So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

41 minutes ago, chris282 said:

I am now bathing in cement paste, free from the shackles of Big Chitin.

I have, with some reluctance, traded beauty for functionality. I'd recommend the following instructions if your PC is struggling with Ark. I was still thinking of mine as being quite beefy, when it was actually quite beefy about six years ago...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475747492

Big Chitin. I love this, thank you for the laugh. I basically wade through thorny dragons near my base and keratin still isn't as abundant as I'd like.

I'll try the link when I get back home. My old i7 3770 used to be fairly proficient at it's job, but that was a while ago. My 970 should still be okay. My ancient 1tb hdd and the 4g factory ram have been silently screaming for upgrades for years, though. I hope the settings ease up some of the castle lag when i'm out running around.

• Thanks 1

Loaded up SP Valguero and spent the first couple of hours pooping back and forth as I set up a new crop farming area. Went farming for resources until it got boring then did some crafting, plumbed in the industrial cooker and beer barrel at the new farm and set up the industrial grill so I can start mass producing kibbles when the time comes. Then went collecting drops in the hopes of finding a Tapejara saddle or BP, alas it was not to be (again). Flew past the Wyvern scar on my way home and there was only 2 Wyverns hanging out there, one instantly flew off towards 50/50 but the other one (lvl 170) kept circling around a nest. Eventually an argy flew into the scar, whilst chasing my argy, that got the wyverns attention and they flew to the bottom of the trench to argue over food. The Wyvern was so hungry it set itself on fire chasing something in the lava. It then embraced its new affinity for lava and flew into the fire Wyvern depths of the scar. I scoured the now safe scar and found 4 eggs, levels 15, 50, 170 and 175.

• Like 3

I've been breeding Managarmr since I introduced them to my server. 

Had a selection of coloured ones I'd picked up but oddly after breeding a few generations I decided I liked the White/Grey ones best. Especially after I was able to breed out that horrible pink sheen they usually get on their sides. Got a baby without it and boy oh boy did he get put to good use with the ladies haha 

If only there was a way to breed out their corrupted tummys and tails. I really think the model would look better without it but oh well

IMG-f0bf4af6-8482-44a7-aa88-4c07676d686c

IMG-83a4335c-b72a-4a52-9458-14ff1ce66caa

IMG-bf6cd5d9-088e-4f8a-8c81-cfc674629767

I just wish their damn speed didn't go up so much once bred. Moving them around the pen is so annoying when they run at 3 gazillion miles an hour ??

Oh and I had this moment when Viserion decided he'd rather have a nap than give me a lift home. He looked so peaceful I just had to snap a photo ?

IMG-77972706-932f-4ec9-99b6-e3c2b856ddb2

Edited by Nicoli612
  • Like 6

today I joined another tribe on another Extinction server, helped move some items around the base, and brought them some stuff i had crafted to help make the base better, even gave them a few velon eggs to help build up exterior defenses. after helping move stuff around for abit, my tribemates on the main server called me over to do a boss fight.

We were short abit on stuff to do the boss so one tribe member headed out to grab the missing stuff, and i ventured to a friends base, after a long friendly conversation i had worked a deal for the missing tribute, and getting a black wyvern with a red underbelly.   He also gave me a nice doedic and thyla too, i was thrilled :) new breeding lines! After goodbyes I headed back to base.  We collected up our armor and food items, along with a little medi brew and figured we were set...

we set out to do the alpha ape, as two of my tribemates didn't have him yet, so after spending yesterday tossing all the rexs out from cryo to find the best ones, we loaded up the teleporter and took them all over to the green obelisk.  it seems it has become the spot for people to park dinos, surrounded with wyvern, ptera, griffon, rex a few other odd ended dinos, even a phoenix, but we managed to push our rexs in and get them all setup for transport in.  

I explained the tatics for doing the ape before we went in and asked if everyone knew their part, "aye, ready when you are", so i loaded up the tributes and in we headed.  the first thing i hear once im inside is "you want me to start buffing with yuty?" (facepalm) "no, get your rex against the wall here then go pull ape to rex" (laughter) .. okay pulling my leg where ya? so he heads up the bridge and almost fell off going up to pull ape "careful! don't fall off that bridge!".   Once he got pulled down to the rex, that was game over, the rex easily killed the ape, and only a couple took any damage, it was down in 4 minutes.

