platform saddles joke?

Avaraxius

2 minutes ago, Toni said:

You wanna servers with good performance? Or you wanna laggy/rubberbanding/crashing servers like its now?

Some times it needs to restrict some things which are eating much performance. For ark the platforms/tamed dinos and rafts are eating the most performance. So it makes sense to limit this things.

They're limiting the wrong things time and time again, and at best this is merely a band-aid fix for the problems that they themselves have created.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Toni said:

You wanna servers with good performance? Or you wanna laggy/rubberbanding/crashing servers like its now?

Some times it needs to restrict some things which are eating much performance. For ark the platforms/tamed dinos and rafts are eating the most performance. So it makes sense to limit this things.

No problem with that....AFTER THEY REMOVE KIBBLE FARMS!

6 minutes ago, Toni said:

I would like to see an answer to my question.

14 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

It makes zero sense to PvP as opposed to PvE.  In PvP not many tribes have alot of platforms as they tend to get killed quickly.. Unless your'e an alpha or mega then the likelihood is you won't have many platforms

In PvE you could effectively stake a monopoly on the platforms on a map, I have seen it happen on many servers where the limit is hit and the "alpha" tribe will make you pay for them to remove a saddle from one of their dinos so you could do it, but in those cases once they have removed it the entire server will try to place another so they have the extra slot.  This removes that as every tribe can now have 40 saddles without structures on them.

Plus given the fact that a saddle containing a structure is alot more advantageous than a mere dino without a platform w/structure they should have an increased hit on the cap.  Dunno where they got the idea for 19 tho.

LOL, on PvP, every battle Bronto (you don't have to be a mega alpha tribe having various servers to have those) must have a 1x1x1 or something to cover you while on the Bronto, same goes for the Paracer and Quetz.

11 minutes ago, Toni said:

How can you say that this wil increase server performance as you have kibble farms with above the tribe limit, this only counts probably to the server limit  aswel. This definitely is not a real sollution to server performance.

23 minutes ago, Toni said:

- Tamed dinos no longer lay eggs.
- Egg nests can now be found and looted in the wild.
- Tamed Oviraptors now loot nearby egg nests and have a weight reduction on eggs in their inventory.
- Wild Oviraptors can now give random eggs when killed and looted.
- Platform saddles now limited to 5 per tribe, regardless of whether they have structures on or not. A platform does not count towards tame limit.
- Tek Stasis Chamber: Tribes can store up to 50 dinosaurs inside the chamber.
- Tek Transmitter now provides access to Boss arenas so there is less need for transport Quetzals.

I'd welcome any of these changes over the nonsensical change they're doing, and my tribe would gladly kill off half of our dinos.

this severely will handicap us xbox users with already low tame cap

200 tame cap

we have 2 bases, one plateform saddle for each, that takes up 38 tame slots of our already low 200........

than if our server gets raided and we put a structure on a bronto platform that brings us up to 57 tame slots.....so more than 25% of our tame space gone in a flash

if boats count to thats another 19 tame slots which brings us to 79 slots

i really hope they adjust the math for us xbox players with lower tame cap...or realize this is not the way to do it and do away with this all together 

3 minutes ago, Aldor said:

- Tamed dinos no longer lay eggs.
- Egg nests can now be found and looted in the wild.
- Tamed Oviraptors now loot nearby egg nests and have a weight reduction on eggs in their inventory.
- Wild Oviraptors can now give random eggs when killed and looted.
- Platform structures now limited to 5 per tribe, regardless of whether they have structures on or not. A platform does not count towards tame limit.
- Tek Stasis Chamber: Tribes can store up to 50 dinosaurs inside the chamber.
- Tek Transmitter now provides access to Boss arenas so there is less need for transport Quetzals.

I'd welcome any of these changes over the non-nonsensical change they're doing, and my tribe would gladly kill off half of our dinos.

- Reduce time and quantity of kibble needed to tame dino with kibble.

Oh and Stasis Chamber needs to be in industrial category. So its available to everyone on hi lvl or it wont do much needed performance impact.

another change that is not thought through at all, its almost hilarious just HOW out of touch with their own game the devs seem to be,  

"hey look at these fun platforms you will never be able to use because after your taming/farming platforms you sure as raptor wont have any slots left to use any bronto or paracer platform",

what a  JOKE

Lets say 1 pve tribe has 1 platform on each dino that has a platform. You've just removed 100 slots from our 500 tame count, a 3-5 platform per tribe limit would be better then this,

... people are going to monopolize on this otherwise, make alt tribes and put platforms on all their dinos, then sell tame slots to people on pve due to server caps... You only need 20-30 dinos to force a 500 slot takeover towards the tame limit now if this takes effect

30 minutes ago, Megar said:

LOL, on PvP, every battle Bronto (you don't have to be a mega alpha tribe having various servers to have those) must have a 1x1x1 or something to cover you while on the Bronto, same goes for the Paracer and Quetz.

Yeah and now raiders are going to be severely  impeded on how many battle bronto/paracer they can use given the hit it will take on the cap.  Which is a good move.

Also stopping the monopolization of platforms on PvE is a good move.

With increased performance will likely come increased dino caps.

You won't remember this soon.

Edit - Keep on being salty and facepalming, doesn't make me incorrect.

- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).

hold up. need some clarifications

if I got nothing on my platform saddle, then I don't add 19 to my tame slot?

man I just have beds on my quetz to use as tracker this seems a little overboard

I just hope it counts only dinos ''with equipped'' platforms in the 40 limit. 

That way you can put the platform in the dino's inventory when not using and have ''1-5'' tame slots used for that. 

The 19 slots for built structures is dumb.

The better option would have been a platform saddle counts as 1 tamed dino, every added structure costs +1 dino. So if you want a flying house, well it will be equivalent of 50 dinos, but if you only have 4 foundations, 4 ceilings and 4 ramps (for transporting rexes as example), well that only costs you 12 dinos. It's a good compromise in my opinion.

Im not sure but it might be the final nail in the coffin for me and ark ~ We only have 5 dinos with platforms built on and that will be half our limit on xb when we get this update that is nuts (we are already at dino limit on xb so not sure what will happen) ~ My boyfriend said they made a comment how built platforms cause performance issues ~ What is next boats? I can't see this causing more lag than a base so this just seems like another way to tick off the legacy crowd and clear up their precious servers :(

Archived