About ASE and ASA

ORPHUNTER123

There is been some bad days for the ark series however with the come of Ark Survival Ascended and most important the wipe of all official server some true must be told to the public.

Lest resume the FACTS:

1- People complaining about prices: Irrelevant. if u play ark u kwon its your second life game such as GTAV or other games for life, U DONT HAVE OTHER GAMES, paying 49$ or 800$ is the same thing, since its literally going to be your game that will consume you for years since his nature.

2- The real problem: Official Wiping server.  Lest face it and put it simple so every player can understand it, ARK = NO FUN, if you want to have fun u play MTS, survival of the fitnes, fibercraft,modded ark, pvp youtubers ark, warever you want to call it. People play officia for the only reason that is to be unlesh with out any contorl for administrators besaid meshing and exploting the game, people have years building great dinos and great proyects, official in all his forms AKA, Hardcora, raidproyection,small tribes, duos, solo,etc. is the only thing people keep doing and playing the game for. Moving to single player is no fun. even tho we never really have fun in official., wiping it just make no sence.

Lest talk about the business model and why its wrong:

1- Ark survival Ascended + ark 2: We alredy kwon Ark 2 its gona be a completly different PVP and game than Ark 1 only in third person and with also another things out, but. why they reset everything in ark 1? do they really thing people are just accept it and start from 0 when ark 2 is gona come out with a fresh experiencie and all. why dont makre ark 2 another DLC if its gona be in the same unreal engine and everything. do they really want to merge the games in another 4 years and what not?. it just dosnt make any sence at all, reseting one game and doing the other with a new fresh experiencie its the same as ATLAS they try and they failed.

2- Business model: Why why and more why, you need money? simple, put a battle pass of ark ofering skins of dinos , players,etc. there is so many options for a good business model if you really want money so bad, just why not take options and not make only money on the phisical game and all the corruptions on the blakc market sellings dinos.

And finally the true:

They bassicly rebranding the Ark survival evolved brand, maybe they want to get out of the power of snail games and only be wild card, because it all seems to be a split decitions beside 2 companies, the public its not stupid or dumb, is as easy just to say twitter: "hey guys because of the recently corruptions of administrators in snailgames and wildcard, we gona do some changes we so sorry for bla bla bla", its not that hard to actually communicate to people as a company. but they are afraid, afraid at the community for a bad review, when they well kwon we cant do anything to prevent therer decitions out, people are just still gona play ark2, and the new ark 1 remastered. but at what cost?. at the cost of in another 4 yearsanother mga wipe or merge the 2 game sin one because they were dying so fast?, at the cost of people keep eating there lies and the only rules of the game been exploiters meshers and corrupted administrators?.

For how long people need to keep earing lies.

Wild card yu did it you gave is a triple A game with out been a big company at all, but u miss the point, your games wildcard ARE NOT TRIPLE A, they are something better than that they manage to be what all games want to be these days and that is a game for a life age, you dont need good stories, you dont need grapichs, all yu need is lisen to the problems, think on them, and have more customer suport and balance into your games.

• Like 1

If I'm reading the release info right ALL current official Ark servers will be removed to introduce the new version of those same maps in a improved version.  Lets be clear this is the SAME game and maps WE'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS.  However for use to keep playing the game we now will have to REPAY FOR THE SAME GAME WE'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS!  I for one find this EXTREMELY INSULTING.   I have over 20,000 hours of gameplay in Ark, and NOW the devs tell us we have to REPAY for this content with some improvements.   I'm really trying to figure out what the devs think of us players.  WE'VE already PAYED for the game and the maps, but now you want us to pay a second time and start all new characters in existentially the same game and maps.   Yes it is great that they are moving it all to a new improved system and better graphics, but I will need more then that to REPAY for Ark, ALOT MORE.  I this gives us full VR support and alot of new content not just basically reskinned game world and creatures maybe I see pay some for it, but not Repaying the FULL value of the game all over again, that is just unfair to use the loyal players and consumers of this game.   At most I think the players that have had this game Original Version Ark should be given a 75% to 50% discount to repurchasing the game in its new upgraded form.   Please let me know what you all think and if I'm misreading what is going on because I'm confused how they can think this would be okay with the loyal players.

