GM policy on replacing lost stuff

Oieru

Considering the amount and absurdity of false positive situations of legitimate gameplay at the moment with the anti-mesh system (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/500802-anti-mesh-system-false-positives/&tab=comments#comment-2761064 ), @Cedric, what is the official position of GMs replacing lost stuff (dinos, items etc.)?

I know for a fact and have received an answer from them a few weeks ago with regard to a ticket, that they will not replace any items, won't raise any babies, only spawn in level 201 creatures, that are basically completely useless and worse than most wild tames. This is the current internal policy regarding lost stuff because of bugs. A few months ago, some GMs would at least offer to raise a baby to replace your lost tame and that would have covered the loss most of the time. For some reason, even this changed and covering your lost hours of breeding and raising is now considered unacceptable.

And since bugs are not a player's fault, what is then the purpose of submitting a ticket if they persist and you won't be reimbursed? I have also never ever received any answer to a submitted bug report since the launch of that section in July 2018. The bugs submitted there are still present.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Oieru said:

Considering the amount and absurdity of false positive situations of legitimate gameplay at the moment with the anti-mesh system (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/500802-anti-mesh-system-false-positives/&tab=comments#comment-2761064 ), @Cedric, what is the official position of GMs replacing lost stuff (dinos, items etc.)?

I know for a fact and have received an answer from them a few weeks ago with regard to a ticket, that they will not replace any items, won't raise any babies, only spawn in level 201 creatures, that are basically completely useless and worse than most wild tames. This is the current internal policy regarding lost stuff because of bugs. A few months ago, some GMs would at least offer to raise a baby to replace your lost tame and that would have covered the loss most of the time. For some reason, even this changed and covering your lost hours of breeding and raising is now considered unacceptable.

And since bugs are not a player's fault, what is then the purpose of submitting a ticket if they persist and you won't be reimbursed? I have also never ever received any answer to a submitted bug report since the launch of that section in July 2018. The bugs submitted there are still present.

I've spoken with the lead for the support staff.

The policy is that no items or dinos will be replaced because the support staff doesn't have the ability to verify whether or not it was killed/removed legitimately (it was in the mesh) or by a bug.

17 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The policy is that no items or dinos will be replaced because the support staff doesn't have the ability to verify whether or not it was killed/removed legitimately (it was in the mesh) or by a bug.

This is why I won’t be playing for a few weeks (maybe longer if problems continue). I won’t be the guinea pig for false positive reports while I lose full tek suits and 1100+ melee gigas. I will render while everything remains podded I guess. Good way to drive players out of the game...

25 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Thank you for the answer. But some players record their play sessions. Maybe a video will do the trick and make them reconsider.

To be honest, I have lost far more creatures to bugs than actual gameplay. Like a lot more.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Indeed, ppl abused reimbursement on early access a lot. 

16 hours ago, Oieru said:

I lost mammoth by teleporting back to base. And then ticket I submitted told me there nothing they can do... my tribe in abb lost a rock drake aleadly.... about to be mass quitting about to happen..

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You saying a whole bunch of people didn't lose their level 450 rexes? I don't believe you.

Where did i say that? I said that lot of ppl abused GM reimbursement on early access. There were tons of dinos "lost" intentionally and the reported lost to bug to get high lvl wild tames to tame.

@Luewenpretty sure he wrote it sarcastically.  

Losing a rex sucks but losing a giga or yuti is horrible. 1 or 2 weeks of every 8 hours imprinting. Losing something like that to a bug/lag is just garbage. I couldn't care less if I got killed while doing something (which is nearly impossible in this game on PVE) but losing tames to bugs just sucks and I can understand any anger people have for when it happens :D

I learned very quickly since legacy:

If it can't be replaced, don't use it. That includes dinos and gear

Avoid transfers at all costs unless you need engrams. Make alts for all servers you play on

If you submit a ticket and expect support to answer or solve your problems, you WILL be disappointed 

If you are expecting all mechanics to function properly 100% of the time, you are playing the wrong game

ARK is defined by the amount of tolerance a player has to accept and move on from whatever bugs the game throws at you. 

Think of it as part of the game.

Every patch and DLC launch will be a gong show.

Most important of all, when its patch day, don't log in.

