Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Took the plunge and moved from official ps4 to my own cluster on pc (not a stealth ad haha)

I didn't get raided on Aberration, but heard a couple of rumours about the alphas meshing so decided to move on

Still pretty quite which I don't mind, but more lively that the official aberration server I was on.

Felt a bit mean leaving all my stuff and tames behind, ill just keep on telling myself they are now free and liberated haha

Really enjoying the new settings so far, plus took my first visit to Extinction for Gachas and Snow Owls.

I built myself a home for the Gachas with the snow owls on a ledge above, there's something funny about watching the Owl dropping their vomit on the poor Gachas.

I'm a bit late to the Gacha party but they are so addictive, I find my self just sitting there waiting for crystals, I need to get out more ;) 

• Like 3

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Continued with my Tapejara and Rex breeding projects. Finished up breeding my new rexes. Took forever to get a finalised breeding pair. Had trouble getting a single colour region to combine with all the stats. Trying to tell the difference between black and dark blue on the back was a nightmare, eventually poped twins with my nice blue colour with the stats. All I need to do now is let them mature. I want to get a few new rexes imprinted up before a potential Tek Cave server event.

With the tapejaras, I took the two low levels I had tamed up and combined the colours I wanted, white body, black markings with yellow sails. Got that done easily enough. Then worked on taking the two high level tapejaras and bred those together to get a tapejara with the good stats. Now just need to combine the tape with the desired colours with the tape with the high stats.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Continued with my Tapejara and Rex breeding projects. Finished up breeding my new rexes. Took forever to get a finalised breeding pair. Had trouble getting a single colour region to combine with all the stats. Trying to tell the difference between black and dark blue on the back was a nightmare, eventually poped twins with my nice blue colour with the stats. All I need to do now is let them mature. I want to get a few new rexes imprinted up before a potential Tek Cave server event.

With the tapejaras, I took the two low levels I had tamed up and combined the colours I wanted, white body, black markings with yellow sails. Got that done easily enough. Then worked on taking the two high level tapejaras and bred those together to get a tapejara with the good stats. Now just need to combine the tape with the desired colours with the tape with the high stats.

Also need some.Tek Saddles :) :) Yay another d1nk project to craft!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrackenOne said:

Crashed during the Manticore with 9 Lightning Wyverns, all dead.....accidentally fed a 190lvl Wyvern egg to my Rex's trough.  

:/

I am so sorry, that is awful. I was accessing inventory to eat berries and instead it lagged and I ate poop. Completely disgusting, aside from lagging and disconnecting every five to ten minutes I managed to effectively kill a pack of dilos and fill up the food troughs. 

44 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I'd better start metal farming again ?

We always need more metal! I did a bunch of farming today aswell. Might as well do my story lol

Started the night off imprinting a tapajara pair. Between imprints I did a metal run, filled the stone vault and half filled the wood. Kept the gacha filled between metal runs. Farmed roughly 15k ingots and 4k poly over a few hours. I had a few big crafts in mind, made two tek tapa saddles (one for me one for Saltire) a few tek pieces for an upcomming build and crafted a Mek for giggles.. its so cool. Need to get a mek BP from Extinction for sure! The base model was doing 530 dmg  each sword hit and blasters 250~

I wanted to farm the ice cave a bit on Extinction so I hopped over there, got distracted for an hour building my quetz transport platform, getting a few tames prepped for future OSD trials and then took off to the ice cave on my mana. My intent was to easily farm a few drops, my mana had 4k stam so it was pretty easy...until I ran out of stam accidently, got speared off my tame by purlovia then killed by bears. My mana died, shinehorn and I didnt even bother trying to go back for my kit. I sort of brought disposable gear anyways.

Logged back to Island and cloned my extra crab, then transferred a few things over to Ragnarok. I havent logged there in like a month so I topped up gennies, troughs and figured id try the ice cave here. Loaded up a thylo with my asc saddle, brought a cryod theri incase and flew off. Walked into the cave then deployed my thylo after the crawl spot, this was my first time doing this cave. Went easily enough, got all the drops but my main focus beside exploration, was to get some deathworm horns. The boss drops 20 and each worm drops 1. I mucked up when I killed the boss and was black boxed, missed em.

