Unprofessional. Ark suicide!!!!

MADHATTER86

Your delusional lol folks will not play a game with as much corruption and bs . From being lied to on a regular basses . To not seeing anything about asa and it's 2 months tell release.  Sorry but your wrong bud . Look at the stock for snailgames right now . Guess what will happen if asa isn't launched Aug 31? Rofl they deserve everything that happens if they delay it.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 6/22/2023 at 6:00 PM, MADHATTER86 said:

Your delusional lol folks will not play a game with as much corruption and bs . From being lied to on a regular basses . To not seeing anything about asa and it's 2 months tell release.  Sorry but your wrong bud . Look at the stock for snailgames right now . Guess what will happen if asa isn't launched Aug 31? Rofl they deserve everything that happens if they delay it.

Most ARK players don't play official servers and even less play on Conquest servers. And the Snail Games stock doesn't mean anything.

Most players won't be fussed enough to quit just because they might not be able to play ASA for a few extra weeks. The playerbase that it would kill would be the minority number.

Edited by GP
  • Facepalm 1

Wildcard has done a lot of things that i dont agree with, some of them could surely be called unprofessional, like all the delays for example. But i have to agree with GP here, i dont think a delay of ASA will make a big difference in its popularity. There is a long list of other things that have a bigger impact imo (and none of them seem to get adressesd by the devs...).

16 hours ago, GP said:

Most ARK players don't play official servers

Also, this isn't a great point. Things change over time. Official is still a HUGE percentage of the population. It also was the most played by far during arks peak, and during every DLC release. You can't just write off official because they've died down in the later years of the game. They will be by far the most populated space when ASA comes out if it isn't a trash heap of a remake.

I'm not sure you quite understand the situation... While the official servers have decent populations, the overwhelming majority of ARK players are on private servers.  Official isn't the "HUGE" population think think it is... Even if all the official players were to quit over this, the actual impact would be able 25% of the total player base.  Nothing to disregard, but also not even close to being devastating.

The ultimate issue is snail games. They need to get from under them. At the end of the day delays happen, and if it means getting a non-glitchy game that's okay. I never planned on playing Ark 2 myself and I refuse to play on official servers because I actually have a life and I don't have time to sit there a monitor my base 24/7. Plus too many people fake friendship to get inside tribes then cause issues, I'm well over it. It was my first experience on Ark, and the server I play on now has been around for years, they have no wipes and they have all the servers in the cluster, and the admins are great and will ban people permanently for doing stuff that would ruin others game play.

21 hours ago, darkradeon said:

to be honest I am more interested about having the official pve worldsave in time.

Same here; my friends & I got heavily invested on the official servers before we realized how much better it would have been to set up our own private cluster.  So right now we are mostly in base maintenance mode (plus some boss fights with oddball tames) until the server saves are posted.  Then I can set up our own private cluster with that if ASA gets delayed or turns out to suck.   

2 minutes ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Same here; my friends & I got heavily invested on the official servers before we realized how much better it would have been to set up our own private cluster.  So right now we are mostly in base maintenance mode (plus some boss fights with oddball tames) until the server saves are posted.  Then I can set up our own private cluster with that if ASA gets delayed or turns out to suck.   

doing same.. noticed last night one server had 26 people on, which odd, usually only 2-3 most times, got refreshing stuff, watching chat, about 20 or so people where new and trying figure everything out, one oldie mentioned the servers shutting in couple months , and the yelling, and screaming scrolled off faster than I could read it. None of the newbies had a clue there is only 69 days to go (68 now)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Frack said:

doing same.. noticed last night one server had 26 people on, which odd, usually only 2-3 most times, got refreshing stuff, watching chat, about 20 or so people where new and trying figure everything out, one oldie mentioned the servers shutting in couple months , and the yelling, and screaming scrolled off faster than I could read it. None of the newbies had a clue there is only 69 days to go (68 now)

Damn,i have 14 days vacations and only can get some dossiers i need,find good stats dino from people who leave servers and get the last achievement,master zoologist.In 68 days cant get the aberration,gen 1 and 2 alpha ascentions,defeat the king titan and get the 2 dossiers(all this with my 6 characters :( )

Waiting the next CC and see the delay.

2 hours ago, Frack said:

Any delay will be for ASA, servers will still shut down Aug 31 (well they said so.... who knows)

I know,with all the new stuff just to make players rebuy ark(the "minority"from official) is obvious the delay

Player:Its just a remasterized why gonna buy?

Wc: a new dlc(lore map)with 4 new dinos

Can vote a new dino to the other maps(scorched to gen 2, 6-7 new dinos)

But,maps release in different dates,gonna start all again,maybe without cryofridges/cryoppds,maewings,desmodus,stryders etc....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 AM, Frael said:

It won't kill the entire player base, but it might kill official. People aren't going to sit around twiddling their thumbs for long after the servers sunset, they will move on to other games.

problem is quite a few players have already moved on, most of the servers i play on have much less active bases with just as many decayed / VERY close to fully decated eg ded storages (76 days) and thats just since the news of the sunseting :(

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AlbertoFlores said:

If people no longer want to play in official why will the servers close, but we certainly look forward to ASA

for sure, especially if they wlll not review pve in official, like decay times, building dimensions, spam and too many tames out of pods, cryofridge death pods bug,no  inventory backup in case of crash, drowning other players, turn on/off generators/fuel stuffs etc

Edited by darkradeon

• 1 month later...