How is this game full release?

TimeForHavocYT

The official servers being ddosed needs to be addressed, I'm sick to death spending time raising, taming just to lose my tames due to raptoring lag. This game is a life drainer enough and the last thing I want to do is reraise and retame poop because nothing gets done about it, so the question is when are the developers going to address their trash servers? Because I'm so close to snapping the disk, I'm not usually one to rant but when my tames are taking damage due to lag with the result of them dying and you can't do anything about it but watch it becomes raptoring fustrating  it's always been an issue and it's not getting any better, any of you survivors feel the same way? 

Going to be honest with you. I think you would be better off snapping your disk in half and calling it a day. Reason is as you tumble farther down the rabbit hole obtaining some of the rarer items, progressing to TEk and breeding yourself some top tier dinos after months of work and time investment; it will be even harder for you to leave.

Things wont get better because very few significant improvments have been made since launch. There have been more nerfs than actual fixes or QOL changes.

8 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Going to be honest with you. I think you would be better off snapping your disk in half and calling it a day. Reason is as you tumble farther down the rabbit hole obtaining some of the rarer items, progressing to TEk and breeding yourself some top tier dinos after months of work and time investment; it will be even harder for you to leave.

Things wont get better because very few significant improvments have been made since launch. There have been more nerfs than actual fixes or QOL changes.

I'm already too far down the road, I'm just tired of the developers releasing all these DLCs to get more money when their servers are utter trash, they fix poop that isn't even important, is the TLC patches cool? Yeah, but it's worthless when the servers lag. What has me confused the most is how the raptor do we lag to the point we can't open our inventory or mount a tame but our tames can still die or you can still randomly raptoring drown on shore, it's just laughable they call this a full release IF it was still "early access" it wouldn't bother me as much but this game is far from full release and all their doing is destroying their credibility 

Guest DJRone89

A lot of the issues people have with this game are based on the state of the official servers, not always the game itself. I’m yet to experience a lot of the issues many people complain about due to playing exclusively on my own server.

I’m not suggesting people switch over because many people play for the official experience, just bare in mind that a large portion of the total playerbase plays unofficial where these issues are far less common.

Also, the argument of the devs releasing DLC’s is a joke in itself because they have only released 2 so far with 1 last DLC on the horizon. For a game that’s been in development for almost 4 years, I’d say that isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.

Just remember, it’s the vocal minority that yells the loudest.

8 hours ago, TimeForHavocYT said:

The official servers being ddosed needs to be addressed, I'm sick to death spending time raising, taming just to lose my tames due to raptoring lag. This game is a life drainer enough and the last thing I want to do is reraise and retame poop because nothing gets done about it, so the question is when are the developers going to address their trash servers? Because I'm so close to snapping the disk, I'm not usually one to rant but when my tames are taking damage due to lag with the result of them dying and you can't do anything about it but watch it becomes raptoring fustrating  it's always been an issue and it's not getting any better, any of you survivors feel the same way? 

Or leave the garbage official servers and find a good dedicated server. Your wounds are self inflicted...

5 hours ago, Samsquanch01 said:

Or leave the garbage official servers and find a good dedicated server. Your wounds are self inflicted...

Lol, why would I put in hours and hours of work and risk the dedicated server renter closing it down just to lose it all?

8 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

A lot of the issues people have with this game are based on the state of the official servers, not always the game itself. I’m yet to experience a lot of the issues many people complain about due to playing exclusively on my own server.

I’m not suggesting people switch over because many people play for the official experience, just bare in mind that a large portion of the total playerbase plays unofficial where these issues are far less common.

Also, the argument of the devs releasing DLC’s is a joke in itself because they have only released 2 so far with 1 last DLC on the horizon. For a game that’s been in development for almost 4 years, I’d say that isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.

Just remember, it’s the vocal minority that yells the loudest.

Releasing DLCs isn't the problem mate, but what's the point of the DLCs when the servers run like crap? I don't think it's that hard to get some better servers but that wouldn't make them more money like DLCs would. If the state of the official servers are people's main issue, why isn't it fixed yet? If they don't want to get better servers simply drop the time it takes to do things and it wouldn't hurt as much (hope that kinda makes sense I just woke up lol)

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thats an easy question to answer. The game went through alpha and is now released!

And that, my friends is how its full release.

Thanks for the education lesson lol, fairly sure they come out of alpha prematurely haha.

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, TimeForHavocYT said:

Lol, why would I put in hours and hours of work and risk the dedicated server renter closing it down just to lose it all?

I’ve been hosting since August 2016, and that was mostly player dedicated on an extra Xbox. Been on rented servers day 1 since their release in November last year with my main server on almost in-game day 5000.

I do love the whole “I’ll never know when a server will go down” whole argument, but more so the “all admins abuse their power”. In general, the people who make these sort of accusations of unofficials, base their facts from other people without ever actually experiencing the issues themselves.

Guest GABRIELGOTHW0LF
On 11 June 2018 at 12:04 PM, TimeForHavocYT said:

Agree haven't been able to play for 3weeks 2 weeks of on a off constant ddosing then we tried to move servers after 2 weeks to move from the Ddos to get hit again I timed out lost character in middle of transferring dinos and items can't now cause I don't have another player with the engrams to use the transmitter we put down so haven't played for 3 weeks going on 4 totally flustrated dinos dying can't imprint 

I'm so glad I ditched officials and went unofficial. But what I want to know is, how the moderators manage to leave blatant advertising with links to their game server, in the general section to threads where people are quitting. Why? I might say that I own a server or why it's great to be in unofficial. But come on... I don't give out join details here. ?