The boss was easy, hit pretty hard but no worries for my OP saddle. Got out and went back to base (after a short stop by dams) Gathered some.bug repellent and went to volcano area searching for a Mantis. Got lucky and my 3rd mantis spotted was a 150 female, gotta love Rag. Messed up the first taming attempt then got it tamed a bit after. Searched for a hlvl male for awhile, found a 135 but it kept aggroing me, got jumped by some artho and peaced out. On my way back I spotted a 130 male, stopped by to feed it a bit. 3 minutes between feeds so its a little sketchy. Just as I went in for the last feed a Kanchosaurus aggrod the mantis, took a shotgun to the both of em out of anger then flew home. 

Hopped over to the island, theres a giga right outside my rag base and I hope it wanders off :P Gonna quickly clone my mantis then go to bed. My grand scheme of some mantis is sort of ruined.. if you come across a wild Megatherium you're toast.. so ill have to think about that! 

2am here, sleep x.x

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Started the night off imprinting a tapajara pair. Between imprints I did a metal run, filled the stone vault and half filled the wood. Kept the gacha filled between metal runs. Farmed roughly 15k ingots and 4k poly over a few hours. I had a few big crafts in mind, made two tek tapa saddles (one for me one for Saltire) a few tek pieces for an upcomming build and crafted a Mek for giggles.. its so cool. Need to get a mek BP from Extinction for sure! The base model was doing 530 dmg  each sword hit and blasters 250~

I havent even finished breeding the tapejaras yet,  ?

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Loaded up a thylo with my asc saddle, brought a cryod theri incase and flew off. Walked into the cave then deployed my thylo after the crawl spot, this was my first time doing this cave. Went easily enough, got all the drops but my main focus beside exploration, was to get some deathworm horns. The boss drops 20 and each worm drops 1. I mucked up when I killed the boss and was black boxed, missed em.

The boss was easy, hit pretty hard but no worries for my OP saddle.

I should really try this out. Been meaning to try out crypod use in caves for ages. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I havent even finished breeding the tapejaras yet,  ?

I should really try this out. Been meaning to try out crypod use in caves for ages. 

Ice cave is too easy with cryopods, usually take a thyla & boss rex in cryopods plus an empty for my bird, cryo the bird when you hit the invisible wall, throw the thyla out once past the crawl spot and run through until you drop down the first waterfall, I usually wait in this area until the cooldown has worn off then put the thyla on follow & lowest distance and drop down to the queen, not sure if that bit is needed but had a few attempts where the queen hasn't spawned if I dropped down mounted on the thyla plus also had problems getting it out of the water at the bottom, on lowest follow it's fine, throw the rex out from the ledge then mount the thyla and drop down to fight the queen

If you've used a wyvern to get there you can throw it out onto the bridge outside the waterfall then jump and mount it without having to drop down into the water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is a historic day for my Ark Solo Playthrough. Finally, I completed Ascension on both Beta & Alpha on the Island Map. I did not use any cheats except admin commands to increase gamma, speed up time using slomo & "ghost" when I get glitch stuck on surfaces. But, to make my life easier & to avoid the frustration & agony of losing my favorite Dinos, I had started my Solo playthrough with settings slight tweaked from official. My settings are:

• Max Dino Level 240 ie: difficulty = 8x (official is 5x at 150)
  • Increased gathering/harvesting rates.
  • Imprint quality up to 100%(default is 20%)

Completing Ark Solo no-cheats with official settings is IMO impossible since Alpha Dragon, Brood & Ascension is impossible. Same with King Titan. So I made the changes to make it at-least possible, though extremely tough. I am posting my Boss Fight(Gamma to Alpha to Ascension) videos on Youtube at the below link. If you don't like it guys, just tell me where I messed up. If you do, please leave a like. I won't monetize my youtube channel coz I'm an amateur hardcore gamer & I play for fun & escapism only. Here's the link to my Playlist:

PS: I haven't yet uploaded my 1080p 60FPS Beta/Alpha Ascension videos but will do so in a day or two. Right now, I'm super-duper excited about cross ARK transfer to Scorched Earth. Believe me, even with my server stats, Beta & Alpha Overseer fights were long & hard. 

EDIT: I have uploaded Beta/Ascension Tek Cave & Overseer videos. They were completed on the same day, I made this comment but I had to edit the video on the following day due to office work. Anyway, Tek Cave is easy. Only Gigas & Allo Gnash are a danger. But Overseer on Beta & Alpha make liberal & excess use of their stun-lock beams. In fact, on Alpha, if you check out my video, I was hiding behind the pillars & distracting the drones the entire time as the stun-beams were like every alternate second. Fight was scarier than Alpha Brood or any Dragon fight.

