Nitrado is so expensive now that is has monopolized ASA

DeweyDogTV

Why is nitrado 30+ dollars a month for a game server. It used to be 15 before it monopolized the game servers. I cant pay 30$ for a server so now instead of getting a lower amount of money you are getting non. Its for business but it really makes nitrado unenjoyable and also stops a lot of people from enjoying the experience of ark without having to worry about 24/7 sweats on official servers. You should really make it 15$ again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DeweyDogTV said:

Why is nitrado 30+ dollars a month for a game server. It used to be 15 before it monopolized the game servers. I cant pay 30$ for a server so now instead of getting a lower amount of money you are getting non. Its for business but it really makes nitrado unenjoyable and also stops a lot of people from enjoying the experience of ark without having to worry about 24/7 sweats on official servers. You should really make it 15$ again. 

Vote with your dollars, play a game that doesn't use Nitrado, that takes away money from both WC and Nitrado.

• Like 4

• Volunteer Moderator

Wow, the price of renting a server literally doubled for ASA. I was running my own as the price was reasonable (was running 3 servers, again as the price was reasonable). This is not. 

If you had rented a server at these prices for the last 8 years of ASE you would have paid $3,099. And that's for a single server (one map) Not a chance in hell.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

This is just sad.  We've been hosting a server group for years now.  Been through many companies.  Nitrado was by far one of the worst to work with.  We finally found an amazing one a couple years back and have had a 7 map cluster up the entire time, as well as other games.  If they don't allow other server providers a large number of us may stop playing.  

maybe if enough people say something, they hopefully will do something. Low chances but what other chance. At this point, if you want to play a private server with multiple maps with friends, it might be better to spend 1000$ on computer to run the servers by yourself for you and your friends, and then you would have all the maps and stuff and it wouldnt be monthly. Since we are allowed to host our own servers, this could be the best way. If you used nitrado, paying 30$ a month for all the maps, you would be paying over 360$ a month. In 3 months, the 1000$ computer would have already been payed off and you would be saving money after that point. I went a little of topic here but i feel like nitrado is not the best way to host a server now and i know lots of people agree 

1 hour ago, Nashiq said:

This is just sad.  We've been hosting a server group for years now.  Been through many companies.  Nitrado was by far one of the worst to work with.  We finally found an amazing one a couple years back and have had a 7 map cluster up the entire time, as well as other games.  If they don't allow other server providers a large number of us may stop playing.  

Stick with what you have - a working ASE cluster for your own pleasure! 

5 minutes ago, DeweyDogTV said:

maybe if enough people say something, they hopefully will do something. Low chances but what other chance. At this point, if you want to play a private server with multiple maps with friends, it might be better to spend 1000$ on computer to run the servers by yourself for you and your friends, and then you would have all the maps and stuff and it wouldnt be monthly. Since we are allowed to host our own servers, this could be the best way. If you used nitrado, paying 30$ a month for all the maps, you would be paying over 360$ a month. In 3 months, the 1000$ computer would have already been payed off and you would be saving money after that point. I went a little of topic here but i feel like nitrado is not the best way to host a server now and i know lots of people agree 

If you look in the other thread (

)  Even buying a NASA computer may not avail you - there might be issues running multiple copies of the game on one public IP address, and there ARE issues running multiple copies of the game on one machine!

Edited by DirkInSA

steam doesn't allow you to run programs on multiple computers with the same log in... so the host needs to make another steam account and buy the game a second time on that steam account.. not sure if steamcmd has this same restriction but i have never actually used my login with steam cmd and i am not about to go buy this game to figure it out.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DeweyDogTV said:

That's the thing, you CANNOT run your own server cluster with these rules for ASA.

10 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

That's the thing, you CANNOT run your own server cluster with these rules for ASA.

This is the reason I hate this position they've put themselves in. Many of us would be fine going this route, but then that wouldn't make them money, now would it?

Edited by TEM187

6 hours ago, DeweyDogTV said:

maybe if enough people say something, they hopefully will do something.

Unfortunately that isn't true. WC & Snail only care about one thing, $$$. The only way to make them listen is to refuse to buy the game, vote with your dollars by playing a game from another company. This is the only thing that will may WC/Snail pay attention. If you give them your money for ASA there is no reason for them to care how many people "say something", talk is cheap.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Unfortunately that isn't true. WC & Snail only care about one thing, $$$. The only way to make them listen is to refuse to buy the game, vote with your dollars by playing a game from another company. This is the only thing that will may WC/Snail pay attention. If you give them your money for ASA there is no reason for them to care how many people "say something", talk is cheap.

They literally blew all the money they were going to use to develop Ark 2 on an electric car company which just went bankrupt, so instead of Unreal Engine 5 being a free upgrade, they decided to nail everyone for $40 instead even though we've bought the original game and every DLC since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pizzalicious said:

Not buying until this changes

finally someone with a backbone. All those "mAyBe iF enOugH peEoPle WilL saY somEThinG thEY chANgE iT" and people signing petitions are just laughable. The only way to influence companies as a consumer is by voting with your wallet, which a lot of smoothbrains dont do. i refunded after the nitrado exclusive info came out

Edited by Shiroikage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiroikage said:

finally someone with a backbone. All those "mAyBe iF enOugH peEoPle WilL saY somEThinG thEY chANgE iT" and people signing petitions are just laughable. The only way to influence companies as a consumer is by voting with your wallet, which a lot of smoothbrains dont do. i refunded after the nitrado exclusive info came out

refunded as well.  I used nitrado in the past and they were the absolute worst server host company i've worked with.  we've been with 4-5 different companies over an 8 year span and they're the only one i'd really say no way in hell to. 

On 10/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, DeweyDogTV said:

Well if you bothered to read b4 you buy you would know that Snail Games (aka Ark Ascended) is in SEVERE! debt to Nitrado.... talking millions upon millions in debt to Nitrado.

How did you think Nitrado was going to get their money back????  I swear the internet should require an IQ test.

Edited by DemonicRuins

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

image.png

Since NItrado claims the increased server rental cost is due to increased RAM usage from ASE. 

I expect to see the cost of severs to go down. Or we'll know what's really going on. 

I expect the price to go up to make up for the lack of customers.  I don't see them getting half the business they got with evolved at these prices.