Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And that's a logical fallacy. Just because it happened doesn't mean it will happen again. 

And just because it a happened once, doesn't mean people WON'T believe it will happen twice. Hell just look at the least two crunches and you'll see there are users who are asking for more than one creature to make it. Heck, even now there's people asking for a "Wild  Card's Favorite"

3 hours ago, Maria064 said:

Love all the art. They are so good! 

if the foliage is so much more detailed then in ARK 1. Won't that mean that the size of the game will be even bigger and take more of the PC? 

not necessary: they will use a better asset format (should be more or less the same used by console version of ARK). if they would also add an extra modern layer of compression (windows 10 offers one but isn't "live" like console) game could weight far less. They could also ditch LODs and leave all to nanite to cut more weight, but this will impact really bad on weak and old hardware (on powerful and modern hardware may improve performance a bit).

currently using external tools like compactgui you can spare at least almost 50% of filesize without performance overhead. you can gain even more at a cost of runtime cpu usage.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed something and it sparked a little lightbulb ....... in the middle of both trees in small writing 'both models captured in UE5' 

Soooo did they 'import' assets FROM ase into UE5 then show off a 'new' model of a generic looking tree which is much more polygon intensive hence looks way better

OR is that a complete 'remaster' of a tree found in ase that they have vajazzled up into the fancy one?

Basically WHY is a tree from ase even IN UE5 on that comparison?  IF you wanted to really blow our socks off you should have had different settings from ase low / mid / high and ultra then this tree made in UE5 ... 

All i can see now in them two images is mid and ultra settings now and it wouldnt shock me one bit if it was true either - just look at the current ark in different gfx settings and u can see a massive difference - and if asa is not optimized all most people are going to see is the tree on the left anyways!

50 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

Just noticed something and it sparked a little lightbulb ....... in the middle of both trees in small writing 'both models captured in UE5' 

Soooo did they 'import' assets FROM ase into UE5 then show off a 'new' model of a generic looking tree which is much more polygon intensive hence looks way better

OR is that a complete 'remaster' of a tree found in ase that they have vajazzled up into the fancy one?

Basically WHY is a tree from ase even IN UE5 on that comparison?  IF you wanted to really blow our socks off you should have had different settings from ase low / mid / high and ultra then this tree made in UE5 ... 

All i can see now in them two images is mid and ultra settings now and it wouldnt shock me one bit if it was true either - just look at the current ark in different gfx settings and u can see a massive difference - and if asa is not optimized all most people are going to see is the tree on the left anyways!

Importing an asset from Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) to Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) would result in the asset being imported into UE5 as it existed in UE4. In other words, the asset itself would not be "new" in UE5, but rather a copy of the original asset would be created in UE5.

However, once the asset is imported into UE5, you can take advantage of new features and capabilities of UE5 to further modify and enhance the asset. For example, UE5 introduces the Nanite rendering technology, which can handle massive amounts of geometric detail and texture data in real-time, enabling high-fidelity graphics and visual effects that were not possible in UE4. Therefore, you could use Nanite to further refine the imported asset in UE5.

In summary, importing an asset from UE4 to UE5 creates a copy of the original asset in UE5, but you can take advantage of new features in UE5 to further improve the asset.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Having better fire resistance isn't enough? And high? Gallimimus is stated in the dossier to be faster than speed tamed raptors... and is a three seater. just because a creature isn't a copy paste "fast giga killer" doesn't mean it's boring. I find it more boring that each and every carnivore is basically the same... with the only "different thing" being that "This one flies" or "This one's really big"... Eight meat eaters in a row (and yes, I'm counting Omnivores because they are effectively the same thing) has made me and many others lose taste for them, it's time for something else to win for a change, something that ONLY eats the leafy green stuff.

