Community Crunch 392: Development Update, Cross-Platform Mod Spotlight, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Hey survivors! We're here with a quick update on some of the top priorities keeping us busy in the trenches throughout early 2024.  As always, a smooth and enjoyable ARK experience is our main goal, and we're laser-focused on tackling three key areas:

1. Server Performance: We hear you loud and clear on server performance. We're relentlessly optimizing the server infrastructure to ensure silky-smooth gameplay. Expect continued improvements throughout January, and know that we're constantly monitoring and tweaking to make the Official Network stable.

2. Exploits and Hacks: No one enjoys being disrupted by unfair play. We're actively battling exploits and hacks with a vengeance, deploying new detection and prevention measures at a frequent and regular cadence. We'll keep you posted on our progress, and remember, report any violations to the Code of Conduct to our enforcement team here. Your reports are invaluable in keeping ARK a fair and enjoyable experience for all.

3. Network Movement: Improving network movement for both characters and dinos is a top priority. Expect continued improvement throughout the month of January and going forward. 

server_transfer_system.png

Full server transfers on official servers across all platforms will be enabled on the 24th January. Once enabled, players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction.

We will also launch some fresh non-transfer Official PvP servers at this time and we’ll share more info on those prior. 

Titlesubheadings_SOTFDevKit.png

We're thrilled to announce that a SOTF dev kit update will be released by mid next week. Craft custom arenas, create devious new battle-royale style game modes, and sculpt the ultimate battlegrounds where your fellow ARK survivors will fight to see who will be the ultimate survivor!  Gather your coding cohorts, fire up your imaginations and show the community what you can do!

Titlesubheadings_DevKitUpdate.png

By the end of this month, we're unleashing a colossal-sized dev kit update that'll put the power of unbridled game creation directly in your hands. Imagine it: crafting not just ARK mods, but entire custom Unreal Engine games to be made available inside ASA.

Want to build a Mario-esque rampage through Crystal Isles? Go for it! Dream of a PvP arena where Tek Rexes joust against Spinos? Buckle up. This dev kit update will come with a completely playable Mario-inspired platformer example to help show you the ropes, but your imagination is the true architect. Design custom main menus, host and browse your own multiplayer game sessions from within the mod, and even create a mod that progresses (seamless travel) from one level to the next  – the sandbox is officially yours to play in. Get ready to unleash your inner game dev, push the limits of ARK's potential, and build experiences that will leave the community speechless. We can't wait to see what you cook up!

Titlesubheadings_TheCenter_Gigantoraptor.png

ASA_Dossier_Gigantoraptor_Wallpaper_2560x1440.jpg

Mark your calendars for the end of February! The Center and Gigantoraptor make a grand debut!  The Center is a sprawling, diverse map that will redefine your ARK experience. Lush jungles teem with hidden secrets, treacherous ice peaks pierce the sky, and crystalline caverns beckon with untold treasures.

Towering above the horizon comes the Gigantoraptor, a feathered behemoth unlike anything ever seen.  Whether you choose to tame this gentle giant or respect its territorial might, the Gigantoraptor's arrival will forever alter the delicate balance of power on The Center.

Titlesubheadings_SE_AdventurePack.png

ExtraLife2023_ASA_Scorched_AdventurePack_01.png

The searing sands of Scorched Earth will arrive on April 1st, bringing along a taste of sun-baked survival unlike any you've known. Brace yourselves for an unforgiving desert where every oasis is a hard-won prize and every sandstorm a test of your grit. Don your rugged frontier leather chaps, customize your base with western-themed structures, and tame the ultimate desert steed: the Fasolasuchus.

But hold on, pardners’ 🤠, that's not all! April 1st also sees the debut of the Frontier Adventure Pack, a DLC treasure trove of desert-themed goodies that'll make you the envy of any wasteland wanderer.  And did we mention trains!? Build train tracks that crisscross the scorching landscape, choo-choo your way past sandworms, and create your own Wild West-style dino raids.

Titlesubheadings_LoveEvolved_EggcellentAdventure.png

Strap yourselves in, because Winter Wonderland was just the first snowflake in a blizzard of freshly-designed ARK events coming your way in 2024!  Whether it's Love Evolved or Eggcellent Adventures, we’re planning plenty of new event content!

Titlesubheadings_ASAJapan.png

ARK Survival Ascended will be going live on PlayStation in Japan later in January!  We’ll follow up with the details in a future Community Crunch.

That’s about it for the time being. Keep your feedback, bug reports, player reports and suggestions coming; they’re invaluable to us!

ASA_ModSpotlight.png

Download & play new custom content created by players, including new maps, creatures, items, and game modes, through a dedicated new Mod-bowser directly within the game. Enjoy an endless stream of new ARK content as the creativity and talent of the community is fully unleashed for the first time across gaming platforms and stay tuned as we spotlight more Cross-Platform Mods each week!

This video features:

EL_glowalotl.png

Extralife_Community_Critter_2023.jpg

Download in full resolution

During Extra Life 2023, we hosted a draw along with Clayton and Svala, where chat votes determined the prompts. Clayton's final drawing had to be a unique creature, blending an axolotl head, unicorn horn, ringed-lemur tail, armadillo body, bat wings, T-rex limbs, bioluminescence, and a habitat on Aberration. This collaboration showcased the incredible power of collective creativity in our community. Enjoy Clayton's final product!

bonus_rates_official.png

ASA_Social_Post_BonusRates_1920x1920_jan12-16.png

This weekend, the Official Network will be receiving bonus rates! It will be active until Tuesday, January 16th.