There's lots of issues yet and yet we keep coming back because there is nothing like it. 

I now know when to stop doing stuff based upon who is logging in because I know their base/area rendering will cause a huge lag spike. 

I still need to jump onto my Wyvern's and pull them out of the roof every time i render in my base which is annoying. 

Some of my raises still get stuck in the floor or under the floor. really basic stuff that should've been addressed by now.

This past week I was fighting 2 sabers and we hit such a lag spike I could hear my Argy being attacked, could see the saber's swinging their claws and hitting the Argy though me and the bird were gliding backwards on my screen uncontrollably. I've lost one tame that way awhile ago but luckily this was only a few minutes and my Argy has almost 5k hp and a 105 saddle and it was only two lower level sabers. Still very frustrating and while it doesn't happen nearly as frequently it still happens enough to downgrade my game experience. However here I am patrolling the forums, thinking about what I am going to do after work tonight (maybe a quick tame or farming or just a bunch of cave runs) because of course I'm gonna play Ark. 

I will say every time I consider finally buying Aberration because it feels like they made big strides in the game I run into an issue I thought was resolved and it makes me stop and really that's the only way to make your voice heard. Don't buy their DLC. I know you may feel cheated without being able to experience a new map but I still have a crab, a reaper, drakes, abb dino's (439 melee anky woo hoo). You can still trade for the new cool dino's and hope that they figure out whatever issues remain before you give them more of your money. 

I may top out at 115, I hope not. I hope I get to experience the difficulty and exhilarating parts of Ab but I need to see more progress in the Island and Rag and the Center and Scorched Earth before I can do that. Hit them in their wallets. That's how change is beget. 

All I'm reading about is issue after issue, but hey don't worry guys we have DLCs and the TLC patch so that makes it all better lol. It's clear they don't care about their community it's just a money grab in my eyes.

The amount of Australian players and NZ players asking for ONE small tribe server is ridiculous but do we have that yet? Nah instead they'll just release more EU and NA servers. I'm now experiencing a 255 ping again lol in a server with little people in it and little bases, it's getting to the point I'm not scared to leave my base because chances of me getting screwed again is so high. I was taming a 150 PT the other day with nice stats, massive lag spike hit and suddenly my PT was at a 60% tame efficiency with no damage taken, an hour wasted due to these beautiful servers lol. I'm literally about to just snap the disc and be done with it, their credibility is shot at this point.

And the only response I get is to "fill out this form" who wants to fill out a form? They should be MONITORING their servers on their own accord and doing their own investigations, I paid to play not to be there volunteer reporter.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, TimeForHavocYT said:

If blizzard can not fix this problem how can these dev's fix this problem?

Guest DJRone89
46 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

If blizzard can not fix this problem how can these dev's fix this problem?

Xbox Live suffers from DDoS attacks, and that’s a service run by a multi-billion dollar company.

Wildcard should just go with a better server provider.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Xbox Live suffers from DDoS attacks, and that’s a service run by a multi-billion dollar company.

The thing about DDoS, depending on the method used, it may actually be impossible to successfully block an attack.

You see, the thing about bot nets is, on an infected computer, you're very unlikely to know it is there. And all along, unknowingly with a couple packets that impact your computer or Internet in no way shape or form, you are contributing to a myriad of computers that are sending many more packets out all at once, to literally flood 1 service. This method is called a Low Orbit Ion Cannon attack, and is one of the most basic forms of DDoS. One can simply go on to the Internet and rent a Bot Net to spam at a service, to make it go down. However there are other methods. For example, in ARK, it used to be possible to use a Bronto to stomp on the ground to collect so many resources in one location, that the server would not be able to handle it and just crap over and die. People would use this in PvP to attack and defend. However with a limit on the number of gathered items, this method of attack was patched. And for good reason. How you deny the service depends on what opportunities are available. Simply going on to a better network does not guarantee safety or security.

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

The thing about DDoS, depending on the method used, it may actually be impossible to successfully block an attack.

You see, the thing about bot nets is, on an infected computer, you're very unlikely to know it is there. And all along, unknowingly with a couple packets that impact your computer or Internet in no way shape or form, you are contributing to a myriad of computers that are sending many more packets out all at once, to literally flood 1 service. This method is called a Low Orbit Ion Cannon attack, and is one of the most basic forms of DDoS. One can simply go on to the Internet and rent a Bot Net to spam at a service, to make it go down. However there are other methods. For example, in ARK, it used to be possible to use a Bronto to stomp on the ground to collect so many resources in one location, that the server would not be able to handle it and just crap over and die. People would use this in PvP to attack and defend. However with a limit on the number of gathered items, this method of attack was patched. And for good reason. How you deny the service depends on what opportunities are available. Simply going on to a better network does not guarantee safety or security.

You're right, it's not a guarantee and I fully agree, but it's certainly worth a try instead of expecting us players to sit here and put up with it. My issue isn't about the DDoS as much as it is they haven't even taken the time to address it. It's been a never ending problem and it continues to be a problem. I'm sure the community would appreciate it a lot more if they came out and said "Hey we know it's a problem and this is what we are going to do to ATTEMPT to fix it or reduce it". I didn't make the post to poop on the devs I made it to bring light to the issue. As I said the only response I've had is "hey fill out this form" and in my eyes that's just not good enough. 

13 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

13 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Exactly, any effort is better than no effort. 

Archived