Once back at base I joke with the yuty rider, tossing him 5 element "thats all you get!" lol, he pulled out his shotgun and proceeded to try to kill me, I laughed. After he was done trying to kill me I tossed him another 50 element and gave the last 55 to the other tribemate.  I'd already done the alpha myself, and sense they needed it, figured splitting the element between them was a good idea, that way the could make some tek suit pieces if they wanted to.

After the long process of parking all the rexs back inside the building, I headed out and gathered meat to feed them all.  once fed the rexs I decided to call it a day, knowing I need to get alot of polymer and obsidian the following day I figured its best if I get well rested, So i laid down on my bay view bed and drifted off to sleep watching the sun set on the horizon.

• Like 4

Today I decided to get some of this event boosted harvesting and taming rather than sleep between shifts at work. I made a 7x7x4 dino garage because I tamed 3 more female velons. Starting to accumulate eggs. I'll make a greenhouse after this shift to get the vegetables for kibble growing. Now to decide what my first kibble tame will be... Maybe a 150 velon haha. These things are so killer for how easy they are to tame. I have my best one at 1100 stam 330 melee and it just shreds anything in sight. I bet a decent velon is a real treat to ride. Option 2 is a pteranodon, which would be the responsible choice given that I have no flyers yet.

• Like 4

Contemplated my castle base design, think I should have rotated the fabricator and put the indy grill closer to the preserving bin. Had I done that I would have a quarter of the base for incubation, a quarter for crafting and the other half for storage and hopefully an indy forge if it fits. Also wondering how high I can put walls up around the foundation edges. The castle walls look fine but it gets very dark at night, I think it might be nice to have a ceiling of hatchframes with light pets on top.

• Like 4

Took the week off from the dev kit, while trying to get anwsers to the issues I faced with my concept.

Did some major progress in my solo series as I finally defeated the alpha dragon & alpha overseer.

Started on SE, which I haven't played in 3 years... jeez the memories.
First 3-4 hours :
-
Tamed a 125 argentavis.
- Tamed a pathetic lvl 5 rex as a "meat farmer".
- Tamed a 120 anky + 20 doed.

Over the week :
- Found a decent plateau high up the mountains left of blue ob.
- Built a miserable 4x3 adobe base as well as a dino gate wall to prevent further carno infestation.
- Got a cryofridge yesterday!
- Kibble tamed a 150 wolf (340 dmg) and a 145 female rex, which ended with 9.5k hp.

I'll most likely tame the first male rex I see and start breeding them while also looking for a decent saddle BP. Might as well skip wyverns entirely on this map as they are not required to defeat the alpha manticore...

Edited by Darkholis
  • Like 5

Weighed up my options and my choices are; 1 craft new fabby and grill and fix the design flaw. 2 craft more adobe walls and foundations to check if the hatchframes will work and finish the floor. 3. Go investigate the aberration biome and maybe snag a lightpet.

In review option 1 can wait for now as it's an easy and relatively quick job. Option 2 will be a tiresome bore, I have a horse on a rock pillar between sand and cactus sap spawns but it will take forever to craft the clay needed. I could put haulage argy on follow but it's a long flight to the chem bench. 3 is clearly the most fun and wins outright.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

Weighed up my options and my choices are; 1 craft new fabby and grill and fix the design flaw. 2 craft more adobe walls and foundations to check if the hatchframes will work and finish the floor. 3. Go investigate the aberration biome and maybe snag a lightpet.

In review option 1 can wait for now as it's an easy and relatively quick job. Option 2 will be a tiresome bore, I have a horse on a rock pillar between sand and cactus sap spawns but it will take forever to craft the clay needed. I could put haulage argy on follow but it's a long flight to the chem bench. 3 is clearly the most fun and wins outright.