• PVP/PVE: 1.5x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 1.5x Breeding
  • Small Tribes: 4x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 3.5x Breeding
  • ARKpocalypse: 4.5x Harvesting, Taming and Experience + 4.5x Breeding

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

Help us discover your talent by tagging your art with #ARKPhotoMode or #ARKFanart on social media!

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: MrMEOLA

MrMEOLA goes on an adventure to find a new base location... and nothing goes according to plan!

Creator: Etholdir

Watch these mountain ruins come back to life in the deft hands of Etholdir!

fanartblue.png

Raptor Claus by @Isopod22

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@Isopod22_

Merry Christmas everyone by @TekARK_01

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@TekARK_01

glorp. by @ewo_zaur

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@ewo_zaur_

Are wyverns included in dragons? by @k3zk_627

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@k3zk_627_

This year is the year of the dragon! by @feru00

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@feru00_19

LEGO therizinosaurus by heynoquest

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_heynoquest

Happy New Year by amitaya82

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_amitaya82_

ARK_photomode.png

Spreading holiday cheer. by @MamaMullet88

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@MamaMulle

Happy Holidays from Infinite Wrld Order! by @II_Outaker_II

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@II_Outake

Soooo... I've been busy...  by @ArxmisGames

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@ArxmisGam

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" by @KurushiG

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@KurushiG_

𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 by @Muni_ark

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_392_@Muni_ark_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Wait, I thought we voted for the Shastasaurus not the Gigantoraptor to be on The Center???  What's the point of us voting on it if your just gonna change it & none of them are safe?

They have to change it and prioritize the gigantoraptor because people are spoiled and can't live without maewings 😂😂😂 and that was one of the points of them "choosing" it, they were preparing for that to happen, since maewings only come in gen2 (which is like 57357 episodes away).

They could put both tho, since shasta is perfect for center and was elected because of that. I don't see them putting shasta in another map, since center is the map with more water, besides gen1 with the ocean biome. So putting both would be the smart move. Instead of rushing to put Center and SE in like two months apart. That's not even enough time to enjoy center properly.

They are shooting their foot again, since the more the episodes are apart from each other, the more people will be playing it, like it's been for years. If they deliver everything in a year and a half, they will have to rush with Ark 2, which it's not a priority because of all the work on every episode they still have to put (unless they put different dev teams, but then they would lose the intelligence they are acquiring on ark 1.5, which was the main point of launching it anyway... well, that and the money).

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

The amount of hate and disappointment in the comments just keeps growing every community crunch and wildcard just utterly neglects the community and walks around with blinders on. ASA has so much potential and is incredible but doesn't get the love it deserves. To those that say the devs are overworked as an excuse, then hire more employees to help where things are falling apart. This isn't an indie game that sales for $2 its a multi million dollar project they can afford a few hundred thousand more dollars for a handful of people to come in. I'm not hating on the devs work I'm hating on the higher ups capabilities of acknowledging when a problem is indeed a problem

(Ark is my favorite game and will defend it at the end of the day. I'm just tired be fully expecting to be let down all the time)

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, mikedxb said:

Not one word about the console save problem? Not even a mention to let us know you know the problem even exists. As I've been unable to play to my single player for 2 weeks now. I need a fricken refund because this game is not playable. F your f'ing Crunch.

All you have to do to save is click exit to main menu wait till you're at the menu then close the game, it will save every time.

1 hour ago, Alysson said:

They have to change it and prioritize the gigantoraptor because people are spoiled and can't live without maewings 😂😂😂 and that was one of the points of them "choosing" it, they were preparing for that to happen, since maewings only come in gen2 (which is like 57357 episodes away).

They could put both tho, since shasta is perfect for center and was elected because of that. I don't see them putting shasta in another map, since center is the map with more water, besides gen1 with the ocean biome. So putting both would be the smart move. Instead of rushing to put Center and SE in like two months apart. That's not even enough time to enjoy center properly.

They are shooting their foot again, since the more the episodes are apart from each other, the more people will be playing it, like it's been for years. If they deliver everything in a year and a half, they will have to rush with Ark 2, which it's not a priority because of all the work on every episode they still have to put (unless they put different dev teams, but then they would lose the intelligence they are acquiring on ark 1.5, which was the main point of launching it anyway... well, that and the money).

I get not wanting to rasie baby dinos without maewings & that's from someone who plays solo. But It's still bull, if they can change this one they can change the rest, and tha doesn't exactly make me wanna vote on anymore from here on out. If not having maewings or something like them was such a problem they could've released Ragnarok before The Center, then they wouldn't have needed to change anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Voxin said:

The amount of hate and disappointment in the comments just keeps growing every community crunch and wildcard just utterly neglects the community and walks around with blinders on. ASA has so much potential and is incredible but doesn't get the love it deserves. To those that say the devs are overworked as an excuse, then hire more employees to help where things are falling apart. This isn't an indie game that sales for $2 its a multi million dollar project they can afford a few hundred thousand more dollars for a handful of people to come in. I'm not hating on the devs work I'm hating on the higher ups capabilities of acknowledging when a problem is indeed a problem

(Ark is my favorite game and will defend it at the end of the day. I'm just tired be fully expecting to be let down all the time)

asa has so much potential but they dont act in he way i want them to waaaaaaaaa

• Facepalm 2