Hello,

Well, great.  Congratulations on your ingenuity.  I'm just going to inform Sony that your product is still being sold on psn as an online game.  Acquired rights there is also a relevant paragraph.  I bought this game online, not single, and I have full right to a refund. I can pay $40 for Ark2 but a remaster like gta costs €10 and your remaster is $40. Want to keep arc 1 enter micro payments.  I will gladly pay this g1 set $5/10/15 for all missions, etc. I'd love to buy the remaster, but give me one positive reason for losing 22,500 hours of play to buy the remaster?  Is this supposed to be an incentive?  Rather gross.  I play until the last day of ARK1 if they remove it as announced, I remove Ark even from the console. 

Besides, if someone buys now on sale on PSN for 25 €, he its in the bottle because he bought the game for online play and here it will be turned off in a few months.  This mainly applies to faithful PS4 and XBox One players.

Your target product contains critical bugs.  Players have rather paid for a game without such flaws, where you can score several Blue Screens in an hour and lose something! Maybe first remove Blue screens from ark1, lags and bugs in the game.  Give us the product we expect, not the product that takes our money.  How can we be sure that it will not be like in Ark 1 Blue screen behind blue screen?  That it will be flawless like Ark 1?

Edited by Noffek

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Clarification on Ark: Survival Evolved and Ark: Ascended
8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Sony doesn’t have an ounce of control over what WildCard does with their game. 

In a way, Sony cooperates with the Wild Card otherwise the game would not be available in the Sony store. am I wrong? Maybe I don't have to buy premiums on PSN anymore.

Maybe this is the only reason to buy PS4 and this game?

Yes, my wife and I play ARK just the two of us.  One friend from the game has left us.  Are we really going to lose it?  The atmosphere, the nerves because of the bugs, but that's what makes ARK 1 what attracts us.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

service@de.playstation.com

That its Sony's email address. Work!  A complaint against wildcard has already been filed, it's time for you, let's protect our bases and dinos. :)

Also, I will go further and not sacrifice 22,511 game hours for the revenue of this company.

For my part, in the XBox shop, I have also inserted a "notice to customers" in the "Reviews section", very explicitly and with a date and site where you can check my Server closure information

(not everyone reads reviews before buying, but someone yes, I read them all the time, so it's still something)

On 4/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, ORPHUNTER123 said:

They bassicly rebranding the Ark survival evolved brand, maybe they want to get out of the power of snail games and only be wild card, because it all seems to be a split decitions beside 2 companies, the public its not stupid or dumb, is as easy just to say twitter: "hey guys because of the recently corruptions of administrators in snailgames and wildcard, we gona do some changes we so sorry for bla bla bla", its not that hard to actually communicate to people as a company.

I don't think an employee publicly calling their boss corrupt would end well for them.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to About ASE and ASA

Lest resume the FACTS:

Well no, these are mostly your opinions but still worth discussing.

1- People complaining about prices: Irrelevant.

Yeah, see this is a good example of "not a fact", it's your opinion. Many people will tell you you're wrong, prices is extremely releveant.

WildCard told people the conversion to UE4 would be free but now they're charging $90, that's pretty darned relevant. Maybe not to you, but to lots of people.

if u play ark u kwon its your second life game such as GTAV or other games for life, U DONT HAVE OTHER GAMES

Again, not a fact, just your opinion. Actually not even your opinion, it's just a description of how you play the game.

Lots of people play "HAVE OTHER GAMES" in addition to playing ARK, that's a real fact.

paying 49$ or 800$ is the same thing

Nope.

2- The real problem: Official Wiping server

That is "a" problem, and it's certainly real for many people, but it's not "The real" problem. Only a minority of people play Official servers, and while it's a huge problem for those people (and it's a problem that everyone should have sympathy for) it's "The real" problem for you, not for a majority of players.

