Clans ruined ark

Newplayer

Clans ruined ark

Clans have taken over the game and their is no new sectors to start a base in now. If your a solo player just wanting to enjoy playing the game your base is destroyed by clans before you really get anywhere. Some are just scared you will become stronger then they are and others are just to lazy to get their own resources. So it's either you join Hitler's army and pick on new players or you just don't get to play. If a new map comes out mega clans take them over and other clans transfer in Dino's that are stronger then anything you can get on the map. Congratulations long time ark players you ruined the game you loved. Hope your happy being alone on a map.

This is like running in a race and then complaining that only 3 people out of everybody running can actually receive an award. ?

But you would think that the race is equal. Nope. No person is the same as another, and their decisions they make outside of competition, and inside of it, do have an impact on the outcome. The same is for a game where there is progress. Especially, when we are talking about a PvP game where people can come in and raid your base, kill your dinosaurs, take your wife (I added that lol). But yeah, come on, why play PvP if you are not going to enter with a winning strategy? Even then, what makes it fun is the fact that sometimes you can get served a pile of fail.

As for cheaters tho...

Ark is a cooperative tribe type of game, it just is.  That doesn't mean you can't play it solo, it just means that it's easier to play with a friend or 5.  My wife and I have been playing for awhile now, and we've managed to unlock most of our engrams, find a spot to put up bases on 3 different maps, and have been enjoying the game.  Sometimes you have to go beyond your comfort zone to find that place to set up shop and get the base built.  Is there excessive amounts of pillaring in Ark? Absolutely.. Is this against the CoC, in 80% of the cases, yes. The general rule is that if you see a place you want to build and there's a few dozen pillars out there, try to contact their owners. If that doesn't work, file a ticket with enforcement and have the pillars removed.   Keep in mind, not all pillars are placed to land grab, on Valguero, there are several places the community on the server has placed pillars because if that doesn't happen, the resources or spawns get built over and it hurts the entire server.   in truth, if I were on the Dev team, i'd consider adding in supporting code around vital spawns and resources which don't allow building, shouldn't be too difficult. Define a flag, write/incorporate the code that stops structures from being placed in the vicinity, hit the dev tools and draw out a box around those areas and add the flags, done.  Maybe not quite as simple as that, but doable. 

5 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

in truth, if I were on the Dev team, i'd consider adding in supporting code around vital spawns and resources which don't allow building, shouldn't be too difficult

There is high resource areas already flagged, but it needs to be greatly expanded for PvE only.

Not sure what could be done if bases are built there, maybe like how they did it when the Island map changed. But it would be a lot of work. I would think if it as a nature preserve update.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

This is like running in a race and then complaining that only 3 people out of everybody running can actually receive an award. ?

But you would think that the race is equal. Nope. No person is the same as another, and their decisions they make outside of competition, and inside of it, do have an impact on the outcome. The same is for a game where there is progress. Especially, when we are talking about a PvP game where people can come in and raid your base, kill your dinosaurs, take your wife (I added that lol). But yeah, come on, why play PvP if you are not going to enter with a winning strategy? Even then, what makes it fun is the fact that sometimes you can get served a pile of fail.

As for cheaters tho...

ARK: Bridenapping Evolved.  That is a new upper-limit on griefing...  And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

5 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

Ark is a cooperative tribe type of game, it just is.  That doesn't mean you can't play it solo, it just means that it's easier to play with a friend or 5.  My wife and I have been playing for awhile now, and we've managed to unlock most of our engrams, find a spot to put up bases on 3 different maps, and have been enjoying the game.  Sometimes you have to go beyond your comfort zone to find that place to set up shop and get the base built.  Is there excessive amounts of pillaring in Ark? Absolutely.. Is this against the CoC, in 80% of the cases, yes. The general rule is that if you see a place you want to build and there's a few dozen pillars out there, try to contact their owners. If that doesn't work, file a ticket with enforcement and have the pillars removed.   Keep in mind, not all pillars are placed to land grab, on Valguero, there are several places the community on the server has placed pillars because if that doesn't happen, the resources or spawns get built over and it hurts the entire server.   in truth, if I were on the Dev team, i'd consider adding in supporting code around vital spawns and resources which don't allow building, shouldn't be too difficult. Define a flag, write/incorporate the code that stops structures from being placed in the vicinity, hit the dev tools and draw out a box around those areas and add the flags, done.  Maybe not quite as simple as that, but doable. 

All your bases are belong to us

its one reason I stopped playing PvP,  I'm a solo player most times in the game as tribemembers only spend a hour or two online, PvP is very brutal and they seem to like to take their failed raids out on the smaller tribes.   The last time I played PvP, I had just finished building a small stone hut in a hidden spot, and had a couple dino's tamed,  I logged off to go get something to eat, came back a hour later, and everything was gone, I was dead.  That's been pretty much the entirety of my experience with PvP, they don't bug me one bit while im online but the second im offline, bye bye base and dinos.  So I quit PvP, went to PvE and haven't looked back sense.

Archived