[PVE] Wildcard destroys the endgame content on purpose

Sky.NET

22 minutes ago, BlackSoul said:

While reading patch notes I saw this:

Maybe devs mean that we won't need to breed/imprint so many dinos for arenas. We can, let's say, farm medium brood for element and use that element to clone rexes for the hard run. Just guessing.

It would've been nice if devs could at least give an example, because right now all we hear from them is "wait and don't ask questions or complain".

We will get an example in another one of those youtube videos showing it off, plus "you can always spawn it in on single player and play arround with it", what will never give you an actual idea of how this stuff will fit into your actual gameplay on their official servers.

We start to turn in circles, and thats not good for the thread, since that wasnt its goal.
I will be happy if we can focus on feedback about how they could improve the CURRENT state of engame content.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want WC to get past Alpha and get to Beta so they can fix all the bugs.

Primitive plus is a joke with the countless bugs, is that guy getting paid for this?

And we've been waiting how long for all the fixes to The Center?

I don't care about End Game yet cause "the game" is nowhere near production. If WC wants it to be successful that is...

P.S. As a console user I'm dreading the next XB update, to kill everything I've come to love regarding fliers

As for the items currently released. I will not pretend I have had experience with them, but from seeing videos and youtube opinions/showcases/analysis, staged battles involving spawned in tek or obtained on modded servers, the tek tier is too pricey (again, referring to the risk involved) to ever be viable. It is true that nerfing blueprints somewhat lessened the problem because before players could get atrociously godly damage on guns, making them much better than tek rifles (plus its an instant hit not a travelling projectile). Also, again the problem is anyone can nail you with a shock dart or an ascendant club and take your tek armor and gear which took something like 12 broodmother fight to obtain (!!Solo, because remember, otherwise you have to share that element with your friends!!!) Sure, they might not be able to use it but they will despawn it by dropping it on the ground to troll you. 

Also currently tek armor is actually less resistant than end tier riot and even flak armor. Unless upgraded tek blueprints become a thing, it will be inferior. It should have more bonus like a medical auto injector, that would stim/heal you at certain thresholds, tek rifle could negate some armor or have bonus armor breaking damage (like a lesser arthropluera shot), add effects to the enemy, I could go on and on. Heck, even add a feature where non-tribe members cannot loot/eat your item cache until decomposition, because you are fully encased with impermeable tek armor, protecting your items from theft like a portable vault! You could make it so that tek armor is a permanent tribe transponder node! Also tek dino saddles have 45 armor which is...apprentice tier. 

In PVE, even though it's not the main focus, it is useless because the firepower, mobility and nifty gadgets it adds cannot even be used where such advantages are needed the most, which is bossfights. There is no other situation except vanity in which you would use this content which is apparently half the game.

It does look cool as hell though. Even though I said this, I really want to try it out anyway. But I sadly can't. I know it's supposed to be challenging. But it's not the olympics. It could be achievable by regular folks who paid for the game and expect to be able to enjoy it's content without dedicating their life to it.

One of tek problem is that it is very hard to get the element while the reward is just meh / very pricy compare to the time you prep to fight the boss with a risk of losing all your gear .

I'm Ok with defeating the boss to get the Tek BP but element should be farmable at a dangerous dungeon , right now not many people on Official servers attempt to defeat all hard mode boss , and yet we still have to test all these tek stuffs to identify bugs .

Oh yah , 1 more thing , they didn't nerf boss HP to compensate weapon damage nerf ......

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Also a good idea would be to bump the element reward amount waaayy up, along with the equipment craft costs, and leave the fuel consumption as is.

So you don't feel like you're missing out on a cool tek item craft by using up tons and tons of element as fuel because you want to keep your water base drained while offline. Because what's the advantage of that, anyway except for vanity?

This is a good point.

On my servers, I have bumped up the element rewards by quite a bit, as it is small tribes. 

I would not take officials as high, but the idea of a higher crafting cost to go with the higher element, is pretty good idea.

17 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

One of tek problem is that it is very hard to get the element while the reward is just meh / very pricy compare to the time you prep to fight the boss with a risk of losing all your gear .

I'm Ok with defeating the boss to get the Tek BP but element should be farmable at a dangerous dungeon , right now not many people on Official servers attempt to defeat all hard mode boss , and yet we still have to test all these tek stuffs to identify bugs .

Oh yah , 1 more thing , they didn't nerf boss HP to compensate weapon damage nerf ......

Well there is speculation the Tek cave might be that dungeon. And yes, that would lessen the pain of farming for element, and I have a feeling that is the missing piece of the puzzle to make tek viable. I feel like this was planned right from the start but because of the delays ended up getting pushed to an update waay after initial tek release, screwing up the initial plan and creating confusion for everyone.

