Community Crunch 400: Cross-Platform Mod Spotlights, Boosted Rates, and More!

It's bad when part time mod developers are doing a better job at creating content than a career based entire team (Studio Wildcard). Showcasing and charging full speed ahead on the "mod train" isn't this incredible idea, it just makes WC look lazy and inconsistent wit their capabilities. I think I speak for at least half the community when I say we genuinely don't care about mods, other than quality of life mods that is. We just want communication from the devs and official content. 

-I'm not hating on you modders, you're doing a great job! and you should keep it up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"As we navigate the vast and untamed wilderness of ARK, let’s also take a moment to recognize the remarkable courage and contributions of women survivors who enrich our world, both within the game and beyond. In the spirit of International Women's Day, we celebrate unity and the strength that comes from diversity and mutual support across all genders in our community."

So where was this moment?

Here you take the time to mention International Women's Day and say that we should take a moment to recognize the remarkable women of Ark, yet you instantly go right into mod spotlights directly after; almost as if these sentences didn't exist.

Where are the spotlights highlighting these remarkable and courageous contributions?

Where are the videos, artwork, or even mod additions made by such individuals that you could have highlighted directly after this opening statement?

Where is the mentioning and highlighting of the great achievements that women on your staff have accomplished?

Maybe some of the mods, videos, and artwork you showed after have been made by women; but I wouldn't know it because you made no special mention of this and only have author names listed. 

You could have done something great with this. After reading this opening statement, I was ready to see what you had gathered up to celebrate such a moment.

Instead it's all just an empty copy/paste. 

Why did you even bother to copy/paste mention International Women's Day if you weren't going to do anything to celebrate it?

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Randy11231 said:

Who do I contact about a refund? Haven't played the game in months and don't plan to anymore. How hard is it to release maps THAT ALREADY EXIST! I would rather suck sausage for bus money and walk then play this game ever again.

if you were getting the maps you wanted they wouldnt focus on bugs and youd tell them to stop making maps and fix the game

• Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, FlorianWind9 said:

"As we navigate the vast and untamed wilderness of ARK, let’s also take a moment to recognize the remarkable courage and contributions of women survivors who enrich our world, both within the game and beyond. In the spirit of International Women's Day, we celebrate unity and the strength that comes from diversity and mutual support across all genders in our community."

Here you take the time to mention International Women's Day and say that we should take a moment to recognize the remarkable women of Ark, yet you instantly go right into mod spotlights directly after; almost as if these sentences didn't exist.

Where are the spotlights highlighting these remarkable and courageous contributions?

Where are the videos, artwork, or even mod additions made by such individuals that you could have highlighted directly after this opening statement?

Where is the mentioning and highlighting of the great achievements that women on your staff have accomplished?

Maybe some of the mods, videos, and artwork you showed after have been made by women; but I wouldn't know it because you made no special mention of this and only have author names listed. 

You could have done something great with this. After reading this opening statement, I was ready to see what you had gathered up to celebrate such a moment.

Why did you even bother to copy/paste mention International Women's Day if you weren't going to do anything to celebrate it?

Get a grip. The majority of ark players do not want propaganda in their games. Get on the various crappy social media platforms if you need that crap. If you want this game on the boycott list that's how it happens. 

• Facepalm 4

Please wildcard we need higher rates at all times. At least 1.5x. 

At the very least stop the 8 hour gestations, it's silly. People with a job can't even do this. I don't know why I need to explain this to anyone?

What other game are you literally unable to play properly if you have a job? 

Edited by BigChungus1

Listen. I'm all for mod spotlights. I think they're great. But the community can't subsist on crunches that give literally ZERO information as to the progress of ARK as a whole - the multitude of other comments stating this fact in a much more aggressive tone have said what has already been said. Although, admittedly, I do wish we also could've gotten something a little bit more meaningful for International Women's Day other than a generic statement that is inevitably bound to trigger gamergate bros.

What the community wants is COMMUNICATION AND TRANSPARENCY!!! Like, literally, you could be posting about the PROBLEMS you're having with Scorched Earth/The Center and I'm pretty sure it'd make a good portion of the community happy about it because we aren't being left completely in the dark about the development of the game, outside of you announcing release dates (and then proceeding to miss those release dates. Repeatedly.)