I have grown to prefer having shinehorns all over my house than light fixtures. They're hecka cute and I actually derive an odd comfort and enjoyment of the lights going on and off in different directions as they charge. Much immerse.

• Like 3

today i set out to make some organic poly from my gacha for the trade deal i had worked out,  so I pulled out a iguanodon i had tamed in abberation who i had named "Fingers", he wasn't the highest level guy but at the time he worked for berries.  I parked fingers over by the gacha and hopped atop the bronto, I didn't care what berries I got just as long as I got alot of them, and just a few minutes later, 3k of bronto weight filled with berries, a little thatch n' wood.   I started pulling the berries off the bronto and using fingers masterful skills had him turn all the berries into seeds.   I shoved the seeds into the Gacha who already were half full with owl pellets, and they promptly started chomping away and making me crystals.   By the time all was said and done, i had 400 crystals, at 30 poly per crystal, i was sure that was more then enough.

A Tribe said they were going to do the alpha tek cave and invited anyone who wanted to come,  I decided to join them but not before breeding the rex that I was going to take with me.  I grabbed a set of armor my gacha had given me earlier while making poly, and 200 medi brew just to be safe. and flew off to the tek cave to meet up with the tribe.  they were doing a little prep work before they headed in and i just followed the lead, as I had never done the tek cave before.  As we got to through the first part, everything seemed to be going pretty good, didn't seem as tough as what people were saying it was, and only 3 giga were encountered on the way in.  we got to the teleporter, and headed in to the main arena, everything looked like it was going great.

one inside they led us to the eplorers note in the chamber then shortly after the battle started.  Not knowing what I was to do, i just followed what everyone else was doing and defended the yuty so it could keep the rexs buffed.  It seemed to be going okay, but, i was watching the timer, and not enough damage was being done to the boss in corilation to how much time was left. when it rolled down to the last 5 minutes, most of the other players rex were dead, and when it hit the end of the counter, everyone was dead and all the dinos, except me and my rex, the counter went to -10 then vanished, I was still inside, and so was my rex, but he was almost dead, i knew he was lost, so I hopped off the seat, whistled attack my target and ran behind a pillar.  The rex battled bravely to its last breath, but... i was still alive... and alone... with the boss... for about 5 minutes, i wasn't taking any damage, what was going on?  I tried to find a way out but at lass, there wasn't any, and after that 5 minutes passed, i started  taking damage again.. so I promptly ran up to the boss and started punching him, i knew i was a goner but by god i was gonna get a few good blows in. and then... i died.

I'm guessing they didn't have rexes with high enough melee for the boss, its the only thing i could think of that caused the loss of the battle.  there at the end i did a good 1/4th damage to the dragon form of it, so it really was the only thing i could think of.  I'm going to watch some videos of the tek cave, hopefully i can find some legit official battles and not ones where people have cheats enabled in order to beat it.

After i was out, i thanked the other tribe for the experience then left the temp alliance they made to get everyone in, and headed home.  once back home, i sorted abit of stuff, and looked in my armor chest thinking 'im glad i took some stuff the gacha gave me today'.  I fed all the rexs and then carted 4 off across the river to breed them with the neighboring tribe, perhaps i'll get some even higher melee rexs out of it.   Put the eggs away, did one more meat run, and cooked up some meat as my fridge was almost empty, then made some more medi brew while i waited for that to cook up.

One of my friends who is a tribe member on Valguero called out to me asking for some help to retrieve some dino's from the ice cave up in the north west corner, I grabbed some gear, and 1/2 the medi brew i had just cooked up and headed over to his base taking a shortcut with the teleporter.  He loaned me a rex to use while we headed in, and told me what to expect as we went in, saying  "well probably die if we get hit".  Keeping a watchful eye as we headed in I could see there were alot of perlovia in there, i hate those guys, always leaping and knocking you off your dino... didn't know they had a 'daze' feature now when they knock you off though.  for the most part we did really well heading in, neather of us got knocked off, and took hardly any damage, we came to a spot where we had to put the rex away, and go on foot, and thats when a theri came running up, freaked me out but luckly, it was my friends! one down, 5 to go,  the next dino we found was his other theri, then his snow owl which he healed everyone up with.  by the time we go to where his rexs were they had gone poof... rip rexs.  we rode the theri out most of the way only needing to cryo them once.  I got knocked off twice, one time i thought for sure i was dead, but managed to get back on the theri with a sliver of health left and promptly drank a bunch of medi brew,  the second time wasn't so bad as the theri had the perlovia blocked from hitting me.  my friend got knocked off his once, i tried to warn him before it leeped but i was too slow of a typer.  we made it out safely.  As a reward for helping him get his dino's back he let me keep the loaner rex, a nice black and gold tek rex. i was happy to keep it, he also let me keep a sniper rifle and the bullets, and gave me a bit of loot from the cave.  that was a fun adventure.

