Community Crunch 398: An Update on The Center, Oasisaur Dossier, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, Legion85 said:

How blind are you? So you buy a Game, ASA, which was clear to be just a Remake and now you complain?

Omg cant believe how dumn people Are nowadays 

Although I do agree people were kind of dumb to buy ASA for it was just a remake you can't blame them for looking forward to an IMPROVED version as the promise of "fresh" code would implie the old bugs should not be carried over. In no way WC ever tried to temper expectations on that part.
WC did however "promissed" more content. Clearly bugs are content to WC.

1 hour ago, DominicBastion said:

They also seem to have forgotten that during the making of Survival Evolved it could take up to a year for a new DLC. And on top of that we all highly anticipated the Center, so what if they take a couple more weeks to improve their work. Just be happy they're revamping the game at all.

Yeah, back in the days when it was all new...
Simple copy/paste and a bit of polish should not take that long.
Even if we have to look at it as if it was all new, it still was WC that promised the DLC to be completed in a way higher pace as they are doing now. The only thing they did make more and bigger are the delays!

And no, "just" revamping the game is not enough to make people happy. The old game ran way more stable and had way more content. No one ever "revamped" a game this poor for such a loyal fanbase.

Edited by MMaas
  • Like 2

"We’ve made the decision to postpone the Center as it wasn’t on track to launch with the level of quality we require."

This statement scares me. Considering how The Island came out, I don't even want to imagine what state The Center's development must be in for them to have decided not to release it because it doesn't reach the level of quality that, considering previous releases, is already very low. Probably a flat surface with two trees or something 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, MissAscended said:

Stop yelling at a small team of people with limited resources and funds. Jeez. You knew what you were signing up for a second time round 🙄

I highly doubt a single screecher knows a thing about designing a game and/or map.

With that said:

[Quote]Most unbelievably, the wellspring of an Oasisaur can reincarnate your lost animal friends! Whether by transcendental magic or access to the mysterious technologies of these ARKs, I’ve seen a fallen pet returned to newborn life by committing their essence to that rejuvenating pool.[/quote]

Ahhh. Please, pleaaaaase don't give it a daft taming method. I beg of u 🙏

The amount of crying over an INCOMPLETE EARLY ACCESS game is insane.

Like what the crap are they supposed to do to make money to work on ASA? Not even that. What are they supposed to do to continue making money to pay the staf? To pay staff insurance? To pay for staff supplies?

ASE was only going to be able to make so much money for so long before it couldn't turn a buck anymore. 

And I'm sorry, you can't run a company purely on loans. Eventually you'll have to pay that back with interest. 

WC should drop out of snail and find a better business partner.

15 hours ago, AlucardCrimson said:

Oh look at that, postponing the center but still giving us a dino that we don't care about instead of the map that we actually give a crap about. Or hey, maybe you know. Actually fixing all the issues currently in the game instead! Not adding more mods that will continue to break the game, or premium mods that we don't care about so you can just make more money off your players instead of actually caring about us and what we actually want and FIX THIS BROKEN GAME ALREADY!!!

3 hours ago, arkark said:

"We’ve made the decision to postpone the Center as it wasn’t on track to launch with the level of quality we require."

This statement scares me. Considering how The Island came out, I don't even want to imagine what state The Center's development must be in for them to have decided not to release it because it doesn't reach the level of quality that, considering previous releases, is already very low. Probably a flat surface with two trees or something 🙂

This is exactly what I thought as well. As if the Island came out polished and in great shape after it's 20 delays.

• Thanks 2

I've reported the pillaring. They do nothing. The game is full of bugs. They do NOTHING. While they do absolutely nothing about the problems they have, they work on the center, and that's not coming out. So we get absolutely nothing for buying a game. AGAIN. Wild card  Is there anything yall are doing?
Maybe FIX THE GAME. more maps and love bugs shouldn't not even be on your radar when the game has so many problems. I can't even pick a fish up to give it to an otter and the entire map is pillared off on officials but you're trying to put a new map out with all the same problems this map has. Come on we need to use a bit of common sense. Just stop all the extras and make the island work. Then move on to the next thing. 

12 hours ago, Legion85 said:

How blind are you? So you buy a Game, ASA, which was clear to be just a Remake and now you complain?

Omg cant believe how dumn people Are nowadays 

Bro you're the dumbass,  

A Remake you do to make a much beter game, not a 100 times more horrible product.

They promised all kinds of cool poop, a full recoded game.

Remade island, unpolish as it can be floating foiliage, Stones, some intern trainee went ape nuts on the peble brush, go look in the snow how rediculous it looks. Mesh holes everywhere.

(Center is not up to their quality standards, it seems they smoking pebbles aswell ) look at your island map.

The game grapical wise runs like ass it has 300+ seriously player affecting bugs.

Duping, meshing, exploiting since day one.

They need their partners to make center the had months time to make it and now need months more, so wild card can work on scorched?? 

Scorched is 90 precent desert, and a bunch of stones. I can indie Remake scorched in a week. They are with a full blown studio.

Edited by MorgensterTM
  • Thanks 1

So, let me get this straight. You gave us all a clearly defined roadmap for future content releases to keep us contented with the current state of your "game". Then, you reneged on the previous roadmap and swapped the maps that were releasing and the creatures that were releasing with the first map in order to appease players that wanted something akin to the Maewing while delaying the first map once you realized that you would not be able to actually adhere to said roadmap.

