Wildcard Stance on ppl Stealing Element from Viens

bigfishrob

Has anyone reported ppl stealing element from veins and gotten a response from wildcard. On PVE bc you have to mine the element after and there doesn't seem to be anything in code of conduct about it, ppl can come in and mine it after you defeat and complete the waves. We had a [][][][] tribe today wait for us to defend and finish the element vein then swooped in and started taking the element and popped the main node even while we were trying to get the small nodes first. With the open world design i realize it could be difficult but on PVE that should be against code of conduct.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Has anyone reported ppl stealing element from veins and gotten a response from wildcard. On PVE bc you have to mine the element after and there doesn't seem to be anything in code of conduct about it, ppl can come in and mine it after you defeat and complete the waves. We had a [][][][] tribe today wait for us to defend and finish the element vein then swooped in and started taking the element and popped the main node even while we were trying to get the small nodes first. With the open world design i realize it could be difficult but on PVE that should be against code of conduct.

Yeah, that could be very difficult to police.

What they could do, is lock it down to those who triggered it and spent a good deal of time defending the node.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Zayisha said:

You can. Be creative!

You are clearly trolling in here because you are completely ignoring what PvE means!

Have you tried defending a vein from corrupted creatures on PvE and then defending against players you can't fight with your creative mind? No didn't think so.

?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zayisha said:

Can you walk through a Forcefield of another tribe in PvE?

Oh right so you are telling me that once the horde fight is over you gotta place down a tek generator, place down a tek forcfield, put element in the generator and switch it on before other players swoop in?

Or you put down the tek generator before the horde starts for the horde to try and destroy it before the waves are over.

Also do you have a tek forcefield that covers the entire area? Didn't think so.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

the man has a  point...

Even if it doesn't cover all of it, it will cover enough of it.

You are assuming that players have transferred from other maps and already have acquired the tekgrams for these devices.

It's alright trying to be creative but if you don't include all the factors then your creative thoughts are not much good.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Oh right so you are telling me that once the horde fight is over you gotta place down a tek generator, place down a tek forcfield, put element in the generator and switch it on before other players swoop in?

Or you put down the tek generator before the horde starts for the horde to try and destroy it before the waves are over.

could be done, but I wouldn't waste the resources to be honest.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Don't you also need element to power the force field which you need from element viens?

Just now, GP said:

You are assuming that players have transferred from other maps and already have acquired the tekgrams for these devices.

It's alright trying to be creative but if you don't include all the factors then your creative thoughts are not much good.

Yes I am, but doesn't matter it could be done. So he does have a point, but not that I would waste the resources to do it.

9 minutes ago, GP said:

You are clearly trolling in here because you are completely ignoring what PvE means!

?

1.Btw, there are no trolls in this Forum. Ask VirtualRealms! ;)

2. "she" please

3. Forcefield = 1 example. Yes, a waste (on official). Not if you can pick it up. But, what's more important (for you). Share? Or don't have others some share of the spoils?! Depends on you.
Try spiked walls... carry them away... bring in wild dinos... etc. Be creative!

But non the less... if you can't defend it, it's NOT yours. Even if there is no way to defend it. So still... no stealing.

1 hour ago, Zayisha said:

1.Btw, there are no trolls in this Forum. Ask VirtualRealms! ;)

2. "she" please

3. Forcefield = 1 example. Yes, a waste (on official). Not if you can pick it up. But, what's more important (for you). Share? Or don't have others some share of the spoils?! Depends on you.

But non the less... if you can't defend it, it's NOT yours. Even if there is no way to defend it. So still... no stealing.

Well, if he steals from you, kite a bunch of corrupt wyverns and giga to his place. Apparently it's allowed if it's corrupt but not if they are normal. Been two weeks our server is under a kiting war and all the small tribe left the server. We keep reporting, but I guess it's not a CoC infringement. 

And you can loot his stash, so bring gas bags. I mean, he failed to defend his base, so it's yours now. Aldo works great to extend your base by clearing neighbors. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Zayisha said:

Spiked walls all around the veins? Wild dinos? Ah man you are clearly showing you have no experience or understanding of veins/OSD on PvE yet feel you have the knowledge to comment on it. Spiked walls will not stop people on flyers.

So far both your creative ideas have fallen flat on their faces.

The issue here is that it should not be allowed / not possible on PvE. You are ignoring the point of PvE. Yes people should be allowed to steal the rewards of PvP because that's what PvP is all about. But instead of understanding what PvE is you just throw supposed creative ideas out that don't actually solve the problem.

8 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

What they could do, is lock it down to those who triggered it and spent a good deal of time defending the node.

Now this is a creative idea that the Devs should consider looking into. The only issue here is it is unlikely that you could make the change on PvE without it changing on PvP.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

It's clearly an intended mechanic. To quote the devs:

“What's really cool, even beyond that, is that this is ARK, and it takes place in that world. That means other players can show up in the middle of it. Maybe they'll help you for a piece of the reward, maybe they'll wait for you to fight off all the dinosaurs and then take the spoils for themselves, or maybe they'll start a fight with you. It brings a new wrinkle to the game with these [events] happening out in the world.”

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Although probably unethical and not courteous, to me, it's fair game. In my opinion, this falls under the "someone came and stole my drop while I was there first waiting for it to go down" category and you do not own the loot until it is in your inventory even if you are the one that killed most of the hordes.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Wildcard Stance on ppl Stealing Element from Viens

Archived