Rhyniognatha - Mega Thread

SarahMonette

On 6/6/2023 at 7:26 AM, DirkInSA said:

@SunsetErosion That's interesting. Why did you choose a giga as a host? My dumbass would probably have used a DoDo LOL. I wonder if there is some kind of % damage as opposed to a a flat x HP over time? I wonder if the "host" is intend to survive - or if it is intended/forced to die? Whatever, your HP drops and time remaining do not add up to a working mechanic.

The size of the host dino greatly effects the outcome larva. Large dinos produce good outcomes. Dinos too small can hurt the end stat results. Not sure what sizes are good. I just know a giga works great, and like most tribes I have 20+ gigas to spare.

It is reported that the host dino contributes stats to the larva. By that I mean the stat levels. Gigas are the prime choice for many because they want damage and the super high 200+ levels bred into the common giga lines in PvE make that a good choice.

I initially was thinking an argy bred with high weight stat would be good as I do not see this as a fighter dino (for pve) and would be using it mostly as an around the base helpful dino due to it's abilities to pick up base structures similar to the EXO MEK.

• Thanks 1

Yep, I tested it for a while and Gigas give 2-3 stats at 100%. Brontos only give 50% and I read Rexes give 80%, Trikes only 40% and Carchas 100% as well.

So for a better understanding I mutated the main stats (hp, stam, weight + melee) up to 50 points.

• As the Brontos for the hosts with perfect craving, the baby Rhynio came out with 25 points into hp and 25 into weight most of the time. Never had more than 2 stats (and 25 pointsinto them) from the mutated Brontos.

• The Gigas for the hosts with perfect craving, one of the babies had 50 points into hp, 50 into stam and 50 into melee. This might have been just a lucky one. Every other Host-Giga gave birth to a baby Rhynio with only 2 boosted stats.

If you play on PC you can add the mod "Force Fix Dino Mod" which allows you to breed any creature, so you can get a perfect Rhynio. 🙂

Edited by DomiDarko

21 hours ago, MADHATTER86 said:

Why on earth did wildcard not launch that critter on all maps?

When have they ever done that?

The moment they had 2 maps they started introducing critters that were not on all maps, some critters make sense on multiple maps, some critters only make sense on a couple of maps. The idea that they would ever introduce a new critter on all maps is rather silly and ignores the entire history of the game.

what we see atm? pve 1125 last killed male rhynio dead 30+ hrs ago and still nomore spawn. 

Looks like atm rhyniognatha included into server limit quetz (imho).

my theory : after released tek quetz  both type was merged into unique class something like GigantFlyer (random name) and quntity limit was set for class not for type of dino. and for some reason after rhynio was released it just was included into that class for spawn limit. and now we have what we have very low chance to find one

06/09/2023 some about 6 am GMT killed 2 male rhynio and 30-40 min later saw one more was killed. still no any new spawned on server 

Edited by DelvinRift

1 hour ago, R34jeromegtr said:

After killing all big creatures and everything on the swamp the best I can do is 1 every 5-8 hours 

i work from home so while I’m handling meetings and working. I’m killing the god damned swamp. Wildcard is some bullpoop doing this. 

I really think the spawnrate is actually PERFECT. I mean its an unique spawn and it is also in a somewhat accesible area for starters. Besides that on PvE, you can trap it and share it! (Even though collecting male juice is a prerequisite for sharing the female as a balloonfactory) Having one with an actual rare spawnrate feels like a triumph. The "rare" spawnrate of the gigas is utter nonsence. If it was like the giga spawnrate, we all would have ended up with dozens of them already! How rare do you want it, no I want everything! Give me more bleeh! Greedy childlike-people like this ruin the game... Also the mechanic behind getting decent level offspring makes find really high levels somewhat pointless...

AND BESIDES THAT !

I already have 2 and didnt even try that hard, and I also gave 1 Pheromone away to someone else because I already had 3. So I could have ended up with even more.
Maybe whining kids should have had a lower spawnrate on this planet 0.o

• Thanks 1

i tamed giga in release day as far as i remeber it was 2015, it was solo and without trap and kibbble. that time wild giga was 300k hp and it was bigger than stone behemote gate, after timing it was only 150k hp and next day it had only 75k hp. i just wanna have opportunity test it onreal official server not local/privat.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Rhyniognatha - Mega Thread
On 6/7/2023 at 8:25 PM, scruffynerf said:

On PvE it can pick up YOUR tribe dinos and YOUR structures (forge, vaults, etc.)

It is a Bio version of the EXO mech. Even if almost as difficult to obtain.

excellent point.  I was too flip in dismissing its usefulness.  It is an acessable exo mek without having to buy into gen2.  Beyond that though, this animal shines brighter in PVP than it does on a PVE server.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:49 PM, GrumpyBear said:

excellent point.  I was too flip in dismissing its usefulness.  It is an acessable exo mek without having to buy into gen2.  Beyond that though, this animal shines brighter in PVP than it does on a PVE server.

I think transport capable creatures became far less relevant once Cryopods were introduced. Then again PvE is more about enjoying playing in different ways and varying the gameplay more than any kind of strict efficiency to get the upper hand. Who knows, with ASA if they don't add the cryopods on launch and creature pathing is improved maybe that item may not be needed as much adding some emphasis back to the transport creatures.

On 6/12/2023 at 11:49 AM, GrumpyBear said:

I have gen 2 and have zero chance of unlocking the Exo Mech as I am a solo tribe and can not find anyone to help with the required missions or boss fight.

So the bug was my only chance of having this feature.