But is it really that hard to just... tell us? Why are we kept in the dark from all future releases, until at the last second you either make an incredibly drastic change that makes everyone grumpy, or do nothing?

Here we are, weighing the pros and cons of "Should I risk doing the bossfights now? The update is hitting tomorrow, and I don't know if they'll patch the dragon exploit making it impossible. This may be my only chance even though I am not fully prepared"

Sure enough my gang tried the medium dragon right before the update and got owned (no blame, it's our fault). Turns out, the next day you patched c4 to only allow one on a dino at a time, killing off one of the few viable methods of killing bosses (I agree wholeheartedly that it was a dirty strategy but remember it did involve an ungodly amount of resources).

The recent trend of nerfing things for players has scared some of us to the point where we feel pushed to achieve all we can RIGHT BEFORE THE UPDATE, because we know FOR SURE you never make the game easier, all you do is nerf, nerf, nerf the tools available to the player until nothing is left. Only nerf. No buff, compromises, no nerfing of the unfair game environment in any way, wild gigas are still disgusting, eels are still cancer, bosses are still broken and yet the only balancing that is done is blueprint nerf, flyer nerf, tame nerf, I can go on. The PVE (not gamemode, but really just the player vs game progression difficulty) is always the only thing that is advantaged by the recent balancing that's been going on. 

Sorry for the wall of text. Again, I acknowledge the immense effort that is put in the game. For all it's worth, it has been one of my favorite games and the one I have the most time played on steam. It is an incredible game. I just wish we would be more involved, or at least not kept in the dark in the development of an early access game.

So even if the endgame content isn't finished, currently the experience is: successfully cheat or loose all your dinos, gear, artifacts and time. 

It's not done yet though. 

Why are we told to try it out? Why is it in the game if we aren't supposed to judge it? Why are more things being added onto broken mechanics? Why aren't devs acknowledging that the bosses are broken?

It isn't done yet, it'll work someday. But in the meantime we added new stuff you can't get! Let us know what you think! 

Bosses need fixed first!!!!

On 4/6/2017 at 4:09 PM, vanyelxp5 said:

You state that you play MMOs... but you complain about a 4 hour investment to get a thing.... That's not even raid night. That's tuesday.

40 hours to get enough of a thing for everyone, again, that's pretty low for an mmo.

As for the fights themselves, If you had an actual strategy, and weren't just throwing rexes at them, you might have better results.

Who said he was aimlessly throwing rexes at them? Didn't you read anything he said, perhaps about how he even owns a private server to test strategies in order to NOT lose tons of rexes? 

You're Kaylin correct? Formerly of PVE OfficialServer331? You're still as arrogant as ever. Did you even realize the group of people Sky.Net is doing these boss fights with are the people who taught you how to play Ark? Players that you could only try to emulate....

On Saturday, April 08, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Jerryn said:

The big risk is if you are on your tame when it gets hit, as I believe the rocks can hit riders.  And if you die, your stuff dies.

Yes, which is absurd....this is why ppl are getting the bosses "stuck". So they cannot throw rocks or use acid attack in the brood

I'm also assuming that the tek caves might give us element as you clear it. It would be the best option for wc to implement.  An easier way to farm element instead of cave diving, prepping and praying that everything goes right to get element in the boss fight. 

But u know what assuming is an acronym for right?

2 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

I'm also assuming that the tek caves might give us element as you clear it. It would be the best option for wc to implement.  An easier way to farm element instead of cave diving, prepping and praying that everything goes right to get element in the boss fight. 

But u know what assuming is an acronym for right?

Why wouldn't they *just say that* then. I mean really. It would solve a whole host of issues that players have. 

Going further, why would they implement such a host of Tek Tier items and gate them behind bosses that they designed specifically to be borderline unbeatable. 

28 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Why wouldn't they *just say that* then. I mean really. It would solve a whole host of issues that players have. 

Going further, why would they implement such a host of Tek Tier items and gate them behind bosses that they designed specifically to be borderline unbeatable. 

Bc WC and ark....

On 4/6/2017 at 6:26 PM, iAmE said:

It's actually not, but you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's demonstrably false.

With exploits. That are actively being patched. Please take a group of rexes into the Dragon fight and try to do it without abusing the ledge. I'll give you a hint, I did that, and the 40k HP/800% melee rexes with 100 armor saddles died before the Medium dragon got to three-quarters health. Given, no imprinting bonus' and we only had eight people. Brought 20 rexes though.

Do I have to point out that the fact that bosses are broken is still valid criticism of the game, even if it isn't finished?

You are really bad at analogies. Like really bad. First the horrific WoW comparison, and now this. I'm not sure what you're attempting to accomplish with the comparisons, but you're failing at it. 

Don't even bother with him. He is clearly using exploits. 

On 4/8/2017 at 4:03 AM, Lewiatan said:

Tek tier is the end game content, Wildcard said that themselves. So saying there is none is false. 