not all days are totally productive, but all days are learning experiences.  Its been a long day, and I headed back up to my bed and decided to call it a day, laying back thinking on the days events.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I'm going to watch some videos of the tek cave, hopefully i can find some legit official battles and not ones where people have cheats enabled in order to beat it.

'The apex way' posted a video of him doing the tek cave with other tribes about a month or so ago, it may be useful to you.

I found the link, 

I wish you luck for your glorious rematch.

Edited by WarpSpasm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Operation Aberration was quite the success, I tamed a low level bulb dog and managed to tame 2 ravagers, male and female, both of which tamed out at level 201. I hadn't planned on taming ravagers but it seemed fated and I have played long enough to know that when the ark giveth we taketh, because when you WANT it you won't find it. I also built a little resupply shack near the entrance to top up narcotics stocks and eventually tamed a 145 aberrant spino. I left the tames by the shack and ran to the entrance to catch a taxi (argy) back to base, grabbed the stuff to make a cryofridge and some pods. I wired up the cryofridge next to the chembench and raced off to retrive my new housemates. My next plan is to finish working on the base, I have had 2 lucky dino hunt days in a row and don't want to push my luck.

• Like 5

Started my first online adventure yesterday and on PVP no less! Found a server with as few people possible on Scorched earth and began building up with my friend. Eventually we made contact with the only other 2 people on the server and found that they had just started as well so now we are all in a tribe together. I'm super excited about having outside input about the game that I cannot get from playing singleplayer. Already learning tons about PVP and how to not piss off the Alpha Tribe as best you can (I'm still not convinced there even is an Alpha tribe on the server, it looks pretty desolate). We have a morellatops, raptor and doed tamed so far (with lots of parasaurs that have laid down their lives for our cause) and are next to a great little mountain with crystal, metal, salt, obsidian and most important of all... Argie's.

• Like 5

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Got off work on Friday early, and home by 5:30pm.  Played ARK until 5:30Am  Yikes

Woke up after 3 hours couldn't sleep, so back onto ARK by 9am on Saturday.  More or less played until 11pm.

Woke up Sunday morning and was back online ARK by 10:15am. Played nearly nonstop until 6:00am Monday morning! (yes 20 hours)

Woke up today (Monday) at 10:30, did some things around the house, going to grab lunch, and then be back on by 1pm.

So yeah .... a total DILO-ton of hours this holiday weekend!

Why?  My buddies convinced me to give Abberration another go. The admins have the Easter event going on that map this weekend. I've tamed about 25 shine horns, 30 featherlights, 5-10 other event colored dinos. (and 6-8 Rock Drakes - 4 event colored)

and oh yeah, I've been impregnated by Reaper Queens 10 times, and given birth 9 times. (the first time, I tried switching some nearly broken tek armor while pregnant and still in the radiation zone. Oops!)

I ended up with 5 Easter Reapers from the same Queen! Yellow Body, Pinks highlights, and neon Green stomach!   (It was a high level, so we built a birthing pen right near the pen we trapped the Reaper in. Once we saw the baby pop as a event colored,  we farmed her for 3 hours, but holy cow she was not very cooperating most of the time, and kept glitching.

The rest are all normal colored.

(and yes, the breeding and maturation rates are boosted on this server, so the pregnancy lasts less than an hour.)

