Wow this flyer nerf is beyond overkill.

ReturnToArk

On 25/07/2017 at 5:05 PM, Assisted said:

The game for most people is still played with 90% of their time being spent on a flyer. To Me, that just shows they obviously weren't nerfed that bad 

No it shows that this game was made for flyers,  like the whole centre map,  and no matter how bad they mess them up we need them to access certain places,  hence they are a vital part of the game. My baryonyx is way faster and more fun to travel on but there are places he just can't reach so we are forced to use frustratingly slow and low stam flyers. 

The fact that you would ask for more nerfs shows me that you are a troll and don't play ark 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

No it shows that this game was made for flyers,  like the whole centre map,  and no matter how bad they mess them up we need them to access certain places,  hence they are a vital part of the game. My baryonyx is way faster and more fun to travel on but there are places he just can't reach so we are forced to use frustratingly slow and low stam flyers. 

The fact that you would ask for more nerfs shows me that you are a troll and don't play ark 

Can you point out where in my post I said they needed to be nerfed even more? 

And that's a pretty dumb comment about me "not playing ark". Ask anyone who plays this game what their most used tame is and I'm willing to bet they tell you it's one of the flyers. So yes, clearly they aren't as bad as you say they are if the majority of people still live on them 

8 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I have no idea what game you are playing but the quetz is the only flyer that is close to "useless" and that's only because of its speed and stam, weight wise it is still the dominant flyer for farming vast quantities.

Ptera is useful for scouting, as it should be

Argent is good for fighting anything sub alphas/gigas/titans and mid level hauling

Wyvern is good for defense and mid-high haulage

My high level Ptera/Argents can fly from one side of the map to the other without landing, with a couple of sprints between.  People just wanna be able to full sprint the whole map and back again like the old days, never gonna happen.

I'm playing a game that officially releases in 2 weeks and still runs like crap mate. What game are you playing?

4 hours ago, BeardO said:

Try more forges to cook the metal faster.  And great you don't have to land, which proves it didn't make it harder, just takes longer.  What's wrong with that?  Nothing I suppose other than it's boring as hell.  And your 30 minutes verse 20 really depends on where you are located in reference to the nodes now doesn't it.  Not to mention there is more than metal to gather, how about scouting for a high level dino to tame?  Honestly that is one of the biggest time sinks in the game.  Even with a high speed bird it could take an hour just to realize there isn't a 120 rex currently on the map.  So then you have to go and kill a bunch of stuff with a land dino...oh wait no that's right everyone only uses birds, so you grab your argy...wait can't because they suck now...so back to land dino which is fine.  Spend another hour killing everything and waiting for new spawns and then do fly around again to see if RNG favors you. 

I hear you, do all of those things hundreds of times.

I guess I just look at thing differently.

I mean they do spell out the type of game it is and one of the first things they mention is "Hardcore", hence the difficulty of things, some more than others.

Myself personally, that's the type of game I enjoy and let me tell you, there are not too many out there anymore.

That is ANOTHER reason I am glad the reset the flyers to where they are.

The flyer nerf was an easy way to knock out two birds with one stone...do you remember max speed mounts causing discconects like crazy because your flying way to fast for the game to properly render which would cause crashes. Also you could see bases before the environment loading in making finding hidden bases easy. As well as making them easier to kill in PvP...i guess max speed flyers were hell to target. Either way they should have implemented a severe reduction in the speed gained per level lole land dinos or gave speed on dinos a cap. 

38 minutes ago, Assisted said:

And that's a pretty dumb comment about me "not playing ark". Ask anyone who plays this game what their most used tame is and I'm willing to bet they tell you it's one of the flyers. So yes, clearly they aren't as bad as you say they are if the majority of people still live on them 

I believe this is a "pretty dumb comment."  Unless WC nerfs the fliers to fly slower than an encumbered griffin they will always be the preferred mount because you can fly over rough obstacles and terrain.  That doesn't mean they aren't bad, they still suck, but people will use them because you can't run on any mount in a straight line from point A to point B, however you certainly can fly that route.

