Let's talk about the Griffin

Ulta

3 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

birds = reptile pretty much

Genetically, I guess. But I've still always quartered them off as their own separate... things. Kind of like cats and whales. They occupy two different ecological niches and are visually distinct to the point where you really don't give them a comparison. At least I don't. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Genetically, I guess. But I've still always quartered them off as their own separate... things. Kind of like cats and whales. They occupy two different ecological niches and are visually distinct to the point where you really don't give them a comparison. At least I don't. 

cats and whales lololol

I remember that meme ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yer i think wc will never let you breed them they have realised that most tribes never tame anything anymore so as an attempt to get us to use this mechanic more often i assume there making new creatures easier to tame than breed or in this case impossible to tame.... not a fan of all the fantasy bs but i sort off want one lol 

Apparently, the Griffin's not the best combat animal. Which I'm sorta thankful for. Wouldn't be a fan of Wyvern 2.0, considering both are able to move by land or air and have at the very least decent mobility/speed. Its mediocre combat ability coupled with its great mobility (minus turning radius) and rider weaponry bonus seems like it'll make it actually fun to use.  

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Unfortunatly this isnt the map you hope for yet. Unfinished ground mesh, plus a lot of other bugs.

Flying around in spectator I didn't see issues like that. 

However, it does need to be changed a bit in order to lend itself to base building. Too many potential spots ruined by slopes and the like. 

3 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

They really need to add a breeding option. We need to petition for breeding. 

That being said it doesn't have a level up animation either so I think some things got skipped and it isn't complete.

Hopefully that means breeding gets added as Ragnarok progression keeps proceeding

Here's the big question, though: Would they lay eggs or give live birth... 

Wouldn't mind seeing some breeding, though. They're kinda underwhelming in a lot of areas minus the Cool Factor. Argents just dog them in combat, which is sorta pitiful. 

9 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Here's the big question, though: Would they lay eggs or give live birth... 

Wouldn't mind seeing some breeding, though. They're kinda underwhelming in a lot of areas minus the Cool Factor. Argents just dog them in combat, which is sorta pitiful. 

I think to simplify things they would lay eggs. I realize with the back half of a Lion that seems odd but egg birth for a winged creature makes the most sense.

Imagine trying to push a live creature out of you while it wants to spread its wings lol

7 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Just paint em

That's boring though. It's more fun to work for the colors! Plus they probably meant stat mutations moreso, which you only get through breeding.

I want to be able ot breed them...maybe their stat gain per level is way better than most dino's? Regardless, I wanna breed them...I play on PVE and would like this to be a thing for us who don't do PVP.

Archived