Please allow resources to re-spawn in single player

Celee022

Suggestion

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

83 replies to this server topic

Good to know cheers. Will keep it at 0.1 and keep a close eye on respawns. We only have a couple of gaming sessions a week, so a quick fly round at the end to make sure isn’t a big deal. Not too worried about game crashes, it’s not happenedyet, new PC a bit of a beast (ark is ark though!).

Think i’ll go to extinction with her at the weekend and tame a couple of gachas. The plan was to play the maps in order and not move dinos forwards, only back, and only when the bosses are complete on the previous map. Other than gigas, I want a full scale breeding program for the OSDs on extinction. But I think i’ll make an exception for some gachas. My daughter loves the taming and the building, but doesn’t care for the grind, she heads off to fortnite for some scum gaming if I even mention a metal run. So, they may ease my load a little and allow us to do more fun stuff. Also, if some spawns disappear, this can compensate. My worry is too OP gear, but without owls, this should be ok, and they don’t drop saddles, so there’s reason to still chase the drops

A bit late, but I figured I'd respond for people searching for this. 

As someone else suggested, there seems to be a hard cap on the number of nodes on the map, and the cap much lower than what the map starts out with. 

I'm on day 90 or so and I'm just starting to see nodes respawn after clearing all the nodes from the volcano and the icy mountain to the north. These are nodes that definitely hadn't respawned before I exited the game, and I haven't messed with the respawn timer slider. 

IMO it's better this way, since it forces you to explore more of the map, plus there are enough resources on the map to craft every crafting/cooking station and then some, but if you're trying to build multiple bases with all the stations I can see how it might be frustrating. I have 4 Argentavis that I just fly around the map, one with 2000 carrying capacity, so I can mine like 30 stacks of metal/obsidian/crystal or more. 

I have noticed this too in my game but its a non dedicated private server on the island map...Since the latest update things are really getting bare and trees and such not spawning back as they normally do. I tried lowering some of the sliders down a few notches but it doesn't seem to change anything. I also have the single player setting box unchecked.

First, thank you for being an amazing dad. I remember having very good times playing with mine as well.

And second, I am sorry but i think i cant help much. I also runned no dedicated sessions for a couple people in my house and the resources always have problems respawning. Mostly cause the distance to the survivor and respawn timer. The solution was that you tried. Setting respawn distance to estructures and survivors to 0.1 and the respawn timer as well.

But i recognize even doing so, no all resources respawn well. And some even become like ghosts and i cant gather them, i just walk through them.

Ark works much better on a server

On 9/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Blaubund said:

Well after spending some days trying to find a solution to this 100% reproduceable bug, I finally found a reliable work-around.  This is not a fix for the problem, just a work-around when it occurs.  Devs, please fix this already!

Short Version: Use Spectator Mode

Detailed Version:

1. Before you click "Play Single Player", select the "Advanced" tab
  2. Crank all 4 "resource" sliders down to the minimum (0.01), making note of the original values so you can set them back later (use the slider, don't type in a 0 or it will be set back to 1.0)
    1. Structure Prevent Resource Radius
    2. Resources Respawn Period
    3. No Resource Radius - Players
    4. No Resource Radius - Structures (no idea why there are 2 of these for structures, but I used both)
  3. Click "Play Single Player" to start your game
  4. Go to the place where you need stuff to respawn
  5. Put all your equipment in a box (I used a vault that I spawned in)
    1. Don't forget your quick slots
    2. Don't forget the armor you're wearing
  6. Place a well-named sleeping bag so you can get back here later and retrieve all your stuff
  7. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat enablespectator" to enable spectator mode
    1. Your character and all your stuff will disappear, hence the box and sleeping bag
  8. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 20" to speed everything up
  9. Fly around in spectator mode away from your location (a few seconds should do)
  10. Fly back to your location
  11. Watch your resources respawn within a few seconds if they haven't already.  If not, try flying further away.
  12. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat slomo 1"  to slow everything back down to normal speed
  13. Hit <tab> and type in "cheat disablespectator" to disable spectator mode
    1. The game behaves kinda like you had died
  14. Select your sleeping bag and get your stuff out of the box
  15. Logout and reset your resource sliders to what they were before (1.0 is the default)

I hope this helps you as it helped me.

Thank you so much for this.  I had searched all over for a solution and this finally helped.  In truth, I never had to go into spectator mode, because after I changed all of the sliders that were recommended, by the time I had traveled to herbivore island the metal nodes had magically reappeared!  This was after months of nothing.

