Dedicated slot for gas in items like Cooker, Grill, Forge, Chem bench

Suggestion

PS4 console user

I would like to see a special slot added to all items that use gas for power. You put the gas in there, but it stays put, like a dino's saddle when you do a transfer all.

So let's say you load up your Indy Grill with meat. You place in units of gas as well, and start cooking.  Minutes later, you access the grill, and hit transfer all into your character. The cooked meat transfers back to you, but the gas stays with the Grill in it's special slot. The only way to remove the gas, would be to specifically select it, just like when removing a saddle from a dino.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

43 replies to this server topic

Also makes it like metal raft, consuming the gas using percentage when switched on, so switching it on off for many times won't waste gas. Or add new structure GAS TANK that can be connected to whatever structure needing gas using gas pipe.

I usually make a small box near my fabricator/grill/industrial forge/chem bench, filled with gas, so when I need to craft or cook or forge I take one or two if I want to cook longer, so I won't waste too much. I also usually test how much metal is burned using one gas, so I can decide how many gas should I use to avoid wasting it.

Edited by DonaldDuck
On 4/25/2019 at 6:58 AM, Dasham86 said:

Or.  Something else you could do.  Which I do.  Transfer all to my inventory.  Then transfer all back.  It will take the fuel when you do that.  And the raw meat.  Doing this also clears the spoiled out of the grill.

I momst of the time have chainsaw and need some gas dosnt work for me XD Slot would be nice not a Workaround

9 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 console user

I would like to see a special slot added to all items that use gas for power. You put the gas in there, but it stays put, like a dino's saddle when you do a transfer all.

So let's say you load up your Indy Grill with meat. You place in units of gas as well, and start cooking.  Minutes later, you access the grill, and hit transfer all into your character. The cooked meat transfers back to you, but the gas stays with the Grill in it's special slot. The only way to remove the gas, would be to specifically select it, just like when removing a saddle from a dino.

Or.  Something else you could do.  Which I do.  Transfer all to my inventory.  Then transfer all back.  It will take the fuel when you do that.  And the raw meat.  Doing this also clears the spoiled out of the grill.

10 hours ago, Dasham86 said:

This works, unless you have more slots of meat in your inventory than the grill holds, and so often I have to then remove a meat from the grill, to then specifically add in the gas. (this often happens when I have a ton of Prime I am trying to cook after killing an alpha for example.)

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

I agree with this I would even suggest that anything that uses gas should be able to be switched to electric. Can even be something that we have to put in the fuel slot. Samething wtih Tek stuff it should be able to work with element in it and if there is a generator nearby it should be able to be switched over and work with it.