Community Crunch 402: Oasisaur Concept, Bob's Tall Tales, and More!

15 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

They added the new Animated Series skins to A.S.E. instead of keeping it exclusive to their new baby A.S.A.?!

I thought they were supposed to not mess with my A.S.E. anymore and add updates that might cause something to break. 😭

If they were to update A.S.E. more the only thing I'd want them to do is fix the official holiday events.

The Animated Series skins have been in A.S.E. for years.

@ElementZeroS7L Exactly 💯  thank you I have been saying this since this all began. Since snail and wild are card cut official servers. We already paid for the full game..... There is no reason that we now have to do microtransactions except for some skins etc. (Maybe)I can see that. For A DLC REALLY  it all should be free. I agree with everything you have said. We have already paid for the game and then have to pay for the game all over again. He's early already paid $100 and something over that actually for the whole DLC and what's so funny is they still have ASE available to buy should it  not  be free now.......

Still disappointed and still they haven't really shown anything worth paying an extra amount of money for SmH

Thank you for the very vague foresight into the future, keep up the horrible work!! If I hadn't had 7 years of playing this game I would have uninstalled it after the first month. Your spawns for the gigantoraptor are absolutely horrible and the fact that someone can stick a pacifier on a baby and walk away from it with no timer on the team is horrid. As a long time or enthusiast I am very, very, very disappointed in your performance as of date. And no eggcellent adventure?? As far as that goes your timeline for releasing the maps was extremely laughable. I know you're trying to bring new players in but what about us enthusiasts who have been with you the whole time? Just a complete disappointment.

3 hours ago, ladymarina said:

@ElementZeroS7L Exactly 💯  thank you I have been saying this since this all began. Since snail and wild are card cut official servers. We already paid for the full game..... There is no reason that we now have to do microtransactions except for some skins etc. (Maybe)I can see that. For A DLC REALLY  it all should be free. I agree with everything you have said. We have already paid for the game and then have to pay for the game all over again. He's early already paid $100 and something over that actually for the whole DLC and what's so funny is they still have ASE available to buy should it  not  be free now.......

Still disappointed and still they haven't really shown anything worth paying an extra amount of money for SmH

Agreed x100... Make that an event if you want new players. 7 years in this game and it's gotten worse than it ever was. 

11 hours ago, Mike585x said:

The Animated Series skins have been in A.S.E. for years.

The Raptor yes, and I think also the Parasaur, when they did the promo for it back when they first announced that the series was being worked on. But now they've added an animated Dodo skin, Bob skin, and Helena skin and will probably add even more as time goes on and more episodes are released. 

You didn't notice the couple MB update for your A.S.E. game files?

What I'm concerned about is that any update they do to A.S.E. might break something important and then they won't bother to even pretend to try to fix it. :/

8 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

The Raptor yes, and I think also the Parasaur, when they did the promo for it back when they first announced that the series was being worked on. But now they've added an animated Dodo skin, Bob skin, and Helena skin and will probably add even more as time goes on and more episodes are released. 

What I'm concerned about is that any update they do to A.S.E. might break something important and then they won't bother to even pretend to try to fix it. :/

yes there was a second update for ASE and Steam only too changing the version to 358.25, but changes are unknown. Epic version and dedicated servers are stuck to 358.24 that added the rex and dodo anime skins.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They added two new ones. 

13 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

Naw, I didn't notice. I barely play anymore, I just run the cluster.

However, it doesn't seem like that major of an "update" to really count or be worried about. For all we know, the skins were already coded into the game (same time as the others), and ready to be unlocked/implemented upon release of the animated series. That seems more of a plausible theory.

Edited by Mike585x

On 3/25/2024 at 9:41 AM, FlorianWind9 said:

They added the new Animated Series skins to A.S.E. instead of keeping it exclusive to their new baby A.S.A.?!

I thought they were supposed to not mess with my A.S.E. anymore and add updates that might cause something to break. 😭

If they were to update A.S.E. more the only thing I'd want them to do is fix the official holiday events.

Yeah well try fitting a scope to your longneck rifle and when you done that..try loading it with amo it uninstals the scope..this started since last update ASE 😒

On 3/23/2024 at 11:35 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

A week is still 7 days. Or do they teach something different in school now. These days it's hard to tell. 7 days from now is 3/29.

Are time zones foreign to you? Because I'm in Australia and posted this on Saturday 23rd, which would make it literally a week before Easter Sunday, notice i said BEFORE Easter, which is the 31st. To reiterate, at the time I posted there were 7 days, or 1 week, before Easter, I didn't say until Easter, with Easter being on the 8th day, I specifically said BEFORE. If we're going to get technical then Easter really starts on Good Friday and ends after Easter Monday, because Easter is celebrated over 4 days to signify Jesus' burial and resurrection. Easter Sunday is the day your mummy pretends the Easter Bunny left you chocolate eggs.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, darkradeon said:

yes there was a second update for ASE and Steam only too changing the version to 358.25, but changes are unknown. Epic version and dedicated servers are stuck to 358.24 that added the rex and dodo anime skins.