Been a CRAZY weekend, but I am actually having fun on Abberation, even though I am scared everytime down in the Red zone, and I couldn't do it without my buddy, as I get lost CONSTANTLY !

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 4

On 8/31/2019 at 12:09 PM, MouthSpiders said:

Big Chitin. I love this, thank you for the laugh. I basically wade through thorny dragons near my base and keratin still isn't as abundant as I'd like.

I'll try the link when I get back home. My old i7 3770 used to be fairly proficient at it's job, but that was a while ago. My 970 should still be okay. My ancient 1tb hdd and the 4g factory ram have been silently screaming for upgrades for years, though. I hope the settings ease up some of the castle lag when i'm out running around.

Your CPU is fine, it's much more your RAM, GPU and hard drive speed for Ark. 16gb and an SSD will work wonders for it, and a 1060 or better will take it the rest of the way. I used to have an old Alienware with an i7 3770, 16gb, GTX 780, SSD, Ark ran fine except needed a faster video card (780 was about equal to your current one).

Downgraded to a low-level i5, 8gb, GTX1060 and 500gb HD and could barely get on servers and it had big lag.

Re-upgraded to i5 4670, 16gb, GTX1060 and SSD, Ark runs far better than it ever did before even though the CPU is weaker. Could still use faster video card though, but the 1060 is ok for now.

Edited by Milsurp
  • Like 1

Finally lol. After a few nights worth of work I have finished the base conversion on the Island. Took longer than I thought it would, and a few changes in plans. I scaled back the amount of glass peices, I could easily have made the entire roof glass lol. Tried to keep the original character of the build while expanding to it, well at least keep one or two key features. Definitely feels more like a new build though. Got the usual crafting areas, storage areas aswell as the the now compulsory bp library that every base must have.  Am really happy with it although I am still not happy with the stairs, need to work out a better way of accessing the first floor. Theres alot of room left to add things, so maybe I can add a small indoor green house in the corner or even just more storage.

I think next up is demolishing the snow owl pellet tower and the old breeding barn and creating a new breeding barn. Shall have to sleep on that idea. 

• Like 4

PVE-Official Cluster

Today I started out on the island map and the first thing i did was fed my rexs and owls who were out, then proceeded to transfer across to Valguero as I hadn't been there all weekend.  Once there I gathered meat to feed the meat eaters, and afterwards headed to the swamp with my kangaroo to collect berries.  The roo is really useful on Valguero, i need to try this on the island as well.  Collecting the small dark bushes around the swamp i can get 2k weight in berries in a matter of minutes with him.  After gathering the berries I headed back and fed the veggie eaters.

After feeding the veggie eaters I logged in with my other computer and hopped on with my crafting character im creating, moved all the narco berries and stimberries up into the chem bench then proceeded to make stimulate and narcotic, at the same time I took a load of tintoberries up and started making medi brew.  Another 5 levels added to the character :).  I put them back to bed, then with my main character, I transfered out and refreshed the bases on my ragnarok, SE, and two extinction bases.

Afterwards I headed onto the server the one tribe wanted me to join with some basic gear of myself and a little bit of ammo, one of the other tribe members was on there and watned to know if i wanted to do a OSD with them so we headed out to a red one.   It went pretty fast, both of us standing in opposite directions on each side of the OSD on gigas and just chomping away.  The OSD was safe, and it didnt feel like it took more then 10 minutes to do.   Afterwards we did a second one, and then a element vein.  Once done I headed back to base, put away the gear in a little storage box, and headed to another extinction server.

This server has been having alot of bases decay, and we built a little box house there tucked in a corner for transfering in and out.  I popped on the second computer and created a new character on that pc for that server, just to make it a bit easier to refresh the little base.   it took me 3 attempts to get the character to the base, first time a enraged enforcer back handed me,  the second time a group of pissed off little ants chased me for about ever.  The final time I managed to get to the front door, almost starving, but made it in safely.  after tossing some food out for that character I took my main character back to the island, then logged the second computer out.

I finally decided to get Genesis for the second computer, I figure sense Im making the crafting character and already spent the money for the other addon dlc, I might as well grab that too.  So I'll be able to take the best crafter out of them to genesis with me, I know its going to come in handy.

