Community Crunch 388: Mods Spotlight, Extra Life and Turkey Trial news and more!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Samantha0731 said:

The mess up thing is PlayStation's not even gonna get the extra life event because of these failures but they I hope they feel better about themselves. For you guys to hold a game from us is ridiculous.

The fact people like you don’t get the fact it isn’t PlayStation that’s the problem it’s wildcard if it was PlayStation why was there also issues with Xbox release the mod line is old there are plenty of games that have mods and never have these issues stop being a simp

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

Happy Holidays to the @StudioWildcardTeam. And special thx to the holiday skeleton team

Mods im Scheinwerferlicht, Neuigkeiten zu Extra Life und Turkey Trial und mehr! - ARK2 & ASA News

Das sind mal lange News

Edited by MJAInc

Wie die Leute sich wieder einscheißen weils auf Anfang Dezember verschoben worden ist, Sony wird seine Gründe haben, bekommt ihr ein Spiel was mies buggt etc heißt es hättet ihr es mal später released ohne probleme, heißt es, es wird verschoben heulen Sie auch alle rum.

Glaube viele wissen garnicht wieviel Zeit und knowledge hinter so eine Spiel Entwicklung steckt.. immer verlangen aber selbst kein Wissen haben.. 

Wir warten auch weiterhin aufdem Release und sind trotzdem hyped auch wenn es sich wieder verschoben hat, letztendlich wird es sich lohnen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheRalle said:

Wie die Leute sich wieder einscheißen, weils auf Anfang Dezember verschoben worden ist, Sony wird seine Gründe haben, bekommt ihr ein Spiel was mies buggt etc heißt es hättet ihr es mal später veröffentlicht ohne Probleme, heißt es, es wird verschoben heulen Sie auch alle rum .

Glaube viele wissen garnicht wieviel Zeit und wissen hinter so ein Spiel Entwicklung steckt.. immer verlangen aber selbst kein Wissen haben.. 

Wir warten auch weiterhin aufdem Release und sind trotzdem gehypt, auch wenn es sich wieder verschoben hat, letztlich wird es sich lohnen.

Natürlich warten wir alle,es ist nur, das wir gerne auch dazu gehören würden, Hilfestellung zu leisten um das Spiel zu verbessern,an Event teilnehmen zu dürfen ,die getestet werden, Fehler zu melden, damit sie berichtigt werden und nicht immer alles per Video von YouTube sehen zu müssen.Es sollte ja eine starke Gemeinschaft werden und nicht wie es jetzt ist.

3 hours ago, OrpPVPenjoyer said:

How about some orp pvp servers? still havent been able to play the game i paid for, because no servers.

Hi, me and my friends waiting for pvp too. But we are ps5 😀 

I have worries that you did not pay enough, which BTW seems to be snails strategy.

Pvp might be available https://server.nitrado.net/en-US/offers/ark-survival-ascended?ram=1024

Which makes us sad 😔 

53 minutes ago, krupi said:

They really spend time on introducing more poops into this game instead making it playable? Very smart....

WC sold 600k+ copies of ASA on Steam alone. Would assume the console number will be similar.

The reality is they have no incentive to change how they are doing things. This is why I wanted an Ark competitor - without one they can essentially do whatever they want and still make tons of money. 

• Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, Rocker323 said:

WC sold 600k+ copies of ASA on Steam alone. Would assume the console number will be similar.

That was in the initial hype but they did not say how many people refunded. On consoles refunds are far more dificult so expect people to be a bit more carefull with buying, certainly with all we have seen sofar concerning the Xbox launch.

• Like 1

Now let's straight; I'm ranking the Crunch, not poor Wildcard. This is basically just a list of all the mods so far (clever way to give the Crunch some substantial size lol). An announcement about Turkey Trial and Evo and all that.

I dunno. This Crunch is pretty large, but there are still problems with Xbox it seems. However, I can't really expect Wildcard to address such problems in a Crunch. Hopefully they're working on them at the moment. Final Crunch Rank... 6/10

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

The reality is they have no incentive to change how they are doing things. This is why I wanted an Ark competitor - without one they can essentially do whatever they want and still make tons of money. 

According to the "Video Game Insights" website they have even sold a total of about 973K copies of the game now through Steam. Giving them a 32.3M in Gross-Revenue. Which gives them 22.61M in profits (before figuring out the yearly taxes so it'll probably be a little less). 

https://vginsights.com/game/2399830

Still a bit of a distance from the A.S.E. total of about 16.4M units sold with 408.7M in Gross-Revenue, but that was over 8 years. 

I don't know where to go to find figures on Xbox or PS sales or to find out about the amount refunded. Does anyone know? Cause I'd be interested in seeing those statistics to. Especially the amount refunded.

It makes me very disappointed and saddened to see as like you said this gives them no incentive to actually make a good game. They know that they can just put out any janky garbage that they've put the minimal amount of effort and heart into and it'll sell just fine because it has the Ark logo on it. 

What's even more dishearteningly telling, I think, is the average active player count. Since A.S.A. was released the average daily players for it was about 4 times that of A.S.E. during its initial launch around the hype of something "new". However, since then the average player count for A.S.E. has actually increased by about twice as much while the average player count for A.S.A. has decreased to become about equal with that of A.S.E. What this tells me is that a large number of people who bought A.S.A. has since discovered that it isn't worth their time while at the same time it has reminded them about A.S.E. and they've actually decided that A.S.E. is better. (Something that they could have known without actually buying the game.) So now people have given them millions of dollars and boughten thousands of copies of the game for nothing as even many of those who've bought the game don't actually like it but are either too lazy to refund or have missed the window. 

This is what most video game companies are betting on these days it seems like. That thousands of people will buy their game "just to have it" but never play it so they get the money regardless of how good it is. If 900K people buy the game to have it collect dust on their digital shelves, but 1K buy it to actually play, then why should they care about the outcry from the 1K?

Also I don't mean to be nit-picky or put anyone down because this CC was actually fairly decent when compared to the usual, but I just found this little detail to be too humorous not to share. :P

1938804826_ASAHasMarioContent.png.21ba61d74026c0fe63dfa29b5c4dab65.png

• Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Nanuqsaurus14 said:

Me as a playstation user, before I go to sleep at night think, "Why does everything involving Playstation get delayed?" Then go to sleep and wake up the next morning oblivious. I really want to play asa but maybe their saving the best for last???? I know I'm being an overthinking optimist but... anything is possible?

I see your optimism and raise you with....PS5 ASE next gen patch! 

As the aroma of Thanksgiving feasts fills the air

Unless you're a PS customer and all you can smell is the BS for month now. Thanksfornothing event is still on.

But seriously, how are you amateur clowns still unable to commit to a specific release date a month after it's supposed to have come out? What are you doing? Are you turning up at Sony and Roshambo once every two weeks to see if you can release it?

• Thanks 3

Sou brasileiro, adoraria jogar o jogo com 20/30 de ping, porém em servidores oficiais só consigo jogar com 330+ de ping, coisa impossível de jogar, uma coisa dessa deveria ser resolvida logo nos primeiros dias de lançamento do jogo. 

/

I'm Brazilian, I would love to play the game with ping 20/30, but on official servers I can only play with ping 330+, something impossible to play, something that must be resolved in the first few days of launch