Sorry for the necro, but I needed to give credit where credit was due.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:04 PM, DaveH said:

Good to know cheers. Will keep it at 0.1 and keep a close eye on respawns. We only have a couple of gaming sessions a week, so a quick fly round at the end to make sure isn’t a big deal. Not too worried about game crashes, it’s not happenedyet, new PC a bit of a beast (ark is ark though!).

Think i’ll go to extinction with her at the weekend and tame a couple of gachas. The plan was to play the maps in order and not move dinos forwards, only back, and only when the bosses are complete on the previous map. Other than gigas, I want a full scale breeding program for the OSDs on extinction. But I think i’ll make an exception for some gachas. My daughter loves the taming and the building, but doesn’t care for the grind, she heads off to fortnite for some scum gaming if I even mention a metal run. So, they may ease my load a little and allow us to do more fun stuff. Also, if some spawns disappear, this can compensate. My worry is too OP gear, but without owls, this should be ok, and they don’t drop saddles, so there’s reason to still chase the drops

gacha nerf has hit pretty hard on the rolls, drops can get you better gear again.

Just now, TomBakerARK said:

I think I have them set as low as they will go with;

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=0.500000
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=0.500000

ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=0.010000

This seems to keep me or the dinos from getting stuck if they respawn.

I seem to remember there being an issue with me setting it to 0, I had to set it to something like 0.001 to get it to work.  I changed it in the actual ini file.  I think you have to Dino wipe too or something along those lines.  There was some kind of glitch that would make the respawn timer or respawn distance much larger and would block resources from respawning.

1 hour ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Yes! I have found a solution to this bug (through these forums actually) for my own Single Player game. It’s the last post in the thread I’m linking to below. It worked for me (also on herbivore island). I saved the last post of that thread on my computer as well, in case I need it again. Good luck!

Great find! Now thats taking inititave and i can admire that. Keep on being a great Dad, man!

Hello,

Even on offical metal and stone spawn at random time not all at once. Sure you can set respawn to 0.01 but that makes you mine nodes for ever as you move around a larger area, not fun.

In single player I think the game skip saveworld timers. So starting and play for 20 minutes just never enough for respawn. You can use command  slomo 5  and let it run until respawn. Slomo 7 is faster but skip respawn for me. Slomo 9 nothing respawn but all mature ok.

Hope it helps

Regards Ariana 

Here's from the patch notes. It's in PC format but it shows the actual multipliers involved.

Single Player Settings

These are settings which are automatically enabled in Single Player and Non Dedicated Servers. You can turn them off by disabling the ini setting, or just unchecking the box in your host options. These are the changes that occur when these settings are live:

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=0.200000
XPMultiplier=2.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.50000
ServerCrosshair=True
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
EnablePvPGamma=True
AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0.450000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0.415000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0.550000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0.550000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=1.000000
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=1.000000
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.125000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000
bFlyerPlatformAllowUnalignedDinoBasing=False
bAllowCustomRecipes=True
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True
MaxDifficulty=False
bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

The intention behind this change was to soothe the Single Player and Non-Dedicated experience to make it more approachable for those playing in smaller groups. Of course, you don't have to have these settings on, but they will make a significant difference to your game!

12 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Even on offical metal and stone spawn at random time not all at once. Sure you can set respawn to 0.01 but that makes you mine nodes for ever as you move around a larger area, not fun.

In single player I think the game skip saveworld timers. So starting and play for 20 minutes just never enough for respawn. You can use command  slomo 5  and let it run until respawn. Slomo 7 is faster but skip respawn for me. Slomo 9 nothing respawn but all mature ok.

Hope it helps

Regards Ariana 

Another nice work around thanks. But you still have to remember to do it.

WC could just add a respawn trigger for SP when the world loads.

45 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I tested with -preventhibernation and got the exact same results.

You are on console, aren't you? It might be a consoles specific issues. I did test on the Steam version. Either way, did you try decreasing the re-spawn multiplier and increasing slomo for a while?

I did decrease respawn. I am not sure if slomo is available to console. 

I wouldn't have needed it with a 5 hour game session though, right? 

It should have respawned in that time frame. Even if I would have left respawn at default, it should have respawned in that amount of time. 

Maybe it's console. Maybe it's canon maps. I just recently had stone and metal respawn in about 45 seconds to a minute on my Rag playthrough. I am running .1 respawn. 

I'll have to load up a SE or Extinction game then (don't want to mess with my Island playthrough) and a Center game to check. 

Archived