ARK: Tolerance Evolved

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Avoid transfers at all costs unless you need engrams. Make alts for all servers you play on

If you submit a ticket and expect support to answer or solve your problems, you WILL be disappointed 

If you are expecting all mechanics to function properly 100% of the time, you are playing the wrong game

ARK is defined by the amount of tolerance a player has to accept and move on from whatever bugs the game throws at you. 

Never better spoken.

25 minutes ago, Demerus said:

This ought be placed as official servers' log in message......

1 minute ago, Countyford2016 said:

So your saying that the 615 gigas I lost due to the anti mesh bug will not be replaced by a gm imp and raise my new replacements?

According my personal statistics, 100% of item/ creature loss reported to support were not refunded, may change in future, but now it is 100% for me.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Countyford2016 said:

So your saying that the 615 gigas I lost due to the anti mesh bug will not be replaced by a gm imp and raise my new replacements?

According to support. Yes, if it's reported lost specifically due to the anti-mesh changes, it will not.

59 minutes ago, Demerus said:

We need 2 more commandments, Chosen One. Then we can publish them on 2 slabs and pin them on the store page.

7 hours ago, 1megatron124 said:

I lost mammoth by teleporting back to base. And then ticket I submitted told me there nothing they can do... my tribe in abb lost a rock drake aleadly.... about to be mass quitting about to happen..

The whole losing dinos on teleporters has a few contributing factors and could have more than one reason for it happening.  One major mistake I've seen on my island server from several people is having leashes overlapping their teleporters.  WHen you teleport out of an area w/ a leash on it, the animal is still bound by the leash when you tp away.  What happens is the animal will appear away from the tp directly in a line towards the leashed area.  As soon as you approach the animal after finding it, it will blink out and in further along the path towards the leash.  It is possible to eventually get the animal under control and mounted, but it could take several tries.  and eventually it could end up back at the leashed area if you keep going at it and never are able to mount it.

I had an ally just last night make this same claim and he found it based on my instructions.

Though it sounds possible this isnt' the case. Lately we have been seeing our tames show up incredibly late to the teleporter after we have already tp'ed.  Like you could tp back to see if it was left behind, find it not there, go back and it could show up a little after you get back again even.  If it never shows up, the other thing to do it check the map at location 50 50, as they sometimes end up there.

@GrumpyBearI had that happen a couple times but that was months ago, I though they fixes it haha.

We also had the insta death or ported under the mesh without anything on you and dino gone happen to us in the past. My friend was teleported under the mesh into the water, without gear and the dino he was sitting on just vanished while I was fine.

8 hours ago, Demerus said:

Otherwise agree. But on 4th line i have to disagree strongly. 99% of my support requests have been solved very efficiently and with satisfying outcome. And i have done a lot of those. Longest wait have been due xmas holiday for week. All others have been solved in less than 5 days.

I had an issue during December. Lost a mana, few argies , a rex and a ice wyvern. 
At the time I didn't know about the bug where you was unable to use the mana on the island. (during a lag spike I as mid jump) 

Reported the ticket and within the 24 hours it was responded to and had a 2 week wait for the appointment date.
(considering this was the Christmas period I thought it was a reasonable length of time to wait)

I would say I was grateful it was fixed, but the only disappointing thing was the levels of the replacement dinos. I had print screens to prove their levels and stats and even the tribe log of the transferring. I had just bought the 350 mana, lost it within minutes and gets replaced with a level 201.

Makes sense that people will always try to abuse the system when they can. But in our case it does make you question if the games worth playing after all the time you've put in doesn't get you back what you've actually lost. 

20 hours ago, Luewen said:

Otherwise agree. But on 4th line i have to disagree strongly. 99% of my support requests have been solved very efficiently and with satisfying outcome. And i have done a lot of those. Longest wait have been due xmas holiday for week. All others have been solved in less than 5 days.

You are one of the lucky ones then because since early access, my circle of ARK communities I frequent have had a majority of complaints.

Not to say there have been the rare occasion a GM has gone above the call of duty,

So to those GMs that take an extra few mins on their tickets...

Image result for good man thank you gif"

also keep in mind the "internal policies" change according to ticket volume and the alignment of the stars/planets

So what a GM is able to provide is handicapped day to day

Archived