Edited by Freespirit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Ice cave is too easy with cryopods, usually take a thyla & boss rex in cryopods plus an empty for my bird, cryo the bird when you hit the invisible wall, throw the thyla out once past the crawl spot and run through until you drop down the first waterfall, I usually wait in this area until the cooldown has worn off then put the thyla on follow & lowest distance and drop down to the queen, not sure if that bit is needed but had a few attempts where the queen hasn't spawned if I dropped down mounted on the thyla plus also had problems getting it out of the water at the bottom, on lowest follow it's fine, throw the rex out from the ledge then mount the thyla and drop down to fight the queen

If you've used a wyvern to get there you can throw it out onto the bridge outside the waterfall then jump and mount it without having to drop down into the water

Thanks for the advice :) I shall try it out at some point.

Finished up my Tapejara breeding project today. Got a male and female with all the colours I wanted with all the combined stats including the health mutation. Kept the wild tames just in case but I took my lightning wyvern to all the intermediary breeders, poor things lol. Got some eggs out my new breeders before crypoding and preincubated the eggs. Next time I am on I can hatch up a couple of Tapejaras and some of my new rexes and raise and imprint them.

Mind wiped and crafted up 2 more OP Theri saddles from the 150 armour bp we have. Managed to get a 200 armour on one of the crafts, mental hahaha. Saddled up two more of my theris and then did a spontaneous boss fight to add to our stockpile of element and I also wanted a dermis of the megapethicus. Took my yuty and theri squad (nicked a few of d1nks theris too just to be on the safeside) to blue obilisk and took on the gamma monkey. Took it out no problem at all. Am always scared about the pit of doom but I held the theris back and mugged the megapethicus away from there lol. Got the 500 element from the monkey as well as a dermis. Now got a monkey on a texidermy base next to the broodmother outside our base. 

Did a small metal run up blue ob before logging off.

• Like 2

Hatched circa 30 Pteranadon eggs, got no muts, and no further stat merging so still only at 321. This has been a horrible second stint of my breeding line since I have returned. I didnt actually tame any new Pteras this weekend as was far too busy with other babies as starting an Allo and Tappy line.. but last night my Giga finally finished... I missed out on 100% imprint by 34 minutes but really, not bothered. Its done and finished and it came out with 35k hp and 437 melee, so now just to level it up and enjoy her :)

My Yuty died... after i got my 10k hp and 325% melee Yuty breeded out and was raising it, I left it at 7.8% maturation, full of food, and then logged off and my tribemate was going to pod it before he went to bed. 

I came on the following morning - no sign of Yuty so I guessed he podded it before it hit trough stage but I couldnt find the pod in the fridges. Checked tribelog - starved to death! From 7.8% with full meat in inv how did it starve to death?!! Seriously gutted as loved the colouring. Hopefully an ally is going to give me an egg with slightly better stats - around 260 so will try even harder to raise and imprint on it.

Rebuilt my Taming pen and will now try for new Allo stats, and made a huge metal run so we are fine for the next few weeks. 

So, essentially, I raised 6 Pteras over the weekend, 4 Tappys, 4 Allos, 1 Giga completed, 1 Anky at 94% and tribemate did many Troodons. It hasnt been a bad week, even with losing 3% on my Giga imprint and losing my lovely coloured Yuty.

This week will be a little less time spent on ARK but Ill carry on getting some eggs from the Tappys, Pteras, Allos and see if I can increase some of the levels, it looks as though the Tappys may come out in the late 260's with no mutations, but the Allos definitely seem weaker at around 240. Pterandons are working on 2 lines, clean at 321 and Mutated should be 338 if I had of imprinted the babies when i left them to die... must have been 10 seconds too late once they had hatched.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 3

Ragnarok

completed the open plan kitchen/Garden area, almost fully functional now only thing left I need to place is the industrial cooker, it then dawned on me I've got no honey and I've never tamed a Bee before, so decided it would be the weekend of Bee taming, didn't go smooth at all haha, didn't actually get a tame until Sunday night after trying from Friday afternoon. Got back to the garden, placed my new shiny beehive and invited someone over to come for a new tour, it was at this point I was telling him how hard it was to get the Bee and he just laughed and said why didn't you just make the S+ plus hive, I couldn't believe it all these years playing and I still don't know the engrams.

