you can't take any flyers legit into the dragon arena. So can't be a strategy (Ark devs are anti-fun afterall, using a phoenix would be sooo fun).

3 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

I just wondering guys, I haven't been passed the monkey King, and only read part of the replies here, but I just wondering what if you mindwipe your character and did like 75% fortitude 25% health? Would that have any effect on the damage you personally would take from the dragon?

The fortitude can help you bare the heat of the arena better, but I'm unsure if it lowers the damage you'd take if you got caught on fire. I wanna say no, but I could be wrong. Obviously more health on your toon is nice, but if you do the fight correctly, your toon should barely get hit by the dragon. The flyers it spawns will probably hit you sometimes, but that's why you want other players with you to pick them off before they kill you or the person on the Yuty.

The issue in this thread isn't really your toon's survival-ability anyway. It's more like...everything else lol.

4 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Ignoring the fact you mentioned Xbox (which I swore this thread wasn't about, since it was patch 271.0 which isn't on Xbox), I can't find anywhere in the wiki where it states this?

Where should I look for the exact quote? Even then I never trust the Wiki...and so far I am seeing that as long as your Difficulty is set to 5, singleplayer settings are off, and you don't mess with any stat multipliers and making sure the Difficulty Offset is set to 1.0 (which my server is), then it's a spitting image of an official server.

@Jatheish @Jen @lilpanda @TheRightHand Could use some more clarity still please devs!

7 hours ago, Kayin said:

Does anyone have a working strat for an alpha boss post 271?

Working on it at the moment. We're breeding our theri's further to have a go at alpha dragon.
We have already killed alpha broodmother and monkey successfully with rexes.

6 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

I just wondering guys, I haven't been passed the monkey King, and only read part of the replies here, but I just wondering what if you mindwipe your character and did like 75% fortitude 25% health? Would that have any effect on the damage you personally would take from the dragon?

I usually use my standard build for any boss, mind you I am level 90 at the moment:

• 450+ health
  • 300 weight
  • 24 fortitude
  • 150%+ melee damage
2 hours ago, Ulta said:

Ignoring the fact you mentioned Xbox (which I swore this thread wasn't about, since it was patch 271.0 which isn't on Xbox), I can't find anywhere in the wiki where it states this?

Where should I look for the exact quote? Even then I never trust the Wiki...and so far I am seeing that as long as your Difficulty is set to 5, singleplayer settings are off, and you don't mess with any stat multipliers and making sure the Difficulty Offset is set to 1.0 (which my server is), then it's a spitting image of an official server.

@Jatheish @Jen @lilpanda @TheRightHand Could use some more clarity still please devs!

Cause it isn't.
On PC server hosting you have FULL control over all configuration and settings.
Replicating an official is perfectly possible.

The wiki is outdated and in many places simply wrong.

The stats i listed where based on using dododex dino stat calc. And adding points to get the stat values u claim. I am well aware of breeding and how it works and what you look for in a wild tame and improving stats. And based on how easy u get those stats up. Maybe that is the dif. Maybe they get better scalings ect. And should you need to breed god mode theris for months just to successfully kill an easy boss. The better theris i saw on market would end up around 700 melee with about 15k hp. Not complete full leveled but about 2/3 leveled. Those where many many generations in of breeding.

3 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

The stats i listed where based on using dododex dino stat calc. And adding points to get the stat values u claim. I am well aware of breeding and how it works and what you look for in a wild tame and improving stats. And based on how easy u get those stats up. Maybe that is the dif. Maybe they get better scalings ect. And should you need to breed god mode theris for months just to successfully kill an easy boss. The better theris i saw on market would end up around 700 melee with about 15k hp. Not complete full leveled but about 2/3 leveled. Those where many many generations in of breeding.

Scaling wouldn't be it either. My server has it all set to 1 (which is not only default, but the same as official I'd assume. Even the wiki stats that I'm sure).

You are still not making any sense. Someone already just told you the stats on the Theriz is possible. And you are aren't even giving me the stats YOU claim ARE do-able, so you know what? I ain't wasting my time anymore. I'm going back to having fun instead. There's already a much braver soul on officials who said their gonna try out our build, so have fun not doing anything to prove yourself right (cause you haven't proved us wrong otherwise. Everything you've thrown at us has been debunked.)

4 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Scaling wouldn't be it either. My server has it all set to 1 (which is not only default, but the same as official I'd assume. Even the wiki stats that I'm sure).

