Jump to content

So what did you do in ARK today?


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Cymas said:

Huge, huge win today.

I know I said I wasn't necessarily up to playing much this week, but I wanted to paint my redwoods manor. I figured while I was over there I would run the swamp cave, then paint. Well...two cave runs in and I finally, finally got an ascendant rex saddle blueprint! A month of constantly searching for one, running this cave and popping every red drop I could find on The Island, and mass slaughtering hundreds of penguins to repair my arthro'd armor. It all finally paid off.

Now, there is a slight downside to this blueprint--I have loot quality turned up precisely because I didn't want to spend so much time farming. So it's a 202 armor saddle, which is great! Except it's stupid expensive.

But, that's where the grinder comes in. All the junk saddles and armor I've been picking up has just been collecting in my grinder. Smashed them all up and actually got enough mats back to make 5 saddles. I could make 4 just from the mats I had in base on top of that, plus the 2 saddles I found last week. I went on a giant metal run, then took my theri around shredding all the vegetation we could get our ticklers on. And luckily I had the foresight to save every bit of hide starting from day 1.

Just waiting for the metal to smelt down and have been crafting more saddles as we go. Just 3 left to go!

That said, I'm not going to start running bosses until the weekend. I'll spent the rest of the week doing some prep work. I've only done maybe 3 boss fights ever, never solo, and sp has some limitations that online play does not. So I'll be setting up small feeding/respawn posts at each obelisk since you have to actually go to the corresponding ones in single player. Plus now that I have otters I can go farm the rest of the artifacts I need, going to start with Broodmother of course. I plan on getting 4 more of each artifact; 1 for each difficulty level, 1 in case of a fail, and the set I already have for display purposes. My otter can carry that many so it should be pretty easy. Assuming I don't get lost in the stupid lava cave again, man it is so easy to get turned around in there.

I'll also start looking around for a female allo, level doesn't matter, just to start breeding for the snow cave, and I still need to find a pair of good basilos to breed for the underwater caves. Aside from that and getting my gear together, I'm basically ready to start the Ascension process!

Also I feel like I need a name for my baryonyx. He's been so critical to this entire process and he doesn't even have a name yet. Bred, fully imprinted, not mutated, and we've been through so, so much together. I just honestly have no idea what to call him. Rejected the names Dweller and Fisher already, and Mini Spino is the common nickname I use for dimetrodons. But if any of my animals deserves a name, it's this bary for sure. I'll think on it, I still need to bring him back to base and breed him as I never did get a perfect pair with his stats.

Still can't believe I finally got the blueprint and can start progressing at long last. In game it's like day 184 or something silly, just insane to think about how much time has gone into this and thus far so little to show for it.

The real grind for island bosses is the creature products. Good luck man :) Glad you finally got the BP - Have you bothered speccing into crafting speed for the increased quality crafts for them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I logged in and lagged out for about 5 minutes, then rubber-banded all over the place so I quit and went to work where it's less stressful.

I always find this one of the most interesting posts to read. What did you do on *ARK* today? I for one tamed a few scorpions, filled my troughs full of berries and meat and then decided to look

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok   No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed. I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level even

Posted Images

So I play on a boosted cluster, last night I with my 753 damage longneck, I used over 275 shocking darts and 300 tranq darts on a high level giga, and it still wouldn't go down, plus another guy shot it like 100 times with tranq darts. It kept glitching straight up steep cliffsides.  It was part Thyla I swear!  Plus it kept joining up with 4 regular and 1 alpha rex, a alpha carno and 2 alpha raptors. 

Frustrated, I just killed it with my max level imprinted wyvern.

 

I've tamed enough gigas before, including on default single player settings, and on similar boosted clusters, and never run across such a thing.  Thing was the Thanos of gigas. lol

Besides that I tamed some near max level owls, and prepared one of my bases in anticipation of the Halloween event.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cymas said:

Huge, huge win today.

I know I said I wasn't necessarily up to playing much this week, but I wanted to paint my redwoods manor. I figured while I was over there I would run the swamp cave, then paint. Well...two cave runs in and I finally, finally got an ascendant rex saddle blueprint! A month of constantly searching for one, running this cave and popping every red drop I could find on The Island, and mass slaughtering hundreds of penguins to repair my arthro'd armor. It all finally paid off.

Now, there is a slight downside to this blueprint--I have loot quality turned up precisely because I didn't want to spend so much time farming. So it's a 202 armor saddle, which is great! Except it's stupid expensive.

But, that's where the grinder comes in. All the junk saddles and armor I've been picking up has just been collecting in my grinder. Smashed them all up and actually got enough mats back to make 5 saddles. I could make 4 just from the mats I had in base on top of that, plus the 2 saddles I found last week. I went on a giant metal run, then took my theri around shredding all the vegetation we could get our ticklers on. And luckily I had the foresight to save every bit of hide starting from day 1.

Just waiting for the metal to smelt down and have been crafting more saddles as we go. Just 3 left to go!

That said, I'm not going to start running bosses until the weekend. I'll spent the rest of the week doing some prep work. I've only done maybe 3 boss fights ever, never solo, and sp has some limitations that online play does not. So I'll be setting up small feeding/respawn posts at each obelisk since you have to actually go to the corresponding ones in single player. Plus now that I have otters I can go farm the rest of the artifacts I need, going to start with Broodmother of course. I plan on getting 4 more of each artifact; 1 for each difficulty level, 1 in case of a fail, and the set I already have for display purposes. My otter can carry that many so it should be pretty easy. Assuming I don't get lost in the stupid lava cave again, man it is so easy to get turned around in there.

I'll also start looking around for a female allo, level doesn't matter, just to start breeding for the snow cave, and I still need to find a pair of good basilos to breed for the underwater caves. Aside from that and getting my gear together, I'm basically ready to start the Ascension process!

Also I feel like I need a name for my baryonyx. He's been so critical to this entire process and he doesn't even have a name yet. Bred, fully imprinted, not mutated, and we've been through so, so much together. I just honestly have no idea what to call him. Rejected the names Dweller and Fisher already, and Mini Spino is the common nickname I use for dimetrodons. But if any of my animals deserves a name, it's this bary for sure. I'll think on it, I still need to bring him back to base and breed him as I never did get a perfect pair with his stats.

Still can't believe I finally got the blueprint and can start progressing at long last. In game it's like day 184 or something silly, just insane to think about how much time has gone into this and thus far so little to show for it.

Biggest challenge of doing the vanilla Ascension solo is to beat the dragon. The gamma one can be done easily without mutated creatures as you can see in my vid (posted a few days ago in this thread). For the beta/alpha, that's another ball game entirely.... The tek cave in itself is very easy and so is the overseer once familliar with it. That being said, I'd suggest doing a few dry runs in SP to be familliar with the whole thing.

As for the Snow Cave, I wouldn't bother with allos as you can fit a rex inside with a cryopod. There are a 1-2 spots where you'll need to recryo/unpod but accessibility is alright. Only the artifact room can't be entered by a rex, but that's manageable. On the plus side, bringing rexes in here will help you level them up for upcoming bosses as a full clear usually nets me around 25-30k xp.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was gone for a few days due to working at a comic convention and I don't have a gaming laptop, luckily a friend I made in game watched over my dinos so I came back to them being all good and ready to go! Started to work on the barn in my little area for my dinos and my gf was gifted a Deino egg right before we left so I got that hatched as well and was working on feeding it up when a T-rex showed up and started trouble in my area. My Pteras popped out and tried to fight back. I was able to pull off my high level one and get her back in the pen but not before her mate Barry was killed (but they did have an egg together so that's in holding till I have a chance to torch it up and hatch that) Pulled the t-rex away and got it interested in all the other dinos in the area and away from our base but sadly I didn't realize that I grabbed one of our jerboas and when I was running around trying to gather fiber to make more arrows to try and help take down the t-rex I tossed it at the huge dino fight and it got squished by a bronto. Finally got the baby Deino up to juvenile so I logged off to take care of real life things (had a feeding trough full of meat and had meat on him as well) so I thought all was well til I logged in this morning and saw in the logs that it had starved to death over night :( Now I'm gonna have to go steal an egg from a nest.  Made a full set of Chitin armor this morning in anticipation for having to do that and added more floor to the barn and made the largest dino door possible for the front and luckily it actually fits where I have it stashed. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@caleb68 Thanks, fingers crossed that you get yours quickly! Being stuck relying on rng is such a terrible gameplay mechanic, but it's also most of Ark so...meh.

@d1nk No, I didn't bother doing that. I suppose if I hadn't been so excited to finally make progress and jumped on making saddles right away I probably should have. If I end up wiping to one of the bosses and have to rebuild I probably will.

@Darkholis Thanks for the tips! I've watched a couple solo runs of the map now but they were all old, from before cryopods were available on all maps, which I didn't take into account. I love allos but I'd just as soon take a rex through if I can get it to fit since I already have the rexes...I had heard that allos actually might fare better against the Overseer due to their speed so I was thinking of running a line for that anyway, though if it's not necessary I'd just as soon roll with what I have.

Honestly I don't expect my first gen army to survive much past the gamma dragon. They aren't mutated at all, just imprinted and leveled up. If I had realized getting a saddle bp would take so long I wouldn't have jumped the gun with raising them so quickly. On the bright side, in the meantime I've been stacking up muts so any rexes I lose to any boss will be replaced with significantly stronger ones. My base bloodline wasn't that impressive, just 10.1k HP and 349 melee. They now hatch with 13.6k HP and 443 melee. Still popping eggs regularly, plan to just keep stacking it up since I'll be using this line on all applicable maps. Life is too short to breed a new army for each map when I have a well established line already...

Anyway, overall after all of yesterday's excitement it was more or less back to the grind today. As much as I want to explore and mess around with the event after doing a dino wipe, I have so much work to do. I miscalculated how much metal I had so I ended up doing a metal run first thing. While that was smelting, I ran over to the redwoods base to pick up my bary in preparation of running other caves. Built my last few saddles and did some cleanup around the base. Starting to put together my gear and figure out what else I might need. Definitely need to make a few more pods, I only made 20 and they are now all occupied with my army.

Popped lots of eggs that had been building up, nothing worth mention. That was about it for me.

Pretty short day all told, the update took longer than I expected to download and install.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

so i trapped that griever guy. i some how managed to get him to walk into the metal box i made. it had aircon. fridges filled with cooked meat and health brews. we walked in and i quickly ran out and locked him in, he is now stuck in there and cant get out. honestly though i figured i am done with official. i am going to stick to unnofficial.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so haven't posted in awhile....

PVE-Official-Valguero

well Wildcard does it again, Making changes and not testing those changes before tossing them out on the public, causing major issues. 

My first event wyvern:

6E756EE48FEBB41EBCFAEBD8703EE06DD5936824

on its first maiden voyage was killed in about 10 seconds.  Took it down into the trench behind my house like I normally do to go collect some eggs.... and it got mobbed so bad by raptors it couldn't even fly.  

Don't believe that raptor spawns are overspawning on valguero maps? I hadn't seen it myself till today, sorry for the poor quality shot but I didn't dare go closer after losing my wyvern in the trench:
BCBBC5A24D40CEB72B0928E5161490ED295E61AC

thing is, you kill them and more just spawn in to take their place, least that's what was happening in the trench.  Guess that's 'Fear Evolved' for you,  I know its a bug, one that could of been avoided IF wildcard bothered to test anything, but once again we get a prime example of them not testing stuff before releasing it.

 

 

  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Yep. Look on the brightside. Could have been worse, could have been microraptors over spawning.

I don't think overspawns of anything are good, and if the maps were actually tested, even on the minimal scale, the overspawns could be caught before the patches were even released,  This one, honestly, is pretty damn hard to miss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I don't think overspawns of anything are good, and if the maps were actually tested, even on the minimal scale, the overspawns could be caught before the patches were even released,  This one, honestly, is pretty damn hard to miss.

I never said they were good just could have been worse.  Of course over spawns are bad, I can only imagine what that does to server stability and performance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

I never said they were good just could have been worse.  Of course over spawns are bad, I can only imagine what that does to server stability and performance.

didn't mean it that way mate, just that they aren't good in any way or form, even if it were just dodo lol.  I think the worst possible thing I can think of overspawning would be either giga or troodons.  The original overspawn of alpha rexs on valguero was horrible, but I think the raptor overspawn takes the cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caleb68 said:

didn't mean it that way mate, just that they aren't good in any way or form, even if it were just dodo lol.  I think the worst possible thing I can think of overspawning would be either giga or troodons.  The original overspawn of alpha rexs on valguero was horrible, but I think the raptor overspawn takes the cake.

Ah cool. Sorry am just pre-coffee atm, just wanted to make sure. I was thinking gigas too. Just for the giggles I would love to see overspawning of thylas (theoretically speaking of course) and then fly through the redwoods. Would be chaos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah cool. Sorry am just pre-coffee atm, just wanted to make sure. I was thinking gigas too. Just for the giggles I would love to see overspawning of thylas (theoretically speaking of course) and then fly through the redwoods. Would be chaos.

well... with a little editing you could probably make a mod that does that, or allows for one to toggle overspawns for x dino type... some people might actually like it.  ( I get the pre-coffee, im the same lol )

Edited by caleb68
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got home, saw I had a 7 hour download time for the Fear Evolved patch, so I watched re-runs of Ghost Whisperer & House, and then went to bed early.

This morning right before I left for work, I opened up ARK, saw the download was finished and opened ARK. Walked outside my base, saw a pumpkin patch, picked it up, then went back into base and logged off.

Hopefully can play tonight. But since my cluster only has RAG, VAL, and ABB, I'm not expecting much since it sounds like the dodorex and wyvern won't spawn on these maps.  :(

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

 

Hopefully can play tonight. But since my cluster only has RAG, VAL, and ABB, I'm not expecting much since it sounds like the dodorex and wyvern won't spawn on these maps.  :(

Thats a shame :( Am gutted they dont spawn on the other maps. Am so glad we have an Island server so I can see the dodorex again but we dont have a scorched server anymore so no dodowyvern for us. At least there is the rest of the event to kind of enjoy ? 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got on tonight to finally experience Fear Evolved again ! Its been too long. I off course took a flight round the Island on my wyvern to explore. Love The Island with the Autumnal colours, it is amazing ! Spotted a skeletal carno outside my base, so I killed it with my wyvern. In my travels I also spotted a skeletal giga around Obsidian Mointain. I was stunned, to my knowledge from past events those are supposed to be really rare. I would have gone back to base and grabbed my gigas then and there but night came on. 

Got lucky with when I logged on, on the first night the dodorex spawned. I took the snow owl approach, flying around with night vision active while listening for the music. Nothing. I did a whole loop round the Island. Didnt spot the dodorex at all before it despawned at dawn.

Went back to base.  Grabbed my pair of gigas and went to hunt down the skeletal giga. It was a bit hairy mainly because I had trouble maneuvering my giga around its mate. Killed the skeletal giga without to much of an issue after some repositioning. Lost about 10k health on each giga, so not too bad. Got the skeletal bone skin so score ! 

Finished up the night by biting the bullet and assembling my boss squad for an Beta Broodmother fight. Been meaning to top up on element for a while now. Assembled 7 megatheriums, 11 theris and a yuty at blue obelisk. Stuck a stack of veggy cakes in each theri. There was supposed to be an additional theri but it somehow it got left on my teleporter pad in transit. Hit the button and went in. It went well. The areneo were a pain as always, so obviously the theris and megas got distracted by those occasional, but we killed the broodmother in under 5 minutes. Most importantly got the dermis of it. Got the team back to base and grabbed the 750 element from one of the megas. The theris held up well, each lost about 2k health tops and only ate a few cakes each. Similiar story for the megas but one or two took a pounding and lost about 10k health. For the inevitable alpha fight I should be fine, hopefully, just need to stick more cakes into the theris and work on positioning during the fight. Oh and of course make sure I dont leave any boss tames behind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Kill one raptor, two more take their place. Hail hyraptor !

hehehe, i was reaidng a book on WWII before i got on, u may have heard of it. the eagal has landed. by jack higgins. so same thing happened to me. but there it was also deinos and allos. pteras were also sawming the beaches. i spent 3 hours killing raptors, deino, pteras and allos. on the bright side i got way better stats for my deinos than what i had before. all new stats came from 150. i compared the stats and they all ranked as very high in dododex. tamed some raptors for somehting i have planed. hint it includes the dodorex. so i started on the isalnd the other day. i tamed a 150 ptera and saddled it. a nice red one. great stam, melee and health, decent weight. i recorded its stats for future breeding and started leveling it. i found the one who awaits not on the mountain and went alpha hunting. i not sure how this came to be but 5 alpha raptors were near the redwoods. FIVE alphas. so i got my ptera to 7k health, 5k melee and 3k stam. i also gave it an asc saddle i found in a drop. it has a 300ish armour rating. so i think psh this this will be easy. i go down and barrel roll all five of them. 2 r already bloddy. then as i got for a second barrel roll a horde of raptors leap from the water and pounce me. i am now screaming and raging. as i am free the 120 alpha insta kills me. so i died and respawned. my ptera was on neutral and attacking them. but he is facing a horde of high lvl raptors including 5 high lvl alphas. i rush ove ron my OP sarco ready to death roll them terds. 15 minutes later i get there and ptera is almost dead. i whistle passive and follow and dive into water. ptera follows me far enough for me to mount on him, spent 5 minutes healing him and went for round 2. i lured the normie raptors into water with sarco and killed them. i also named sarco gustav. if u know who i am reffering to. also i think i spelt it right i not to sure. anyway went back for round 2. i quickly grabbed a second explorer not and fought them. one down, then another, then another. it was down to the 120 and 150 alphas. my ptera was nearly dead. i was trying to decide whether i abought or keep going. i ask ptera and it gives me a positive sound. so i dive in and boom. both dead. we came out with 50+ lvls for ptera and 30 for me. also i did not get a screen shot but the ptera is all red and is female. i knocked out and tamed another red 140 male ptera. they are swrmin 50, 50 cords near redwoods. i wanna make a base there but i worried it may be too laggy there. what names should i give the baby red ptera i play to breed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...