Wow this flyer nerf is beyond overkill.

ReturnToArk

I recently started playing this game again.  I'm not going to argue that birds were overpowered before and yeah they probably should have been slowned down a bit, but my God!

Talk about going from one extreme to the other.  I literally don't even want to fly anywhere anymore.  I'd rather run and get metal before I go get some with an Argy.  I haven't been a member of this forum long or anything, but people agree with that right?  Flyers are garbage now.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ReturnToArk said:

I recently started playing this game again.  I'm not going to argue that birds were overpowered before and yeah they probably should have been slowned down a bit, but my God!

Talk about going from one extreme to the other.  I literally don't even want to fly anywhere anymore.  I'd rather run and get metal before I go get some with an Argy.  I haven't been a member of this forum long or anything, but people agree with that right?  Flyers are garbage now.

Nah, you get used to it, makes the game more interesting too, flyers fit more of a role, individually, now.. 

20 minutes ago, ReturnToArk said:

I haven't been a member of this forum long or anything, but people agree with that right?  Flyers are garbage now.

There was a LOT of discussion regarding the flyer rebalance. Some people agree, some still cant accept the changes...

I know, it is a bit of a shock at first but you get used to it and (propably) find that it is better how they are now. Flyers are still the fastest and safest option for getting from point A to point B. Compare a flyer to a land mount which fulfils a comparable role, the flyer will always be better.

And they are still really okay for fighting (although they are such fragile creatures)

The only flyer i really like are the griffins. I don't use the pter or tape at all for me they have lost its place (on pve). Argents are usefull if you need to haul much and don't have/want to use a quetz, which is usefull for stuff like mining while flying or transport large dinos over obstacles. Wyverns if you need to kill something.

As alternative griffins and wyvern can ne considered as light hauler.

Still i avoid using any flyer besides griffin/wyvern if i can as i really dislike the snail speed of the others. Yes a 300+% pter was too fast an gamebreaking in pvp but the 136%( or around that) are just too slow, i rather use a speedboosted landmount. And no, wildlife is barly more than a annoyance on them (besides alpha rexes and gigas).

45 minutes ago, ReturnToArk said:

Lol yeah I agree,  the game got ruined with that nerf,  even worse was at the same time they changed the whole UI,  changed the graphics,  and the Dino sounds and took me from 105 too 100 and took levels off all the birds I was breeding for months. They did all that to distract from how bad the flyer nerf was. Argys are the least of your worries wait till you fly on a quetz,  slow no stam and makes stupid noises.

They should just undo everything from that point so they can have a fun game on release 

29 minutes ago, Mardagg said:

The only flyer i really like are the griffins. I don't use the pter or tape at all for me they have lost its place (on pve). Argents are usefull if you need to haul much and don't have/want to use a quetz, which is usefull for stuff like mining while flying or transport large dinos over obstacles. Wyverns if you need to kill something.

As alternative griffins and wyvern can ne considered as light hauler.

Still i avoid using any flyer besides griffin/wyvern if i can as i really dislike the snail speed of the others. Yes a 300+% pter was too fast an gamebreaking in pvp but the 136%( or around that) are just too slow, i rather use a speedboosted landmount. And no, wildlife is barly more than a annoyance on them (besides alpha rexes and gigas).

I have a wyvern with a little over 1700 weight and ok stam.  Combine that with an anky with 1400 weight.  I can make fast 6000 metal runs several times a day.

7 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

wait till you fly on a quetz,  slow no stam and makes stupid noises.

I wont contradict on the noises :D, and yes, the quetz is slow, but its stam is not that bad and its role is the one of the big weight carrier with platform saddle, like the bronto or paracer for the land mounts. Now compare how fast and safe u can do a metal run on a paracer/bronto to how fast and safe you are with a quetz...

13 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

and took levels off all the birds I was breeding for months. They did all that to distract from how bad the flyer nerf was.

What u talk about here was actually a little buff for flyers, as they cant "waste" points into speed anymore when wild, so they only took the lvls ur tames had wasted from them

1 hour ago, ReturnToArk said:

yep...the nerf was a good thing.

2 minutes ago, AngryChris73 said:

We only really use our quetz's for taming purposes, but they do need a 10-15% movement speed buff. We're on ps4 but the quetzal platform is very glitchy, cant put animals on it, fall through 24/7

I prefer our quetz, yes its pre jet propulsion speeds but its nice just crawling over the landscape and not having to worry about much other than the direction you're flying in

we're lucky in that we built our establishment right on Frozen Tooth so plenty of metal and just a short trip to the volcano for crystal. with a 480MD anklio and 650 carry weight we're mining about 2000 ore, loading the quetz with 4k ore every trip back and forth.

flyers may have been nerfed but still useful for the laid back approach

It's absolutely painful to use any flier other than a griffin, and barely tolerable to fly wyverns.  I don't have as much time as I used to, so I can't spend 30 minutes traveling on horseback or any other land mount where obstacles become a thing.

Eventually I'm going to have to tame a quetz again to transport slower dinos like my cave dimorphs, and it's going to be absolutely terrible.

5 hours ago, ReturnToArk said:

I bet you were in shock....

Archived