ARK = NO FUN

Seriously, do you even know what a fact is? Plenty of people have fun on the official servers.

wiping it just make no sence.

Unfortunately it probably does make sense. It's a cruel thing to do, but like most game companies they want to push people to play the newest versio of their game because that's how they make money. The minute that ASA is published and ready for people to purchase, they won't be making any more money from ARK-classic, and that means the Official servers need to support the new version that's making money.

This doesn't mean I like it, any more than you do. In their previous communications they said that the upgrade to UE5 would be free and they also implied that the servers would also be upgraded at the same time. That's a terrible way to treat people, but unfortunately it probably makes sense to them because that's what's going to make the most money for them.

Lest talk about the business model and why its wrong:

1- Ark survival Ascended + ark 2: We alredy kwon Ark 2 its gona be a completly different PVP and game than Ark 1 only in third person and with also another things out, but. why they reset everything in ark 1? do they really thing people are just accept it and start from 0 when ark 2 is gona come out with a fresh experiencie and all.

Yes, that's exactly what they think and, unfortunately again, they're probably right.

WildCard has seen a long history of players complaining and then still giving them money. The only reason WC would change their plans is if large numbers of people refuse to buy ASA. If they are able to make lots of money then they don't care how much people complain, money talks louder the complaining.

In my opinion one of the reasons they're doing it this way is specifically becuase they're afraid not enough people would buy ARK2 because it's different from ARK. If they published ARK2 and no one bought it then that would be a big failure. But if they bundle ASA + ARK2 then lots of people will automatically own the ARK2 base game and they can make claims about how many copies of ARK2 they've "sold" and it makes it easier to get people to buy the DLC for ARK2.

Game players are generally pretty predictable - if you sell them one game and then bundle a second game with it then a lot of people are going to play the second game also. Then, if they're already playing the second game they're more likely to buy the DLC for the second game.

As a business model they are doing something really smart, it's also a pretty crappy way to treat players... but they're still going to make money becuase too many people are going to be willing to give them money for this.

do they really want to merge the games in another 4 years and what not?

No, not at all. They want ASA and ARK2 to be two completely different games. ASA will help them keep making money until ARK2 is ready, and when ARK2 is "given away" to all of the people who own ASA they will be able to sell DLC's for ARK2 to many of the people who got it "for free".

its the same as ATLAS they try and they failed.

It's nothing like Atlas, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Atlas had no connection to ARK, the theme was different, the sales model was different, there was no bundling with ARK + Atlas... and there are other differences that don't need to be discussed. Bottom line is that this is very different from Atlas.

2- Business model: Why why and more why, you need money? simple, put a battle pass of ark ofering skins of dinos , players,etc. there is so many options for a good business model if you really want money so bad, just why not take options and not make only money on the phisical game and all the corruptions on the blakc market sellings dinos.

That does sound like a good idea, it certainly works well for FunCom with Conan. It seems odd that WC has seemingly never considered this. Cosmetics make a bunch of money for many games, it certainly feels like this could be true for ARK also.

They bassicly rebranding the Ark survival evolved brand, maybe they want to get out of the power of snail games and only be wild card, because it all seems to be a split decitions beside 2 companies, the public its not stupid or dumb, is as easy just to say twitter: "hey guys because of the recently corruptions of administrators in snailgames and wildcard, we gona do some changes we so sorry for bla bla bla"

That's definitely not the issue, WildCard was like this before Snail Games bought them.

but they are afraid, afraid at the community for a bad review, when they well kwon we cant do anything to prevent therer decitions out

Not true, obviously they're not afraid of the community or bad reviews, if they were afraid then they never would have decided to do what they're doing.

people are just still gona play ark2, and the new ark 1 remastered

Which is why this problem exists. If players were willing to vote with the dollars and refuse to buy this new edition then WC would actually be "afraid of the community or bad reviews", but too many players are going to complain but then give them money anyway, they know they can get away with it.

but at what cost?.

At the cost of $90... apparently.

at the cost of people keep eating there lies

Yup, unless people are willing to walk away from the game. Stop giving them money, that's your only true choice, everything else is just talk.