I saw that. I'm very concerned about that to. :/

10 hours ago, Mike585x said:

However, it doesn't seem like that major of an "update" to really count or be worried about. 

Wassatoo says that longneck rifle scopes don't work anymore after the last A.S.E. update. :/ If so, then that's a major break from just a couple MB of data difference that was just supposed to add in skins. What could they break if they decide to do another update? :/

3 hours ago, Wassatoo said:

Yeah well try fitting a scope to your longneck rifle and when you done that..try loading it with amo it uninstals the scope..this started since last update ASE 😒

My fears are being realized. By the Steam developer agreement a developer can't just decide to completely break a game that others have already paid for just to make them have to buy their new game right? :/

21 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

By the Steam developer agreement a developer can't just decide to completely break a game that others have already paid for just to make them have to buy their new game right?

See, that’s the neat thing about wildcard incompetence: more often than not adding one thing breaks another. The only difference now is whereas before with ASE being the only game meant they had they had to fix it (or simply say they’ll fix it and put it off indefinitely) now they can default on saying they planned to offer no more support for the old game and leave whatever mistakes were introduced courtesy of their screw up in the old game. They don’t have to maliciously and intentionally break AsE to try and force players to move, they can simply keep on the course they’re on and no one can call them on it because they said no more support.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

anyone else worried about how the trains will work on PvE?

rn it just sounds like an absolute nightmare of land claiming with whole stretches of land taken by a single tribe's railroad.

If you ever had a battle on ASE PvE to get your plumbing done when not building on a beach you'll know what the proper answere to that question should be.

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2024 at 12:37 AM, FlorianWind9 said:

Probably not considering what type of creature it is. You can't cryo Titanosaur or Titans.

Again, probably not considering what type of creature it is. You can't transfer Titanosaur or Titans.

It might, but I'd have to assume no considering the difference in coding involved. It says that raising plants on it would require little to no effort, so I have to assume that there will be some form of auto fertilizer and auto irrigation on it. 

Probably. Since it's designed as a place to live and have your base and since you'll be able to place foundations on it. But, might not if they consider it a platform saddle creature.

Probably not. They've said that it cures diseases and brings creatures back to life, but they haven't really said that it heals HP. If it does heal HP though, then I guess the answer depends on if baby creatures are coded differently than other entities in the game. If their HP is handled differently. 

I very extremely highly doubt it.

Again, I very extremely highly doubt it. I mean, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to have a 10,000 TON creature riding on my shoulder. 😛

I'd have to assume nerfs to HP and Damage. Probably also nerfs pertaining to how it gets tamed to make it harder to do so. Maybe also taking away the "Creature Revive" ability if they find out that it won't work and crashes the game. Or limiting the ability to certain creatures because they didn't think far enough ahead about having certain creatures able to revive upon the back of this creature.

I hope this helps a little for your questions. 👍

Its impossible to make comparison  with ASE as ASA is so heavily  nerfed that is totally different game.

But if we could then you are wrong - you could tame extintion bosses and transfer on other map.

Anyway thank you for answer.

We all can dream and more or less guess about it but info about product would be welcome from who is wiling to to sell it.

22 hours ago, MMaas said:

If you ever had a battle on ASE PvE to get your plumbing done when not building on a beach you'll know what the proper answere to that question should be.

Pipes were never an issue tho, they didn’t prevent building for other tribes, they could go through the air, and you could snap yours to someone else’s to prevent everyone having to pipe across the map

the railroad seems big enough to warrant preventing other people building near it, as it’s something you travel on, you don’t want other tribes blocking it

it definitely can’t go through the air

and it probably won’t have shared snapping cuz otherwise people would just be able to block you by putting a train in the middle of your route

43 minutes ago, TheTrueSpider said:

Pipes were never an issue tho, they didn’t prevent building for other tribes, they could go through the air, and you could snap yours to someone else’s to prevent everyone having to pipe across the map

the railroad seems big enough to warrant preventing other people building near it, as it’s something you travel on, you don’t want other tribes blocking it

it definitely can’t go through the air

and it probably won’t have shared snapping cuz otherwise people would just be able to block you by putting a train in the middle of your route

The only way I see the train being useful is if it can carry unlimited or at least an astronomical amount of weight. Maybe have the tracks go from your forge to a nearby metal mountain. Of course it would still get outclassed by a teleporter but could be a decent primitive option with the right set up.

It's gonna be hard to protect though.

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The only way I see the train being useful is if it can carry unlimited or at least an astronomical amount of weight. Maybe have the tracks go from your forge to a nearby metal mountain. Of course it would still get outclassed by a teleporter but could be a decent primitive option with the right set up.

It's gonna be hard to protect though.

Yeah I just see it being used by lots of large tribes and taking up massive swathes of land, essentially adding an item that forces players to pillar huge areas just to use it

12 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

Except you could not repair them if someone else decided to pilar a beach or so. I know there were workarounds but just try see it from a fresh build character without acces to teksuits, trying to build his first farm.

Not everyone starts with lvl 100 on day 1.