Community Crunch 409: Introducing Xiphactinus from ARK:Additions!

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Remember when we announced that Ceratosaurus from ARK:Additions is being integrated into the core game in the last Community Crunch? Well, get ready, because the fearsome Xiphactinus is next! Even though we may make a few changes to the design of the creatures from ARK: Additions, these beasts are going to shake up the game in mid-May!
Which of Garuga's creatures are you hoping to see get integrated?

ASA_Introducing_Xiphactinus.png

ASA_Xiphactinus_PromoArt_2560x1440.jpg

Download in full resolution

Be wary of the open ocean, for there lurk shoals of Xiphactinus, relentlessly aggressive fish with appetites bigger than their bodies. These voracious predators will blindly attack anything in sight, so you'll need to act fast or become their next meal! They tend to become even more ferocious in packs, so stay on your toes!

Looking_Ahead.png

We're always eager to hear which creatures you're most excited to see from the ARK: Additions mod. You can stay directly connected to the latest updates and engage with the development process by joining Garuga's Discord server.

Premium Mods Spotlight.png

Download & play new custom content created by players, including new maps, creatures, items, and game modes, through a dedicated new Mod-bowser directly within the game. Enjoy an endless stream of new ARK content as the creativity and talent of the community is fully unleashed for the first time across gaming platforms and stay tuned as we spotlight more Cross-Platform Mods each week!

This video features:

LiveOpsUpdatesHeadingY.png

Expire Servers Reminder.png  

On April 8th, we deployed a new type of server across the network (for the various game types) that we refer to as "Expire" (which is what you can search for in the session filter). 

These servers will be online until 10 am PST / 1 pm EST on June 1st. We're preemptively using our allocation for The Center to host some additional sessions that players can travel onto to farm, tame, and experience the Scorched Earth Gameplay. The same transfer restrictions apply in that you are only able to download your character, but you can freely take anything off. This is to help reduce load off some of the other servers, or provide players an option for those who just want to jump onto Scorched Earth temporarily.

Please note that these servers will no longer exist after 10 am PST / 1 pm EST on June 1st, so if you intend to use them, remember to transfer your items/creatures/characters off before that date, as nothing will be saved beyond that time period.

For the full list of the Expire servers, click here.

Switch News.png

ARKTwitterSaleGraphic19.png

We are pleased to announce that Genesis Part 2 is now entering submission with Nintendo and will release on Monday, July 1st alongside the Rhyniognatha, which will be found spawning around The Island.

Pick up the Ultimate Survivor Edition or the Ultimate Survivor Upgrade for 50% off through May 27th and be ready for launch!

bonus_rates_official.png

ASA_Social_Post_BonusRates_2x_1920x1920MAY10-13.jpg

This weekend, the Official Network will be receiving bonus rates! It will be active until Monday, May 13.

• PVP/PVE: 2x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience, and Breeding
  • Small Tribes: 4.5x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 4x Breeding
  • ARKpocalypse: 5x Harvesting, Taming and Experience, and Breeding

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Sossage Party

The Sossage Party played ARK Prop Hunt to find out who is the Dino Hide & Seek Champion!

Creator: Phlinger Phoo

In this episode, Phlinger adds a greenhouse and a floating wyvern landing pad to his Scorched Earth Ascended base.

fanartblue.png

Lethal by @WolfTek7

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@WolfTek7_

Fan Art by @Regure33

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@Regure33_

Scout, Wasp and Spinach! by @Draconiart

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@Draconiar

Sliding in by @falco_luna

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@falco_lun

Raising Rexes is Hard Work by @artofnezuyu

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@artofnezu

Part 7 of Drawing Every Dino Dossier by cascadingcaramel

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_cascadingc

The Heat is on! (Fire Wyvern) by yourmom-12

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_yourmom-12

ARK_photomode.png

Tapejara by ohnooo0oo0

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_ohnooo0oo0

Photo Mode by strides993

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_strides993

Howl by bootman

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_bootman_19

Fire Wyvern by lunajiiva

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_lunajiiva_

The morning sun is also insanely beautiful! by @hamubarg

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_409_@hamubarg_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

26 minutes ago, BionicKetchup65 said:

The Xiph an interesting pick to say the least, it should make traveling the ocean much easier during the mid-game. I can’t wait to see it come to the main game! On the other side I was hoping for the other pick to be Deinosuchus but beggars can’t be choosers. 

Na it's going to be scarier to swim now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kage360 said:

Let it come out as a mod 1st, the current one is not based on the one in the vote, their are plans in the works to many many of the vote creatures that lost into mods

That makes a lot of sense of what you’re saying but the biggest comparison that came to my mind is with UpFromTheDepths Ledumahadi for Paleo Ark. Once it comes I hope Wild Card might add it eventually to the game, it can be a lovely addition to Scorched Earth along with the Fasalo. However, the main reason why I want Ledu is because it would be a “collab” with UpFromTheDepth who would own ownership still. In addition, he is a very talented and deserving person who has played Ark for what feels like decades now. 

2 hours ago, Brettskii said:

Another great crunch guys! Thanks for the weekly updates. That dino looks awesome! Im loving PvP SE right now and i cant wait for Center!

Please add a store in game that i can buy tradable currency or flat out buy resources! You have some serious potential waiting for you to capitalize on it. Please please please! Your community is practically begging you to take our money *insert fry meme*.

This could rival elder scrolls online and world of warcraft micro transactions if you get on board while the game is fresh n fertile!

I can assure you that the majority of the community would NOT want something like this. One of the biggest points of praise I've heard over the years for Ark is that all of their paid DLC actually feels like it's worth the money, and adding micro transactions for any element of the game would only work to tarnish that and make the community upset. At that point you may as well charge players for every fifteen minutes of playtime in the game.

• Thanks 7

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Brettskii said:

Another great crunch guys! Thanks for the weekly updates. That dino looks awesome! Im loving PvP SE right now and i cant wait for Center!

Please add a store in game that i can buy tradable currency or flat out buy resources! You have some serious potential waiting for you to capitalize on it. Please please please! Your community is practically begging you to take our money *insert fry meme*.

This could rival elder scrolls online and world of warcraft micro transactions if you get on board while the game is fresh n fertile!

This is almost worth a report for repeatedly posting or copy/paste.
Sofar "Your community" is just you and the imaginairy people inside your head, go seek help please.

Edited by MMaas
typo
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Brettskii said:

It is no longer a survival game that point, why not just join a boosted server and save your money?!

• Thanks 5