Once back on the island i set out to do a few chores, when someone needed some help.  I set out to aid them but they lost the dino they were trying to tame,  I did however drop off some narcotic and a few kibble for them just incase they found another, which they did, but they didn't want to tame the one they found, as it was in too dangerous of a area, and they were just starting out, well, had a small base and a few dinos.   Back at their base the door had been blocked off by a tek raptor, i thought i had my sniper rifle out at first and shot it twice, down it went... oops... that was my tranq gun... lol... "you want a raptor?" "sure!" they replied. So i tossed some kibble in it and boom it was tamed.... wait.. it was 5hrs past 2x, but it was still on.  They decided to tame a anky, and while they knocked it out and tamed it, i took out 3 allo's and 2 carnos that were close by with my sniper rifle.  I spotted a little doedic, only lvl 40, and asked them if they wanted it, they did but didn't have a way to get it back sense they were taming a anky, told them "i got a cryo pod :)" and pulled it over to the side the anky was on.  once it calmed I healed it with my owl, then proceeded to knock it out,  4 tranqs later to the face, down it went.

They took their anky back to their base while i waited on the doedic to tame,  right after they left, 6 raptors and 5 saber spawned within range of the doedic, I quickly argoed them all and pulled them into the ocean,  once all of them were swimming i just sat there on the owl attacking, and killed them all off one by one.  15 minutes later, the doedic was tamed and took it back to their base, on the way back i saw a 110 theri, and tried to pull it, a second theri joined in the chase, but i kept pulling, 1/2 way to where i was trying to get them to a nice spot to tame, one gave up chase and wouldn't join  back in, so i kept pulling the one, thinking it was the 110.  Once i got it to the spot I started knocking it out, after 4 tranq's it started running away,  I took aim down my sites thinking "this is too easy" and it it one last time, down it went.  I went over to see what it was I knocked out it turned out to be a level..... 5 lol.... the other person wanted it anyhow, so 5 kibble later and 30 narco, it was tamed. 

I gave them a giga for a little bit of base defense, nothing fancy, it started as a level 20 and it had been passed through 3 different tribes already.  I also tossed out 25 metal spike walls so that they could throw them up to block the open spots on their unfinished wall to at least keep out the carno and raptors from their small base.  I felt I did something nice, helping the player and giving them the one dino, and a bit of flak armor that came from my gacha, they appreciated it.

after all that I decided to call it a day and headed off... a productive day.

Now to go watch that video  WarpSpasm found for me! Thanks mate :)

• Like 5

PS4 Single Player

Done a bit in the last few days.  

Took the Argy's over to the island but of course they disappeared when I tried to download them. 

I spawned a 135 and 140 to replace them. Didn't get the high melee but got better stam. 

I'll take it. 

Raised 2 up. One for battle, one to farm. I took the battle one out first. Grabbed 5 notes and started killing stuff. 

Came across a 140 Anky so I farmed up a quick trap and KO'd it. Might be the worse 140 I ever knocked but anything is better than a prim pick. 

After that was done, I grabbed the farmer and hit some more notes to get it levels. 

I decided I wanted a better pair of Anky's so I decided to head to Valguero. I made up some structures to build a spawn in point, loaded up my gear and the battle Argy. 

Spawned in and made my way to Green Ob which is the safest ob. Only had to outrun one set of Raptors and a Rex so not a bad trek. 

Decided to place my spawn in right at green. Then I remembered the poly dolphins so farmed up some mats to make cryo's for safer transport. 

Eyeballed some Anky's by green but all were lower level so I headed over to Chalk Hills. Looked for Deino eggs but found no nests at the usual spots. Spotted a 145 Anky so placed a trap and KO'd that. That one tamed out with 351 melee so acceptable. Then I found a 140 Female Anky so tamed her up. She had 340 something melee. Perfect pair for my needs. 

Loaded them up and back to the island.

I bred them and got myself a baby for the imprint. 

More to follow in a bit...