Now, you're telling us just days before the Center was supposed to release according to your new roadmap that it is not, in fact, releasing on schedule, and in an attempt to soften the blow from the news that the Center was being indefinitely postponed, you're releasing the creature that was swapped in (Gigantoraptor) on a map that most of us are already tired of. You guys should have realized that players would not be happy with this. There is no way to properly sugarcoat this; you guys messed up. Horribly so, in fact.

Furthermore, you also revealed that a creature that we have to pay for that was already fairly overpowered to begin with is going to be even more overpowered. The optics are not looking too good for you, Wildcard. Sure, some people are going to buy into this scam, but they are only going to do so because they are now being forced to in order to even the odds against the mega tribes that will have already bought into the scam and will now have an even more distinct advantage over them...

My expectations were already abysmal. How did you manage to lower those expectations even further?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Edited by N7_Sinner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

So ive got to get this out there please please please listen to your fan base , ive been playing since ase and i love this game but lately this just feels like a huge cash grab. You have an amazing game that honestly if handled properly would make you rich but time after time we are let down. We have a tribe on official of 5 members and we have hit a point where no one gets on anymore.  We played for DAYS straight when this came out and now im luckily if they get on at all. Please fix this game and give us what YOU have promised. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:28 PM, Voxin said:

It's like a comedy skit at this point 

Has been since they announced A.S.A. last year on April 1st. 😉

Notice how they're continuing the trend by saying they'll release S.E. A.S.A. on April 1st of this year. Now, I know that the Chinese don't exactly celebrate April Fools Day like Westerners do, but a large portion of their customers do so you'd think that any half-brained company would be aware of this and be cautious of it. 😂

Unless...this is all part of their genius plot to turn Ark into a Comedy instead of a Sci-Fi Survival Drama. 🤔

That would certainly explain the Steam-Boat Willie costume. 🤔

Edited by FlorianWind9
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/24/2024 at 8:19 AM, DominicBastion said:

Just be happy they're revamping the game at all.

The problem is that they aren't revamping the game. They're just adding extra icing onto the old game while at the same time making it worse and worse with every update.

How is one supposed to be happy when a candy company ceases production of their original much-beloved flavor, only to show-case and essentially force a new flavor onto the consumer which looks prettier but tastes so much worse?

That's like a chocolate bar company ceasing production of their original addictive product, only to replace it with a hard bar of tar covered in golden icing. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 2:17 AM, MorgensterTM said:

Bro you're the dumbass,  

A Remake you do to make a much beter game, not a 100 times more horrible product.

They promised all kinds of cool poop, a full recoded game.

Remade island, unpolish as it can be floating foiliage, Stones, some intern trainee went ape nuts on the peble brush, go look in the snow how rediculous it looks. Mesh holes everywhere.

(Center is not up to their quality standards, it seems they smoking pebbles aswell ) look at your island map.

The game grapical wise runs like ass it has 300+ seriously player affecting bugs.

Duping, meshing, exploiting since day one.

They need their partners to make center the had months time to make it and now need months more, so wild card can work on scorched?? 

Scorched is 90 precent desert, and a bunch of stones. I can indie Remake scorched in a week. They are with a full blown studio.

Wow Bro i think you should Start as a Programmer at wildcard. I think with your help the Game will be polished in a week and we have 3 maps 

• Facepalm 1

We seriously need more maps. Most players have already been through this entire process with Survival Evolved. Many players don't want to play on The Island again or play on The Island in general. Having only one map also makes it more difficult to tame and gather resources with the competition and as a result, it's discouraging. 

There are so many people selling dinos/items for resources and also RMT. I don't see the point in this since, eventually, the servers will once again be abundant in resources and maxxed out stats. At that point, people would just be giving stuff away. (Maybe it's hype and FOMO... and that's not sustainable) Combine that with the fact that limiting boosted rate events only exists for player retention and i'm having difficulty making sense of all this.

I'm not saying that WC is doing a bad job. The quality is there. But why are we playing the same game again? Why are the rates so low when people are constantly complaining about them? Why are serious issues like bosses being invisible, duping, and server instability not being addressed? I personally don't care about the new dinosaur release because I know the entire server will be swarming to get those eggs. It will also be 1x. I'm not looking forward to playing the game right now. Once again, this is reminding me of Diablo 4 and their tone deaf approach.

Of course it's impossible to cater to everyone but WC has less of a playerbase to deal with than a game like Diablo. The way rates and breeding are currently set up are objectively not healthy for people. You shouldn't have to interrupt your work/life/sleep only to prevent suffering losses. I decided to play on official for ASA because I figured I would commit to it long-term. It's very difficult though, with work, sleep, exercise, and study, as well as other hobbies. I can only imagine what those with families have to sacrifice to play.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2024 at 9:35 PM, Allelujah said:

I can't even pick a fish up to give it to an otter 

Can't help with the other problems we are all putting up with but this one I can - use a primitive spear, it auto puts the fish into ur hand so u can tame otters once again. Don't mistime the feed tho, if u do it will drop and there's no picking it up again.