I agree with you on that topic. that´s just my thoughts on how to get them more popular. It´s just the whole pvp-meta, that shows it´s ugly face over every contest.
it´s often the carnivores that have the ability to fend off enemies, while still keeping some kind of speed. 
Anky for example is surely a menace but it´s way too slow to be enjoyable or must be transported via flyer. 
While Galli is for sure the best ground travel mount for pure speed.. but it lacks the capability to fend off attackers. 
The masses want omnipotent creatures that can fight or have incredible abilities. But since they cant vote over ability the often go for thee rule of cool, I guess. 
I don´t think that this will change soon

Well, I've been on the road a lot with Gallis. Yes they are not good for defense, but they don't have to be. There are other animals that you can take with you.
We have also had gallis as transporters for transport through dangerous areas. Fleeing works pretty well with them. (Whereby at the moment there are again problems with the following of most animals, unfavorable delays and so on).

We have often done it in the group so, one was with Galli, if someone else what happens.
Then there were a few wolves that followed and the like.
Depending on what was planned.

Currently I'm a lot with Moschops or horse on the road (Other animals we can ride we have not yet, because the saddles are not yet unlocked) and sometimes have a group of Dimorphs with them, or Pachys, Compys and sometimes Paras.
Paras can already carry a lot.
I find it so nice that the animals are so different.
Mostly it's just that people always want to reach everything fast and want to be invincible.

But they miss so much.
I also change the animals with me by Ini.
The Direbear and Dinopethicus got the battle damage reduced, but only as farm animals, the wild ones are still very strong.

I will also look at the other animals what I can reduce, so that they are somewhat more balanced.

I would also celebrate it if you can set it, which value how far leveled / mutated aknn.
There I would also limit properly. Especially at the speed. (Running animals and not rideable flying animals such as dimorphs, because with me rideable flying animals eh there can not be leveled).

With the horses it would be nice if they can move at least when riding also more closely around the curve. At least if you press an additional button.

39 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

Well, I've been on the road a lot with Gallis. Yes they are not good for defense, but they don't have to be. There are other animals that you can take with you.
We have also had gallis as transporters for transport through dangerous areas. Fleeing works pretty well with them. (Whereby at the moment there are again problems with the following of most animals, unfavorable delays and so on).

We have often done it in the group so, one was with Galli, if someone else what happens.
Then there were a few wolves that followed and the like.
Depending on what was planned.

Currently I'm a lot with Moschops or horse on the road (Other animals we can ride we have not yet, because the saddles are not yet unlocked) and sometimes have a group of Dimorphs with them, or Pachys, Compys and sometimes Paras.
Paras can already carry a lot.
I find it so nice that the animals are so different.
Mostly it's just that people always want to reach everything fast and want to be invincible.

But they miss so much.
I also change the animals with me by Ini.
The Direbear and Dinopethicus got the battle damage reduced, but only as farm animals, the wild ones are still very strong.

I will also look at the other animals what I can reduce, so that they are somewhat more balanced.

I would also celebrate it if you can set it, which value how far leveled / mutated aknn.
There I would also limit properly. Especially at the speed. (Running animals and not rideable flying animals such as dimorphs, because with me rideable flying animals eh there can not be leveled).

With the horses it would be nice if they can move at least when riding also more closely around the curve. At least if you press an additional button.

Adding on, ASA's going to have better AI pathfinding... meaning a following creature be they tamed or wild won't get stuck as easily. So being fast and maneuverable will more than likely be a well desired trait for anyone travailing on land less they desire their slower tames become raptor food.

• Thanks 1

The amount of complaining from this community about everything just amazes me. Why do people need to complain about absolutely everything? Every week people find something to complain about. The fasola looks amazing and I voted for it, because, in my opinion, it was the best submission. But honestly, if we ended up with a little spider or a giant beetle or whatever, I would be happy and excited. I believe that's the appropriate response. It seems like most of the individuals in this community are extremely entitled and implacable. Wildcard doesn't need to remaster and improve our beloved game. They don't need to make Ark 2. They don't need to expand the amount of dinos we have. I have never played another game that is as consistently updated as much as Ark. Wildcard has given us an amazing game. In my opinion, it is the best game ever made. If you're pessimistic about everything, my recommendation is to not play Ark and go on to another game. No one likes to hear your persistent complaining. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 months before the release of the remaster. What did we get to show and prove us it would be worth our money rebuying the same game? 