The rest of the night was just used for Wyvern egg hunting and milk farming, found myself a 180 lightning and lost my self a 150 perfect tamed snow owl in the process, I still have some snow owl kibble left from the first batch, so will be pretty easy to get another, RIP Foodface, it was good while it lasted.

• Like 1

PS4 Nitrado – We made the move to Ab last week, none of us having played the map before. Having a great time without flyers. Set up a big walled off open air base not far from the portal area. Got the basics set up, industrial forge, cooker, greenhouse etc. Tamed a few high level bears and bred those which we’ve been using for early game exploration. Starting a spino breeding line as well and got a sheep farm on the go for mutton tames. Tamed a 150 mega as well last night. Decent hp but low melee. But we can hopefully get it a high level mate tonight to start a line. Been venturing deeper into the blue zone, learning the ropes, and generally just having a lot of fun. Did the cave near the portal area. That was easy enough with the 5 of us. Loving the map so far.

PC Island with daughter – not had as much time this week as it was her birthday but we got a bit done. Carried on breeding Sabers. Got a decent line coming out at 270 now, all the mutations into health and melee. Will now work the colours in over the next few days so she can look pretty (that of course being the most important element) when we eventually get to do a couple of caves this weekend. Carried on with argy breeding line as well. Got a great blue body mutation. Starting breeding the two 150 Zinos we got as well. Got a great Cyan one pop out, but need to tame some more of these as the stats aren’t amazing. Want the kibble rework to come out soon. As much as I like the progression tree, I don’t have the time in my life to grind on 2 games, taming all the different dinos just for kibble, or babysit and insomniac tickle chicken for 2 hours .Saying that, I did tame some low level Pachyrhinos, as I want to get Barrys breeding asap for underwater and the more difficult caves. Also built a multi platformed ewok village. Not a bad first attempt and learnt a fair bit in the process. This is the precursor to a tek treehouse base on a future map, that I’ve been instructed to build. Been trying to get her more comfortable on foot, so have been venturing out onto Carno island without mounts, just covering her whilst she shotguns everything. Need to speak to her about her language, as ‘come at me b*tch’ seems to be the standard line before opening fire..

Also hooked the PC up to the projector the PS4 plays through. This way I can just sit on the couch and play both maps at the same time, switching from one to the other to imprint. Lazy mode level 10.

• Like 2

After a whole weekend of playing together with 2 friends on a new Island, starting from scratch, building a new base and taming stuff (we played for 16 hours total, managed to get three good rafts, a nice base and a bunch of tames; but most of all we had tons of fun), I decided to move back to my SP Island yesterday:

- Tamed my first ever thylacoleo and I'm absolutely in love. What a fantastic means of transport!
- Organised lots of stuff in my stone castle. Mainly storage-related and where I'm leaving what dinos. This one is fairly recent, but it's already become too small, so I might have to build another wing or two. Also the outside pens for my creatures is far from finished.
- Tamed 4 allosauruses. Two weak ones, one moderately okay one and one good one. I might attempt some breeding (never done it before) the coming days, especially with the event. I have a bunch of rexes walking about that I could breed as well I suppose.

• Like 2

I went on an Allo hunt last night, couldnt find any in close vacinity so I gave up and bred some more and hatched some more. Nothing new, no mutations or anything but I got another stat merged on my Ptera line so 326 now, definitely need some new blood so will try and tame a few later tonight.

Hoping to pick up my Yuty egg tonight so that will be a painful few hrs as I will watch it very carefully get to 10.1% mat before feeling safe to leave it this time. 

16k ingots now hidden away from my tribemate in a safe, wanting to fill it completely before he say we need to do a metal run because we have run out... then to hear him once I tell him to check 'Anarki's Personal Stash' vault with 70k ingot sitting there ;)

I know he has a plan to rebuild a new greenhouse and some little cliff platform huts to turn into new rooms so he will need a lot of metal for that - he builds, I gather. Its a good relationship. He does all our tactics, I just breed things up... it works.

So, another night on Center went by quickly and a little good fortune with a stat here and there. Lets hope my Yuty works out and that I can find some new Allos to start breeding as my current line doesnt look like it will turn out particularly well.

Oh, and I donated a 269 born Ptera to a new guy who was struggling with the game. I like to do that :)

• Like 2