Exactly! They have said it was end game content when they were advertising it. Now, they could be thinking about adding more end game content, but as of right now, the end game content is Tek tier. Some of the mods on here make me feel like we should not have an opinion unless it is inline with what they think. 

4 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

There is not end game content if you play on the Center, which is an official map.  Wild Card devs are poop.

It's not like the Island is much better, the bosses are basically mathematically unbeatable unless you exploit. At least it's vastly easier to breed/tame on the Center. Not to mention the much higher resource density. 

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It's not like the Island is much better, the bosses are basically mathematically unbeatable unless you exploit. At least it's vastly easier to breed/tame on the Center. Not to mention the much higher resource density. 

Why is it easier to breed and tame on the center? (sorry haven't played the map very much)

21 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well there is speculation the Tek cave might be that dungeon. And yes, that would lessen the pain of farming for element, and I have a feeling that is the missing piece of the puzzle to make tek viable. I feel like this was planned right from the start but because of the delays ended up getting pushed to an update waay after initial tek release, screwing up the initial plan and creating confusion for everyone.

But is it really that hard to just... tell us? Why are we kept in the dark from all future releases, until at the last second you either make an incredibly drastic change that makes everyone grumpy, or do nothing?

Here we are, weighing the pros and cons of "Should I risk doing the bossfights now? The update is hitting tomorrow, and I don't know if they'll patch the dragon exploit making it impossible. This may be my only chance even though I am not fully prepared"

Sure enough my gang tried the medium dragon right before the update and got owned (no blame, it's our fault). Turns out, the next day you patched c4 to only allow one on a dino at a time, killing off one of the few viable methods of killing bosses (I agree wholeheartedly that it was a dirty strategy but remember it did involve an ungodly amount of resources).

The recent trend of nerfing things for players has scared some of us to the point where we feel pushed to achieve all we can RIGHT BEFORE THE UPDATE, because we know FOR SURE you never make the game easier, all you do is nerf, nerf, nerf the tools available to the player until nothing is left. Only nerf. No buff, compromises, no nerfing of the unfair game environment in any way, wild gigas are still disgusting, eels are still cancer, bosses are still broken and yet the only balancing that is done is blueprint nerf, flyer nerf, tame nerf, I can go on. The PVE (not gamemode, but really just the player vs game progression difficulty) is always the only thing that is advantaged by the recent balancing that's been going on. 

Sorry for the wall of text. Again, I acknowledge the immense effort that is put in the game. For all it's worth, it has been one of my favorite games and the one I have the most time played on steam. It is an incredible game. I just wish we would be more involved, or at least not kept in the dark in the development of an early access game.

What Wazzamaniac said.

I dont know guys... you have to focuse a bit somehow. I read the last two pages that was added since yesterday and I'm a bit frustrated now. I don't like all the bad mood in here and I'm missing the constructive things a little somehow.

I don't like that "players vs. devs" attitude in here.
WC is doing it their way: they don't want to tell us stuff before it drops. So we just can speculate about updates like the TEK Cloning Chamber and that TEK Cave and  "Ascension" Game Progression means. But I'm curious about it and happily looking foreward to it. You just have to accept that you are not going to get answers on unreleased content.

As players we can just test the new mechanics if it seems worthy. I would just advise all of you to just wait until it is more balanced and lean back a little. Relax. If nobody tests the new content, WC will get that nobody can achive it and they will change it. With everybody testing it out and some people getting bosses killed and using Tek-gear it seems like a  kinda good idea not changing everything asap. Before Tek-release everybody was crying about Tek-tier would destroy the game because its overpowered. Now everybody is complaining because it's not worthy and too hard to achive. It's not easy balancing that stuff and I guess we really have to wait for the next updates and the "real" endgame content.

22 hours ago, CaveNoob said:

I just want WC to get past Alpha and get to Beta so they can fix all the bugs.

Primitive plus is a joke with the countless bugs, is that guy getting paid for this?

And we've been waiting how long for all the fixes to The Center?

I don't care about End Game yet cause "the game" is nowhere near production. If WC wants it to be successful that is...

P.S. As a console user I'm dreading the next XB update, to kill everything I've come to love regarding fliers

If we're being pragmatic the game is in beta. It runs decently well and doesn't have any game breaking bugs. We're in the middle of the last big content dump then we're headed to release. 

Primitive plus is pretty broken  (I mean, a glitch in it caused my ark to be unplayable for 5 weeks ffs) and the center could do with a little polishing, but those honestly Play second fiddle to the main game. 

Ok but seriously, back on track. Here is a summary of what I think needs to be done for bosses. Again note that I do not have experience with all of them but am talking from feedback of various sources, posts on forums, wiki boss stats etc. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I think if a change on any or all of these fronts happens, it would make it better for all of us.

