NEW Extinction Mini Teaser Predictions

BasiliskBreedingPls

All good predictions but after gathering more eyes onto the snippet I think I nailed it.

At 4 seconds in you see some sort of shadowed figure behind (from what I assume is a controllable human droid) looking down into some sort of control panel.

Person.thumb.png.94032b8a59c3015ab6633a7a3a1f5870.png

As soon as the shadowed figure appears off screen the droid begins to power up (the droids head is facing downwards indicating it's offline) .

That's my final prediction. Let me know if I miss anything else!

It looks like a tek mehca to me, or, if you would, a tek mek.
Perhaps it's the weapon the new notes told us about.

I don't think it's another police drone, it's implied (or maybe stated, can't remember) that the enforcers and scouts would act like an automated security system, so given the difference between the reveal of scouts and enforcers and this new robot, I think it's fair to say that this is going to be different than them.

I don't quite think it's a boss, the (I assume) activation animation we see ends rather abruptly, and you'd expect a boss's animation to be more fluid. An animation like this is one which would expect the viewer to not be paying complete attention to it, and would fit better on an enemy which there are multiple of or on a player. Given the spotlight that our little robot was given, I think it's fair to say it's more than just a mob enemy.
Or maybe I'm looking a bit too far into the animation we were given... I really can't help myself :P

I highly doubt there is any arresting on post-apocalyptic Earth. Most likely, the enforcers executed anyone who disobeyed laws. But I don't think this new mecha is a boss. I think it is either an exo-suit that we need to help defeat the final boss. The extinction chronicles notes said something about a weapon, this could be it. Or it could just be a player-controlled mech. I guess we'll find out on November 6th.

1 hour ago, destructicon54 said:

I don't think the enforcer could arrest anyone, but this is just a speculation based on almost nothing so yeah. The possibility of it being the weapon is interesting. 

The world is falling apart. There's near complete chaos, it's all you can do to try to maintain some semblance of order.

Someone shoots someone else. Do you arrest them? There's no way you could keep prisoners! You don't have the means to feed them, you may not even have prisons anymore.

Someone shoots someone else. The world is in chaos. All you can do is shoot back.

The enforcers are the police, an "automated security force", and the police here don't plan on arresting anyone.

2 hours ago, divisd1 said:

I highly doubt there is any arresting on post-apocalyptic Earth. Most likely, the enforcers executed anyone who disobeyed laws. But I don't think this new mecha is a boss. I think it is either an exo-suit that we need to help defeat the final boss. The extinction chronicles notes said something about a weapon, this could be it. Or it could just be a player-controlled mech. I guess we'll find out on November 6th.

there would be no security system for a city with no people. when i said automated police officer i meant back when there were people

My heart wants it to be a cool exo-suit, but my mind tells me its a tek boss waking from slumber for some odd reason. I do like to point out I lack further context on the subject as a whole.

Still, its a decent teaser to be sure.

Cheers!

EDIT/UPDATE: I now firmly believe this is an Exosuit of sorts, and it looks very cool.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:59 AM, BasiliskBreedingPls said:

Chris from WIldcard posted this mini snippet on twitter.

Could be new armor to help fight against the corrupted areas or a new enemy that will fight against you during the element drop events.

What are your thoughts?

Looks like the new Undermesh guardian.

SLightly off your intended topic, but when extinction is released can we take our existing character and tames into the new map, or start from zero? And will we have to play on a different server than we are on currently? Or can we stay in current tribes?

ive only just begun playing on my PS4 after months of playing the mobile version. 

Sorry again if I’m asking in the wrong place.

.p.s I think it could be an exo skeleton style of Armor. With new elements, dangers, new in game mechanics we are going to need something designed for these new environments to protect us. But this could also be a picture of something completely different. Can’t wait to find out.

2 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

SLightly off your intended topic, but when extinction is released can we take our existing character and tames into the new map, or start from zero? And will we have to play on a different server than we are on currently? Or can we stay in current tribes?

ive only just begun playing on my PS4 after months of playing the mobile version. 

Sorry again if I’m asking in the wrong place.

.p.s I think it could be an exo skeleton style of Armor. With new elements, dangers, new in game mechanics we are going to need something designed for these new environments to protect us. But this could also be a picture of something completely different. Can’t wait to find out.

The devs said it will be a similar transfer system like aberration so you'll be only able to transfer characters in the beginning and then dinos months after.  You'll be able to transfer items/dinos out immediately but not in, I just hope the kibble system is prepared unlike it was on the first months of aberration. No one has time for a 5 Hour Anky tame :Berries:

Archived