• Like 6

PS4 Single Player continued

I currently am operating out of a simple 2 x 2 wood house over at Stonehenge so decided it was time to figure out where to build the main base. 

I want to be somewhat close to an Ob and the resource pickings are slim at Red. I considered going Central on Redwood mountain but I like to farm metal there. I lived right at Green on legacy so would like to switch that up too. 

I want the natural landscape to provide a lot of my protection so I don't need to place a lot of gates and walls. I scouted a few locations but nothing appealed to me so I decided to farm up some metal. 

I made a small platform and placed 6 refining forges and cleared a couple of the mountain tops near my base. Got crystal and metal. 

I needed paste so I went to hit some beaver dams but couldn't find one nor even a beaver on the map. I did a dino wipe and did another trip. Still no beavers but I did find a 140 Theri. I put it on my to do list and then grabbed up some stuff for a Rag jump. 

Decided I needed a doedic or a pair so went hunting on Rag since I was heading over there. Found a 140 close to green. I grabbed it and dropped it between a metal node and mountain it was very stuck and safe. KO'd it. Nothing remarkable and scouted some more while it tamed. 

I could easily find some in the desert but didn't want to make the trip so I grabbed up the Doedic and headed to the dams near Viking Bay. 

How I grab cp is I lay down some sleeping bags and then just grab the whole dam. If I can drop the wood I'll hit a few, if not I just respawn and grab the good stuff off my corpse and continue. Only found 5 giant dams this time, no smaller ones so got about 1800 CP. That'll do for now. 

Back to the island and I started getting stone. Figure I'll make my base out of stone. Perhaps permanently or maybe I'll switch it around down the line. 

I took some of that stone and made up a trap for the Theri. Set that up and tamed it too. Just like the 140 Anky, may be the worse 140 Theri I ever tamed. 5.9k hp, 800 stam, 280ish melee. It got 570 or so weight but definitely disappointing. 

Still I got a wood gatherer now so I put the weight Argy on follow and grabbed some. I started pre making stone structures. 

I did another base scout location and decided that building on the flat plateaus on the Westside of green just made the most sense. I'm going to connect the two plateaus with a bridge so I may post a pic of that at some point.

That's what I'll cover for now. I have a few things I want to do in the next couple of plays. I will probably jump to Extinction to get some Gacha's and Owls and I want to get a Griffin so I can farm the loot drops on SE though maybe I can get a good Owl to do that instead. 

Until next time.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2019 at 6:40 PM, Cythraul said:

On another note, a friend from college has just bought Ark and is wanting to play with me so I have been thinking about joining a PVE server. The cluster that Aushegun plays on sounds like it has great community and helpful players so I would love to join that one but also think that it might only be for a select group of individuals and it would be tough to get into. If it is open to the public, could you share the server name so I could check it out Aushegun? If not, any recommendations of PVE servers with great community and active admins would be appreciated.

Funny you should bring it up. because Yesterday was filled with drama on the Cluster discord, as apparently they are running out of money to keep the servers going, and a bunch of admins quit, and basically I am now looking for a new cluster, as it appears this one is most likely doomed.

So if YOU find a good PS4 unofficial cluster, let me know!  :Jerbcry:     (I am perfectly willing to donate on a regular basis to a cluster that is to my liking, as I understand that servers are expensive to rent.  Apparently I was one of the few donating to my current cluster, and too many others were not.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Funny you should bring it up. because Yesterday was filled with drama on the Cluster discord, as apparently they are running out of money to keep the servers going, and a bunch of admins quit, and basically I am now looking for a new cluster, as it appears this one is most likely doomed.

So if YOU find a good PS4 unofficial cluster, let me know!  :Jerbcry:     (I am perfectly willing to donate on a regular basis to a cluster that is to my liking, as I understand that servers are expensive to rent.  Apparently I was one of the few donating to my current cluster, and too many others were not.)

thats one thing i didn't like about unofficial server, i' d feel like i was finally getting somewhere on them and then poof, the server was gone, never to be seen again.  I know some have been around for a while now, but when people try to get me to play on them I tell them im just not into playing on a "here today, gone tomorrow" server.

Edited by caleb68
typos