-Timer increase/removal. Especially for hard broodmother which has gargantuan health. Teleports everyone back upon ending.

-Damage reduced across the board, and dragon flame should not be % based. Attacks should not directly hit the rider of a dino. You could let minions attack the rider with their attacks instead, dimorphs already do this in the dragon fight.

-Massive health reduction. (Maybe to the levels they are at on singleplayer?) If that's the solution then boss timers can remain unchanged.

-Allow previously obtained tek into the fight. We worked for it, it's an extra tool that should be useful for us. Maybe make them a progression tool to transition from one boss to the next.

-Maybe allow flyers in dragon arena? Half the time it's in the air itself and makes us lose precious minutes. Also fighting a dragon with a minigun on a quetzal sounds epic. (Don't know how useful it would be at the current dragon stats)

-Maybe add weak points/specific counters to certain bosses so it isn't two strategies, currently being mass pistol whipping or rex ganging.

-Increase the amount of element gained after the fight. In exchange increase the amount needed to craft the tek items so that it proportionally take the same amount of fights to get the same items, but you get much more fuel to use out of it. Currently an easy broodmother can only power a tek shield for up to 1-10 hours (depending on raidius) and I assume, if it's like other devices, it eats up one every time you turn it off and on.

-If you don't change their heath values, maybe consider adding a multiplier that increases damage dealt to bosses with firearms. That way it would somewhat counter the blueprint nerf that was done recently without hurting PVP.

-Finally, of course, fix the bugs such as players dying upon teleport, bosses not spawning, erroneous level requirements, players not teleporting, dinos getting stuck on each other upon teleport etc.

That is all for now I think :)

I personally would just like some communication from the devs when the community runs into issues like this. Especially here on the forums.

I realize early on when there was a Dev response early on (albeit somewhat unprofessional), but it was neither helpful nor informative. 

I think one thing we've all agreed on is that the bosses and the means to acquire Tek gear are broken. I for one would just like the dev team to acknowledge that they plan to address it. Even if it takes them awhile. 

• Jerryn locked this topic
  • Volunteer Moderator

If you do not want to stay on topic, then do not post.

If you are going to try and keep bringing up the same issues to hi-jack the thread, then this thread will be closed.

If you have an issue with the rules, a moderator(s), warnings, etc., you can open a Support ticket and route it to Forums and Forum accounts.

ETA:

@Epsilonianand everyone else:

The group that handles Forums and Forum Accounts is not the same as the one that handles server related issues/administration.

• Jerryn unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Ok but seriously, back on track. Here is a summary of what I think needs to be done for bosses. Again note that I do not have experience with all of them but am talking from feedback of various sources, posts on forums, wiki boss stats etc. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I think if a change on any or all of these fronts happens, it would make it better for all of us.

-Timer increase/removal. Especially for hard broodmother which has gargantuan health. Teleports everyone back upon ending.

-Damage reduced across the board, and dragon flame should not be % based. Attacks should not directly hit the rider of a dino. You could let minions attack the rider with their attacks instead, dimorphs already do this in the dragon fight.

-Massive health reduction. (Maybe to the levels they are at on singleplayer?) If that's the solution then boss timers can remain unchanged.

-Allow previously obtained tek into the fight. We worked for it, it's an extra tool that should be useful for us. Maybe make them a progression tool to transition from one boss to the next.

-Maybe allow flyers in dragon arena? Half the time it's in the air itself and makes us lose precious minutes. Also fighting a dragon with a minigun on a quetzal sounds epic. (Don't know how useful it would be at the current dragon stats)

-Maybe add weak points/specific counters to certain bosses so it isn't two strategies, currently being mass pistol whipping or rex ganging.

-Increase the amount of element gained after the fight. In exchange increase the amount needed to craft the tek items so that it proportionally take the same amount of fights to get the same items, but you get much more fuel to use out of it. Currently an easy broodmother can only power a tek shield for up to 1-10 hours (depending on raidius) and I assume, if it's like other devices, it eats up one every time you turn it off and on.

-If you don't change their heath values, maybe consider adding a multiplier that increases damage dealt to bosses with firearms. That way it would somewhat counter the blueprint nerf that was done recently without hurting PVP.

-Finally, of course, fix the bugs such as players dying upon teleport, bosses not spawning, erroneous level requirements, players not teleporting, dinos getting stuck on each other upon teleport etc.

That is all for now I think :)

The weakpoints, Tek usage, and timer increase all sound really fair to me. Also, the difficulty scale from Easy -> Medium -> Hard should be mechanic-based, not just stat based. I'd say keep damage more-or-less even as you go up in difficulty, but increase HP and introduce new mechanics to deal with. Instead of increasing the Element earned, I'd just make items charged using Element Shards, so it's effectively doing the same thing.

Archived