And on an unrelated note... why is there transformation/inflatable/sapience? FETISH ART in the community crunch today??? I don't know how y'all pick out the art for the community crunches but it feels suuuper weird. Especially considering that the art piece wasn't even made by the person who posted it...

• Like 3

Hello. I have a question, like everyone else, is there a chance that at least 1 map will be released for Ark Ascendant? I know the work of creating maps is not easy, but I'm tired of waiting. You don't provide any information about what you are doing and what stage of map creation you are at. Please give me some information. about your activities. We all want Ark to be as beautiful and prosperous as possible. Please provide more information about the maps and new creatures that will appear on them.

Hello all,
I'm realy disapointed at this time cause Consoles players have no other maps than The island on march 2024.
Nyrandil seems realy good but it is at 15% of completion. There is no all boos so what the hell ! There is no objectives for now to spend time on.
Svartalfheim seems great but not on consoles yet...
Start to be boring. I ever made many times the island since ASE.
Simple bugs like torches don't do light are not fix since the biginning.
You have A ton of people hang on at the the slightest bit of information from you and you say nothing.
Don't tell about delay ore date release if you are note sure but any idea of the progress.
I have my son only for hollyday and we had planned to beat the island and start the Center with him, my daughter and my wife.
But now we beat the island and nothing more to do on ASA. Sad...

My bug report :

4 hours ago, FlorianWind9 said:

Exactly this. I was so excited to see this as the opening statement and was looking for the celebration. Just an empty gesture :(

• Thanks 2

Im afraid of future of this game. Im afraid we will get 1-2 more unofficial maps later this year like Center and Ragnarok because creators and modders were paid less than real developers to work over it and then studio WIldcard will fail from financial problems and close the game without releasing Scorched Earth Aberation etc. Looking at numbers of people playing and getting bored so quick after achieving everything in 10 year old map that wasnt changed even by a little ( The island) makes me think there will be no more big income for Wildcard and they cant sponsor the game like its a charity.

• Like 1

Would love to see some screenshots of the upcoming new maps that you and your partners are working on. I don't understand why all the secrecy, people like Nekatus post updates all the time on his work and everyone loves that. He is practically a one-man-band that finds the time to work and post info so surely your huge team could do better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karol859 said:

Im afraid of future of this game. Im afraid we will get 1-2 more unofficial maps later this year like Center and Ragnarok because creators and modders were paid less than real developers to work over it and then studio WIldcard will fail from financial problems and close the game without releasing Scorched Earth Aberation etc. Looking at numbers of people playing and getting bored so quick after achieving everything in 10 year old map that wasnt changed even by a little ( The island) makes me think there will be no more big income for Wildcard and they cant sponsor the game like its a charity.

I disagree with the island not changing,it's actually worse than before

5 hours ago, DialingKacper said:

Hello. I have a question, like everyone else, is there a chance that at least 1 map will be released for Ark Ascendant? I know the work of creating maps is not easy, but I'm tired of waiting. You don't provide any information about what you are doing and what stage of map creation you are at. Please give me some information. about your activities. We all want Ark to be as beautiful and prosperous as possible. Please provide more information about the maps and new creatures that will appear on them.

The maps were created years ago 

Was Interessiert mich die blöden Mods? Was habt Ihr immer damit gibt es auch etwas anderes von euch? Erzählt mal lieber was mit den karten sind, The Center oder Scorched Earth wann kommen die endlich mal online? Wen des so weiter geht wird das, dass Spiel des Jahres im Versagen. Nur noch leere Versprechungen und immer die dumme rederei von den Mods des nervt solangsam

• Like 1

Come on man give us some news. If you’re behind (which we know you are) just say so. Like just give us some actual news of stuff going on at Wildcard. Like mods are cool and all and the fact that y’all made the mods cross-platform is awesome but mods should not be the main highlight. Basically every week all we hear is that the community is doing a better job than y’all and y’all don’t seem to care. 

Remember that time y’all said that every week y’all would give updates on new content for Ark: SA and Ark 2 and then you did like 4 weeks of only very limited Ark: SA news. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1