You are still not making any sense. Someone already just told you the stats on the Theriz is possible. And you are aren't even giving me the stats YOU claim ARE do-able, so you know what? I ain't wasting my time anymore. I'm going back to having fun instead. There's already a much braver soul on officials who said their gonna try out our build, so have fun not doing anything to prove yourself right (cause you haven't proved us wrong otherwise. Everything you've thrown at us has been debunked.)

i dont have my old dino stats from legacy, so i am basing off memory form some good ones i saw traded and i used. and the dododex stat calculator. one guys says the stats possible.... so lets see evidence aside from ur boosted dedi. And i will continue to pursue the bosses on official as i have done in the past. maybe get on the real servers and prove ur point instead of promoting a boosted dedi theory and waiting on somebody on official to try it for you.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

i dont have my old dino stats from legacy, so i am basing off memory form some good ones i saw traded and i used. and the dododex stat calculator. one guys says the stats possible.... so lets see evidence aside from ur boosted dedi. And i will continue to pursue the bosses on official as i have done in the past. maybe get on the real servers and prove ur point instead of promoting a boosted dedi theory and waiting on somebody on official to try it for you.

I think @Ulta has made it pretty clear she's not playing on a boosted server. So you might want to go ahead and drop that since repeating the same untruth over and over again might be considered trolling/flaming somebody.

16 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Thanks but I already DID prove it...you just aren't believing me. Olivar did too, and you STILL didn't believe it. Why should I go on official servers to prove myself wrong? Thanks, but I ain't wasting my time when I've already proved it's do-able.

Love how you assume as well that the server is 'boosted'. How was it boosted exactly when it's Difficulty 5 (same as official), doesn't have singleplayer on (same as official), I JUST told you the server has all it's stat multipliers set to 1 (which means no boost at all, AND is the same as official), and the only think that's 'boosted' doesn't affect stats AT ALL (faster breeding, taming, hatching timers). Even the imprinting multiplier is at 1.

Dododex didn't prove anything, especially when @SingleSidedPCBpretty much showed you were wrong. (personally I don't use dododex anyway. Much prefer just using what the game gives me, like stat numbers and my own documenting). Plus you didn't even acknowledge that all those points you claimed we're impossible were AFTER leveling up the dino to it's max.

Anyway, have fun making the crawl up to boss status on your official. I'm going back to having fun. Good luck whenever you reach it. Maybe once I feel generous again I'll do another test, but given my Island server is gonna expire in a few days, and the fact that you've been heavily ungrateful for us taking time to even bother trying to do some tests, probably not.

Thanks to everyone who wasn't blinded though. Good luck on your future boss attempts you lovely people you! =)

38 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

If you want proof that the bosses can be done using dinos found on official servers, you already have it. Whether you choose to accept it is obviously your prerogative, but the simple fact that you are so casually dismissing the proof indicates that you are lacking significant knowledge on the topic. Instead of attempting to gather more knowledge, you're basking in your ignorance. Again, your prerogative...but right now the only person you are convincing with your arguments is yourself. Have fun with that.

25 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Difficulty 5 is one setting. pls screen shot all settings or there is no evidence it is in fact NOT a boosted server. As for singlesidedpcb they provided no source for their values either. I used the dododex stat calculator that is my source if it  is wrong it is wrong but with no other source what makes singlesidedpcb's quote of stats valid vs a sight that we use for reference for the game all the time. Im not at saying it is not viable at all i am saying it is exceptionally difficult to get to test the theory and that a dedi or a singleplayer mode is not a direct comparison. You want to PROVE it is exactly the same then get it from an ark rep and then show your settings side by side with the official settings. Otherwise you are just yelling the same claim over and over without adequate evidence. the whole point in "official" as a reference is bc that is fully controlled by wc not a player, and is standardized.

dododex is a taming calculator for wild stats, as is stated on the calculator page itself. It is not meant for tamed, bred, imprinted stats.

I used the excellent ARK Smart Breeding application found here https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

It has a very nice Stat testing tab one can use to input base wild stats, and view what they will be with any amount of imprinting and level ups.

If you want proof, download it yourself and input the stats as i posted them and you'll quickly see. should take ~2 mins.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Back to the topic at hand. The dragon fight since 271.

On our unofficial pre-271, we were able to beat the easy dragon with moderate stat rexes, theriz and mammoths...we were also able to beat the medium dragon, but with losses..we've only done the medium dragon once post 271 (with theriz), and the yuty didn't teleport...heavy losses but we won.

Funny thing is, we beat the easy and medium tek cave boss with much less trouble than the dragon haha.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived