Community Crunch 409: Introducing Xiphactinus from ARK:Additions!

hey wildcard

genuine question but

what's with the campaign against levelling?

you raise the level cap crazy high, but then wall it behind xp numbers that are measured in billions. that's a number followed by 9 zeroes for you numerical illiterates out there.

then you remove every method that's even slightly reasonable to get there.

First the baby dino xp farms, now the dynamite skin. it feels like you dont actually want us to be that high level.

What's next? extinction drops no longer give xp? at that point i won't even want to play ext and you might as well just disable xp gain altogether

1 hour ago, TheTrueSpider said:

hey wildcard

genuine question but

you raise the level cap crazy high, but then wall it behind xp numbers that are measured in billions. that's a number followed by 9 zeroes for you numerical illiterates out there.

First the baby dino xp farms, now the dynamite skin. it feels like you dont actually want us to be that high level.

What's next? extinction drops no longer give xp? at that point i won't even want to play ext and you might as well just disable xp gain altogether

If you think Wildcards tough try my "Harder than Hardcore" pvpve server. XP-gain ≈ 0.1x, 0x for explorer notes. :)

To me it's easy to reach lvl 100, even on hardcore, cheesing the game mechanics in different ways. That's not how it's meant to be as I see it. You should be more or less forced to play the game at all levels, not jump to the highest lvl in a very short amount of time. It make you value your progress more and make the game content you partake in more varied, both in pvp and pve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

hey wildcard

genuine question but

Right, because god forbid you do something productive and risky like hunt alpha's, find explorer notes, or anything that involves playing the damn game as it was intended.🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickevon said:

Ok so are all of ark additions creatures/dinos going to be officially part of ASA or is it just going to be a select few or something ? 

All the original from ASE 10.

Archelon, Acrocathosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Ceratosarus, Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, Deinotherium, Deinosuchus, Helicorprion, and Xiphactinus.

Premiums are going to stay premium, but there's a chance Dienochirus and Velociraptor will be added when they are closer to being finished, maybe Suchomimus but no word on that crewture yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Brettskii said:

Another great crunch guys! Thanks for the weekly updates. That dino looks awesome! Im loving PvP SE right now and i cant wait for Center!

Please add a store in game that i can buy tradable currency or flat out buy resources! You have some serious potential waiting for you to capitalize on it. Please please please! Your community is practically begging you to take our money *insert fry meme*.

This could rival elder scrolls online and world of warcraft micro transactions if you get on board while the game is fresh n fertile!

No one is begging for that expect you.

PLEASE ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS , said no player ever. Go play a fibercraft server or another game entirely if you cant handle the grind of official. Stop spamming the forums with this junk. 

• Thanks 6

8 hours ago, xXMorepheusXx said:

Love how they are going to take someone else's creatures, mods, and tweak them to their liking, which means, they will screw them up and be no where close to what the author intended then to be.

Have you seen Garuga’s stream about the collab? Garuga still has ownership of the Ark Addition mods and will give Wild Card the Thumbs Up whenever they make a change to something. As a result of the collab, Wild Card will pay x-amount of money to Garuga for his mods.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Brettskii said:

The extra money from real micro transactions will help get Ark 2 going and keep ASA up and running instead of closing it. Its common sense that a money making platform wouldn't be thrown away.

Which part of recent history did you miss?
EVERY publisher that has a strong focus on mtx has great financial succes but hardly any decent game. Yes, it works to get funds but those funds hardly benefit game development. Sofar it was always said that revenue was not an issue for ARK but most of that money was wasted on someones electric car pipedream.

So even if they take your disposable money it is no guarantee at all any of that will benefit ASA or ARK 2. No one is demonizing you but also no one is supporting your idea.
But hey, feel free to donate all you can spare to Snail and believe you're the saviour of ARK...

• Thanks 2

On 5/11/2024 at 2:06 AM, TyranntX said:

I knew Xiph would be the one to join cerato, as it's the only one out of all the 10 that's going to be a 1:1 conversion (safe for the variant which is not coming to base game :( ). Anyway, happy to see what to expect next week (assuming it doesn't get delayed).

In the end it happened... good for them, they deserved the fame, who knows if other mods will be canonized one day...

So I don't understand the changes in Ark ascended. It makes the game harder to start then ever before. Movement speed being a set speed that's the same as everything trying to eat you, make stamina a useless attribute. I'm just able to run longer then still get eaten. Aggro distance on some creatures is insane such as the terror bird. But it's OK because I'm going to jog slowly away until I run out of stamina and it catches me. I don't see a way to set beds to a certain level of tribemate like in the old game. This makes it easier to be insided. Which is horrible that yall allow anyways but that's another note, to be actively taking away measures for people to protect the tribe is wrong. The game isn't very responsive for controllers on steam. No matter what remote. I'm tapping transfer all 6 times before it works. Also transfer all should take everything first then give all to storage the second tap. Why am I transferring everything into a drop then back into my inventory? Make it tap take all, hold RB to give all. That would be so much simpler. So all in all please increase standard Movement speed or introduce a Movement speed attribute again but cap it if there's an issue. Fix tribe governance for all objects, and fix RB PLEASE 🙏.

• Facepalm 1

I support the micro-transaction idea just for the sole reason of decimating the disgusting multi-million dollar RWT/RMT black market. If they sold a bunch of resources in-game, that really hurts no one. People who play 24/7 wouldn't need to buy it regardless, and people that don't play 24/7 would have the option (that's right, option, you don't have to buy anything) to "keep up" if they can't play that much. Really shows how deep the RMT rabbit hole has gone with those that are against it. Even if it was a system like Gen2 it still *helps* to get rid of RMT.

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Mike585x said:

I support the micro-transaction idea just for the sole reason of decimating the disgusting multi-million dollar RWT/RMT black market.

That is the issue: MTX will not end that market. Black markets will always find a way to benefit someone for cash, sellers wil always find something that someone "needs".

And lets be fair, how much different is the grinder that sells a dedi full of dust from a tips&tricks YouTuber earning ad revenue? Basicly they both use the game to make a few bucks. One by selling resources, the other by teaching tricks.
(For the record: I'm involved in neither)

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MMaas said:

That is the issue: MTX will not end that market. Black markets will always find a way to benefit someone for cash, sellers wil always find something that someone "needs".

And lets be fair, how much different is the grinder that sells a dedi full of dust from a tips&tricks YouTuber earning ad revenue? Basicly they both use the game to make a few bucks. One by selling resources, the other by teaching tricks.
(For the record: I'm involved in neither)

I didn't say end, I said decimate. Basically if WC utterly lowballs them all, they'd be pretty upset, and I'd laugh hysterically.

WC should be the ones getting all of that money anyway.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mike585x said:

I didn't say end, I said decimate. Basically if WC utterly lowballs them all, they'd be pretty upset, and I'd laugh hysterically.

WC should be the ones getting all of that money anyway.

In an ideal world WC could get all that money.
In the real world Steam, Sony, MS or whatever store you use grabs their 30% and Snail steals a large chunk of the rest.
ARK made billions according to some and look what happened with ASE: Forever in early acces, money all up in smoke on a bankrupt EV dream.

So what is the big issue of some gamer making a few bucks on the side instead of donating that money to an financial irresponsible company? To me it's all the same.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MMaas said:

In an ideal world WC could get all that money.
In the real world Steam, Sony, MS or whatever store you use grabs their 30% and Snail steals a large chunk of the rest.
ARK made billions according to some and look what happened with ASE: Forever in early acces, money all up in smoke on a bankrupt EV dream.

So what is the big issue of some gamer making a few bucks on the side instead of donating that money to an financial irresponsible company? To me it's all the same.

Few bucks? Some people have it as a full time job. Making thousands from breaking the TOS at that. Is it their (WC) fault for not enforcing it? Absolutely. But I won't sit here and condone it. It's not allowed on ANY game (other than ones that work with it).

I don't see why WC shouldn't be able to dip their hands into the profits, (if they aren't secretly already heh).

So what's the big deal? Well, for starters, we obviously know that "financially irresponsible company" definitely needs the money, especially to actually work on this game you are here fighting for.

You probably would have more maps by now and fixes.

Look at them trying to profit on other people's work (mods).

They literally screwed over ASE Official and old gen players because of $ issues to keep servers running. Now we have to deal with Nitrado monopolization over $200 per month to keep our progress.

Everyone on my Official server(s) agreed and would have GLADLY started giving them even a monthly subscription to keep playing on our ASE server, but alas.

So yeah, why the heck would I care if they had micro-transactions lol. Other players selling stuff is already basically the same thing, but at least this method could be regulated. Like making illegal substances legal finally.

Edited by Mike585x

3 hours ago, Mike585x said:

They literally screwed over ASE Official and old gen players because of $ issues to keep servers running. Now we have to deal with Nitrado monopolization over $200 per month to keep our progress.

So why would you believe any extra money would benefit ASA? You can bett your dilo's and raptors it will get the same treatment as ASE the moment they are about to launch ARK2. Every penny you throw at them might end up in the wrong pocket instead of development or server maintenance/moderating.
And no, we won't have anything more. There is a huge issue with bugs that take time to fix, they had years time with ASE and they failed. Modded maps are most likely being launched faster and already available as mtx/dlc.

And about a monthly fee... Console players do pay that, MS/Sony always told us the subscription were needed for online games. Did it help them to keep the servers up and running? If you are willing to pay a monthly fee why not just start your own cluster? Why throw your money at companies prooven unthrustworty with their promisses?

Again: If you think they need and deserve more money, just donate to them. Don't use a shop that effects all players.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, Devangelic said:

If you think Wildcards tough try my "Harder than Hardcore" pvpve server. XP-gain ≈ 0.1x, 0x for explorer notes. :)

To me it's easy to reach lvl 100, even on hardcore, cheesing the game mechanics in different ways. That's not how it's meant to be as I see it. You should be more or less forced to play the game at all levels, not jump to the highest lvl in a very short amount of time. It make you value your progress more and make the game content you partake in more varied, both in pvp and pve

Yeah level 100 is easy to get to, and yes I also have no problem playing the game at all levels. The problem here is that if you don’t focus power levelling, you’ll probably never exceed the 130s, which you likely don’t have any experience with from your comment that assumed I was talking about 100

heres a graph for reference 

the red line is xp per level

the blue line is total xp

A02197DA-0229-4E7C-8738-3F1975D40ADF.jpeg

3C5B9BA2-CF47-495C-9FF5-A02A7A1A06AE.jpeg

On 5/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, TyranntX said:

Right, because god forbid you do something productive and risky like hunt alpha's, find explorer notes, or anything that involves playing the damn game as it was intended.🤦‍♂️

My brother in Christ

ive levelled several chibis to max

ive got every explorer note in the game

do you have any idea how absurd it is to level past 131 by just “playing the game”

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheTrueSpider said:

Yeah level 100 is easy to get to, and yes I also have no problem playing the game at all levels. The problem here is that if you don’t focus power levelling, you’ll probably never exceed the 130s, which you likely don’t have any experience with from your comment that assumed I was talking about 100

heres a graph for reference 

the red line is xp per level

the blue line is total xp

A02197DA-0229-4E7C-8738-3F1975D40ADF.jpeg

3C5B9BA2-CF47-495C-9FF5-A02A7A1A06AE.jpeg

No, I don't have any experience of that and I get what you are saying here. To me it would make most sense that ways to earn more XP would open up at higher levels, but I can't help with that. Seems like most engrams and game content is opened up at lower levels though so I don't really get why you should level up so high other than to make your character slightly more powerful. I'd rather take the game content in a pace I can enjoy it than jump to the end of it, which is probably why I don't have any experience of this in particular although 15-20 k hours in ARK. 

On 5/12/2024 at 2:05 PM, Brettskii said:

stop demonizing me wanting to get an option for us working players. No kid left behind....

Im not saying get rid of farming and the "grind" im just saying please take my money so i can have a little more than the people on benefits playing all dang day. Only people it would hurt are the black market dealers. Im guessing you have a RMT discord and its a threat lmao! For real, explain to me how its going to negatively affect the casual player? The only people that are feeling the grippy sock are the people trying to create an illegal third party discord marketplace! Its my opinion that you are a greedy  discord seller and don't want to have your prices go down cause more people would be buying!

PvP will get a huge boost cause nobody will have the full control of servers, so WC and Snail wont be wasting money on a one person server cause they spammed the hell out of it.

PvE players will get the option to explore more tek with a new way to get the end game materials. There currently is a lack of available resources to farm in game cause benefit players are hogging all the spawns and timing the re spawn out to keep it locked. Guessing thats you!

The extra money from real micro transactions will help get Ark 2 going and keep ASA up and running instead of closing it. Its common sense that a money making platform wouldn't be thrown away.

p2w is a word flung around to scare people. unknown low tier games that went down did for unknown reasons and using them as your argument is a bad filler broskii. so far all the MAJOR titles ive seen that have battle passes and in game RMT stores are all up and running in this inflated world so they are doing it right. WC/Snail would do well to tap into that market and start hitting us with some phat surprise goodies. We will show our support!

Im waiting to see that reply from ya! Please don't disappoint me with senseless nu uh spam.

No one’s demonizing you, you’re just making an arse of yourself by advocating for making the game into a p2w system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3