Community Crunch 382: Official Server Saves and Community Corner

StudioWildcard

14 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

No cryos at launch = no buy.

You’ve done nothing but spit on solo players for the entire length of the game. Never considered when you release new Dino’s. Never could even give us a solo server….

Best game I’ve ever played run by the most clueless people I’ve ever encountered.

Right, because allowing tames to go beyond the 255 stat limit and keeping the breeding bug untouched is TOTALLY not fair for people playing on their own... (Sarcasm)

• Thanks 1

This type of reluctance to show any snippet of the game at all reminds me of when  certain games enforce a review embargo before the game is actually out in order to hide all its faults from the consumers. It's never a good sign.

Ah well, we'll know for sure soon enough I suppose. Back to the shadows for another week to hope for any shred of real info in next weeks CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cricricri said:

Exactly!!! I hope next week they’ll release the trailer/game-play

You know that sounds sensible. release the trailer next week, release the game on the 27th, dish out some additional info on the 20th, hype of the launch with whatever else they want to add with the weekly crunch on the 27th.

I doubt it will roll out that way. but one can dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Stevendillon said:

Keep hold off you money till you see a good preview or game play or it could just be a pink elephant your buying

Wich is always a good advice.
Not changing my idea not buying untill all is released and reviewed well. If the publisher is still alive by then ofcourse.

Unless of course ASA is included in my new EV.
Oh... Wait... That went already belly up.

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 7:10 PM, Hakisak said:

come'on! Could you have put in a little effort to talk about ASA? why not throw in some short stories from the dev's? talk about difficulties in development, dlss/fsr implementation, remodeling processes, lighting.

You could show us a picture of a poop in ue5 and it would fully satisfy everyone until the next week's crunch.

:(

On 10/6/2023 at 7:21 PM, gippy said:

What this guy said. Just a poop!!!

Give us the crap crunch! The poo-poo preview, the feces forecast... Just something new!

On 10/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, Thalana said:

A dated looking ASE Spino screenshot and the shortest crunch paragraph of all time. For real though, why is ASA hype viewed as a bad thing? The reluctance to post even one screenshot of a beach shore, single creature, honestly, anything, signals a red flag. Maybe it's a weird NDA or to be cute and just drive us crazy before a big reveal but I'd still prefer if the build up was just a little less sketchy. Sincerely, an Ark fan who just wants clarity and genuine excitement.

I don’t know why ASA content is being so quiet. but it isn’t as bad as other dinosaur survival games like the Isle. Which had went silent for years at one point. Same with newer games that have had new trailers last year. But they have been silent for a while now. It kinda feels like it’s a dinosaur game thing. This is probably one of the very few crunches that irritated me. But I am going to make the good out of it better than the bad.

6 hours ago, Beirute said:

Come on! Nothing about ASA? Who wants those things, WC?

Well, actually, I think a lot of people were wanting to know as much about how to get the old servers as unofficial servers now that official servers are closed.

But I get your point. This is probably the first time I’ve been a bit irritated about not getting anything from Ark out of all of this. But I am just going to assume we’ll be getting something next week or week after by see a dinosaur or maybe a shot of one of the caves or something. I just was hoping for something this week. But hey ho, you don’t always get what you want from these crunches.

Edited by OverRannus

On 10/7/2023 at 6:47 PM, TyranntX said:

Right, because allowing tames to go beyond the 255 stat limit and keeping the breeding bug untouched is TOTALLY not fair for people playing on their own... (Sarcasm)

No one asked or cares what the pve crowd has to say on the matter. You aren’t even playing Ark you are playing Minecraft.

Be gone now. Go turn on your 20x booster pve server with infinite weight.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OverRannus said:

I don’t know why ASA content is being so quiet. but it isn’t as bad as other dinosaur survival games like the Isle. Which had went silent for years at one point. Same with newer games that have had new trailers last year. But they have been silent for a while now. It kinda feels like it’s a dinosaur game thing. This is probably one of the very few crunches that irritated me. But I am going to make the good out of it better than the bad.

To compare this game to the Isle is foolish and irresponsible. I’d guess that Ark has more than 100x the userbase….

• Confused 1

On 10/7/2023 at 11:52 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

This type of reluctance to show any snippet of the game at all reminds me of when  certain games enforce a review embargo before the game is actually out in order to hide all its faults from the consumers. It's never a good sign.

Ah well, we'll know for sure soon enough I suppose. Back to the shadows for another week to hope for any shred of real info in next weeks CC.

I think they're going for the 'shock and awe' styled release like Atlas. As such, I wouldn't really except any preview or trailer to drop till the day of release or day before it. 

I'd be interested to know if it has passed Sony's certification as at least that's likely to indicate a certain level of stability and performance. Not always the case obviously, e.g. Cyberpunk, but they might have learned to avoid the worst. If it's stable enough, I'm not as worried about the rest like bugs etc as I think everyone should expect some eyewatering ones to pop up...wouldn't have labelled it early access just for lack of content. It's for the bugs and missing features.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

No one asked or cares what the pve crowd has to say on the matter. You aren’t even playing Ark you are playing Minecraft.

Yep toxic like most pvp players. take that somewhere else you blasted Dilo. spitting your venom about. look at the stats PVE makes up the majority of players.

also most pvp is done while other players are off line so technically most pvp players are really player vs turrets

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

Neither the PvE nor the PvP crowd cares about you but your toxic attidude stinks, oh mighty true PvP grinding god.
Personaly I'm interested in everyones opinion in a healthy discussion and everyone who does not care about other than their own opinion should just crawl back under a rock in his mothers basement instead of participating in open discussions.

• Haha 1