A 3D render of the game's asset. 

Nice, it totally does not encourage me to give Wildcard any benefit of a doubt. Is there anyone at Wildcard who realised it is the TIME to show as much as possible of the remaster after the severe community backlash? Or everyone is out of touch there still?

Also, when will you put any offcial announcement on steam page ARK Survival Evolved would lose all official multiplayer functionality in August so customers could make an educated purchase?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Entin said:

Heyyy I know that tree! 

Happy to see not-a-bug win! Too bad we still don't have a good veggie cake dino on scorched though 😛

Hyped for the dossier too! 

A creature vote without a bug win is a good win in my eyes, I'm mad that Gorgonops was one of the bottom creatures to be knocked out, but I'm fine with the ancient Croc, he was my #4 pick so yeah. I hope WC will kepp the model similar to the concept, but if not I'm happy with that too!!

15 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

If only wc would make clear what ASA really is, is UT just better graphics, or is it better altogether. I also don't like that they are hiding it be behind a console, not everyone has a next Gen. Not everyone has the money either. 

I think it is the latter of the choices you put there. I do understand both sides of the argument with why they only have new gen console. One the one hand its really bad for those who only have old gen consoles (like me) or can't afford a new gen consoles. But I understand that the game would crash more often or freeze for hours on older consoles because I have seen it and had it happen to me with other games. So I just done with console for Ark and I'm gonna just be safe and save for a PC that can run ASA.

6 hours ago, Jobard said:

When I see Gorgonops at end of list... 😵
Seriously... it's a dino like Dino Crisis 2... And like Primeval (series)... what the hell guys...

I KNOW!!!! Last two times, that has been my number one pick and seeing it at the end of the list made me sad and annoyed...

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Adding on, ASA's going to have better AI pathfinding... meaning a following creature be they tamed or wild won't get stuck as easily. So being fast and maneuverable will more than likely be a well desired trait for anyone travailing on land less they desire their slower tames become raptor food.

Great just what we need, scarier/smarter aberrant raptors or kapros. I happy that I won't be losing as many animals to stupid whistle commands, but tricking ab. raptor is already so hard, but now that they are smater, we're doomed. 

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1

To anyone out there complaining about servers being shut down.

Things come and go that's just how life is you cannot expect that something will last forever. Wild Card knows what they are doing. So grow up, stop complaining about a pointless video game and do something with your life.

Can't wait for the release of ASA keep up the good work WC. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Asa, will you have the classic holiday events, and will there be an aberration creature vote, and will you bring back the dodorex and dodowyvern?

Also maybe there could be dodo variants for other maps like a dodoreaper, dodogarmr/ dodolonasaur, dodomagmus (magmasaur version), and dodosummoner? I thought a dodomane would be pretty boring and summoners haven't gotten any love. Maybe even dodononychus, dodopithecus, dodosulfr, dodognathus, and dodomosa? I think more dodo variants would make other maps without the rex or wyvern more interesting during events, especially having more options to choose from during the Thanksgiving or Christmas events. Imagine speeding through the waters on a fire powered mosa, or building an army of dodos with the summoner, or doing fire bursts on a mana, or spitting lava on the magmasaur or using the reaper to fire flaming debris. The possibilities are endless! Please WC, please!

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I'll admit this gave me a good chuckle, namely because I know improved graphics will be wasted on the pvp players who'll go "huh, neat" before immediately turning down their graphics to the bare minimum to boost performance.

Won't ASA have a better reporting system to curb cheating like such as INI file tampering? Could have sworn I read something along those lines