22 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

In 5 months Ark: A won’t run on a PS4. 

You would be left running the old Ark  on a private server as all the officials will be gone. 

Nothing Sony can do about. Only thing they can do is pull it from the store. 

I understand that it will disappear for PS4 and Xbox one.  If it remains for me to play on a rented server or on SP.  In that case, wanting to save me Dino. Where do I write about my active server files? I have 12 aktive server There are dinos, materials, etc. on each and I don't intend to lose them, so where can I get the appropriate files to transfer?  Though I'm not 100% sure this operation is possible for PS4 users.  Know this would be a mockery and discrimination against PS4 users?

in addition, WIldCard continues to market its ARK 1 Product as an online game without appropriate endorsements.

IN ADDITION!!  I Bought A PRODUCT THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE A BLUE SCREEN!  When yesterday I devoted only one hour to the single, I scored about 17 BlueScreen.  Is it a valuable product? not because it contains errors even from a few years ago that have not been removed so far.  It's scary to think when these errors will transfer to ASA and it's inevitable!

Another problem is that in some countries there is a legal provision about acquired rights ;) Also + application bugs, etc. It will pile up.

WildCard cannot be trusted in any way.  It does not meet the deadlines for the release of applications, updates, all information about planned releases is always postponed.  Blue screen wasn't a part of ARK1 life either, lags were but not common BS!  Now it's like closing the game when you exit BS, Teleport BS, tame dino BS.  Do you think it's easy to play with this bug on PS4?

And so far, because of the BS or terrible lags, they are not able to get through the missions on their own.

Note that there are also people who can't afford the equipment or the Internet, some use 16Mb/s, for example, because there is no other option due to the location of residence.

Do you advise relocation?  It costs the same as moving to a private server.  Providing the possibility of building your own server, eg for installation on your own NaS server, or PC as in the case of MK MS.

For WC its that be easy anyway Because ARK 1 can't be repaired, so if you don't want to receive a BS report every 15 seconds, it's better to take the game down.

In addition, ASA is a PVP mode so it doesn't encourage me to buy anymore, same as Ark2.

And there are still plenty of reasons to leave ARK1 until ARK2 is released

they don't know
now ark asc earns more money with his exp 59 $ and then surely ark 2 will cost 50 $
Adequate price $ 20 ark asc and all its ldc.
But from the ark 1 servers nothing is canceled
They can already put 20x servers in April in everything, there are almost no people playing on the ark 1 servers
They disappear in August.

Why you guys are all still here? You are only cashcows, face it. As i wrote somewhere long ago, use the power of a clever customer. You decide to buy or not. If you buy, you send also a signal to other companies. If no one going to buy, they will turn their mind within days..

PS: my last post here, logging out and never coming back. I dont support such behaviour.

Well, I've saved $30 so I'm happy about the change. I never wanted or liked the sound of Ark2 anyway. Souls-like games hold no interest for me. Much better to have ASA for $60 instead of $90.

EDIT - couple of weeks later and just wanna say after letting it all sink in, I won't be buying anyway.

Well, maybe I will after all the maps are out and the bugs fixed, and it's in the inevitable sales. But $60 to grind it all out just with the Island and Scorched Earth just doesn't sound like fun. Also the way they have done the blanket shut down of officials just leaves such a nasty taste in the mouth. Pretty scummy way to treat the player base imo - phased shut downs with proper full info for those on xbox and PS is the minimum they could do.

Edited by Luizza

They get more money out of ppl who will buy ark2. But they get less from those who dont. Instead of the bundle forcing everyone to pay a little extra for ark2 they now want to make up by making the ones that freely decide for it pay more. I woulda preferred the bundle, because i wouldnt necessarily buy the expansions, but this option makes more sense. Doesnt force ppl to buy something they dont know and might not like. With the bundle wildcard said „many of you might not like ark2 because it is very different, so we remake ark1 so its set for many years to come. But to get the remaster you have to buy ark2 as well“. It was contradicting and possibly brought issues with ark2 also being on the games pass, plus taking away refund options for ark2.

