PVE theft - Need advise

Keltten

Hello,

Recently My tribe has been allowing people to join our tribe in killing bosses to unlocked tek and do Tek Cave runs. Sadly we had an oversight and did not have a process in place to remove them after the fights....

As people love exploiting people one person who joined (well 2) decided to come back later and blow up our base and steal vaults full of ASC and MC blueprints and all our element. These thieves (3 of them) used a third person to possibly fly a quetz into our sealed off base after blowing holes into it. Blowing up our Vaults and Replicator and other crafting systems to steal about everything. As we did not have metal on hand they could not of used the element and we can only guess they deleted it with our stored head stockpile (they blew up my mounted head collection as well.)

They also blew up our armor and weapon vaults to steal our valuables. Fridges for Eggs and Kibble and Fert Eggs (Boss level rexs).

I know who they are (Logs) and what server they came from (Logs again) (Names omitted for now in the case we can get action taken against  them.)

Is there anything we can do besides let the public know their names (left out for now) and what they did? They did theft and blew holes in our base does that count for anything?

Estimated theft/Loss

10 15k 525 melee rex fet eggs

4 giga eggs 240+ melee

and additional of Petra and Ank fert eggs

at least 100-200 of each kibble (not snake kibble)

500+ element

at least one full suit of Tek

2 vaults worth of Asc BP's

2 Vaults worth of MC BP's

100 of each egg (Minus Theirz, boa, and alo)

Boss Heads unknown exact amount (Gamma Beta and Alpha heads and multi-value heads)

6-10 crafting stations 1 grinder 1 tek generator 1 transmitter

50+ Metal floors 75-100 metal walls 500 - 1000 + Glass wall/ceilings 

2 minutes ago, booned said:

I don't think there is much you can do. Report them and learn from your mistakes. Put together a tribe hierarchy preventing these boss boosters from doing anything other than riding Dino's.

They had Rank 0. They could only ride their own dinos. They used what we think was RPG or C4 to blow up our stuff and look the bags. PVP in PVE by being in the tribe. 

Same thing happened to us and my tribe mate blacklisted them on all trading clubs except for here cause you can't name and shame and then went to the server reached out to others and got some people willing to kite him when he was online. Before we knew it the kids cousin is reaching out to us to give our stuff back. We didn't get near what we lost but got a little back.

1 minute ago, FredFlinstoner said:

Same thing happened to us and my tribe mate blacklisted them on all trading clubs except for here cause you can't name and shame and then went to the server reached out to others and got some people willing to kite him when he was online. Before we knew it the kids cousin is reaching out to us to give our stuff back. We didn't get near what we lost but got a little back.

Well with the pending wipe which i am now for... the 3 will only have them for a few weeks. I want to see what i can do anything official properly.. 

3 minutes ago, Keltten said:

Well with the pending wipe which i am now for... the 3 will only have them for a few weeks. I want to see what i can do anything official properly.. 

They didn't break any rules so no there is nothing you can officially do. I feel for you this was 2 weeks ago when happened to my tribe it sucks that people are like that. Did they totally wipe you or do you still have a foot on the ground?

There is nothing they did wrong, there is no grounds for name and shame, and you will not get compensated for this.

It may suck, but this is 100% the fault of your tribe admins, this is the very reason the tribe permissions is a thing, i sometimes invite people to my tribe to fly them around for example, and they always join in the default group which has no permission to do anything at all, cant even whistle a dino.

You think this is bad...you should check out the espionage and thievery that happens in EVE. 

You can take people into bossfights without being in a tribe or even alliance. All ground mounts (except flyers, thyla, giga etc.) and all players that are on the Platform will be portet to the boss. (within the limit of 20 tames/10 players)

If you want to invite strangers, just unclaim a animal for them. If they don't give it back it's not such a great loss.

11 hours ago, Keltten said:

This is hippocritical. You had stuff and didn't want a wipe, lost a bunch of stuff and now want a wipe. How is that fair to everyone else? How are we to feel sorry for you then? 

13 hours ago, Keltten said:

Hello,

Recently My tribe has been allowing people to join our tribe in killing bosses to unlocked tek and do Tek Cave runs. Sadly we had an oversight and did not have a process in place to remove them after the fights....

As people love exploiting people one person who joined (well 2) decided to come back later and blow up our base and steal vaults full of ASC and MC blueprints and all our element. These thieves (3 of them) used a third person to possibly fly a quetz into our sealed off base after blowing holes into it. Blowing up our Vaults and Replicator and other crafting systems to steal about everything. As we did not have metal on hand they could not of used the element and we can only guess they deleted it with our stored head stockpile (they blew up my mounted head collection as well.)

They also blew up our armor and weapon vaults to steal our valuables. Fridges for Eggs and Kibble and Fert Eggs (Boss level rexs).

I know who they are (Logs) and what server they came from (Logs again) (Names omitted for now in the case we can get action taken against  them.)

Is there anything we can do besides let the public know their names (left out for now) and what they did? They did theft and blew holes in our base does that count for anything?

Estimated theft/Loss

10 15k 525 melee rex fet eggs

4 giga eggs 240+ melee

and additional of Petra and Ank fert eggs

at least 100-200 of each kibble (not snake kibble)

500+ element

at least one full suit of Tek

2 vaults worth of Asc BP's

2 Vaults worth of MC BP's

100 of each egg (Minus Theirz, boa, and alo)

Boss Heads unknown exact amount (Gamma Beta and Alpha heads and multi-value heads)

6-10 crafting stations 1 grinder 1 tek generator 1 transmitter

50+ Metal floors 75-100 metal walls 500 - 1000 + Glass wall/ceilings 

Careful who you allow to join your tribe that being said explosive friendly fire on structres needs to be removed

immediately after the fight have them unclaim their dino's and boot them from the tribe. Thats your only option, as for the losses live and learn. Or do alliances, aliiances can bring their dino's in without having them in you tribe, and they shouldnt be able to access or destroy any of your stuff. You can then remove them or delete the alliance later if you want to or leave it so you can continue to do bosses together.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:20 PM, Karnivore said:

, this is the very reason the tribe permissions is a thing, i sometimes invite people to my tribe to fly them around for example, and they always join in the default group which has no permission to do anything at all, cant even whistle a dino.

You think this is bad...you should check out the espionage and thievery that happens in EVE. 

They had a Rank of 0 no permissions. 

On 7/18/2017 at 8:34 AM, Musketeer said:

So you lost stuff and have nothing.. so you want everyone else have nothing too. How typical lol

exactly, pvp mindset :S

why not list their names out? if they did that to me id for sure expose them here, if ure scared of getting banned make another acc and make reply with their names. Thats least they deserve, to be exposed. You can also send me PM witt their names, I'm really curious who it was.

Archived