Community Crunch 383: Community-Voted Creature Recap and Community Corner!

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, Rebeldan said:

Everyone is saying this is crap lol I see this and get excited not even gonna lie and there was info actually there will be baby Dino’s running around according to the gigantoraptor description

This was said before, when the dino information was first released. There is 000 new ASA information in this crunch! Yes, tameable babies is exciting,  but we knew about that two or three months ago.

29 minutes ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

Who wants to bet they repeat history again? 

ASE when it came out of Early Access, all official servers at the time were turned into legacy servers, those who played on official had to relocate or start again on the new official servers. 

ASA will probably experience the same thing.

Also, will the same rules apply when a new map is released in ASA as the rules when it came out in ASE? The wait period to transfer dinos and items onto that server. 

Will they keep the transfer timer they have now or will it be like before where there was no timer? 

If they will remove the transponder if they are working on a new tracking system? 

These are my questions for ASA. 

I have a ton more but I've played ark long enough. Kinda know the drill already

sad, but true

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gat said:

You guys were right on time to put an end to ASE but to even get a teaser of ASA, it seems like we're still gonna have to wait.. I'm pretty sure even the crunch author is ashamed.. 

Launch is most likely gonna be delayed (as usual), and when it's finally going to come out, it's still gonna be full of bugs.. Just know you're losing players by the day

well it is coming out classed as an EARLY ACCESS game so yup it sure will have bugs and unfinished content stuff still TBA etc soo i am not expecting anything better than ASE EA lol

Respectfully, I hope everyone who says they won't play ASA sticks to their word. Completely convinced anti-ASA people lose, if they like video games.

They will only see that everyone else who plays it will experience amazing video game greatness.

Everything yall have shown/described in ASA seems great Wildcard. Very impressive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JarrodLarwood said:

Will everybody stop moaning. We aren’t getting a single thing until the game is out. No screenshots, no gameplay, nothing. There’ll be a trailer upon release that’s it (dollies words). Please stop checking the community crunch every week if you don’t want to expect disappointment. Pretend the game doesn’t exist for 3 weeks and enjoy something else until then. I don’t know how much simpler to put it 

Honestly I agree with this. I sat on it and just have to think about how they HAVE told and warned us it was most likely going to be like this.

9 hours ago, Mike585x said:

I predicted that too, but how childish and unprofessional would that be if it was actually the case (of stubborn/spitefulness)? 🤔

Not quite what I was meaning. I was more talking about how they are taking the silent route to hype up the game versus giving us peaks at the game and hyping us up that way. Both work. Just wonder if better reactions from the fans would of generated more content released. 

8 minutes ago, ShaKenBake33 said:

Not quite what I was meaning. I was more talking about how they are taking the silent route to hype up the game versus giving us peaks at the game and hyping us up that way. Both work. Just wonder if better reactions from the fans would of generated more content released. 

nah silent hype is not hype especially considering all the 'drama' going on with Snail - if anything posting REAL hype would have been a good way to 'deflect' the bad taste that snail is making atmo....

Good job too all of you at Wc exactly what was expected. Absolutely nothing a complete disappointment and an absolute waste of my time. Just like your game probably will be half way into the month and no info about a game supposedly dropping at the end of the month. You all need to pull your heads out and show something as a matter of fact I highly doubt the games even dropping this month you'll push it back again and run your company even further down a hole.

21 hours ago, Duffmek said:

nah silent hype is not hype

This is what companies need to realize. I mean let’s take a look at a vastly, and I do mean VASTLY more successful game company: from software. When from was in the process of bringing out Elden ring they were pretty consistent in dropping trailers and talking about the game pre release to dredge up hype from fans of the older souls series and newcomers alike. ER drops, it gets wildly successful despite it being a change in the souls formula, it gets GOTY. But eventually the flare dies down and numbers see a dip. In February from dropped a dlc (arena matches) and announced an expansion (shadow of the erdtree). Player numbers spiked because of the hype and the new game mode. However since that February from has remained stone silent on SotET and player retention has basically tanked outside of diehard fans or people getting it on steam sales. There’s a general sense of malaise and malcontent because they. Won’t. Show. Anything. Now, if a big boy company like from which is widely renowned for its quality games can’t keep the hype train going by properly showing fans what they want to see what hope does wildcard- who’s only claims to fame are ark (a broken mess) and atlas (a more broken reskin of ark/ripoff of sea of thieves) have?

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

This is what companies need to realize. I mean let’s take a look at a vastly, and I do mean VASTLY more successful game company: from software. When from was in the process of bring out Elden ring they were pretty consistent in dropping trailers and talking about the game pre release to dredge up hype from fans of the older souls series and newcomers alike. ER drops, it gets wildly successful despite it being a change in the souls formula, it gets GOTY. But eventually the flare dies down and numbers see a dip. In February from dropped a dlc (arena matches) and announced an expansion (shadow of the erdtree). Player numbers spiked because of the hype and the new game mode. Since the. However since that February from has remained stone silent on SotET and player retention has basically tanked outside of diehard fans or people getting it on steam sales. There’s a general sense of malaise and malcontent because they. Won’t. Show. Anything. Now, if a big boy company like from which is widely renowned for its quality games can’t keep the hype train going by properly showing fans what they want to see what hope does wildcard- who’s only claims to fame are ark (a broken mess) and atlas (a more broken reskin of ark/ripoff of sea of thieves) have?

I somehow still think, that they try this silence as a marketing strategy. showing nothing, to revt up the tension and then it will blow everyone away, if the final product is shown. It doesn´t work but at the same time it somehow works, becaue despite being frustrated the people are still invested in the matter. Doesn´t make it a good strategy but let´s be honest... it´s hard to tell when the community is pleased, because, let´s be honest, this community likes to be whiney about almost everything 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

That's every game community tbh. This one is actually extremely tame compared to some others I've played... Can't even compare lol

This community is not tame, we only learned it does not matter what we say. The times it get a decent response or acknowledgement are very rare.

(Edit: compared to many extremely hysterical communities it might look a bit tame :D)

Edited by MMaas