They have done a weird juggling with prices there and im not a fan of it, but i can live with it. Coulda been 10$ less imo, or have an option to bundle it with ark2 if u want to tho.

Will a new web page of Dododex ARK: Survival Evolved Companion be required for ASA?

Will a new web wiki of ARK: Survival Evolved Fandom be required for ASA data?

Are the existing maps for Explorers, Spawn, Resource's going to have to be remade for ASA, since the base maps are not changing?

Are Artifact's being changed, are there locations ?

Boss fights?

Will we still be limited to 50 items on transfer?

Still going to have transfer naked (on official)?

Pillar spamming going to be stopped?

Decay timers changed?

Number of dino's tamed?

Changes to kibble? Consumables?

Edited by Frack
clarify question

Will player stats be modified (know the model changes)?

Will dino stats be modified (know the model changes)?

The maps are not changing (we assume) but will the size? UE5 has World Partition which allows a larger size

Will any of the more popular MODs be added to ASA so we don't need to download them, thus being available to official servers

Will any changes be made to how big we can build bases, how many tames we can have, Tribe sizes?

Any  engram changes? What about ones tied to maps not released with ASA?

What about Level caps?

Better Tribe Management interface?

Explorer Notes ?

Will windmills work on all maps now 24/7?

Specimen Implant : Why aren't they used  to move survivors achievements to ASA from ASE, thus they could keep their levels, Survival Quotient's. Chibi-Dino levels, Explorer Notes levels, Runes levels

Edited by Frack
add question

5 hours ago, Frack said:

Will player stats be modified (know the model changes)?

Will dino stats be modified (know the model changes)?

The maps are not changing (we assume) but will the size? UE5 has World Partition which allows a larger size

Will any of the more popular MODs be added to ASA so we don't need to download them, thus being available to official servers

Will any changes be made to how big we can build bases, how many tames we can have, Tribe sizes?

Any  engram changes? What about ones tied to maps not released with ASA?

What about Level caps?

Better Tribe Management interface?

Explorer Notes ?

Will windmills work on all maps now 24/7?

Specimen Implant : Why aren't they used  to move survivors achievements to ASA from ASE, thus they could keep their levels, Survival Quotient's. Chibi-Dino levels, Explorer Notes levels, Runes levels

It is doubtful that most of these changes will be implemented.  I suspect that it will only be Adaptation of ARK1 to ASA. 

Not much changes here as a rule.  I'm wondering how they want to solve the Blue Screen because it's becoming more and more frequent.  (am I the only one who noticed this? when deleting stopwatches?)

Teleport DC or BS

Out game DC or BS

Tamming DC or BS

But leaving the server: with the command let go and quit almost always ends up with a Blue Screen.

This is why I lost another character, about 8 lost characters in total, but we play until the end and when we enter the ASA market, we leave ARK.  The wild card is not eager to give answers on this subject and rather he will not explain himself to us, after all, his gra does what he wants with it, we are not important.  OUR WALLETS ARE IMPORTANT FOR THEM! They've already proved it themselves.

Take a look now at EVEN LIVE STREM that helps children. This cruel but also takes away from them a part of our lives that we devote to this game to participate in this worthy cause.  (Yes I know I can always pay).

But not so expensive.  It gives me great pleasure to support this action.  In return, each of us could enjoy the rate of 8x+

When we leave ARK, the money for this will also leave.  And many others. 

Here they showed that it is not important for them. Because most of the players, even those who are actively resisting the purchase of ASA, will probably buy it anyway just to see, check and decide.

And that's why the Wild Card does nothing, he know that she bought it anyway.  (note that a clean map will work perfectly fine for a period of time, clean cache memory, no structures and dino masses in the bases.)

Even if they gave guarantees that there would be no problem, I would not trust them with the purchase of ASA.

Even if they gave guarantees that there would be no problem, I no longer trust them and this affects my final decision to buy ASA or ARK2.

I'm left with a pity because people interact perfectly with each other.

On single or Dedicated this is no longer the game.