39 minutes ago, Cripling said:

I believe this is a "pretty dumb comment."  Unless WC nerfs the fliers to fly slower than an encumbered griffin they will always be the preferred mount because you can fly over rough obstacles and terrain.  That doesn't mean they aren't bad, they still suck, but people will use them because you can't run on any mount in a straight line from point A to point B, however you certainly can fly that route.

That's my point though. They are the safest, fastest, and easiest way of getting around the island. Not to mention the fact that argents and quetzels are able to pick up dinos for far easier taming/harvesting. 

Are they as good as they used to be? Obviously not, but they aren't as useless as some people are making them out to be.

I've been playing the game since release, and for basically the last 6 months was running a no flying server. Honestly the most enjoyable experience I've had playing the game seeing the amount of dinos being used that wouldn't be otherwise, and after getting used to no flying and getting back into official you really see how dependant a lot of people are on flying tames.

You can almost guarantee on official pvp if you run into someone (besides noobs spawning in) they are on a flying tame. When you get offline raided, you can almost guarantee your tribe log will say it was a wyvern that killed everything etc.. 

2 hours ago, Assisted said:

Can you point out where in my post I said they needed to be nerfed even more? 

Therizino.

8 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

Same here. It's like PC forgets or doesn't know it's on console. 

Yeah, as part of the PCMR, I am often oblivious to the fact that there are gaming platforms out there that have nothing except overpriced under performing hardware and overly expensive games while being the epitome of anti-consumerism and ultimately sketchy, and morally questionable business practices, often resulting in lies like "TRUE 4K"! I tend to try and forget such atrocities. My bad.

7 hours ago, BeardO said:

Already did, and it's called a discussion.  IF you don't want to be a part of it you don't have to ;)

Really just surprised it's still an issue with so many after such a long time. It's really stupid that there's still so many cry babies on this specific topic.

9 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am on xbox, can't download the mod ;)

Well, I guess it's your fault for putting yourself in such a heavily restricted gaming environment. Sorry for your loss.... err, your inability to access such great content. 

1 hour ago, WickedRecluse said:

Really just surprised it's still an issue with so many after such a long time. It's really stupid that there's still so many cry babies on this specific topic.

I'm curious, does it give you a sense of empowerment calling someone a whiner or crybaby when they disagree with your opinion?  Might want to see a psychiatrist about that if it does.

9 minutes ago, BeardO said:

I'm curious, does it give you a sense of empowerment calling someone a whiner or crybaby when they disagree with your opinion?  Might want to see a psychiatrist about that if it does.

Nope, I don't need that same sense of empowerment that you clearly seek. I think it's absolutely raptoring retarded that people are still whining on the subject after so long. THAT is my opinion. YOU'RE the one with an issue with others, mine, opinions. Which is shown by your failed verbal assault. Take this L.

17 hours ago, WickedRecluse said:

Yeah, as part of the PCMR, I am often oblivious to the fact that there are gaming platforms out there that have nothing except overpriced under performing hardware and overly expensive games while being the epitome of anti-consumerism and ultimately sketchy, and morally questionable business practices, often resulting in lies like "TRUE 4K"! I tend to try and forget such atrocities. My bad.

Well, I guess it's your fault for putting yourself in such a heavily restricted gaming environment. Sorry for your loss.... err, your inability to access such great content. 

Well sorry I don't have enough money to afford a decent PC gaming rig. I'll just remeber my place as console peasant and shut up then. 

On a serious note its note my fault that they nerfed the flyers to the point that some players feel they have to resort to mods. Yes a nerf was probably needed, but some of us think it went a little to far.

15 hours ago, BeardO said:

When someone can't argue with a person's point of view, they tend to resort to attacks on the person. (Ad Hominem). Once those attacks start, it isn't even a discussion any further.

Archived